Have any of you been discovered by those you write about.

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (54 posts)
  1. Internetwriter62 profile image75
    Internetwriter62posted 13 years ago

I wrote a hub on a documentary I saw recently, I was really excited the other day, when on Twitter the makers of the documentary became a follower of mine on Twitter and they like my article. I would like to know has that happen to any of you, if it has, please I would love to hear about your experience. Brag all you want, I want all the details.

1. LeonJane profile image73
      LeonJaneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

congrats Internetwriter62

Internetwriter62posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Leon Jane.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure, I became about as popular as Michael Moore. lol

3. DenverPhotography profile image61
      DenverPhotographyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Internetwriter62!  That is quite a compliment to both you and your hub.

2. Jai Warren profile image71
    Jai Warrenposted 13 years ago

Isn't that cool! Last year, I wrote a Hub about Livestrong, Lance Armstrong's Cancer Foundation and how Drew Carey would donate $1 for every Twitter follower he and Livestrong could accumulate to help Drew Olanoff (a cancer victim) up to $1 million dollars. Just a few days ago, he commented on the Hub. Thanking HubPages for our support. I was shocked!

Congratulations Jai,  that is really awesome.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Yes I wrote a hub about a very famous British person and ended up being posted 2 signed photos.

Congratulations Ryan. Is this person in the music business?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, a World Cup winning 1966 England soccer player wink

The most famous one as it happens!

Wow, a world cup winner, that is exiting. I don't know a lot about soccer. I know it is soccer season at this time, my dad watches it on TV. I wish I knew more.

2. Joy56 profile image69
          Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yahoo..... will done....

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I just published a hub last week about Alice Cooper. I'd be over the moon if HE contacted me!!

That is awesome Izzy, I really like some of Alice Cooper's songs very much. I hope he does contact you. If he does, please share, I would like to know what he thinks of your hub on him.

2. Joy56 profile image69

not much chance of that........

You never know, If Alice Cooper really happens to see her hub, he may respond. It has happened in the past. Celebrities do take interest in their fans.

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Congrats to each one of you!  I'm happy for you that you've been contacted by these people. Very exciting and commendable!

Thank you Aficionada. I appreciate your kind words. It really exiting to know that the hubs written here are truly reaching people.

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
        MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How good is it to know that Hubpages really gets out there. Well done Internetwriter! My hubs are read by the Autism foundation I support, does that count?

That is awesome!  MPG Narratives, you bet it counts. I think it is wonderful that you support a good cause, that is helping people with autism and that you are increasing people's awareness about autism. Congratulations!  I'm glad they read your hub.

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
            MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Yes it makes me feel good as 3 people close to me are affected by the condition so I hope my raising awareness helps others as well.

6. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I'd be too uncomfortable to write about other people for that very reason.  I'm not brave enough.   hmm  I think the only person I've written about has been dead for ages.   lol

I understand, although one does feel good, knowing that what we write does touch others. I bet if someone you have admired for a long time writes back to you would be thrilled. Then again if they're dead, that's scary.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh..  I think it's really nice for you (or anyone who has something like that happen), and I understand why anyone would feel complimented (as you noted, though - as long as they were alive  smile ).  I just have a "shyness thing" when it comes to some things.  If I didn't write about them and they contact me, I'd be delighted.  If I wrote about them, I'd have the "shyness" thing about the fact that I did.  hmm  I've overcome most of it - but there's a little residual "issue" I've never been able to overcome.  (As a result, I'm careful to write about stuff that will allow me to remain anonymously invisible.  (What an attitude for a writer, eh?  lol  )  (I know I'm the one with the problem, though.  I didn't want my post to come across in any way as trying to detract from what a nice thing this is for you. )  (Sometimes I'm a little too quick with the instinctive/automatic response for anyone's good.  Sorry.  hmm)

Hi Lisa,
          I understand being shy. I'm shy myself. When I was younger I was afraid to write fan mail because of my shyness, like  if my favorite musician had time to acknowledge my existence. Even today,  I have trouble doing comments sometimes, I'm afraid others might misunderstand me.
          I think you write very well and whoever you write about, (I'm not talking about the dead only the living) would be thrilled if you did an article on them. I write about service celebrities and I haven't heard from any of them. The closest I got to getting feedback is that follower on Twitter, which is a small victory. Believe me, I understand what you mean. Now if Edgar Allen Poe contacts you, well again, that's scary.

7. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

Yes I have written about a couple who wrote several work at home books and I did a review on their books and they left me a comment thanking me and they gave me the address of their new website. It was really cool, because I have admired them for so long.

Hi Research Analyst,
      Isn't it wonderful when someone you admire leaves you a nice comment and thank you for doing a wonderful job of writing about them. I'm very happy for you. Now they also have a chance to admire your work as well.

8. Pearldiver profile image65
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

It's not so great sad
    Last year I wrote about my ex-wife and got my butt sued lol

1. brethodge profile image41
      brethodgeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the kind of stories I thought I would see more of on here! Not so many positive (which are great - just not as funny!!)

2. Internetwriter62 profile image75

I guess it depends on the subject of your hub. Exes are not exactly big on publicity. I'm sorry that happened to you. On the other hand you might find a more grateful subject for your next hub.

9. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

I've been discovered. Often begrudgingly. For instance, Otep (the band) as well as Collective Soul (another band) mysteriously began following me on Twitter some months ago because I used their YouTube vids in Hubs of mine.

Nothing to write home about, but it is odd all the same.

1. Joy56 profile image69

that is pretty cool i am impressed..............  I wonder if everyone who writes about Spiritism gets contacted in the wee hours of the morning, by someone either priviously famous or infamous..... Nice to know hub pages is noticed, by the bands around....

1. lxxy profile image60
        lxxyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been. Although, to call my stuff purely spiritual would put shame to others who are much more less entwined with makeup.

Just some guy, though, who was a motivational speaker / life coach.

It's all in the tagging. smile

Hi Joy56,
        I think if someone contacted me at the wee hours of the morning, I would find that rather scary. I guess it would make an interesting hub though.

Hi lxxy,
      I think it's definitely something to write home about. That means those bands liked your hub and genuinely want to hear more you .  I think that's awesome.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's awesome when that happens! hey, yoko ono follows me on twitter! she must have liked my profile because I said I was interested in everything except celebrity's sex lives! lol

internet writer, that's great that they're following you! I like the way small things can turn into such amazing opportunities.

Wow, that is really great. Yoko is a very interesting woman. Maybe she might share some tidbits on John Lennon. That would make interesting hub. If she posts it on Twitter it's already out in the public.  BTW, I'm not very interested in celebrity sex lives either. I think there too much of that on the air waves as it is.

10. bat115 profile image78
    bat115posted 13 years ago

I don't know if this counts but I wrote a hub about an Annette Funicello LP produced by Legendary KROQ DJ Rodney Bingenheimer that his people replied to and he mentioned it on his program apparently.

Yes it counts, it means they read your hub and liked it. Congratulations on being on the airwaves.

11. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Teeee-heee!!!  Laugh laugh....tee-hee.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(Hope not!)

Hi Donotfear,
        Did you find my Edgar Allen Poe comment funny?

12. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I've had contacts from a musician I wrote about and he also friended me on youtube. I've heard from an artist whom I had asked if I could use one of her images and the site owner of a famous Paris website that I've linked a couple of my hubs to. I would love to hear from the composer I wrote about!! big_smile  maybe one day, you never know! it is exciting when it happens. The Paris writer sends me visitors.

You bet it is exiting. Congratulations! I hope the Paris writer does send you visitors soon. Which I'm sure he will when he reads your work.

13. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Yep. One of my restaurant reviews was read by someone affiliated with the restaurant on twitter and said somethign to me

Congratulations.  For a restaurant, I believe a good review is paramount. They are very blessed to have an outstanding writer, like yourself take interest in them. They must have fabulous food.

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Although it wasn't exactly positive, it wasn't bad either - someone whose houses I wrote about in my Fantasy Homes series found the hub and set me straight on a couple things I was reporting on.  A bit embarrassing but not terrible, since I had the info (about Straw Bale construction) mostly right but it was outdated info and he did like the hub, I think. I think he mainly wanted to let me know he had read it and appreciated the publicity.  I know that others I was writing about have read these Fantasy Homes hubs and commented to me in other places.  Also he follows me on twitter - his name is Andrew Morrison.

I was a bit dissapointed when I asked Ottmar Liebert for permission to use his songs in my hub about him and he gave permission but never commented on the finished product, so I don't know whether he has seen/read it even though I emailed the link to him.  Busy man, I know.

Congratulations on the Fantasy Homes Reply, I'm glad he's your follower on Twitter also.
      As to Ottmar Liebert, I published a hub on two musicians, one replied after I published it, I'm still waiting for the other musician to reply. Usually musicians are busy and are not around computers a lot. So you never know, one day you will get your email from him, letting you know how much he likes the article and publicity you are giving his music.

15. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

That's pretty cool OP. You must feel nice.

16. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

A Rep of one company showed up to defend their company after I wrote a negative review - I didnt publish the comment though smile (probably just a PR intern with a form letter)

Recently, the creator of a very high profile product commented and emailed me thanking me and giving me some behind the scenes info!

Another time an artist contacted me informing me he had the perfect ebay item to complement my article - and he was right!

Wow that is really fantastic sunforged! The artist and the creator saw what a fantastic writer you are and were happy you liked their products and found you reviews were really good for business. Your writing touches a lot people. Your writing has also touched me. When I was starting, just a newbie,  I read a few of your hubs and they really helped me tremendously.  I just want to thank you for writing on how to make money with adsense it really made me see things more clearly. You have a gift for explaining things. Thanks for some really great hubs.

17. Internetwriter62 profile image75
    Internetwriter62posted 13 years ago

I was so exited today because a famous food critic that has a very popular TV program is now following me on Twitter. Wow I wrote that hub months ago and I'm really exited because his show is a favorite of mine, this for me is a great honor.

I am also happy because I wrote another hub about high school girls and the pressures of being bullied. The association for making people aware of this issue and protecting the rights of students against bullying is also following me on Twitter. I am very honored because I realize that in some small way I can  make a difference.

It's exiting to see that our hubs do make a difference and that they are being read by many, including the people we are supporting with our work. This makes my Hub Pages experience even more fulfilling. Thank you Hub Pages for some great opportunities to reach others.

18. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

This past week, I was discovered by the wife of a country star I had included in a hub over a year ago.  I started a thread about my situation, because I think it's important to remember how you never know who may read your hubs and things take off in completely different directions for you.  It's exciting.

This is the related forum thread:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/47937

19. M.s Fowler profile image43
    M.s Fowlerposted 13 years ago

Good job keep up the great work!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)