why islamic countries are so un developed.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (35 posts)
  1. ardeshir bagheri profile image60
    ardeshir bagheriposted 13 years ago

dear frontiers,in this world with millions years of existence,we only have around 10,000 years of
    known history.The rest is in darkness.but what is so important,and is a big question,why these
    islamic counties have not developed as the rest of the world.why no body has come to front and
    analyzed that,what is difference, that very old civilized countries are so under developed,and some very young countries have gane too fast.and will go fast.
    I have been studying very long times ,searching to find some answers.it has been almost 30 years
    I am following all every day news of the world throughly. looking to find an answer for my question?
    but I finally heard it from month of a young man who was gay and became prime minister of some
    small european country and he was terrorized by some gay person and had no relation with his -
    new acquisitions about islamic countries when he said" all those countries are not yet civilized all
    are moslem  countries.

I am going to give you a  well done study about this subject." why islamic countries are so under developed".

I my self am mosalman,means moslem or a person who his religion is islam.and have been grown in very tough and very disciplined moslem family.my grand father was very reach and
    he was doing all practices in middle of each night with load sound,(it is order by religion) to read
    load ,in order that all get up and do their practices.he was serving poor people for one month called MOHARAM,and people would make big line in front of our house, each night and get food

i gave an small example to explain that i have been trained by such family.when i was child i
    would do all of my practices.until i got 18 years old.when i went to university ,i cut my practices.

in our house there were two different houses.one was called biroony,means outsides,and the
    other was called andarouni,means ,insiders.out siders were  all servants living with  their families
    and inside house were family.who nobody except first grade family ,could talk or see their women hairs.women has to talk behind a curtain.

I did not see or listen to any radio,tv,or any girl,or women but,only my mother and sister.
    these new equipments were all HARAM,means not allow to touch it.as refrigerator,tv,radio,etc..

after I got older and went to university,i start to thing ,what was happening.we were right or
    these teachers are right.or books of different subjects.it is struggling time with your self,what is
    happening to me.i got girl find,the third one told me you have marry me,as all have seen us.
    i was afraid and soon married her in my 22 years old.

this story is long and if you liked it ,tell me ,i will continue until a few weeks.
    ardeshir bagheri
    bagheri@alutrades.com

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Islam and the Arab misogynist mindset comes to mind.

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Considering that the first woman is thought to be responsible for causing civilization, the oppression of their females might just have something to do with it.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I have long thought that locking away 1/2 of their population and restricting them to little but bearing children is a primary reason.  When women are restricted to contributing ONLY to the family instead of the country it is a great loss.

1. BlackSun profile image60
            BlackSunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In a lot of muslim countries muslim women are not restricted to little but child bearing. it is I would say a very simplstic point of view to say that all muslim women are restricted to their rooms.

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Simple.  The only way the Islamic Religion way of life and religion will only work in an underdeveloped country.  Without the suppression of modernization, Islam fails.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOLO

And that barely makes sense in English. Kristian religion better huh? LOLOL

Amerika developed. We dun kill the injuns. LOLOL

3. Anesidora profile image60
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Write some hubs about it all.

4. profile image0
    Good Intentionsposted 13 years ago

What gives anyone the right to judge anyone else?  Most of the world are 'under developed'.  We are lucky to have our birth right in the first world.  It is easy to condemn those that are less fortunate and who know no different!

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I would not call Saudi Arabia undeveloped, neither would I call the United Arab Emirates undeveloped. Nor Kuwait. Of course, you mean 'under developed'. Any disparities in the wealth of people within those countries is the fault of their own internal systems.

Iraq and Afghanistan have the natural resources to be wealthier than any of those countries, yet never has been. The question is one which perhaps bears very little, or no, relevance to religion and every relevance to political rule and economic theory.

1. LeanMan profile image78
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Living in Saudi Arabia I would say that although the very new infrastructure in places is quite modern the people on the whole are uneducated and ...... I think I best bite my tongue...

6. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I think the poster is assuming a causal effect on the part of religion to preventing development, maybe the link is the other way around; underdeveloped countries are more religious!

Does not matter what the religion is, the more under-developed the country is the more religous the people.... check it out...

Once a country becomes more "developed" people's time for "church" and "god" changes focus to their new GOD - MONEY

7. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Write some hubs about it.  It's interesting and you don't seem to be preaching yet, so people might actually read it if you are going to tell a genuine story.

If I had to answer the question, I would just say that the Islamic world hasn't had it's Renaissance yet, so it's still bound by dogma and too many people are trapped in a world that does not allow them access to the basic principle of "critical thought."

Without critical thinking skills on a large scale, manipulating religious leaders can misuse the word of god to enslave people in chains of ignorance, fear and hate.

Westerners trying to give the gift of critical thought to those pockets of darkness are called infidels and accused of doing evil.  It's pretty sad.  It's like watching someone you love destroy themselves with drugs and having to listen to them tell you how you don't know what you're talking about, how they are happy and that you are the one "missing it."

All you can do is sigh and respect their right to make their own decisions.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said. smile wink

8. BlackSun profile image60
    BlackSunposted 13 years ago

I don't think muslim countries are underdeveloped. I would say countries freed from colonialism about half a century ago are mostly underdeveloped, muslim or not.

9. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

in top 5 unstable countries ...all are muslim countries..in top ten failed state majority are muslim countries..so guess this gives impression that muslim countries are most un developed...while some muslim countries are doing great too...countries like malayasia is upcoming. saudi is rich but like leanman said people are uneducated...but it is opening up and is moving in right direction..uae has great infrastructure..

10. profile image0
    The stallionposted 13 years ago

I'd like to say that yes, most muslim countries around the world are under-developed, in comparison with other countries. In my opinion, the sole reason for this is that most muslim countries do not have a good standard of education! Most muslims believe that they should only acquire religious education and not study the modern sciences considering these modern sciences as "unislamic". And without acquiring modern knowledge, how can a country develop?

I would like to state here Dr, Allama Iqbal's(1877-1938) words:-

"The only course open to us is to us is to approach modern knowledge with a respectful but independent attitude and to appreciate the teachings of Islam in the light of this knowledge even though we may be lead to differ from those who have gone before us"

Moreover most Muslims also believe that women are forbidden to study in Islam, whereas Muhammad(S.A.W.W) clearly said:-

"It is an obligation upon all Muslims(male and female) to acquire knowledge"

And about the women being restricted to home issue, I would like to say that Islam allows women to go out of their houses if they have to, but with their heads covered. The greatest example is of Hazrat Khadija(R.A), the first wife of the Muhammad(S.A.W.W), who was a trader.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@stallion may be restricting woman is more to do with male dominance who dont want to see woman progress than religion...may be some vested interest are using religion/culture as tool to restrict woman..what do you think?

1. profile image0
        The stallionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, male dominance seems to be the only reason! Religion is just used as a tool for it!

11. chigoiyke profile image62
    chigoiykeposted 13 years ago

Whats the need for development when they will still bomb the whole place down. Remember the many virgins. Smh but lol

1. profile image0
      The stallionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, the media is spreading the idea that all muslims are terrorists, which is not true! I dont really think you have ever met a real muslim personally!

And, under-development and ignorance are the very reasons for terrorism(i.e, "bomb the whole place")

12. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

Here's my 2 cents worth: I think that in Arab countries there is an underlying anger and frustration that their status in the world dropped from being Imperial powers and leaders to being small poorer countries, and that this created a kind of nationalism that got mixed up with religion, desperately clinging to and harking back to more glorious days, and which now resists modernity.

Rational thought free from religious doctrine, the emancipation of women, and an emphasis on material wellbeing rather than just spiritual obediance are all essential for economic development.

13. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I still believe my earlier comment, muslim countries are not poor because they are muslim. They are Muslim / highly religious because they are poor, all poor countries everywhere in the world are highly religious and the leaders use religion to control and manipulate the masses.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The richest country in the world is highly religious, as are about half of the top ten richest countries. So, so much for that theory.

1. kephrira profile image60
        kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not all that highly religious compared to a great many poor countries.

So now it's a matter of degree? Is there some religiousity constant by which you can do your calculations?

1. kephrira profile image60
            kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think it is most certainly a matter of degree as all countries are at least a bit religious. And no, there is no constant obviously, but I base that on things like - separation of church and state, the degree to which religious doctrine controls every aspect of a persons life (in strict terms rather than just general values with no rigid definition), the freedom that people have to not be religious and to critisize religion. Also I think it has to do with the degree to which the dominant religion allows itself to yield to modern ideas when they are obviously more correct, rather than just proclaiming itself as an eternal truth that therefore doesn't need to evolve.

So, you are really talking about the separation of church and state rather than how religious the people of the country are?

2. pisean282311 profile image63

@lean you have made a good point..

3. Sab Oh profile image55

I disagree. Islam 'decided' long ago to respond to European social, technological, and military development by running backwards, with predictable results.

i disagree with your disagreement..

14. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

Islamic countries remain undeveloped because they restrict freedom and are run by corrupt governments.

15. shibilyt profile image60
    shibilytposted 13 years ago

actually i don't agree with this opinion completely
    because many islamic countries like saudi arabia,uae,qataretc are very power full in economy and devoloment.
    there are only few countries which are not devoloped well .

well i tend to disagree..Islamic countries are not just arab world..Indonesia has largest population of muslims , pakistan comes second, bangladesh too has huge population..then most african countries too are islamic..arab world is infact tiny in comparison...

16. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

They are probably undeveloped because they expect to evolve while living by an ancient book. Kinda hard to do. It takes new books to learn new things.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)