If you will be granted with God like powers for one day...

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (48 posts)
  1. jamesbrownbete profile image61
    jamesbrownbeteposted 13 years ago

How will you change the world if you will be granted with God like powers for one day?

I guess I am not that too fortunate to watch the movie entitled "Bruce Almighty" later in 2003 which was primarily casted by Jim Carrey. Anyway, I have finished watching it now. Yehey! And I think everybody else here is familiar with the said movie.
    Well, if I have a chance to have some divine powers, I will create a similar planet like earth and try to start again.  smile

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Use my God powers to give myself permanent God powers. Ohhhhhh.... big_smile

jamesbrownbeteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Watta very nice idea Origin!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will make all the children healthy, enough food to eat and have a nice future!

smile That's pretty nice plan as God. As pretty as you, prettydarkhorse!

2. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Give all the children in the world a happy, secure childhood....
    Eliminate disease, natural disasters, and wars.
    Wipe clean all suffering and misery....and replace it with contentment, laughter, music and beauty smile

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's beautiful...I can't think of anything else to say after that smile

2. jamesbrownbete profile image61

Wow! very nice myownworld! A world could be that musical and beautiful. big_smile

3. leeberttea profile image57
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't change a thing. If God created it, it is already perfect and certainly doesn't need any tinkering by the likes of me.

You're so very serious leeverttea! But I like the way how you preserved everything God created. smile

1. watchya profile image61
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah ! Like wars  and dirt and deseases. And Man ! LOL

1. pisean282311 profile image64
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow! we must be living on completely different planets altogether....! So how do I get to this perfect world of yours? wink

thx Polly and james...! Now if only we COULD make it happen......

You're very pretty welcome myownworld! big_smile

2. leeberttea profile image57
        leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are reasons for disease, suffering hate and war. What would we be if not for struggle? How could we know contentment unless we know misery? If God created it, it must be good even if it doesn't feel so at the time.

Welcome to me world!

Imagine if there was no disease, war, or anything else that causes death. Our population would be in the trillions by now.

1. myownworld profile image73

big_smile now why didn't I realize before how war and diseases were such good things in life! Silly me....

*trying to imagine a world free of them.... hmm..... ok...

Well, I wouldn't call them good lol. big_smile

yeah, functional perhaps....

hey, I did imagine the world without them...and so far the picture looks pretty good...so what do I do now?  yikes

Hmmmm... imagine me a vacation, I could use one! big_smile

big_smile hey, I'm just acting like god, haven't been made into one!

Ok... imagining for you...a stunning beach with lots of sunshine, deep blue water, great music, exotic dancers and mouthwatering food.... any good?

see, now you know why none of us are given that power, even for a day? ! smile

1. leeberttea profile image57

Thankfully so! Man would make a terrible God, hell we don't even do human very well! big_smile

big_smile agreed!

3. jamesbrownbete profile image61

Everyone here has really unique ideas about great powers! big_smile big_smile big_smile

3. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that the only way to fix the world would be to go  back in time.
         The only thing wrong with the original plan was mankind’s free will. But if we took that away then it wouldn't have been perfect in the first place.
         We have brought the world to where it is today. "Us"       We could blame our forefathers but that wouldn' be correct.   

It was never too late for us to change directions.We didn't.
        But now that the barn is burning it "may" be too late to save that barn. But we can build another

Any  plan no matter how perfect, has to have full cooperation of all of the participants or it is bound to fail. 

Will mankind ever be able to find full cooperation on any issue ???

But they are right also jerami. Everything that happens nowadays like wars, disease, etc., has purpose. We don't really have to go back in time and fix everything. Still, you have a very nice insight...

4. watchya profile image61
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

I don' see anything perfect in this creation apart from the animals.

5. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

Gods powers for a day. My motto would be: Why can't we all just get along!

6. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

http://minnesotasportsdaily.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/celebration-golf-course.jpg?w=655

And here's your golf course!

Ok... I think I just got fired because I'm granting things too easily! yikes

Ooooohhhhhh... awwwwww.... yikes big_smile

Thanks! I wouldn't fire you, your granting me all this nice stuff lol.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful golf course myownworld. I'm just wondering, are you beginning to have some divine powers now? smile Just kidding...

7. watchya profile image61
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

Dreams are free and you do't need a god to dream. They're your own creation.

1. leeberttea profile image57

You look like the woman in my dreams last night! wink

1. watchya profile image61
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably.big_smile

If you could see the movie "Bruce Almighty", you could see how stupid Jim Carrey uses his God like powers. You will really laugh. Anyway, there's no room to be so serious here. We're just having fun!  wink

8. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

see through vision!!

(or is that a Superman thing??)

Something like that greek!  big_smile big_smile big_smile

9. profile image50
    tmorris911posted 13 years ago

I'd let them kill me again. I'd, very publicly, rise again. Tell everyone to love one another AGAIN! I'd promise to come back in a couple thou to see how you're all doing with my instructions. Rinse, Lather, Repeat, Amen.

10. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

I would turn the power off.  big_smile

11. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

No thanks. I have it already. Only I have not been utilizing it!

CVR

1. oscillationatend profile image60
      oscillationatendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd disband religious, political, and special interest groups.

I'd dissolve boarders, hook humanity up with the technology to build up products atom by atom, give them unlimited energy, and a leg up in space travel.

World peace, with any luck.

My friend, a Canadian, once said he'd give everyone a joint and a donut..apparently, it may achieve the same thing. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)