Stanley Cup Finals Game 6

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (21 posts)
  1. kingis profile image68
    kingisposted 13 years ago

Well, will tonight be the night for Chicago or will Philly force a Game 7?  Looking forwarding to collecting everyone's thoughts on the game.

2. mrpopo profile image73
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

In the playoffs, Philly's been really good at home (I think they're 9-1 and won the last 7?), and in the regular season were 3-0 against Chicago while at home. I still think it's Chicago's time but it would be very interesting to see Philly force a game 7 smile

3. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

GO FLYERS

4. vanchen profile image67
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

3-2 Chicago... big third period for both teams coming up.

5. mrpopo profile image73

Only 13 shots for Philly, they need to be more offensive.

6. kingis profile image68

It has been a great game so far.  The broadcasters on NBC have been saying the Flyers just look like they are out of gas. There has been some up and down action. Still 3 - 2 Hawks with 4:42 left in the game.

7. kingis profile image68

Flyers just tied it up at 3 with 3:59 left in the game. Scott Hartnell scores his second goal of the game.

8. kingis profile image68

We are going to Overtime!!

9. vanchen profile image67

wow.  lucky third goal, but it was deserved. 

Picks for overtime:

I'm saying captains for both teams.

10. kingis profile image68

Well, my soundalike just won the Stanley Cup for the Blackhawks as Patrick Kane won it overtime.

11. mrpopo profile image73

Flyers were going all out in that last bit. Still, Chicago deserved this one. Great game.

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

I was just in a late meeting tonight and we ended it because there were only 5 more minutes left in the game (or something like that) - someone got a text message.  So...as we were finally gathering up to leave because of the text message - someone else got a phone call about someone scoring.  Well, at least I got to leave the meeting somewhat early!  LOL

13. vanchen profile image67

wow what a crazy way to end it.  A weak goal for sure... I don't even think Leighton knew it went in the net.

14. Derek D profile image60
    Derek Dposted 13 years ago

4-3 overtime Win - Chicago takes the Cup........cool

15. Cari Jean profile image88
    Cari Jeanposted 13 years ago

Blackhawks win in overtime by a goal from Kane and Jonathan Toews receives MVP!! Great game! Great series!

16. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i think Chicago wil take it in 6...

anyone want to bet??

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll take that bet, when is game 6 scheduled, btw? wink

17. jaxjohnny profile image61
    jaxjohnnyposted 13 years ago

not a great series at all. weak game winner. leighton sucks!!!

i wish red wings kept leino!!! and hossa and kopecky@!!

ughhh

18. dhesje profile image60
    dhesjeposted 13 years ago

unfortuanate Toews didn't get another point in the final game to take sole possesion of the record for most points by a blackhawk in a single playoffs. Kudos to him for hoisting the cup, especially after losing to Canada in the olympics. Not to mention winning the mvp, a sentimental pick going to Duncan Keith. However it would of been nice to see Toews get that elusive last point to further himself in the record books. He came so close in the first period when on the doorstep that rebound off of the post just bounced over his stick!

1. vanchen profile image67
      vanchenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have misread this, but Toews played for Canada in the olympics.

2. dhesje profile image60
      dhesjeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wups......i actually was just ranting on about kane and winnning a cup after losing to canada in the olympics and got my wires crossed there. You definitely didn't misread it, i just had a little brain fart. Rookie hubber here, if i can edit a comment, i should!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)