Is it advisable to keep wriitng for the same site?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. ramkkasturi profile image61
    ramkkasturiposted 13 years ago

By this I don't mean that you don't write for any other site in parallel. What I mean is if you have written for one site more than X months/years should you just move? Can some one tell me the longest time a hubber has stayed with hub pages? What happens to the hubs of those that leave do they take the content and publish some other place or they just leave them here? What is the proper way?

1. Shadesbreath profile image79
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen a few folks here as long as four years... the pioneers.  There's a handful of 3 year folks.  A pretty good number of two year people like me, and a massive quanity of a year and under.  Definitely snowballing.

Hubs mature like fine wine (good ones do anyway).  PLus, you have Big Brother Google on your side, backing you up in an SEO fight.

I don't do any SEO anything and, over time, am finding my articles getting searched from Bing, AOL, Yahoo, Google of every continent there is I think, and little search engines I've never heard of.  Hubpages is a great site to get out there.  If you know how to (or aren't just to damn lazy to bother with) submit to directories and... use sites like shebeggedmeto.com or whatever... you'll do even better, but you can get front page of Google without doing anything other than hitting publish.  I'm not sure you can do that elsewhere. I advise you stick around.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So there tongue

lol lol lol

What's up Shades?

Sup Cags.  Haven't seen you lurking about lately.

That's because you haven't been lurking about lately. tongue

True.  Took a week off.  smile  Needed some beach time.

See, and you tried to turn it off on me not being here. Huh? lol

Yeah. Funny how we perceive the universe from our own, uh, perceptions, eh?

lol

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

The hubs are yours. If and when you decide to leave Hubpages you can take them with you.
    From what I can see, the longer you stay with Hubpages, the more you earn, so it would be daft to move. Some hubs take longer than others to 'mature', but once they do, they will lose that maturity if they are unpublished and republished elsewhere.

1. Slainia profile image60
      Slainiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The way I"m looking at it - keep in mind I'm a beginning hubber - is as if each different community has a different culture, so to speak. Since my main goal at the moment is experience, the more varied responses I can get, the happier I am. Of course, this is going to take time, but over time if you broaden your horizons, you might find yourself gaining traffic and responses etc from multiple sources. At least, that's my personal goal, assuming I work hard enough at it. Just my opinion, however.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True.  Google respects URL's that are aged, like fine wine.  So it would be crazy to take your Hubs and put them elsewhere, unless HubPages folded (God forbid).

However, I do think it's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, so you should be using other sites, or running your own sites, in parallel.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Using other sites happens by default. My stuff is copied all over the web. Not by me of course, but hey - it's flattering wink

3. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

One site that I write for I will have been with for eight years come this August.  I'll stay with them as long as I feel it's productive, and I'll leave when it isn't.  Same goes for here.

I started on HubPages in July 2006, when the site was still in beta phase.  The end of my fourth year here is fast approaching.  There were 226 people who signed up for the site before I did, but not many of them are active anymore.

When some folks leave, they take their content with them.  Some people leave their Hubs here, but just stop writing new material and the stuff that's up keeps drawing traffic and earning.  What you decide to do when you leave is up to you.

4. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

Shades & Cags - stop philosophising lol

I know, we will hurt ourselves.

Dude, on a side note... so, I'm bored, etc., and so I finally tried Hubhopping for the first time.

Just... wow.  I mean, really, just wow.  Really?  That needed to happen?

That's like the antithesis of display merchandising.

In display merchandising, you take your best stuff and find ways to sort of randomly allow for people to see what you have. Like a jewelry store putting it's big, heart-shaped uber-cut diamonds in a well lit display, etc.  Oooh, sparkly!

Hubhopping is like a jewlery store pumping sewage through glass pipes that run through the display cases.  I am so, like, just wow right now.

Maybe I just had 20 minutes of horrific luck.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tried it too. It felt like the 'next blog' button on Blogspot nav bar. Usually ends up selling latex gloves in Spanish...

(Actually I find the new link tool much the same. I've tried it a couple of times, but I don't see the point of keyword springboarding all around hubpages. I'd rather my readers read to the end!)

2. Cagsil profile image70

Oh okay, if you insist. roll

5. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 13 years ago

There is no 'one sizes fits all' answer to your question.

I publish at several sites and also have my own blogs. If something goes wrong then there's a lesser chance of it being a crushing blow.

1. 49lart profile image66
      49lartposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can benefit your hubs by writing on other article sites and link to your hubs, bringing visitors.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)