What are the movies that mad you walk out of the theatre?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (48 posts)
  1. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

for me it was highlander 4, th psycho remake, twilight, and avp2

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

to be perfectly honest, i can usually tolerate any film no matter how infamously bad it is.  as i grew up watching a lot of bad movies with my father.  lol  however, I will say this.  the only film that ever made me angry that I wanted to walk out that i saw in a theater was "batman & robin."  heck even my father was pissed when he drove me and my brother to see it.  although BOTH me and my brother were huge fans of the movie franchise and we read what a lot of critics said about it, that we both BEGGED our father NOT TO TAKE US to that movie.  since we knew it was awful, but my father ignored us and took us to see it anyway.  needless to say, when we left he complained about it the whole drive home and blamed us for having to watch that piece of garbage.  although I kept trying to tell father that HE was the one who wanted to see it, as me and my brother told him critics said it was bad.  however, he still blames me and my brother to this day for seeing it. go figure.  sometimes i think my life is like charlie brown's since it seems i can't win for losing sometimes.  lol.

2. RNMSN profile image60
      RNMSNposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lockwork orange when it was brand new and so was I

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I have only one- The Lord of the Rings. wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm

2. Glimmer515 profile image61
      Glimmer515posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahahaha I walked out of Lord of the Rings as well!! It was just way to long!

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

o ya I forgot the 1st matrix so boring and drawnout

4. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Pet Cemetery  -  of course, it was within a week of my 1 month old son dying from SIDS.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry to hear (read) that!

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ty

it was 22 years ago.  I told my (now ex) husband I didn't want to go to a movie!  And look what he chose!!  lol  I still refuse to watch the movie, not only for that reason but because the idea sucks!   lol  (why couldn't it have been a comedy?? lol)

5. Banana01 profile image60
    Banana01posted 13 years ago

I have only walked out on one movie in my entire life and it was "Lovely Bones" It was just so weird it bored me and my girlfriend to leave.

6. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I never have, although I have fallen asleep in front of many!

7. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

If I pay to see a movie, why would I walk out? if the movies shite, then you don't have to see it ever again, I've seen lots of bad movies at the cinema...Suburban Commando anyone?

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

o come on that has the great hul hogan brother lol. i saw it on vhs.

2. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

Harry Potter and the half baked prince.  Was prodded awake because I was snoring too loud.  Once awake, too bored to stay, so went for a curry instead.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I can't remember the last one that made me walk in.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I haven't really walked out of a movie. I do remember that I almost fell asleep during a couple of movies. The Postman was one that almost had me snoring.

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

That's too funny Rochelle!!!! lol lol lol lol lol

I haven't been to a movie cinema in the longest time, either. smile I think the last time I did go, was the movie I said I walked out on. lol

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I was a 5 year old child,  I used to see one and the same weird dream: I am a grown up male(!) soldier in uniform and with a rifle,  and I am running from the enemies, they are chasing me and I am scared and desperate to hide. I think grown ups around me used to talk about war in front of a child and it implanted in my memory in a peculiar way. Now I cannot watch war movies. Ever. It hurts. If I accidentaly do - I walk away. Always.

6. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I don't think I have walked out, if I did, it was so bad, I don't remember!  there have been a few that seemed to drag along.
      like the recent alice in wonderland. I even saw it 3d on IMAX and thought parts of it were boring.

7. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I love good movies, but I hate going to a movie theater. I always wait and watch them on my computer. Movies to me are personal, and I want to be in the privacy of my home to enjoy them and act any way I want.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What kind of movies are you talking about Bill? lol

1. Bill Manning profile image69
          Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha,,, ok I guess that does sound weird. I just mean I really get into the movies. I hate being jarred back to reality by a kid kicking the back of my seat or a wailing baby. sad

1. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't forget about the loud screaming teenagers too.  as that totally almost ruined my experiences watching jim carrey's "the mask" and "the lovely bones."

2. waynet profile image68
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he likes to role play and character act what he sees, the sicko! lollol

3. Anesidora profile image59
          Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention hitting "pause" and going off to make a cuppa.  Can't do that in a cinema.

I haven't been to the cinema in ages - it's too expensive for one thing, and there aren't many films that appeal to me anyway.

8. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 13 years ago

There was this godawful movie with Rob Lowe in it: "Illegally Yours." We lasted about 15 minutes. It was painful.

9. Madison22 profile image61
      Madison22posted 13 years ago

The Wrestler:(

10. brianzen profile image60
      brianzenposted 13 years ago

Seven years in tibet

11. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

I remember being too embarassed to walk out of the theatre, back out on the street again and let anyone know that I was even there in the first place....LOL

friend of mine insisted we go to see 'dumb and dumber'  LOL  and it took everything in me to walk through the doors in the first place because I knew it was a stupid movie that I was paying to see.  So when it was over I felt stupid walking back out!  I never went to the show with her again because her tastes in movies was so bad and to top it off I paid for the torture!  I didn't even want to buy popcorn because I didn't want to be seen!  LOL  I was being nice - but never again, will I be that nice....LOL

12. crunchybetty profile image61
      crunchybettyposted 13 years ago

I've only walked out on one: Team America.

It was during the throw-up scene. And while occasionally I think South Park is funny, that movie seemed like the worst episode of South Park (and was complete with a teenage boy sitting in front of us guffawing at every word spoken).

However, when I was 5, I cried so hard at The Fox and the Hound that my parents made us leave the theater. If that counts.  Heh.

13. Origin profile image61
      Originposted 13 years ago

I've only walked out of one, but it wasn't because of the movie, it was late at night and my girlfriend at the time had other ideas. cool

Generally, I don't go to theaters much because I dislike interruptions from people chatting, slurping soda pop, and crunching on candy and popcorn. If the movie is good, I like it quiet.. especially the first time around.

14. wesleycox profile image70
      wesleycoxposted 13 years ago

I am very picky about the movies I would pay 50 bucks for the family to see.  So I have never walked out of a theatre in disgust.

On the other hand I have rented a movie that disgusted me and left the house.  My wife wanted to watch Brokeback Mountain. 

I didn't but thought I'd earn some points by renting this film and watching it with her.  I couldn't finish the film and left.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  i don't know why some hetro men have such hard time with that movie.  It's a good love story! And so real for the times!

1. Origin profile image61
          Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never watched it, but I've heard it was good among my friends (their all straight - me too). I doubt I would have a problem watching it.

You should check it out!   it is a good story!

1. Origin profile image61
              Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I might, but I heard it may have a unhappy ending.. and I'm a sucker for usually only watching movies with happy endings lol.

big_smile

most good love stories have an unhappy ending don't they....go for it...you'll be okay....you can send me a message if you need some support after watching it....i'll be there.....LOL

15. Instgtr profile image60
      Instgtrposted 13 years ago

Having spent 7 years as a projectionist at a movie theatre, I've seen LOTS of movies, some many, many times (my father was also a projectionist and even I can't imagine what having to watch "The Sound Of Music" for 2 years straight, 3 times a day must have been like...)

My sister trained to become a projectionist back when it was 20 minute reels on two projectors where you had to watch for cue marks in the upper right hand corner of the screen so you could make "changeovers" between projectors.

My father was training her and the movie they were playing was "The Exorcist" on it's opening night.  Needless to say, watching for cue marks wasn't easy on that movie... (she froze up, missed the cue and the screen went white...)

I got out of the profession back years ago, but remember one theatre I was working at was a six plex theatre - I'd made up new movies for all 6 theatres and remember the night I was trying to keep tabs on all 6 movies, going back and forth starting, stopping, rethreading, focusing, etc... It was one hell of a nite and it actually took the entire week before I'd seen enough of all of the movies to understand what was going on in each one...

16. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years ago

I did fall asleep on " Interview with a vampire " many years ago. But I have never walked out on one. I usually just take a nap !

17. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

animation movie cars [i think name]  [lame]
      mind you i think it was made for children
      still pissed me off ok?

18. nlowman profile image61
      nlowmanposted 13 years ago

I think the only one I've ever walked out of was "The Madness of King George." It was playing at the only movie theater I could get to when I was twelve, by walking into my quaint, little suburban town. Maybe I might appreciate something about it as an adult, but it was the worst movie ever to me at the time. I tolerated about 30 minutes of it.

19. profile image0
      Lecieposted 13 years ago

when bambi first came into theaters my uncle took me to see it. as soon as i saw bambi lose his mother i made my uncle take me out. that was too devastating for me at that young age. i also wanted to leave during land before time part one when little foot's mother dies. but my sister refused to take me out. i can't stand to cry in public in fact often times when i was with my mother she would hit me when ever i cried or made a scene. so to this day i will not go watch a movie that i know will make me cry. those i save for watching at home.

20. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 13 years ago

I'm picky about movies I go to in theaters, so I don't think I've ever walked out of a theater in disgust. There have been a few I've rented and turned off in disgust, or wished I had! My husband got me Dumb and Dumber once when I had the flu, and has never lived it down. Another one that comes to mind is the Lost in Space movie. Hated, hated, hated it!

Just FYI, I know a couple people who have walked out of Splice over the last few days. Apparently the movie needs a trigger warning for survivors of rape and sexual abuse. Don't know how many survivors are hanging around here, but just in case thought it might be good to spread the word.

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the info. i will avoid this one.

21. gracenotes profile image89
      gracenotesposted 13 years ago

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one:

Dark Knight, that Batman movie.

I could see that the movie probably had at least 20 more minutes to go, and I walked out.  Terrible movie.  Confusing plot, the action didn't flow.  There are other, better Batman movies that I enjoyed in the past.

I didn't much care for the Star Trek movie last year, but I sat through it anyway.  There just aren't that many I'm impressed with, so I have cut way, way back on money I'll spend on current movies.

I went to see Coraline in 3-D, but only because that's what my niece wanted to see.  :-)

22. Megavitamin profile image69
      Megavitaminposted 13 years ago

I don't think I've ever walked out on a movie before, but I have definitely fallen asleep.  Not every movie is great (or even good), but there's usually at least one redeeming quality about them. 

I love seeing movies in the theater, but people can be so inconsiderate that I've almost walked out and requested tickets to a later show.  I've even written a hub about people's awful behavior in movie theaters.  For me, the audience has almost forced me to walk out more often than the movies!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)