I dont understand the Hubpages Team

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Daedalu profile image61
    Daedaluposted 13 years ago

Hi,
    A few days ago I received an email from the Hubpages Team stating the following:

"Dear Daedalu,

Your Hub has been identified as a violation of our Terms of Use.

Overly Promotional - Solely or excessively promotes another site(s), especially when Hub links all point to one site.

A link to your Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Asbestos-LungMesothelioma

The rules - read these carefully:
    * If your Hub's content is unique to HubPages (doesn't appear anywhere else on the internet) then your Hub can have a MAXIMUM of 2 links to any one domain (tinyurl and other cloakers are considered wildcards).
    * If your Hub's content appears anywhere else on the internet, then you may NOT add links to sites or offers you are promoting. This means that you can not have any promotional links on hubs that appear elsewhere on the internet.
    * You can not give a short teaser and a link to "read more" or "continue". The Hub must have the full content you want to present.
    * You can NOT add links to sites irrelevant to the Hub's topic
    * Your hub may not contain an RSS feed that directs to the same site as a link within the body of the hub
    * You should consider adding more original content, or legitimate links to other online resources that complement this Hub's topic

Your Hub has been unpublished, giving you the opportunity to edit it and make it compliant with our Terms of Use. When you are ready to have HubPages review it again, please edit it and click the "Submit for Publication" button. We will then review your Hub, and publish it if it abides by our Terms of Use. You will then get an email saying that the hub has been cleared for publication and republished.

Here are a few examples of high-quality Hubs that are compliant with our Terms of Use:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ideas_for_Tattoos
    http://hubpages.com/hub/PC_Tuneup
    http://hubpages.com/hub/St_Regis_Bora_Bora

Please note that repeated violations will result in the banning of your account. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our Terms of Use before publishing again:

http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

Sincerely,

The HubPages Team"

I ANSWERED BACK:

"Dear Hubpage Team,

For starters I apologize for this.

Second, when you suggest looking at  http://hubpages.com/hub/Ideas_for_Tattoos as an example, I see a section called Tattoo Design Links and Suggestions with 6 different links to 6 different sites.
    Could you explain why those are not against TOS and what the difference is?

What do you mean by legitimate links?

All my hubs are original 100% unique content that gave me alot of work to write.

Thanks,
    Daedalu"

AFTER 3 DAY, I GET THIS EMAIL:

"Your hub was cleared and published 6 hours ago. The hub you cited is not moderated for spam because the author is not generating any income from the links she posted, her content is original, and no semi-promotional links appear more than once."

I JUST HAD 4 HIPERLINKS TO RELATED HUBS AND 1 LINK TO A RELATED SITE...

Is something wrong with this picture or is just me?

Daedaluposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"the author is not generating any income from the links she posted"!!??
      Are they serious? It has Adsense, Ebay, Amazon and 6 Links to other sites of the same author!!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The "six links" being references are not affiliate or adsense linked, and they are to six different sites (no two to the same site).  I don't understand the confusion here.

2. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

oops what a mess, can't help but can sympathise

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

It means that the sites linked to are not hers and that she does not make money off being linked to them.

Sounds like the site you linked to was just a landing page.

link 1 - Hottest Tattoo Designs = The authors lens at SQUIDOO

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79

You know, I would not worry about what others do. Worry about your own hubs.

Also, her link is not selling a product exclusively. It offers some information and has the possibility of selling but it's not a landing page. That's all I can think it is.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

The tatto hun is in compliance, I don't see the problem.  If OP can;t see the difference that might explain their problem.

2. Daedalu profile image61

You missed the point.
      The point is subjective evaluation of our hubs.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not subjective. Obviously, it is a different case.

What type of site did you link to?

A site I thought had interesting info on the subject. Not even promotional much less mine.
          I would just prefer that this was a straightforward rule but I see so many hubs with much more then 2 links and wonder why...

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can have more than 2 links.  In fact, HubPages encourages you to link to other sites on the same topic. 

You just can't have more than 2 links TO THE SAME SITE.

It seems very odd that your Hub was moderated if you had only single links.  The only reason I can think of, is that the Hub wasn't original. 

Original doesn't just mean written by you.  If you've published it anywhere else on the internet before, it's no longer original.

2. psycheskinner profile image83

Indeed. I don't see why you are confused.  the rule is not more than one link the the same site. The flagged hub had two links to the same site. The other site you are talking about is irrelevant, it does not have two links to the aame site.  This is not complicated.

1. profile image0
              Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Two links to the same domain are usually allowed:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

1. relache profile image72
                relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

However, if the whole point of the Hub is to promote another site, even with only two links to another domain or less, your Hub might still be moderated by the admin team.  HubPages defines landing pages as spam.

5. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

When the boss speaks we had better listen.  HubPages has rules and as Hubber we must abide in them if we want to belong to HubPages and continue to enjoy the experience. I am happy that HubPages watches what we write about. Go HubPages.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79

They posted the rules in the email they sent you.  Obviously your hub violated one of them.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Susan, looks like you are just wasting your time here. smile

Wow, thanks...

1. profile image0

Still, something is missing from the picture. Seems like we have only seen parts of the correspondence with the HubPages team. Suddenly, they cleared your hub? Did you change the hub first, or did you convince them they had made a mistake?

Just did what they told me and wiped every link out.

7. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I would suggest using links to 'authoritative' sites wink rather than ones selling something :-/ just some thoughts. smile don't give up yet.

8. Teresa Schultz profile image66
    Teresa Schultzposted 13 years ago

Also trying to get a new post published and can't see what's wrong with it.  Now, if I'm never told what's wrong with it, and I try taking out all links or whatevert I think might be the problem (although can't see any problem), and I click "publish" and it doesn't publish, how do I know that the changes I've made have been noted yet?  Because if I can still not publish it after making changes, then I need to try make other changes, but what if the ones I had just made were fine?

Is it best to make a few changes, then wait three days and try publish it, then, if that does not work, make another few changes (although I have no clue what to change when nothing seems wrong), then wait three days and try publish that, etc etc?

I'm really sad as joined less than a week ago, and was really enjoying it here.

1. profile image0

You may be experiencing a simple technical problem, this may not be related to the quality of the hub. Unless you have been receiving warnings or notices from HubPages, you may want to try a different browser. But if you have been receiving notices/warnings, these should first be addressed.

2. surf traveler profile image77
      surf travelerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Teresa,
      I looked at one of your hubs just now, and can't see why you would have a problem with publishing it. I saw just one possible self-serving link and you're allowed two.
      One thing comes to mind; How long is the hub you are trying to publish? Perhaps it's just too short. Try for a minimum of 500 and have some photo's or video's as well.
      I'm learning a lot from the community in hubpages, the hub knowledge forum has provided me with many valuable SEO links.
      Hang in there, maybe go through the Hub help forum to see what the problem might be.

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Links in your page will not cause a hub to not publish. When I have not been able to publish it was because I was not done editing my work so I didn't click on that button before I hit published which caused a split second delay on posting.

Just like WE also said it could be your browser, don't give up and it is always grea to ask questions. smile

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

give it some time.
    it takes some time to review and learn the site and TOS. If you haven't already done so, read through HubPages FAQ and the Learning Center (bottom of every page). 
    The key is writing hubs that will keep people on your page, or on the HP site. It's fine to have some informational links to other sources, but I noticed with one of your hubs, you have a number of links to other sites in your text. You can easily list links of other places that you write and have work on your profile page. 

btw, welcome and hang in there, you'll enjoy it here. it's a great place to write and publish. smile

10. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Links should be to sites that would provide useful and additional information.  It should compliment to the information in the hub. The link should not be to a primarily profit motive site

11. Teresa Schultz profile image66
    Teresa Schultzposted 13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the tips and welcome.  That hub I was trying to publish that just wouldn't go through, I was able publish it about 3 or 4 hours later.  I think I did eamil HubPages about it too, and a few days later I got a "we apologise for the inconvenience" and that hubs should go through easily, and all hubs HAVE been going through easily now.

1. AuthorSteve profile image61
      AuthorSteveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe your hub was just flagged by some kind of filter and the e-mail was being send to you automatically?! I´m not sure on this, but as you said you have recieved an "we apologise.. etc.) e-mail I think it was automated...

1. profile image0

Further information is available here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1108938

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)