Search Engine

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. mymagicview profile image62
    mymagicviewposted 13 years ago

Today I saw my hubs who got 0 pageviews in last 30 days. I searched for the 'url' of these hubs in Google Search Engine, but these hubs are not included in search engine!

I am worried because these hubs are old. For example, my hub 'Manifesting Wealth' published on 9 oct 2009. And this is not a single example! My so many non performing hubs are not included in a search engine.

What can I do in this situation!? Is I have to include my hubs manually in Google Search Engine!? But then I afraid they will not get indexed properly. (because had a bad experience with indexing my website.)Is this normal!? Also I saw one of my hub 'Email Hosting' was in and out of search engine time to time.

I am so confused! What is happening? because my so many performing hubs are permanently included in a search engine. Then what's the problem with these non performing hubs? And how I can overcome this problem?

Thanks!

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years ago

hhmm, the only thing I can think of is....do you have backlinks for your hubs?

mymagicviewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if they had! Because I never do backlinking, but if someone did, maybe... but then what with performing hubs? I never backlinked them too...

1. Rafini profile image82
          Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would think without backlinks the performing hubs performed well due to keywords which were then searched for in Google.

2. thisisoli profile image70
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try linking to your page from some do follow sites.

Google does not crawl nofollow links, so it is posisble that google is not picking up your hubs (Rare since hubpages has a lot of natural interlinking).

1. DenverPhotography profile image60
            DenverPhotographyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Google does crawl nofollow links!  What happens is page rank is not passed through no follow links.  And even some SEO experts believe that there is a little page rank passed through nofollow links currently, just not the level of dofollow links.

Search engines work on backlinks.  For example, there is no way of submitting your site ask.com.  So if you want Jeeves on ask.com to discover it, you need to be well networked on the internet.  Because Ask.com follows the links it already knows about and if it sees your link on one of those pages, it will follow it and discover your site or page.  Most major search engines work the same way.  Although you can submit to other search engines, if you don't have at least a couple of links pointed to each page it starts to look spammy.

For the purpose of page discovery and getting indexed at all both a dofollow and a nofollow link would work for this purpose.

2. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will be very interested in learning the actual truth about whether Google crawls the no follow links or not. I value your opinion on the issue, since you have your own do follow article directory.

2. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Maybe you could benefit from these two hubs? wink

Sunforged wrote them both.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Website-Tra … -earn-from

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-for-mon … nt-revenue

Good luck. smile

3. TVTopTen profile image60
      TVTopTenposted 13 years ago

I agree with everyone else. If you really want these sites cached then you will have to get some links out to them. I'd start with some social media sites like twitter, delicious...etc.

By the way, just because a link is "no-follow" it doesn't mean its "no-crawl" Google bots still crawl these links, they just don't pass on page rank.

I find it strange though because of all the natural interlinking of hupages...but getting a few links to these pages is worth a shot.

Have you tried linking to these from other hubs of yours that are relevant and that are indexed?

1. thisisoli profile image70

We have been through this on another post, Google specifically states that the Google spiders completely ignore nofollow links, they do not pass on pagerank and they do not get crawled.

Bing is the same.  Yahoo does not count the value of the link, but it does crawl it.

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How does Google handle nofollowed links?

We don't follow them. This means that Google does not transfer PageRank or anchor text across these links. Essentially, using nofollow causes us to drop the target links from our overall graph of the web. However, the target pages may still appear in our index if other sites link to them without using nofollow, or if the URLs are submitted to Google in a Sitemap.

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … swer=96569

*edit*
          I see Lrohner posted the exact blurb!

2. mymagicview profile image62

Yes! I linked my all 'law of attraction' hubs to each other.

4. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 13 years ago

You could try updating the hubs with more text, extending the title and maybe adding video or two. Also make sure your keyphrases are throughout the hub in the text and sub headings. Then once your hubs are updated ping them and get a few backlinks.

I'm guessing that "email hosting" and "manifesting wealth" will have a lot of competition. I'd check out the first few google results for those terms and then look in yahoo site explorer to see how many backlinks they have. This will give you an idea of how many backlinks you need to get on the first page.

Thanks for helping me! Now I will try to enrich my non performing hubs with more content.

5. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 13 years ago

Since you are not finding your hub by a url search, i guess it has been de-indexed for some reason, it will come back soon.Recently I am finding a few of my new hubs are not visible by url search, yet getting organic traffic.

Yes! I am facing this same problem with my new hub, but I am not worried about that, as it's recently published.

6. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Try the Social Bookmarking Toolbar, it is my favorite

7. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

The crawling aspect of nofollow links was discussed between either myself and Darkside/Sunforged (Can't remember which), in it I pulled up all of the relevant information from the three major search engines directly from their own websites.

This information showed clearly that Google and Microsoft did not crawl no-follow links and had no intention to do so in the future.

Only Yahoo crawled no-follow links, but did not use them for search engine ranking purposes.

I am not sure about Ask Jeeves, I didn't research that one as the traffic volume is simply too low.

If you don't believe this, or don't want to believe this, all the information is on the websites of these major search engines, it just takes a bit of digging.

The fact that Google does not crawl no-follow links also suggests to me that the rumour of No follow links passing on a page rank juice is also a myth, and I think a misunderstanding which has been replicated by self professed SEO experts who saw a post with a title similar to that, and did not extrapolate the fact that no-follow links can sometimes bring about organic dofollow links. Not only that but there have been indication that website popularity (traffic) have an impact on serps to a small degree as well. Some people report having websites have a large boost in traffic from another website, and then see their Google rankings rise.

Of course, you can always just keep creating no-follow links, it means less competition for me big_smile

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So glad you posted that. Here's the link. I had this bookmarked since I wind up having this discussion quite frequently. smile

"In general, we don't follow them. This means that Google does not transfer PageRank or anchor text across these links. Essentially, using nofollow causes us to drop the target links from our overall graph of the web. However, the target pages may still appear in our index if other sites link to them without using nofollow, or if the URLs are submitted to Google in a Sitemap. Also, it's important to note that other search engines may handle nofollow in slightly different ways."

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … swer=96569

1. Peter Hoggan profile image68
          Peter Hogganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To me that says Google ignores nofollow links. The page might still get indexed if other pages link to it or a sitemap is submited.

2. thisisoli profile image70

I might have to keep that link on hand too!

Yes a site will still be indexed if another site links to it with a dofollow link, or it is submitted via a sitemap.

having a nofollow link from an external source does not mean your site will not be indexed, it merely means it will not be indexed via the google bot crawling that particular link.

8. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Also what are the topics of the Hub?

Is it possible other websites have increased their SEO efforts and knocked your Hubs down the rankings?

Or is it possible that people simply are nto searching for your keywords any more?

Some of my hubs are seasonal, and see a tenfold increase in traffic at certain times of the year.

I am not expecting my hub on the top of the search engine rankings, but I just want to see my hub in a search engine! I don't think there is any problem with keywords or other sites.

You helped me a lot with nofollow and dofollow links. Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)