Where does an American come from? What is the root of America?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image52
    heavyposted 13 years ago

England the vast and ever imposing force of culture. No American is here by thought  only by movement for expansion of personal gain. Time in and time again so now why try to clog the air with an umbrella? Meaning there is no realistic way to block the whole border. Texas, New Mexico, California, Arizona is trying yet failing, duh.  The statement tells of an umbrella and my four year old thinks if i put up the umbrella that the sun and even the sky is gone or so he portrays. Aren't we portraying to be a melting pot yet when the fire gets hot we persecute people. Right? Bay of pigs, 9/11, pearl harbor. Which were horrible yet we en-caged, pillage, ravaged, destroyed, rebuild, and tore down again for that infraction. We are gangstas. The worlds greatest so, when we run short we borrow from someone else by any means necessary!  And when times get to run raise taxes, close the flood gates, and add aid to the war on drugs, the war on terrorism, the war for peace, and the war for... You get it! lets be more of beings instead of just humans. Lets rational, yea? What is a real solution? What can be logically done to help everyone? Unite the world, no passports for what? Everyone will know someone is different create a international market for you money guys. You call it globalization and this small thing would speed it up not just the passports as well as lower union, industrial laws and manufacturing restrictions and lowering taxes and restriction that effect time on exports and raising on restrictions that cost time to imports yet are affordable on the global market. Its simple gentleman.

1. profile image53
      NoAmnestyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Huh? It's pretty obvious that you are not an American. (Either that or you are high on something!) If you want to post on the forums please either use reasonably correct grammar or stay off the dope. I have no idea what this post says.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what is point which u r making?...

2. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 13 years ago

It is getting late, and I did not read your entire entre to this topic, the second sentence catching my eye and my thoughts.  Many Americans are here because their ancestors were 'Forced' out of their home countries, and that includes many in England and of course Ireland, they wanted to rid the country of the poor Irish, the criminial trouble-making English, and again the Irish, and no doubt other groups under their domain at the time that were either a threat or an economic drain - kind of like Mexico today.

Most all of them came here 'legally', many indentured, they worked without pay until the price of their passage was worked off, they worked their bums off to lose that indenture that was the price of what became the ultimate freedom in this entire world.  Since then, many more have come here 'legally' and made grand conributions to America, and that is a very good thing - for all of us!  And most Americans, provided with a clear understanding of 'globalization' would tell the salesman to go quickly home, quickly home.

Your topic, your thinking, are just "duh" to me and so many who bother to know and feel the generations that came before, their trials, their sacrifices, their boot strap push to change their lives forever more.

3. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

What the heck was that?

1. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A ramble without much logic?  You have to wonder where he/she got their their rhetorical ramble from?  "Gangsta" ?

1. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if that was even English.

1. KFlippin profile image60
          KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought the same, actually.

2. MikeNV profile image67
      MikeNVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what was that?

I'd only expect that kind of trite dribble from someone who had at leas a half case of beer in them.

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

What I got from it was (I think) the usual thing when someone can't seem to get it that there's a difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants.

Just a note: It's wishful thinking if anyone believes that if the US decides to get really tough on illegal immigrants from Mexico it can't be pretty effective at doing so.

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The region of Amerikistan... in the far east next to Nepal

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I spent some time in Nepal...
      Rolled it up in little balls...
      Stuck it in a Hookah...

I forget...the...rest.............................

6. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

A Native American can Truly say they are American.  The rest of us had ancestors who grabbed land.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if that's the case, then Americans came from Canada

(after they crossed the ice bridge that linked Russian to modern day Alaska)

7. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

That was a long incoherant way to say anyone who doesn't agree with him about open borders, is as dumb as Homer Simpson.

I speak babble, fluently. Comes from dealing with leant leftists & progressives for decades.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I speak babble, fluently. Comes from dealing with leant leftists & progressives for decades.

And here I thought it was your native tongue... tongue

8. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

All Americans are immigrants. We all have come from a mysterious land called Storkovia. Each one of us, one day, jumped into the giant mouth of a stork (from Storkovia), and illegally flew to the US. 18 years later (or so) we decide to jump into the job market and steal all the work of honest-hard working americans.

DEATH TO STORKOVIA!!

9. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

The root of America?   Opportunity..

10. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

I am an American. 

I come from America.

And anyone who wants to come here legally can become an American, also.

But if you come here illegally... then don't cry when we oust you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)