how many of you pray every day?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (62 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

how many of you pray every day? and how has prayers helped you in day to day life?

1. h.a.borcich profile image62
      h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prayer for me is not limited to a specific time. Prayer is more like a perpetual conversation with God through out the day.
        I have an old trunk topped with a piece of bevelled glass, under the glass are photos and papers with names of folks I know who need prayer. Every time I pass it I pray for someone.
        How has praying helped me in day to day life? Prayer is always available. It is a concious act of turning over to God all that concerns me. Through regular prayer I seek guidance in making decisions, how to fix problems, everything. When I follow His leading I am at my best to help others.

2. fudge128 profile image61
      fudge128posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a Catholic and I pray twice a day. I get release from it and it makes me feel good. It is the only way that I can get through the day.

3. TheWicklessCandle profile image58
      TheWicklessCandleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pray every day, and my wife and I pray together every night.

1. Sassypoetic profile image60
        Sassypoeticposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful to read that you and your wife pray together every night.  May you continue to be blessed.. As it is often stated a family who prays together stays together... I strongly believe it to be a fact... I pray often no matter where I am.. rather I'm sitting, or down on my knees,  It's great to talk to God all the time... That brings you closer to him.. He becomes more real, And that'a what he wants. All of his children to talk to him and build a personal relationship with him...

4. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pray on my drive to work each morning. I find that my day goes crap if I don't and I loose my sense of closeness to my Father.

Throughout the day I'll randomly offer thanks and praise to Him too.

I've also noticed that when I'm trying to solve a problem, the answer comes within half an hour if I talk to my Father about it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent. So - what you are in effect saying is that your "Father" helps you to set up weapons systems for Muslims to kill Christians and Jews with. That is interesting. I think there is another word other than "irony" in that actually and really - it is this sort of behavior that convinced me none of you really believe - you just like to tell other people that you do. Thanks. See you in hell. wink

1. Disappearinghead profile image59

Who rattled your cage?

You did. wink

Tell me more about how the prayer helps you to be closer to the "Father," that is going to burn you in hell for all eternity. lol

2. Disappearinghead profile image59

Doh. I've never been involved in weapons systems. What part of tactical comms don't you understand? And I don't do that either. I do warehouse and configuration management systems. It could be in a defence industry or a car manufacturer.

But hey, why am I wasting my time answering your comments which only consist of insult rather than intelligent debate?

Actually I am making a rather strong point. Sorry if I did not express it clearly enough.

As you genuinely seem to believe there is a hell and you are going there for being involved in selling comm systems to the Libyan military who will use them presumable to aid in the killing of other people, it appears the desire for money is greater than your fear of hell.

So - are you planning on being "repentant" later or do you not really believe?

This is a genuine question because I had already come to the conclusion that most believers do not really believe - If they did - we would live in a wonderful, crime and violence free world.

But we don't. wink

When I said I was going to hell I would have thought that you of all people Mark would have gotten the joke. Or maybe being American you don't understand British humour - saying one thing but meaning the complete opposite which can be deduced by the context of what is being said in conjuction with a knowledge of what has been said before.

Now as to your last statement, whether or not believers really believed or not would make very impact in reducing violence and crime because there are many orders of magniture more people who don't believe who have no set of moral guidelines preventing them from comitting said crimes and violence.

Whilst you may be a shinning example of athiest enlightenment that only seeks to spreqd peqce and love to humanity, there are very many more people who do not share your utopian vision for society.

Perhaps as a good upstanding athiest you would like to set your life goal to show the believers just how peace love and wonderfulness should really be done. Heck if you are really good I might even consider being your disciple.

Actually I am English. But - excellent job on avoiding my question and blaming it all on the unbelievers.

I don't blame you - it was a genuine, but tough question. I have learned I don't get answers to them. So - The Father sez selling military comms systems to the Libyans is just fine thanks? I thought He would somehow. wink

World peace? Sure - we could start by not selling military equipment to the Libyans et al. You up for quitting and refusing to do that?

As I said, I'm developing a warehouse system. However, I'm looking to find a job elsewhere come September for a whole myriad of reasons.

2. Sassypoetic profile image60
        Sassypoeticposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so right.. Prayer is very powerful: It's great knowing he hears all prayers, and answers all prayers.. Sometimes we may not get the answer that we hope for... However it only means, if we didn't get what we asked for, it's because God knew what was best... And decided it wasn't in our best interest.... But prayer is good and always answered... What a wonderful God..

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny how answered prayers can't really be distinguished from random coincidence. smile

Or, prayer is just one person talking to themselves.

What a random and coincidental nature. smile

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well even if person is talking to himself/herself ,prayers do have impact on brain which alters action...brain with belief performs..this belief may or not may be on god..

1. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever action is taken will still most likely follow some biblical scripture as opposed to doing the right thing. smile

hmmm..u may have a point out here..

5. jennshealthstore profile image80
      jennshealthstoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pray all the time. I do not believe that you have to set a certain time to pray. When ever I talk to god I am praying. I am talk him all day long. I always give thanks and praise. I consult him on all my decisions and ask for strenght when I need it. I feel it is very helpful and if I am having a hard time I always get the strenght I need. If you need help just ask. God it there for you.

6. darrylcrawford profile image67
      darrylcrawfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Each day. To me it's apart of my life. When you pray and know how to pray it makes it all worth while. Please do take the time to read my short hub on prayer. I believe it will help you or if not you others.

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL>

http://hubpages.com/hub/Prayer-is-the-m … ve-in-life

7. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

praying , like believing in god will give people a belief that it is helping them in some way. i never pray and never will other then to say that i sometimes hope that something will work out. if "god" is almighty and knowing wouldn't just thinking something be good enough. if i had to tell a boss how great he was every day just to keep a job i'd quit the job. if you need to pray just to feel better then you should try figuring out  yourself and see what's wrong with you that you don't have the strength of mind to solve your own problems.

8. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

I do pray five times a day.
      One has to worship the Creator- God Allah YHWH, on its merit.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why? Is your little god that insecure that it has to be worshipped?? lol Reminds me of a girl I once knew! lol

1. profile image52

Hi friends

The worshiping is acquiring attributes or light of the Creator- God Allah YHWH into ourselves or to dispel the darkness of evil from our own selves. We need it; He does not need it.

Thanks

1. skyfire profile image80
            skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same old blabber without proof mate.

9. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pray constantly. I'm a 63 year old Canadian male. I have no ulcers, no High Colesterol, no High Blood Pressure a strong heart, good circulation,good breathing,strong sight and hearing, no physical problems whatsoever. I eat what I like as much as I like. I'm always cool,calm,and collected,and easy going. All in all I guess I'd have to say I'm doing great.

2. defenestratethis profile image62
    defenestratethisposted 13 years ago

For me, prayer is constant. Its hard to explain, but I feel as though my very existance is a prayer. For the most part I am a prayer of Thanks. I Thank God for it all, the good and the not so good..I even say thank you each time my foot hits the ground when Im out walking. How has this helped me? It has increased my appreciation of life, given me greater peace of mind, and delivered me from self importance.

thats nice..

3. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

I pray a lot every day, I feel like i am dying without praying a single day.
    Its our believe which makes us to pray and which makes our prayers come true

who is our?..you and your family?..also how has prayers effected your mental health?..it helps in staying calm and composed?

4. Lady Rose profile image76
    Lady Roseposted 13 years ago

I dont think i could go on living without daily talking to my sweet Jesus. It comes naturally, even subscounciously, to chat with him thru the day, to ask Him questions, thank Him for all the nice things He does for me and my loved ones all the time. To me is Our intimate relationship what keeps me going thru thick and thin. He is always with me no matter what.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I do, everyday tow or three times a day, it varies

and what has been its effect on your day to day life?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it helps me cope with everyday lifes little prob, psychologically

great..i got that..thanks..

6. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

I don't pray, but I often meditate and visualize my spirit manifesting a positive light around the earth.

So, almost same difference I 'spose.

thats interesting..i got that ..and how does your meditating effect your life on day to day basis?

1. lxxy profile image59
        lxxyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel an inherent closeness to my mind, body, and spirit. Also, I feel as if I'm much more intimate with humanity and the universe at large. smile

excellent..i got that..thanks...

7. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I think too many people ask for things in prayer which aren't important, although lots of people are asking for help in serious matters like to cure illness which it should be needed for smile

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I have no use for prayer, therefore I do not pray. I'm not gullible to believe my life is in the hands of anyone other than myself.

I am true to myself, therefore I derive the love and faith, I require to live my life.

I do not have a need for meditation either, because naturally my clarity of life is already able to answer any question I derive from living my life.

1. lxxy profile image59
      lxxyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's cool Cagsil smile My life is clear and what not have you; I just enjoy the benefits meditation has to offer, such as lucid dreaming.

While I'm not religious, I'm also learned enough not to discount that which science has yet to explain. wink

I'm also learned enough not to discount that which science has yet to explain....quiet right..

9. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

I feel a sort of Zen serenity when I'm hiking, and that is the closest I get to either prayer or meditation.

In general, I've found that the stiller my body is, the more active my mind, so traditional forms of prayer and meditation bore me absolutely to pieces and I can guarantee that no matter how devout or transcendent I might appear to be, I am actually just sitting there thinking about what I'm going to cook for dinner. My body needs to be moving for my mind to be still!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No offense intended....but does this mean you cannot walk and chew gum at the same time? smile Just curious.. lol

10. Haris Amin profile image58
    Haris Aminposted 13 years ago

I don't pray every day but i think i should. Prayer solves my every problem and makes me light inside.

11. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

I pray everyday, I think it's important and I am trying to teach my son they same thing.  Talking to God is a good thig!!! Great question.

12. macias13 profile image59
    macias13posted 13 years ago

I pray everyday and Night

13. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I've learned enough not to believe in dead people or fairies. smile

smile

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Why bash your head on the wall?
    2000 years, 10 billion prayers, no answers should say something to those with even a tad of logic! lol

2000 years?...well prayers have been part of human species since quiet longer than 2000 years..it does exist in recorded format for 5000 years but human existence is quiet longer than 5000 years..genetic records show first bunch of humans in India came around 70,000 years ago..so dont know when prayers begun..but here my point is not on religion..i am seeing its effect on brain..even mind science believes that prayers do effect brain and instill confidence to deal with situation...

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it would be longer than 2000 years, I just wanted to make sure I did not exaggerate the point I was making. smile
        Any strongly held belief has an effect on the mind. It is all pretty well understood these days, nothing to do with religion is right in this sense. smile

15. ailang profile image60
    ailangposted 13 years ago

every day..every time...My soul need Jesus..

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Several times a day! It brings me inner peace.

17. PegCole17 profile image94
    PegCole17posted 13 years ago

Interesting question and lively debate here. We'll find out one day who was right.

I find that prayer helps me feel gratitude for all the good things I receive on a daily basis. Our prayers don't control the outcome of situations. That is out of our realm. And yes, I pray every chance I get. Short words of thanks, requests for guidance and protection from the everpresent evil in the world.

18. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

how many of you pray every day?

I pray five times a day out of my free will; if others don't pray out of their free will. Why should they have any objection on my praying. My praying does not harm them. Does it?

Thanks

19. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 13 years ago

I pray by myself, with my spouse and with my children several times a day.  When I eat, before bed, sometimes before I leave the house.  Sometimes I just pray about small daily things in my head.  Prayer is a personal thing.  If someone doesn't want to pray or have a belief in God that is their decision.  I don't think it makes them horrible people.  I just ask for the same respect.  You don't have to agree with someone to be respectful.  A lot of people don't understand the meaning of the word anymore.

1. profile image52

Hi friend  MissE

You are a very wise person; please continue praying; also please remember me in your prayers in whatever faith/religion you belong to .

Thanks

1. MissE profile image77
        MissEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will and hope that you will do the same!  Have a great day!

1. profile image52

Thank you; and I will also

Regards

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)