Who is the best ? Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)
  1. ironking profile image56
    ironkingposted 13 years ago

Who do you think is the best? The ( 1991-1992 ) Michael Jordan with  Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen as his backup or The ( 2009- 2010 ) Kobe Bryant with Pau Gasol and Dereck Fisher as his backup

1. Ben Evans profile image66
      Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think Kobe Bryant can even be named in the same sentence as Michael Jordon.

1. Derek D profile image59
        Derek Dposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Ben.
        I respect Michael Jordon so much more as a player and human being than Kobe Bryant.

My votes for MJ.....................................cool

2. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

Best at basketball? Larry Bird.

Best at selling stuff (and losing money gambling)? Jordan.

Best at getting away with rape? Bryant.

3. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

wtf barkley is way better at losing money gambling then jordan lol. O and magic is better then kobe

4. kingis profile image68
    kingisposted 13 years ago

I would pick Michael Jordan. The Chicago Bulls were a franchise with little to no identity in the NBA.  When Jordan entered the picture, he turned the franchise around.  It was not until Phil Jackson was the Head Coach and had the great supporting cast of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, John Paxson, Dennis Rodman, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, and other great role players to name a few, enhanced Jordan.  Jordan is a great player and ambassador to the game.  I do not think he is the best owner or executive but that happens.  Jordan is no doubt the best.

5. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 13 years ago

I'm going to have to say Jordan. He was clutch. Everyone knew that when the game was on the line, Jordan would get the ball...and he always delivered. I've never witnessed Kobe do that in the Finals...not once.

So really the big difference between the two players is this...Kobe is great but relies on his players to pick him up when he is down. Jordan is great but the team relied on him when the chips were down.

6. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Obviously Mike.

7. wavegirl22 profile image50
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

I liked Sabs' answer the best!~

8. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Kobe's not even in the same ballpark.  Michael was never a whiner or cry baby nor sought attention the way Kobe does.  One was an amazing, gracious athlete with incredible skills and respect for his team and the game.  Kobe is a spoiled child with talent.  No comparison!

9. profile image0
    DaMan92posted 13 years ago

Kobe is nothing compared to jordan. Michael jordan is like a basketball god or something

10. Roffi Grandiosa profile image61
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 13 years ago

jordan is number 23

while kobe is at 24

so jordan is better

11. jagbaza profile image60
    jagbazaposted 13 years ago

1stly I must say im a big Kobe fan......., and even i think Kobe's been the best player aftr MJ retired, i stil do think its a lil premature coz Kobe's just 31 and with 5 titles and 2 MVPs to MJ's 6 titles 6 MVP's. so im gonna giv it 3 more years 4 my boy kobe coz I think he can be d greatest ever. And u must remeber Kobe's is having it even thougher with defenders now adays dan Michael. players ear-marked to guard Kobe in games r bigger, some times heavier , a whole lot stronger n plenty of hands in the face not like just hands up bck in the 80s and 90s....................., Im just saying

12. jcales profile image53
    jcalesposted 13 years ago

Looking at Jordan over his 15 year career, Bryant doesn't come close to measuring up. Jordan won the Rookie of the Year Award, a Defensive Player of the Year Award, five MVP Awards, and six Finals MVP Awards.

Bryant's look like this: one MVP and two Finals MVPs.

For Bryant to even catch Jordan, he'd need a Rookie of the Year award (which of course he can't do), four more MVP awards, a Defensive Player of the Year award, and four more Finals MVP Awards.

Jordan "averaged" 32.5 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2.9 steals, while shooting 53.8 percent from the field, 27.6 percent from three, and 85 percent from the free throw line.

During Kobe's best year in the league he averaged 31.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, 5.4 assists, and 1.4 steals on 46.3 percent from the field, 34.4 percent from three, and 86.8 percent from the free throw line.

This should not even come up. It is silly and far from being close. And your boy, KB, will always be discounted considering he had MDE, Shaq for 3 of those. Scottie was not as dominant as Shaq. Factor in other X-factor players like Horry, Fish, Fox you'll see KB 1st 3-peat team was better than Jordan's team overall.

And don't get me started on MJ's Final stats.

MJ never needed a game 7 to win
    Lowest finals score by a team  58 - Jazz in 1998 against the Bulls - MJ
    2nd lowest finals score "  "   67  - Boston 2010 against LA – KB
    MJ would never let his team get blown out the way KBs did in 2008 by 39 points.

If KB gets 4 more finals MVPs I'll consider it but I think Gasol or even Bynum could lift that in the coming years more than KB. It just ain;t happening. Miami will get somebody down low and then they'll win next year.

C'mon jag, how can the defense nowadays be better than the 90s physical style and brawls. KB gets to play against the Suns or Spurs, that ain't liek the 90s Knicks, Heat et al.There weren't many touch fouls and certainly no flagrant woosy fouls be called.

I still like KB, he is beautiful to watch, probably the best offensive footwork and pivots I have ever seen.  I'd definitely take KB over MJ in 3 pt FGs but that is all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)