A thoughtful analysis of the border situation in Arizona

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You surely mean that the article is the thoughtless rant.

The whole point of securing the border is that NO ONE enters illegally.   And Ron, whether they're drug smugglers or just of illegal status, it's still....um.....ILLEGAL entry.

The best solution would be for the Federal Government to take all those cushy "czar" positions and re-locate them to the Border.  Heck, it would even give Joe Biden a chance to actually earn his pay.   And even Obama!  Hey, let HIM go patrol the border and earn a little bit of his paycheck.

2. Doug Hughes profile image59
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glenn Beck can read?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

It used to be the Puerto Ricans who were scapegoats, now it's the Mexicans.

Why don't you go guard the border yourself Brenda keep those nasty aliens out?

You really should try and understand why people enter another country illegally. Did you know that before Ellis Island opened people routinely illegally entered the US from Europe? Many of there descendants are still here.

Yes, they should go the legal route but I assume that those who are not drug dealers, etc. are desperate to make a better life for their families. Every country in the world has some illegal aliens. Think of the American's who are hiding out there after committing crimes because they can't be extradited.

1. profile image0

Tell me something, UW,  if you know, since I've never traveled out of the country......How does one obtain a visa or other authorization to go from one country to another?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, all I need is a passport to visit the US (which cost about $85) and most of the world. Some countries expect you to get a visa first (usually around $25).

And TM, you only want to stop Hispanic illegal aliens, the rest are free to come and go as they please?

1. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No... UW.

Every post I have made I have made it clear all must go. So don't sling that BS at me. You and all here have read it from me a thousand times. I don't care what color or accent you have... if your here illegally... your gone.

And what does our immigration policy matter to you. You do not live here... worry about your own countries problems and borders.

It just amazes me how many people who don't have a dog in this fight want to shove thier nose in it. You foriegners do not get to dictate our laws and policy to us, especially if your illegally here to begin with.

3. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Oh well then that settle it all... we'll just do nothing then.

Right...

Just more BS about how impossible it all is. We have the technology and the manpower to secure that border.

And as we count the deportation, cause we ain't givin em amnesty no more, we will count the total and account for a scale to measure sucess by.

Not attempting to stop any... Abysmal failure.

Stopping none... failure.

Stopping some... a good start.

See how that works.

As Barrak said..."Adios Amigos!".

]

1. Doug Hughes profile image59

T-party MMason writes -

"Oh well then that settle it all... we'll just do nothing then."

And unfotunately hits the nail on the head.  The US Justice department IS going to move against the AZ law.   And they will move against the proposed law which would deny citizenship to children  born in the US if their parents can't prove they are legal. That Constitutional thingie.

I would guess that the Executive branch will slap down the teabagger  discriminatory laws. In November, the objective read is that the democrats will lose seats in the House and Senate but maintain contol of both houses. However, there won't be the votes to pass any significant immigration reform until after 2012. 

So TMMason has it right for once. We are going to do nothing for a minimum of three years. Then, with any luck, there will be the momentum to pass comprehensive reform. That doesn't mean liberals will get everything they want. But the fascists who want to establish an anti-hispanic gestapo won't get their way, either. It will be a sane compromise, which means everyone will be a little unhappy, but we will finally adress the problem - instead of neglecting the issue.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Such thoughtful responses roll

About what I expected.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Hey geniuses, next time you regurgitate the "they're all illegal" drivel, remember that Washington, Jefferson et al founded this nation by committing treason against the legal authorities.

Take an aspirin in advance, you'll need it.

1. profile image0

Hey Ron, those "legal authorities" were....ahem....tyrants.   And those freedom fighters migrated to a country where there was plenty of room for them, not to a crowded place where they were taking away the jobs of others and spreading drug use, etc.
      (I know I know some people say the new Americans abused the Indians, etc.,  but ya gotta admit there WAS plenty of room for them all to have lived peaceably,  plenty of natural resources, plenty of water, plenty of everything except "tolerance" for new people.

So....even if Mexico is under tyranny (which I dunno, but even if)....why don't they uprise against that tyranny in their own nation themselves instead of, in effect, invading America and taking away jobs and resources from American citizens?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're Right.  It's not like this was ever part of Mexico anywa.....

Oh crap! 

So it was Ok that we broke the law to form our country, ok to break more laws by expanding the country, but not ok for others to break laws that keep us in .99 cent lettuce.

Who could possibly argue with your logic?

1. Sab Oh profile image55
          Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Logic? By your logic no country has the legitimate right to have and enforce border control laws.  Way stand up for 'logic'... roll

6. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

What I find ironic is that earlier when a post was up about U.S. Citizens being held in Iran for illegally entering that country there was a specific collection of hubbers posting there that suggested that Iran was perfectly with in their right to hold these people in custody BUT when someone suggests that the US has the very same right to secure it's boarders in the same way we are being tyrannical and unjust according to the same group. I was wondering if someone could please explain the difference to me?

1. profile image0

Were those hubbers U.S. citizens?
      If not, they should shut up and let America defend its sovreignty.
      If so, perhaps they were put to sleep by that soft light of peaceful tyranny that emanates from The White House.  wink  ..In which case, they should still shut up.  haha

7. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

i think we need to keep aneye to the north.  there are some pretty questionable singers, actors, and comedians creeping in from Canada?

1. Doug Hughes profile image59

You think we should only let skinhead neo-nazis in?

1. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did anyone on this thread say that?!

2. oscillationatend profile image61
      oscillationatendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Lewis Black... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgkZfrmiRh4

I've built an imaginary wall across Mexico, to keep the imaginary Mexicans from crossing it.

8. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Doug
    I was wondering if it was possible for you to reply to any post without all the name calling and derogatory crap. To tell the truth you remind me of a 3rd grade bully rather than some reasonably well informed adult.
    There are so many instances that you almost make sense but you add the name calling and hatefulness and any intelligent point you are trying to make is lost.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)