Anybody here like to write music?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (22 posts)
  1. JArvinV profile image79
    JArvinVposted 15 years ago

I like to play around on the piano and just make stuff up.  Is there anyone else that likes to do the same with any instrument?

Do you like to play in major/minor?  Do you make positive, happy songs, or sad and nostalgic?

I'm more of a happy/nostalgic writer =P

2. pretty girl 56 profile image57
    pretty girl 56posted 15 years ago

I like to listen to music. I can't play anything but I wish I could. The sadest song I listened to was by Garbage: "I'm only happy when it rains." I felt she was talking about me too. Have you published only hubs?

3. pjdscott profile image68
    pjdscottposted 15 years ago

I like to write when I have a moment. The problem is that life is too busy at present! I have some ideas sketched out, but they will have to wait for a while...

Good luck with yours!

4. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Music is my passion...but it hasn't been until recently that my life has gotten to a point where I can consider picking up playing and writing again.  I am considering a Masters in Music Therapy. A long time coming, but it feels good to be here. I am very rusty at playing violin and piano, but my favorite is to sing. And I will want to do guitar for the therapy aspect.

5. Woody Marx profile image70
    Woody Marxposted 15 years ago

I love to write music!  It is one of my favorite ways to connect with my 'right brain'.  I recommend everyone to learn an instrument of your choice, and then start 'improvising' on it.  You will tap into an entirely new side of your personality that you never knew existed.  I guarantee it!

6. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Wow Jewel, you play the violin?  What a beautiful instrument!

I can play the guitar pretty well, sing and have a little background in piano.  I'm sort of a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none!

I wish I wrote music.  I've tried in the past, but it's hard for me to overcome how much of a linear thinker I am.  My right brain needs work!

7. mroconnell profile image71
    mroconnellposted 15 years ago

I like to record music, but it's pretty weird.  The songs in these two videos are both by my friends and me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NWAa12uw5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJIibHpUdw

8. profile image49
    oakwood_hannahposted 15 years ago

I love listening to music but how i wish i can sing and compose a very beautiful song. and ever since i want to learn how to play piano ang guitar. lol

9. newmejulie1 profile image60
    newmejulie1posted 15 years ago

I love to write music, both music and lyrics. I have not done it in awhile. I have spent my time leading the choir and not producing things for myself. I have produced music which has been performed in church. Both in my home church as well as others around the states.

I like anything to do with music, singing it, writing it, listening to it. It is apart of my soul. And I do believe music heals.

10. profile image0
    listenupposted 15 years ago

I like to play around with music. I dont really write it, but I make up songs on my guitar and Uke and try to remember what I did so I can do it again. That's the hard part!

11. profile image49
    balu2310posted 15 years ago

Hi,

Music is m passion,now i am enjoing only hearing the music,but i love to write the music,I dont know hoe to write,m favourite music instrument is violin,guitar& electronic keboard.

======
    balu

http://www.widecircles.com

12. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I sometimes try to write lyrics to a song... try neutral

Lol, I'm not too good at it smile

13. guidebaba profile image56
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Let us know when you do it. We would like to get some idea.

Cheers !!!!

14. Baazar profile image61
    Baazarposted 15 years ago

Writing your own original music is one of the most fun, rewarding, frustrating and difficult aspects of being a musician.

If you're new to music and trying to write a song when you don't have much of a background in theory in can be like trying to write a book without a vocabulary- which is why I advocate having a solid understanding of musical mechanics, (check out my hubs for more on this.)

I've spent that past 5 or 6 years of my life writing music and it really has changed my life in more ways than one. Playing someone else's song is fun, but you can really open up new sides of yourself when you experiment with making music your own.

1. grumpyjacksa profile image59
      grumpyjacksaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

once you have created something, however simple, nothing ever seems the same again.

yet you cannot imagine your life without it, ever again.

so you just keep 'em coming........

15. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 15 years ago

I do!

So far I'm up to M, U, S, I...

1. Sodasound profile image61
      Sodasoundposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, Darkside, you're going to have to make it to C. Neither is there a key of Z, no matter what some stoner with a Sitar might have told you.

I'm joking, of course.

And yes, writing music is one of my main things.

I have written dozens of songs, and I keep throwing out the crappy ones so I have room to remember the good new ones - and then wishing I hadn't been so hard on the old ones.

I guess the idea here is that if something isn't what you want it to be right now, the best thing to do is stick it in the dirt somewhere where it will get lots of water and sunlight, and let it surprise you later.

16. profile image0
    geminitwinposted 15 years ago

I have written gospel lyrics and put one to music on my digital piano. Have some happy songs and some sad, but going home to Jesus is not really a sad thing.

17. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 15 years ago

I've written a couple of songs both words and music. I've posted 2 of them in my account. I'm a blues fan but sometimes blues can be happy too!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I love writing music.  No specific kind of music, I usually end up writting punk/pop, folk, or pop.

Not really popular with the in crown, but my locals love me, which is basically myself, and some youtubers. 

ehh...

18. Dj from NJ profile image57
    Dj from NJposted 15 years ago

I have written songs for 2 local bands here on the Jersey shore,
    the Helper Monkees and currently Dos Amigos.

check out my tenacoius D like band
    inspired by the simpson's episode when Homer gets a monkey and makes him lazy and fat.

myspace.com/helpermonkees

I'll write some of my lyrics in a new post real soon

19. Siu-Wai profile image66
    Siu-Waiposted 15 years ago

You guys are a talented bunch. Wouldn't it be fun to get together and jam sometime?

I"ve been a songwriter since college (back in the Dark Ages) and a lot of the songs are dedicated to people I've known or admired--Amelia Earhart, Mozart's sister Nannerl, my grandmother, my two mothers (I"m adopted), Louis Sockalexis, the first Cleveland Indian ballplayer, and Martin Luther King, jr. The song for MLK is called "Keep the Dream Alive" and it's on YouTube if you search "pianomama." Enjoy!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)