When this circus in Hollywood will end?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image55
    sharewareposted 15 years ago

How are you my friends?

Just wanted to exchange with you my thoughts. In recent years we have seen so many "stars" going to Hollywood in the hope of that one day they can become BIG star and afford themselves A HUGE crib in Monaco. And the movie business has gone mad. People out there create SO MANY movies each year, that they tear an audience apart. So, we have been cashing on approximately all tickets to see EACH movie which has been posted at Box Office.

Is there any end to that? Even in India, movies are created maximum 2 in a week. Is there gonna be a time, when we gonna have FEW movies but with real quality, with real acting skills, but not a bunch of people trying to be funny or trying to generate cash from flexible audience?

2. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

We can only dream smile we lived in LA and what was very disheartening is when you would interview new employees and asked them what there goals were or if you reviewed their resumes' many said they were aspiring actors/actresses it was the strangest thing for me. I guess in our own little world we are all aspiring actors and actresses and are waiting for our character to rise to fame. smile

1. profile image55
      sharewareposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yes, u are right, as W. Shakespeare once said we are all actors and life is a stage, but still it is unacceptabel, that these guys producing 24/7 (and not always good movies) and still get some money from you , from me , from audience.

The only barrier is for them to make very good trailer and here we go...we are all obssessed about that movie....

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You have hit it right on the nose and it is ridiculous that we follow it. We need fresh new scripting and we need to see things that we have not ever seen, however I do not know if it is possible.smile

1. profile image55
          sharewareposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i guess it is impossible, but if we unite once , we can express that not every script/movie was successful. We going forward to animated movies (and action packed movies are the most ones which are being watched) , so  i guess in 10 years time , we won't need any actors, only magic from computer....

3. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

These movies will be produced at such a rate if there is always a demand, which there is.

1. Cris A profile image60
      Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Movie making is first and foremost a business.  Quality movies will only be made if audiences everywhere demand for it. Otherwise, if they are willing to pay for just about any movie, I don't see it slowing down any time soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)