are peope really afraid of god or afraid of what god will do to them?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (146 posts)
  1. kamy marcum profile image56
    kamy marcumposted 13 years ago

Most people are affraid of god cause they dont know him .and they are scared of him cause the cant see im ,but thats not true ,you can see him everywhere no matter what and here is some thing to prove it."one night i dreamed i was walken along the beach with the lord .many scenes fromo my life flashed across the sky.in each scene i noticed footprints in the sand .sometimes there were two sets of footprints in the sand,other times there were one set of footprints.this bothered me because i noticed that during the low periods of my life ,when i was suffering from anguish ,sorrow or defeat ,i could see only one set of footprints.so i said to the lord,"you promised me lord that if i followed you ,you would walk with me always.but i have noticed that during the most tryen periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand .Why, when i needed you the most , you have not been there for me?" the lord replied ,"the times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when i carried you" this is another reason to beleive in god .cause he will carry you through the tuff times.

1. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your dreams are proof of god?

Some are not afraid of your god because your god is little more than words in a book written a long time ago by people who believed lightning, thunder, wind, etc. were gods.

1. www.lookseenow profile image60
        www.lookseenowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What people, Daniel, Ezekial, Jeremiah, and Jonah did not belive, nor did they write that thunder and lightning were gods.  Ezekia, in fact saw in vision God riding in his celestial chariot.

2. profile image0
        Elliott_Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, please check your facts. The authors of the generally accepted Canon of Scripture, 66 books by 40 different authors, were not pagans who worshipped the sun, moon, or weather. The Bible actually teaches us just the opposite. Now if you don't believe the Bible, that's your prerogative, but don't spout off unfounded criticisms of a book you obviously haven't bothered to read.

Speaking of checking the facts, did you not know there were no books as the printing press was not invented yet. Did you also not know people in that day and age did not understand what lightning and thunder were but instead believed it to be gods?

LOL! smile

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/SyllaRa/Icons%20and%20Sigs/nonsense.jpg

3. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

are we to fear God?  has any one looked up the hebrew or greek word  that was used and found out exactly what the word actually means. king james' people did not allways use the beat word to use,
      for example look up the greek word that was used to write about the golden street in heaven, should they have used the word street?
      look up the greek word for mansions,

1. www.lookseenow profile image60
        www.lookseenowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(Proverbs 1:7) The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge. Wisdom and discipline are what mere fools have despised. The fear of God is healthful; it is an awe and a profound reverence for the Creator and a wholesome dread of displeasing him.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so you state he was carrying you through the wort times. well if he was carrying you , why could you not feel his love ? using a dream as a way of believing in something sort of supports that idea that god is all in peoples heads i would say.

5. One Body profile image61
      One Bodyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To fear God in hebrew means to reverance Him above all others. God is not evil I John 1:5 states:

1Jo 1:5  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Only man and the prince of darkness bring darness.

6. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Afraid of God? I think not, people are more scary

7. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is something really magical about the whole footprints thing. I am a spiritual teacher (psychic medium). One day before I was heading out to go to church I saw psychically (clairvoyantly) footprints on my wall!!

I thought, 'what the heck does that mean?!' I've always had paranormal things happen to me my whole life and sometimes...well it is a little ridiculous!!

I get to church and head down to the nursery with my baby. To my astonishment I notice at the end of the steps on the cement floor they had taped down small footprints. With a note on the wall to follow the footprints. I didn't know where I was going but I followed the footprints in total amazement that that was actually happening after my paranormal experience at home. It was kind of like deja' vu.

To my surprise I was led by following small footprints through two hallways to the chosen room where all the children would be for that particular day.

Strange but that's how my life has been. Since then I hold the footprints thing close to my heart.

It had meaning!!

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I cling to the belief that everything is going to work out as it should.  Actually for the best when we look at the big picture.

I'm not askeard of God!  I'm just skeard that I'm not going to like it after it works out the way that ..I.. make it go.

Sometimes we get to going so fast that something has gotta get in the way to slow us down ...  so we don't run over the clift.  Sometimes runnimg into a brick wall is a good thing.
    We don't like it, but it was a good thing.

Just got a Ph. call and gotta go for a bit..  later

3. Dave Barnett profile image58
    Dave Barnettposted 13 years ago

Some people are afraid to even admit that God does exist. So many contradicting statements have been made, and some are attributed to the Bible itself. I do agree that the fear of what God might do to you is a factor. Most people don't understand what is even written in the book, even those who preach the word, and very few are prepared to let their defences down long enough to understand, settling with letting others tell them what is there.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very well said.

4. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

I am not afraid of God nor do I fear wht God might do to me.

Why do the people who don't believe in Him, believe Him to be feared?

5. secularist10 profile image61
    secularist10posted 13 years ago

"are peope really afraid of god or afraid of what god will do to them?"

This is really a great question. I would venture to say that many if not the majority of god-believers in the world believe in god and go through the motions of ritual and ceremony not because of any rational or logical reasoning, but rather because of the emotional (and ultimately irrational) FEAR of what god will do to them if they don't obey.

It is the exact same dynamic as with children: children do not understand right and wrong, but they do understand reward and punishment, and they also understand authority (parents or teachers).

It's too bad that so many adults have chosen such an immature and simplistic mindset to guide their lives.

And, regarding dreams: I had a very vivid dream the other night that I was the richest person in the world. Therefore, I guess it must be true...

6. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Yeah, take away the fear of death and punishment, and there is no REAL reason to serve God.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You make this statement quite often.....

Are you afraid of death    or ....
      are you looking forward to nothingness?

Actualy that didn't sound nice but I was really wondering.
      How to Atheist feel about their impending death? Is there any fear?  Thinking there is nothing else at all.

Even if I didn't believe in a God;...I'd still have to believe in some kind of life continuence.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why? Did you worry about anything before you were born?  Technically, you were not alive before conception, were you?

Hay Randy  I hope no one took offence.  I was just curious.
          If there is nothing after death I know that there will be no fear then. But do ya fear this life coming to an end.

This is intended as an honest question.
             Don't know why I even thought about that aspect before.

Sometimes the fear of living too long may cancel out the fear of not living long enough.  Such would be a person in great pain or either living as an invalid. 

Each person deals with it as best they can, I suppose.  But to me, life is for living, not worrying about a supposed afterlife which cannot equal this one.

No, I do not relish my dying.  But it can't be so very hard, everyone does it!

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
              ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is a philosophy.

I see now that you just want to be true to yourself. That is the source with all this god-angst.

Wrong!  I just do not want to be true to "you"!  LOL!

you don't want to be wise, i see. its too ew.
                  reptiles and caterpillars fly later on you know...caterpillars do it in a matter of weeks and reptiles were able to do it for a couple of thousands of years. great, now we can eat them.

Or they may eat us!

And some reptiles flew for a few million years.  Just sayin'.

Sorry for not responding quicker.  After a bit I went to work on another hub.

I like your answer.

Like Josey Wells said...  Dieing is easy.. It is the living that's hard for men like us.

It's true if you can just realize it!  Some people think hell is here on earth.  I happen to think it is both heaven and hell.  It depends on you which place it turns out to be.

I think that it could very well be. 

It could also be like that candy bar that my kids loved so much back in the late 70s   "Now & Latters"

Do they still make them?

2. kamy marcum profile image56
        kamy marcumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree with ya you have a way of puten it and i like it alot.

1. earnestshub profile image79
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well as I see it from my great great granddaddy on, we all just turned into worm food or ashes. Both are OK by me.

Somehow it seems that those with religion assume others are without spiritus or without morality if they accept becoming worm food.
          Something about it speaks to me and helps me have a wonderful life using the "religiosity of soul" as Carl Jung put it, to direct a path that does not include religion.

7. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

people are not afraid of god. they are afraid of themselves.

1. secularist10 profile image61
      secularist10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, very deep!

But don't you think that many people are indeed afraid of the negative consequences of not obeying god, as it has been described in their religion (thinking mainly of the Abrahamic religions)? And thus, that fear motivates them to do whatever it is they are ordered to do?

they are afraid of their guilt based on an external notion of right and wrong.

they are cut off from self-knowledge.

How can you know they are afraid of guilt?

And, more to the point, that "external notion of right and wrong" originates from their idea of God and/or the religious doctrine in question, does it not?

it can come from any external source.

they are not afraid of guilt. They are afraid of their choices because they are in conflict.

Well, you said just before "they are afraid of their guilt."

I agree that fear can originate from any external source, and in the case of many followers (not all) of these Abrahamic faiths, that external source is God or the religious doctrine, is it not?

i know, but that is what i meant. they are afraid of their guilt, what they label as such.

2. profile image57

you have to trust in yourself to have the faith needed

8. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

the consciousness is mainly concerned with itself and itself alone. It organizes only when it finds its center. Most people cannot find their center and so they rely on others to tell them where it is.

but the center exists and it motivates emotions and reactions. so when the center is in conflict with the fake self...fear and conflict such as guilt manifests. and they project it to their notion of G-d.

1. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like this - SO manifestations of g-d are actually just a mental illness,   thought so ! big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64

projections of the drama of the consciousness...i however contest that it is not always mental illness. mental illness afterall is just when you cannot translate your inner language of symbolism to "reality" as we agree it is, to the beta state.

what G-d is though is a vast topic.

1. alternate poet profile image68
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or no topic at all.   Wanting not to die would  appear to be at the root of it all to me, the intelligent translation of a prime life requirement impacting the spiritual soft spot in the brain.

i seriously have no idea what you mean. smile

9. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Not afraid of either.  Am afraid of some of those who are!

*sly smile* one where you would say "what?".

Huh!

*sly smile*

10. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Ever hear the term "God fearing Christian"?  I think that says it all......

Christian fearing agnostic, in my case! LOL!

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. mrpopo profile image71
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bahahhaha lol

11. Jerami profile image59

I have a faith in a life after death that came long before I had faith in a God that created the universe.
       I still don't have a definition of what that God is.
       And it is written that we never could.

But I know he/it is....  "I AM"

the observer within.

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

huh??

1. profile image57

have you ever looked up the greek woods that was used/
      the greek word for mansions was used more than once in the new testetment, but the word mansions was onbly usrd once

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Some folks here on earth make it hell for those around them.

C'mon, Holle!  We know you don't mean to!

YEA     .... And some of them kick it back where it come from

14. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Women are light and goodness; snakes are dark and evil.

1. profile image57

i have played with a couple of snakes in church,

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Were they male or female?

1. profile image57

little ones made it into church down stairs where the children are for sunday school and it was my job to get them out, no one else wanted that job

Some churches down here would consider snakes entering a time for fellowship!  No kidding!

2. wilderness profile image93

The last time I saw snakes indoors our cat had found a copperhead nest and was bringing the babies in one at a time.  He had a half dozen in the house before we figured out what was going on!

1. habee profile image93

Ooooohhh...bad kitty!

1. wilderness profile image93

Indeed he was!  There was quite the commotion for a while with my wife and myself trying to find and get them all while our young sons wanted to play with them and the cat just wanted to eat 'em.  Fun times!

When my eyes first landed on this comment I thought habee said it.

She has probably said it before, Jerami!

1. habee profile image93

I admit, I've handled a couple of snakes in my day - mostly just harmless little ones.

What about the others?

1. habee profile image93

They were harmful little ones!

Too bad!

Nobody goina ask how ya pick up a bunch of rattlesnakes by accident?

Ok I'll tell ya
                    I was picking up taters when I was a kid...   saw what I thought was a bunch of worms under one of the taters and picked up a hand full of them.  Moma wouldn't let me keep um tho.

1. profile image57

I rember that

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Sorry Jerami!  Rattlesnakes are so common here we have heard all kinds of encounters.  A local man was struck by a rattler a few weeks ago when he got on riding mower and the snake was lying on the deck.  He was elderly and died very quickly.  I've killed quite a few lately, a huge canebrake yesterday I almost stepped on.

I did it by accident one time..
            A bunch of rattlers all at one time

2. habee profile image93

Nah, we Presbyterians gave up snake handlin' a few years back. We're animal lovers and decided it was too cruel for the poor rattlers.

1. profile image57

if you had one get in church, you have a choice of getting it out or leaving

3. profile image57

hay bro i said it here in virginia

Yeah right!  Light headed and oh-my-goodness!

1. profile image57

trust in the Lord and you can do anything

15. Jerami profile image59

I'm goina leave yaul to it.  It has gotta be later in virginia than it is in houston huh?
       This old man is goina go fall down somewhere and go to sleep

Night

1. profile image57

I gotta go to, its one o'clock now and I have a busy day, when I awake in the morn

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Johnny's co-worker's dad was struck and killed a few weeks ago while he was mowing. The rattler was wrapped around the blade. When the man turned the mower over to repair it, the snake got him.

yaul live out away from town I take it.

1. habee profile image93

Nope, we live in town. Now. Randy lives in the boonies. We still have a few snakes here in town, though. In fact, we had a big ratsnake attend our Memeorial Day cookout! We moved him to a wooded area so he'd be safe.

Really ??  Wouldn want one of the kids to step on it and hurt it huh.

I used to be kinda in the country untill town moved in.

I really am goina go fall down somewhere.  night.

Yes, and I love it.  Just today I saw 4 does with the fawns tagging along behind them feeding in the fields.  Two of the does had twin fawns about 18 inches tall.  A mother raccoon and 4 little ones were crossing the road and of course, many snakes. turtles, and a fox.

This is why I love my new camera.  Plenty of photo ops!

They are really crawling now!  The one I killed yesterday had been feeding recently and was in an area I walk through frequently.  I've gotten to where I can spot them because I know where they prefer to bask in the sun.  Snake tanning and rubbing snake oil onto their skin!

17. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

RD, do you think the canebrakes are as aggressive as the diamondbacks? The reason I ask is because I've prodded a few canebrakes with sticks and never could get them to even coil up.

You must have prodded them when they were cold because the ones around here are usually very defensive.  Neither are very aggressive toward humans but will strike you if they feel threatened or accidentally stepped on.

In the early morning hours before they warm in the sun they will be more listless!

1. habee profile image93

I agree that rattlesnakes are not very aggressive. Cottonmouths, however, are! I know experts say they're not, but I've seen it with my own eyes!

18. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

RD, Johnny saw another indigo snake at the hunting camp yesterday. This one was smaller.

Wow!  I wish he had taken a photo!  I just missed getting a pic of a huge coachwhip a while back.  He rose up and looked at me before streaking away.  They have excellent eyesight and are very intelligent.  The way they look at you is kind of disconcerting, if you know what I mean.

19. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

RD, even here in town we have coons, possums, and a fox or two. No deer, though. Grendel hates that dang fox! When I take the pooches out in the middle of the night, the fox stands at the edge of the neighbor's yard and barks at the dogs. One night he followed Grendel around the yard. I think he's lonely.

Is it a red fox or a gray one?  The red ones are very social.  They always make their dens close to the houses around here so they can scrounge around and eat the dog food kept at most country homes.

Going to Mauk this weekend!  I'll tell everyone you said HAY!

Crashing!

20. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

It's a red fox. Every time I see it, I think of Hunter's Horn.

Tell the Mauk crew Goober said hi!

21. profile image55
    fionadeogposted 13 years ago

i guess, we need to believe something superpower or almighty that can do anything so that we can stay humble in good times and stay strong in bad times..........

22. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

The first thing god wants to do to people is have them believe in him. That gets them into jesus' book of life. The next thing god will want to do is clean up their life... and this is what people are afraid of.

I don't see it that way at all. I clean up my life because I take responsibility myself to be a good father, a good friend, an honest trader, a good grandfather.

These people are in my life every day. I don't need instructions from a malevolent invisible totally no-show entity written about by some goat herders telling me I don't love my grandchildren, or know how to be a moral person.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol
        and you still have some cleaning up to do

Christianity isn't about morals, although they come with the territory its about God and this thing called "personal relationship" which means just that, the relationship is personal.

Salvation by works is not the way, all people think they are the best they can be until god comes along.

Hold that thought while I go get a bucket of popcorn. This should be a good fireworks display.  smile

1. profile image0

Read the rest of what i said and i think you may want to put on a movie for that popcorn.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you cousin. Preach it and judge - don't bother living it. lol lol

Interesting interpretation you have there. I also do not recall Jesus saying to go out and live it in any way. Yes - preaching and not acting is best. Well done.

1. luvpassion profile image62
            luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Knowles I find this statement very telling:

" I also do not recall Jesus saying to go out and live it in any way.'

I never would have guessed you two had personal conversations.

lol lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Aww - How sweet - I forgot you religionists do not understand the concept of irony. Jesus did not exist and no one has conversations with him. It was a joke to point out the hypocrisy of cousin yochanan. I didn't mean to get your hopes up. Sorry. sad

1. Misha profile image62
                Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What? You are not 3000 years old? yikes wink

I feel like it speaking to some of these guys. sad

2. luvpassion profile image62

I'm not a religionist, but I do understand irony...I think it's ironic that a soap-box , damn it all...atheist such as yourself , listens to what Jesus is saying!

Freuding slip.

wink

Why? Because I don't believe in the invisible super being I am not capable of reading, understanding and incorporating good things from books I have read - including The Nonsense?

Guess you don't usually read what I write. Oh well. sad

1. luvpassion profile image62

No - no , good for you...finding good things in books such as the bible are good. Be better to be open to possibilities of imagination also, but - hey!

I haven't read  "The Nonsense" is that an atheist book?

smile

3. profile image0

So far out in left field i can't even see the field you are standing in. Every born again christian states they have a personal relationship with the god of the bible. For us, this is fact. For carnal thinking unsaved sinners who claim to be athiest it is a stumblingblock. For us, the cross is a fact. For carnal thinking unsaved sinners who claim to be athiest it is a stumblingblock. There is never any hypocrisy in what i say its just that carnal thinking unsaved sinners who claim to be athiest can't relate.

2. profile image0

Good for you mark you have given me an opportunity to enlighten you once again. Christians are allowed to judge or weigh up situations, we need to be able to do this to 'reprove works of darkness'. I'm sure you know the scripture this comes from lol We are not allowed to pass a sentence as in a court room. If i said you need to clean up because you are going to hell that would be a judgment, but because i recognized the work of darkness that needed to be reproved i simple stated he had some cleaning up to do, if when you read the posts and notice the anger, i am right.
            If you knew half of what you think you know you might know some things of value in this forum. Not really a judgment but an observation lol
            And i thought you said whales were your cousin, clearly i am not a whale.
            Thanks for stopping by but no thanks for your comment as i know you will not be enlightened. Again another observation and no sentence passed if i had've added because you are thickheaded now that would have been a sentence passed and i am not about to say that.

One of the reasons why religions have caused wars. smile

23. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

“are peope (sic) really afraid of god or afraid of what god will do to them?”

Not so much afraid as resigned... I watch the news and live life; bad things happen to good people millions of times every day; this includes kids and babies who are way too young to be “judged”.

This fact could be used to refute the concept of god, but that’s another discussion…

24. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

To answer the op.
    Some people have always been afraid there is a troll under the bridge of life. smile

25. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

fear of unknown is always there...what if is something which would always generate fear in most cases...

26. Jaggedfrost profile image59
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

Love God for he loves you.  Fear Justice for he could care less and is as a beast on a chain of obedience to his father.   A disobedient and spiritually vapid generation has much to fear from Justice or who you would call the Destroying Angel.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alpha Omega, Omega Alpha. Tomato, tamato

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The duality of all things, multiplicity, ancestors rise within, speak, and make dreams and visions, clouded by the mists of time. Positive and negative, like the beating of the heart, the thinking of the mind, the blinking of the eye. Energy as in E=MC2 as in, the value of E. Einstein as god.

27. Jaggedfrost profile image59
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

lol Justice doesn't speak for himself he is usual considered and written about as the rod of His mouth amongst other euphemisms. Justice is an angel not a God and would never consent to being worshiped but in Exodus was a force to be reckoned with all the same.  He witnessed and then presided over the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.   He stood in the pillar of fire and repeatedly punished Israel when they rebelled against Moses.  He consumed the sacrifice of Elijah.   These things he did and more in the name of his Father who is God.  He is an angel and a voice in heaven of a specific tenor none the less.   If you didn't understand that you don't understand your scriptures and blamed your loving Father in Heaven for all that distemper.

I prefer the story of the "three bears" myself.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too. I can't bear a rock and a hard place all the time, or climb into such a hard bed

28. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

well i dont believe in religious god and so fear induced by most religion dont effect me...if god is real i dont think god is something to be sared or feared of...and if god is not there again what is there to fear?...so in both case fear is last thing which should be attached with god...

29. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Amazing eh kelly. You post something wonderful and glorious like that and all the evil venom of satan servers zooms to your doorstep, one moderator away from cursing at you. LOL
    sad isn't it.
    well pssst, they all failed at christianity probably because they are too evil to be good lol
    Good post
    well said
    God bless you for it.
    We the righteousness of God enjoyed reading your post.
    Keep up the good work
    and remember
    God loves you and so do those of a 'higher morality' love you to, your christian brothers and sisters.
    Thanks beautifully said.
    Nice to read a positive post for a CHANGE

You are the higher morality, cousin?

Dear me..................

My oh my what a high opinion you have of yourself. No wonder you cause so many wars.

Well done.

That is what Satan tole me ter tel ya. lol lol

1. profile image0

Jesus is the "higher morality", how can you not know that?
        divisive post as usual mr. mark
        people obviously do judge others by themselves.. what i wrote is not about ME.
        i have no doubts your heckles stood up and that your flesh dictates what you say.

have a good day, mr mark

You are the one claiming a "higher morality," cousin. And the rest of your attacks on anyone who does not believe as you do is not anything other than divisive.

All your posts are about YOU. You are only qualified to cast judgment in your own name. You are what I believe is called a "false prophet," in your speak.

You are not speaking for Jesus or god, you are speaking for YOU.

What a shame you are unable to see that and will continue to purposefully raise hackles by speaking in this fashion. Then - of course - you can accuse the other person of something for rising to your bait.

As far as I can tell, you have accused and judged just about every one you have spoken to on these forums. I must admit I lolled when you were laughing at some one because you think they are going to burn in hell while you rest in paradise.

Is that what you have learned from Jesus' "higher morality"?

This is what you actually said:

So - you were not saying Jesus has a higher morality, you were claiming that honor for yourself and your christian brothers and sisters.

But - I forgive you for falsely accusing me.

1. profile image0

This is why i prefer emails now to trolling the forums. Your comment by the way i just deleted and it did me great pleasure to do so .... feel free to leave another.

When i realized that no atheist really cares about truth and i don't mean biblical truth, although they really dislike that lol, just ordinary truth, basic, human, truth. God showed me Matthew 10:11-15 and said this now applies.
            So free i am.
            I will pop in occasionally and answer some questions but the bottom line is i will not get into discussions unless i am emailed. I am spending more time with God and you can be chagrined about that all you want.

So you see the higher morality is any christian who doesn't go out of their way to post 'lies' or 'misinformation', it would be one who actually cared if his contradictions were shown NOT to be contradictions, but even in this, the higher morality of atheists parallels the muslim dogma. "Do whatever you have to to acheive the goal". Its not even the high morality you claim, however falsely to aspire to, it is basic human truths that are not in the rules of atheists. Like so many deluded atheists whose bumper sticker says: "Gehenna bound" enjoy your trip

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brother

My real brother is a pastor
          Christian morality?

I'm non Christian; do you have a higher morality than me?

OR

Are you really no better and no worst than me?

No offence intended

3. Beelzedad profile image60

Jesus never said such things, you did. smile

30. TheNeoHumanist profile image58
    TheNeoHumanistposted 13 years ago

I see that nobody has tried to define what they understand "God" to be before discussing it. So does anyone in this thread really know what anyone else is talking about? I think a discussion like this needs to begin with people stating what they take "God" to mean, otherwise everything that follows is pretty much meaningless.

That is because to ask us to defining "God"
      would be like asking a kindergarten student to define what a sunbeam is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)