An "Instant" Hub Challenge... Up For It?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Hub Writers,

Come join the fun.... Instant Hub Challenge Time!

(a) write a one hub in 30 minutes(cannot be one already written)
    (b) write about any topic(except poetry-too short(easy))
    (c) hit publish

I'll read it and comment....

Would like 5 total(4 including myself).

(d) edit at a later time.

Come get your juices flowing.... lol lol

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Hey there Cagsil. Are you adding some new caveats since the last time? None already written (cheating, you mean), no poetry?

Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Poetry is too small. It takes what 5 minutes to write a poetry hub. Come on, get real. As for not written already is because it is suppose to be INSTANT not posting something you have waiting to publish or barely need to finish.

Where is the creativity in that?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No creativity whatsoever, I'd have to agree.

The "instant" part is all about consciously fluid writing. wink smile

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Touché

4. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

So are you two pansies playing or what? Gotta start in next 5 minutes though.

Hey Spacey, I cannot start in the next 5 minutes, unless I have more people taking part.... smile

I could start at 5 pm (EST), providing enough people. smile

5. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

Hey Cags, not taking part but felt I should point out that "5 total" is not 4 including you ... it's 5 including you. It's 4 excluding you!

Thank you for correcting my mistake Jen. smile

1. jenblacksheep profile image68
        jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a problem big_smile

I'm the Friendly Neighbourhood Grammar Control!

2. profile image0

Why would he want to exclude himself? He is excluding himself from being included in the number 4, is what it means).

It was poor wording on my part. wink

6. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Sorry W.E. I was only being playful - not meaning to offend.

Is 5pm EST in one hour? I really haven't figured out this time difference. I haven't got the stamina to stay up that late - so it is me that is the pansy smile

I hope you find enough challengers. I should probably stop churning out fast trashy crap and turn my attention back to my Masterplan anyway - Cagsil, you have taught me so much, like how to do funky smilies wink but I'm also blaming you for my total lack of focus smile

No, It is right now. It is 5pm right this second.

The choice is yours, if you feel it's hampering your focus, then do not take part. wink lol

2. profile image0

Now that you mention pansies, I have already been in one of these contests about a week ago. How about you?

Actually Spacey started a little late on the last challenge and finished 40 minutes later. smile

1. Spacey Gracey profile image40
          Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil - you must like me stalking you wink otherwisde you wouldn't keep being so kind to me smile

And I started the last challenge late - and finished even later - if you knew me in real life, that is soooo me.

Stalking you? No. I am usually kind. wink

But, at least you finished and have a new hub. That's all that matters. wink lol

7. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Hey Jen - never ever look at my hubs, or forum posts - my grammar is pants!

That's appalling for someone on a writing website!

8. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I know - I've filed it under 'must try harder'.

Haha, I'm glad to hear that. You've only been here 2 months and you already have over 100 hubs. How do you manage that?

Lots of writing. lol lol

9. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Nope - I'm wimping out - you lot are way too feisty for me tonight. Laptop also running out of juice and cannot be bothered to get up and get the charger smile

Will check thread in the morning so I can have a read of your new hubs. I love reading what you can do in 30 minutes.

10. Spacey Gracey profile image40

I type fast - and they really do not represent what I plan on doing. I just learn better by doing. So I read about different techniques of keyword research and tried them out - mixed in some different ways of doing backlinking - just did a few cheeky random hubs. I wanted to have a large number to fiddle about with while I am learning. Want to start at it properly in Sept when youngest sprog starts preschool 5 days a week. Until then just messing about, learning and reading. And watching every single Amazon sale with great excitement.

I haven't sold anything on Amazon since Christmas sad I found some really expensive things from Amazon to put on my hubs today. Will be mega excited if they sell.

Spacey, I just noticed that you're from Essex. I grew up in Essex, only moved away a few months ago.

11. Tenerife Islander profile image68
    Tenerife Islanderposted 13 years ago

Yes, I am up for it as I was just about to do another hub but hadn't decided what on yet! OK, I have just thought of what I am going to do and it will be ready within the next 30 minutes!

You have to start when everyone else starts. You cannot start before hand. wink

When I have 5 people in all, then we will pick a time to start, and we'll start. smile

12. Spacey Gracey profile image40

Nope - I was saying I was stalking you, not the other way round. Although I don't mind if you wanna stalk me. I am terribly shallow and vain so a HP stalker would be wonderful thanks.

Anyway - I should've just taken the challenge instead of chatting on this forum!

Good luck - gonna check up the hubs in the morning.

You stalking me? yikes tongue

You go get some sleep.. lol Read tomorrow.. lol

13. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

Can't work out whether we're still open for business on this one.  It's 10.30pm in the UK so I am a bit muddle headed.  Anyway, I haven't written anything to day - so I'd like to join  in if you run it.

Cool Precious....nice to see you again. smile Hope you're alright. lol

1. profile image0
        Precious Williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cagsil.  I'm fine thanks.  Hope you're okay.  Someone must be lurking tonight/this morning/afternoon somewhere!

I am doing good enough to be doing a challenge. smile So, that must be a good thing. lol lol And, yes there are always people lurking about. smile

14. Cagsil profile image71

Okay, so who is IN on this?

Precious - Yes
    Myself - Yes
    Website Examiner - ?
    Spacey Gracey - ? Still here?
    Tenerife Islander - Might already be writing???? Hope not. yikes

Anyone else?

15. Cagsil profile image71

SHADESBREATH.....I know you're lurking about.....come on yikes hmm

16. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

tongue

What's up Mrs. Ohma? lol smile

17. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

The sky. Taxes. Gas Prices. big_smile

And you put a smiley face on it, meaning you're happy with it? roll yikes sad

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The topic today seems to be smart ass hubbers I was happy to finally find something I can be relatively good at.

Good to know. I'll have to remember that, not that I didn't already know, just forgot. lol lol lol lol lol

18. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

short term memory loos is a sure sine of senility. (or to many drugs)

I think you're doing too many drugs. lol

1. Ohma profile image59

Not a one today not even an aspirin! yikes tongue

Oh, so your detoxing because of the lack of drugs. I get it now. tongue yikes

1. Ohma profile image59

lol lol lol

Figured you would find that funny. lol lol

19. Tenerife Islander profile image68

OK, mine is done and published! How's that?

Well, at least you wrote a new hub. Congrats.

Unfortunately, you don't follow rules too well. Glad you have a new hub though. wink

20. Cagsil profile image71

Oh well, I guess it is time to let this thread die. It has been over 110 minutes and apparently not enough people to take part.

Have a great day people. hmm yikes

21. Tenerife Islander profile image68

Damn! I thought I had better get on with it and was bearing in mind it had to be done in 30 minutes so instead of checking back to see anything further regarding rules I got cracking!

22. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Hey Cags....you still interested in doing this!

It's only 6am here in my part of the world but I'm keen if there are a few others around.  I missed your call yesterday (night here) because I was working. 

Anyway....I'm a starter - keen to kick my brain into gear on this lovely morning!

23. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Cagsil: Just a couple of little questions - Didn't you post the same forum topic with the same title yesterday?  How were you able to get today's time stamp on it (with the same title)?  Is it an altogether new forum that you were able to give the same name as yesterday's?

Do you provide the topic or is it open topic?  I'm not up for this just yet, but maybe in the future.

I have been wondering if you take into account the time zones of the world when you post these challenges; but after struggling with a world time-zone map for awhile, I think you probably have!  Have you ever asked those people who are interested in this challenge to tell you what time in GMT would work best for them?

Not the same title, but for the same reason.
      Did you read the beginning of this thread?
      No, time is irrelevant. Those who want to take part when one is posted takes part. Those who are not on at the time, should not feel as though they missed something.

It's a simple 30 minute challenge and not everyone can write a hub in 30 minutes, so regardless one would have to figure out if they could do it, before they try to do it for the first time.

Anyone can start a thread of their own about it, if they so choose, if they feel inspired to write that badly? I mean, where is the creativity one is to have. I understand the time zone difference and I shouldn't feel bad because people cannot take part. Those who are online at the time, can choose whether or not, they choose to take part. If not, their loss.

It's all about the consciously fluid results that come from doing it. smile

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right - their loss.  And maybe it's something I can try on my own, so that I can experience the "consciously fluid results that come from doing it."  I guess I have felt bad on your behalf because I think it's a terrific idea, and I've been sorry that in the times I've seen it posted there have seemed to be so few takers.  But I think maybe you have posted it more often than I have seen, and since you don't feel bad I guess I won't either.  Cheers.

Cheers. smile

24. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Hello Cags
    I didn't get a response from this this morning when I said I was keen to participate.  Then I lost the power and 6 hours later I have power again!   

Sounds as though you didn't have any more starters so I'll look out for it next time.

BTW - I don't understand some of the negative comments in this thread!!!  You are doing a great job and as you say - if we're around and have the time we can give it a go!

25. Cagsil profile image71

Hey Travelespresso, Thank you for the kind words and I'm sorry we were unable to get a chance to do one. I had a thought rattling around in my head most of the day and finally put it into a hub.

I have not published it, but I do plan on it. Since it wasn't part of the challenge, I don't have to publish it right away. lol

Some people have the courage do it on the spot and then make adjustments later. I guess that is what is being missed on it to begin with.

At least there would be a new hub made. It might even be fun for some, but unless they try it once at least, they will never know.

I'll catch up with you some other time. It would be a pleasure. I'm turning in for tonight. You take care and try to have fun. smile

1. travelespresso profile image69
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nite nite!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)