Weird subject. If you were a vampire.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I recently saw the movie Twilight, which I didn't think was very good. Well, after seeing it, I began to wonder what I would do If Vampires existed, and if I became one. What would I do?

I do like the idea of Twilight, where the vampire can be out during the daylight, but what kind of vampire would I be? I would think that I would be a good vampire. I wouldn't want to kill anyone, or anything for that matter. So what would happen to me? can a vampire starve to death?

Also, I wouldn't want to be a lonely vampire. I would want to have companionship, maybe even a partner. But, could I befriend a vampire knowing that they might not be as nice as me?

And, what about non-vampires. I don't think I could stand not being social with real people. Go to places I enjoy, and do things I enjoy, eat the food that I enjoy. It would certainly be a huge life-change. I wonder if I would even want to exist.

We Know it is pretty much fiction. But, what would you do? What kind of Vampire would you be?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you a vegetarian now?  It's my understanding that most "bad" vampires in popular fiction think about feeding the same way we do.  They look at people the way that we look at cows, or pigs, or chickens.  We make them the bad guys in our books, but somehow we don't see anything wrong with our own thinking.

brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat, but, I would not want to kill the animal that I am eating. I think if I were around during the days when people had to hunt to survive, I probably wouldn't have lived very long.
        Or, I would have been the bitch of a good provider. LOL!!

But, I also could have been a good farmer. Maybe I might even have liked to eat vegetables. Our society is so hooked on ready made food, i wonder what would happend if it was all suddenly taken away. I think a lot of people would starve to death.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, even Dracula talked about being lonely and unable to rest in Bram Stoker's novel. (Can't lay my hands on the exact quote...something about it being nice to be truly dead.) Ol' Drac made himself some companions, too, though most of us look on them as mere minions (those three vamp women that Mr. Harker encounters, Lucy W., and even Renfield might qualify.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

As a vampire you could get blood from blood banks or slaughter houses and not have to kill anyone smile

I would like the strength of a vampire...

or just go into the 24 hour market and suck on a pack of fresh beef. MMMM. Some of those things are loaded with blood.

3. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Maybe vampires don't get lonely?

If can think about being lonely now, I'm sure I can think about it as a vampire. If you have seen Interview with a Vampire, (Which was a very good movie) The vampires were lonely, and one turned his victims into vampires so that he could have companionship. He even saved the little girl, so that his partner could have a friend, and later, the friend turned a poor woman into a vampire so the little girl vampire could have a mother again. It had a very sad ending.

But, I don't think I would want to live forever.

4. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

I know what I'd do, I'm writing a vampire novel. ;D

BTW--Twilight's only good with rifftrax. big_smile

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

LOL! lol

5. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Christoph Reilly has written a couple of vampire stories on here (both of which I shamelessly spoofed), and I think there are other vampire things here and there about HP.  You'd be surprised how many folks are interested in the subject. 

(Twightlight the movie was actually more awful than the book, which, prior to seeing it, I would have thought absolutely impossible to do.)

6. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I think I'd have to kill myself if I were a vampire.  It's all so unpleasant, and I like my salads and cheese too much.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go to the amusement park. I guess, according to the twilight movie, I would walk around with a happy glow and sparkle in the light.  Make the lines for the rides really short!

2. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How? eat garlic, go sun bathing?

The good vampires in twilight drink animal blood anyway, like uninvited writer said

1. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess I'd kill myself by accident.

7. Wendy Krick profile image65
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I would miss sweets to much to be a vampire. Although the idea of being able to sparkle in the sunlight sounds pretty cool.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Put on some body glitter. Done.

smile

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I've been reading a lot of vampire fiction lately and my favorite books in the genre are now Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series. The vampires - even the good ones - still refer to their blood donors as food. They even have pomme de sangs, which are their regular donors, which they treat much like courtesans.

This series is interesting because it describes a United States legal system, where people are not the strongest beings in it and where we have given legal status to beings such as vampires and werewolves, many of which consider us just food. In one of the books a 1,000 year old vampire wanted to do away with St. Louis, because he wanted vampirsm to become illegal again. His fear was the growing number of vampires would soon turn all of the humans into vampires - and then who would be the food!

9. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 13 years ago

If I were a carpenter and you were a lady.....

10. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

that was clever.
    a vegan vampire -now that's a twist.
    anthocyanin diet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthocyanin including blood wine.
    also recently heard of a vampire energy drink or something.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
      GeneriqueMediaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, one of my novels involves teen vampires. And some cross over. I don't have the most pertinent work up right now (due to revision) but, I'll be bad and drop this here.

Twilight sucks, as far as I can gather, but makes great fodder for Rifftrax.

Observe.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)