The Military Loathe Obama

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (94 posts)
  1. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

I've read comments on nearly every War Story and over and over and over... the citizens are ignorant, the media always sides with Obama, and the REAL HERO's those who put their lives on the line... repeatedly loath Obama and his War for Profit Agenda.

"I was stationed in the late 90's under Gen. McChrystal at Ft. Benning GA. He was the 75th Ranger Reg. Commander. If there is one thing I can tell you is that he is the closest thing to George Washington that we will ever see. I can speak for all of us that served under him that we would follow him into a deadly battle. I wouldn't follow Osama Obama anywhere. Just remember, When Gen. McChrystal speaks, the thousands of men that followed him listen too. Rangers Lead the way!"

And this is the guy Obama is going to fire for speaking up and telling it like it is.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry, but everyone serving supports the President, regardless of their political leanings. that is because, to them, he is their Commander In Chief.

please don't make sweeping generalizations about our loved ones serving in the military. thank you.

1. Valerie F profile image59
        Valerie Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Respect for the office of Commander in Chief should never be confused with approval of the job the person in that office does.

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Well of course, McChrystal showed the world what Obama and his admin are really like -- incompetent!!!

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Military types trend toward Conservative.  I'm sure they dislike all liberals.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Works out well that the feeling so often seems to be mutual.

4. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

It's not a liberal conservative issue... it's simply a money issue.  There is big money in War.

People like to think that liberals are somehow against making themselves filthy stinky rich.  They are not.  They are just more deceptive than "conservatives" who like to flaunt it in the open.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought liberals were "giving away our hard earned money to lazy folk."  And are "America haters"!  And since I live in Georgia, I am not surprised at the conservative spin put on anything in this state.  You can't sling a cat without hitting a member of the religious right!

What is the Libertarian idea of what our military should be?

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Waiting ... once again ... to see if Mike will answer a direct question.

2. bphee profile image55
        bpheeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Privatized.
        Pardon the pun.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image72
        Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"What is the Libertarian idea of what our military should be?"
        Practically nonexistent.

Real libertarians do not like the idea of standing armies and would  like to demobilize 90% of our armed forces, keeping only what is necessary to patrol our borders and keep them safe from actual invaders.

Of course, Conservatives (who are not libertarians, no matter how much they give lip service to Liberty) do not want to cut defense spending, and nobody (conservative or otherwise) who has a base in their state or district wants to do that either.

1. TMMason profile image61
          TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe all libertarians today would want the military dis-banded. They are realists also and see the need for a standing army in this day and age.

Only the suicidal left like San Fran's mayor gavin newsome is espousing that, these days.

I do not know of too many libertarians which call for that.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/uscivi … arians.htm

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Exactly:
            "Of course, Conservatives (who are not libertarians, no matter how much they give lip service to Liberty) do not want to cut defense spending, "

1. profile image57
              C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has nothing to do with it. Its the Millitary. You speak "out of turn" regarding your superiors in public...and your a General?  Yea, your done. Unless your superior is spineless....I guess there is a chance the "media" got it wrong too....

1. Bacall profile image60
                Bacallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama would not fire someone that is the best man for the job. He says that all the time. Most likely he will send the General back to Afghanistan with a Public Relations Officer.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
                  rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not so sure he is, but we'll find out tomorrow.

the article is worth a thorough read before forming an opinion.
                  http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne … how_page=0

in response to the title of this thread, another blanket statement which is not true.

2. profile image57

He already has a PAO....There is also two diplomats....There is more too this story than meets the eye. He's gone.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"It's the Millitary. You speak "out of turn" regarding your superiors in public...and your a General?  Yea, your done. Unless your superior is spineless."

Yup, that's my assessment as well.

"Has nothing to do with it."
                Yeah, that got a bit off-topic there. Sorry about that.

5. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

Some people in the military loathe Obama; some don't. 

How do you know Obama is going to fire McChrystal?  Do you have a plant inside the White House?

What McChrystal allowed to happen is a no-no, especially when soldiers are dying in Afghanistan.  It's up to his boss to decide if it's an offense great enough to be removed from the job.

1. profile image57

McCrystal is probably correct and completely out of order. If he doesn't get fired, Obama will be painted a paper tiger...unfit to lead. If he fires him, he makes a martyr, much like Olie North. This is what happens  when you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to train someone for a extremely difficult and peculiar job, only to second guess him/her. In this case with the ideas of those that are impracticle and baseless.

History will show, Obama was hated by the US Military....WE HATED CARTER TOO!LOL

1. profile image0

The "US Military" is not a single-minded entity.  It is made up of individuals who have their own thoughts and ideas.  To lump those individuals together and make assumptions about what they believe is insulting to them.

1. profile image57

LOL, thats funny......

1. profile image0

Really? Why?

1. profile image57

You wouldn't understand. It would be like playing chess with a cat. It proves nothing....and it annoys the cat.

1. profile image0

I see.  You have no way to explain yourself. 

News flash:  not everyone in the military loathes Obama.

1. profile image57

Of course not EVERYONE. I interpreted it as a generalization.....a little context and nuiance.....Get it? No...didn't think so....

Try using facts next time.  Then you don't have to avoid being questioned about your response.  Don't worry about it though, it's a typical conservative fault!

2. profile image0

On the contrary, I totally get it.  You're mischaracterizing "the military" to further you own point.  I hate it when people do that; it's a pet peeve of mine.  It was a skill honed to a fine art by the previous administration and used against those who disagreed with the invasion of Iraq.

Nice of you to continue the tradition of using "the military" to further an argument.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Sorry you are annoyed!  Side-stepping the question, obviously!

6. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

I believe most in the Military are smart enough to see Obama for what he is.

1. bphee profile image55

Commander-in-chief.

Yeah, that too.

That is why they grin and bear it with honor and dignity.

And I don't really lose much sleep over what you think, Randy. but yes the amusement aspect of it is mutual, you are a funny fellow.

The difference is, I can tell the difference between the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence!  Not important to you, as you have shown on these forums, but to those who reference their contents correctly it makes quite a difference.

But keep trying, you might get lucky and guess right once in a while!

1. profile image57

"The difference is, I can tell the difference between the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence! "

When the horse is dead....GET OFF!

2. TMMason profile image61

are you still way back there?...

Of course not!  But you are still confused!

I am no longer surprised at what you and KFC believe, TM!  Still amused by it, but not surprised at all!

7. Jeff Berndt profile image72
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

I wonder...are the mid-level officers still resigning in droves as they were under the last president?

"How do you know Obama is going to fire McChrystal?"
    Well, there's a precedent. It happened to MacArthur when he made certain comments during the Korean conflict...

And don't forget Patton's problems during WWII!  (My father fought under "Ole Blood and Guts)!

2. profile image0

Yes, I agree there is a precedent, and it wouldn't surprise me at all of Obama fires him.  But saying Obama is going to fire him is premature.

1. profile image57

Of course he's going to fire him..... or at least he should. What does it hurt Obama? Think it's going to cost him the Military vote?LOL What does it hurt McCrystal? They are only going to relieve him of command....not fire him in a literal sence. They are going to send him home. He will retire and become a hero.....Like MacArthur, Patton, North. Hell he might even run for public office!

8. profile image0
    woolman60posted 13 years ago

What are you saying a General speaks and you jump on the band wagon against the President, and the military "DOES NOT" loathe Obama. "GET YOUR STORY RIGHT".

Do a little research, the general is mad over strategy in Afghanistan and wants more troops and Obama said "NO", you want more troops over there then you run for president of the United States of America, which you seem to think you know how to run a country.

Lately, the neo-cons seem to be griping about Obama not bringing the troops home quick enough.  When Dubya was in office the same ones were against ending the Iraq war.  Now they are mad because Obama doesn't want to increase the number of troops?  Didn't they once like to use the words "flip-flop" describing a democrat?  LOL!

1. profile image0
        woolman60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is not a Democrat war this is a war started by the so called true Americans, known as Republicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break we did not start this war.

1. Valerie F profile image59
          Valerie Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, this war was started by Al Qaeda cells supported by the then-government of Afghanistan, not by any Americans, Republican or Democrat.

1. profile image57

Oh there you go throwing logic around....lol It's wasted.

9. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

He is mad cause his men are dying while Obama refuses to fight a real war. He has already said we are leaving. To keep our men there while the enemy knows we are cutting any day is retarded and a waste of American lives. This war is lost... we should cut and run already... we have already forfeited.

So you agree with Obama?

1. bphee profile image55

How would he know?

That is somewhat of a trick question.

I do not agree with the timeline or the ROEs, but he gives the orders and that is the order. So why are we staying there when there is no serious effort to win this war.

He quite... simply by ordering the with-drawment of forces by a specific date. you might as well have said just shoot at us till we leave... cause we are going.

And how did Dubya do any better?  "I am not concerned about Osama Bin Laden at this time"  Remember his denial of this statement?  It was proven he said it though!  Were you really impressed by his attempt to "get things done"?  Oh, I forgot, you are an independent and not favoring the right!  Sorry!

No I wasn't impressed with his attempts or his strategy in afganistan.

Have never stated I was randy.

If you want to know something just ask man... no need to be so snide about it.

So who did you think was the person who could have done a better job, TM?  McCain?  And if he croaked, then Palin?  Ron Paul?  surely not Obama?

1. profile image0

You have got to be kidding me, this is a trick question right, of course Obama is doing his best, or can you do better?

Sure it was a trick question!  I wanted to see who TM voted for!  But for some reason he neglected to mention this.  I am sure there was no better choice than Obama, considering the conservative nominee and his running mate.

None of the above... we don't get to choose the president... we choose between the two progressives they put up. Did you really think the last few elections were any real difference.

I would've liked to see someone like Romney if I had to have picked out of that bunch.

But again, it hasn't been our choice for years.

1. profile image0

No mattter how much anyone complains about Obama, America has spoken and he is our president for better or worse, just as George Bush was, or who ever the next President will be. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

So you didn't vote for McCain/Palin?

1. profile image0

No way, anything to do with Palin no thank you.

10. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I still wonder what this is supposed to mean.

If the military does hate Obama does that mean I should apologize for my vote and hang my head in shame?

The vote was close.  We can say that 20% or more are fools who really shouldn't be voting at all, and we could argue about which side has  the larger number of ignorami, but no matter how we slice it, we have to accept that there are a large number of reasonably intelligent people who - gasp! - look at the same facts and come to different conclusions.

Given that, should we be hating anyone over political differences?

it just alienates a voting block... most times the military goes heavily conservative anyways. So I doubt he cares.

11. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Well, the troops should really hate Romney! He's the one who was asked why none of his 5 sons had signed up to fight in Iraq, since he was such an ardent supporter of the "war".
    He said, "They are serving their country by helping me get elected.".....

And I guess we forget easy...it was McCrystal who lied and covered up about Tillman's death. He didn't want to the military and Bush to look bad, remember? SCUMBAG! imo

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I think he resigned.

1. profile image0

Gen. Stanley McChrystal is prepared to submit his resignation at a meeting with Obama on Wednesday at the White House, two military officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

2. bphee profile image55

Who?  TMM?

13. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I frankly think that McChrystal wants to be relieved of his duty.  It's the only way not to deal with these dunderheads known as the Obama Regime.

1. profile image57

I agree.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Maybe so, but if that's the case, the gentlemanly thing to do is to resign his commission.

That's what a lot of officers did during the previous administration.

1. profile image57

I wouldn't compare the resignation of a junior to mid grade officer to that of a flag. There are statigic benefits to causing a "stink" so to speak.
        During all wars there is an increase in desertion and resignation. The problem gets worse after 24 months. There are many contributing factors. For instance a unit operating out of its area of expertise. Example and expeditionary force serving as an occupying force. They get bore, disgruntled.....

The mid-grade officer resignations more than likely has to do with rediculous ROE's. These ROE's have not gotten better with Obama.

ROEs?

You're going to have to explain the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) to us civilians if you want us to grok (understand). smile

1. profile image57

Sorry, ROE = Rules of Engagement. These are the guidlines under which you are allowed to engage the enenmy.

Gotcha, thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)