Only 1 hub-author score. Why is that?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)
  1. jamesbrownbete profile image60
    jamesbrownbeteposted 13 years ago

I just saw a hubber with only 1 author score when in fact he has 276 hubs. Why is that?

I will admit that my hubs are not great and not well written because English is only my third language and I am not using it every day. Aside from that, I only have 6 hubs. But my score only drops until 80 and be back to 86 until 88 for sometime. Now what makes this author with only 1 hubber score? Could it be that he just copied his articles in other sources that made his score dropped so badly?

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

The hubber could have too many things wrong and probably no traffic. Plus, they do nothing, like reading other hubs or commenting on hubs or any other activity. smile

jamesbrownbeteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But Cagsil, he has 276 hubs!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, if one is bad, then most them are likely to be bad. Especially, if English is not their first language or they are not fluent in the language.

You, yourself said you have it as a third language and that it is hurting you(you realize it, because you said it).

This person apparently has a lot of hubs and probably is nowhere near where they should be with their hubs. Besides, authorscore doesn't affect earnings.

Authorscore is HubPages related, not earnings related. smile

Anyway, thanks cagsil! Im looking forward that you will receive your next adsense payment very soon. Congrats!

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you and I am working on it. lol

2. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All the content could be duplicate. You can write the same article on hubpages as 100 other sites as long as your the owner, but your score will drop to zero and well..other side effects happen including looking into account banning.

~thranax~

This mean that its not actually all about the number of hubs that you had published.

3. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not your quantity that's important, it's your quality.

That right relache. You know you're my idol here in hubpages.

3. Slainia profile image60
    Slainiaposted 13 years ago

Chances are he spam posted them. It's like the old ez-board forums. With those, for anyone who remembers, there was a rule for most writing sites - for every piece of writing you posted, you commented no two or your post was locked. Doing so ensured the forum was active with give AND take, and provided a way to tell who was a serious member of the forum and who was there for purely their own reasons.
    I've noticed since I joined, if you post a whole lot of hubs all at once, your score IS going to go down - it needs time for each of the hubs to be evaluated by the users. If he has no traffic, keeps posting hubs, his score isn't going to go up b/c theres no positive enforcement to the score - the sites going to think his content, to put it simply, sucks.

Thank you Slainia. I have also noticed that some of his hubs are below the standard 300 minimum words.

4. DonnaWallace profile image59
    DonnaWallaceposted 13 years ago

Wow. That is a really low score. As a new hubber, it was good to learn that you should wait for your hubs to settle before posting more. It does seem to take time for people to find your hubs. Do you think that's why his score is so low?

That's what Slainia said, Donna.

2. Slainia profile image60
      Slainiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Combination of things. Think of it like a pair of scales, with his score in the middle. On one side, you've got his established hubs gaining score and reader impressions and what not. On the other, you've got the new hubs, and possibly things like low quality - low word count, english as a second language, duplicate content. All of these things impact author score negatively, so if this out-balances the other side, then his score is going to go down. On the other hand, if he posts a lot of hubs, but they meet basic requirements - again, word count, not duplicate content etc - it may go up and down frequently. I'm not sure how it takes into account commenting, though.

Slainia, English is only my third language and that also hurts me. How do find my grammar anyway?

1. Slainia profile image60

How do they find it? They may have algorithms that watch for certain phrases, things like that. It's not something I know a lot about, just that it would figure in. What I'd suggest for fixing your own, though - read it out loud. Read alot of english books - even cheap harlequin romance novels will help with the flow of the language, at least on certain levels. Familiarize yourself with it in daily life. If you want, I'll proof read a few things for you? Dunno if it helps. smile

Yes, Slainia. can you proof read some of my hubs? I know, that's really a big favor. But I am so happy that you have just volunteered to do so. Thank you so much. You must be a very good person.

1. Slainia profile image60

No I just love to edit. I can't committ to a whole lot right now, but start me off with something short or simple and I'll go from there. I'll try and leave examples of why a turn of phrase doesn't work when I can. Sometimes it's just having someone of the native language - whatever that may be - help you with the fluid aspect of writing, I think. Email me @ the website email listed in my profile, k?

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

The only way the score can go that low I am aware of is fanning everybody around and their dog.

I see. Thanks Misha!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)