Would you like to be a celebrity?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (35 posts)
  1. fonny profile image60
    fonnyposted 13 years ago

Ultimate Fame, Beautiful Clothes, Flocks of Fans, Big House, Lots of Cars, Gorgeous friends.

BUT, would you like your every movement watched? Every sad moment broadcasted to the world a thousand times over. If you lose weight, your anorexix, or a druggy, or depressed. Someone see you eating, your obese, your fat .

We see them only as "famous people" i mean they have feelings and all too, kids that need love and protection.

Maybe you'd like it.

What do you think?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I would rather not be considered a celebrity. I'll take the wealth of the status, but not the status. lol

2. profile image0
      jujurockstarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no i would never want that.
      having cameras in your face all of the time

3. profile image0
      Always Greenerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No way!  It's a shallow world devoid of any real beauty or charm.  It's all about gaining money for multi-billion dollar entertainment conglomerates.

4. PAPERMOUTHGOSSIP profile image58
      PAPERMOUTHGOSSIPposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Make sure to check out PaperMouthGossip, the info on celebrity gossip!!!

2. NaomiR profile image77
    NaomiRposted 13 years ago

Absolutely not. I've dealt with celebs in my job as an entertainment journalist and it seems like being famous is just so stressful. I wouldn't mind being well-known and respected in a particular field, but not famous to the point of being in the tabloids. I like my privacy.

3. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Absolutely NOT!  It comes with great responsibility.  An example....
    Kurt Cobain.. kills himself (fame being a contributory factor amongst drugs and psychosis).. this resulted in fans killing themselves.

Fame comes with responsibility and responsibility has great influence on people's lives - this could have a marked affect on individual's and the world.

Positive and negative outcomes are a matter of perspective... one mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  Influence is, potentially, a weapon of mass destruction.  Can you live with yourself when a chance phrase can have such a marked affect on others?

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could use the money, so maybe a passive celebrity? Lol. You know like passive online income. Oh well, I am just a kidder.

2. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you live with yourself when a chance phrase can have such a marked affect on others?

um...that's one of the reasons I write.....hmm  I'd like to make a difference somewhere...

Oh!  And to answer the question - No thanks!!  big_smile

4. fonny profile image60
    fonnyposted 13 years ago

Lol. I absolutely agree !
    Fame, Wealth it comes with too much baggage, what do i look like, is my hair ok, is anyone gonna see me eating this ice cream . Lol
    I've seen this thing where you can get a band of papparazi to follow you around for a special occasion, it costs an arm and a leg, but i think if i had the chance i wouldn't choose to be famous, your either A List or your getting hated on for this or that .
    TOO MUCH STRESS .

=]

5. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Yes for sure but from mid-morning through to night when I comb my birds nest and put on my face.

6. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

You're already a Hubpages celeb BP.

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awww you know just the right words to woo a gal smile smile smile

1. donotfear profile image82
        donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did it work? heheheh

2. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are right, ediggity. She is....and she's a real nut, too!

Hahaha oh I just had a belly laugh. If I am going to be a celebrity Donotfear then I you are coming with me as my wardrobe assistant. smile

http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae236/thaman27/DarylHannah.jpg

7. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

No. The word 'celebrity' translates to me as "rich and famous for no reason".

Would I like to be 'famous'? Possibly, if it were for the right reasons.

If I was an author I would want to be a 'famous author' not a 'celebrity author', if I was a scientist I would want to be a 'famous scientist' not a 'celebrity scientist', if I was a singer I would want to be a 'famous artist' not a 'celebrity pop singer'. If I was a chef I would want to be a 'famous chef' not a 'celebrity chef'...

Celebrity means tack in my eyes. The lowest common denominator. Some decent people get caught up in this celebrity rubbish though. I would much rather be famous to a few.

You are more famous now for having a rich dad and getting your boobs out on a beach than you are if you are for inventing a world changing technology.

8. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't want to be classified in the category of 'celebrity'. It would be useless to me other than giving me the opportunity to reach lots more people, but then I'd be scrutinized into a pulp of vomited fruit. No thanks.  I'd much rather be remembered for what I've contributed to help somebody else, especially those who are hurting. Or I'd love to be a motivational speaker, though not classified as 'celebrity'. I'd rather be thought of as smart. When I think celebrity, I think razzle dazzle, pose for the cameras....show everyone how pretty you are today dressed in your designer clothes. PUKE!!!!

9. Qu3sTLoV3 profile image54
    Qu3sTLoV3posted 13 years ago

Thats not all it is about you wouldn't know obviously celebritys have problems too not just like "OMG MY NAIL BROKE" not just like that problems real problems so their celebs they can go out or do anything cause they HAVE pose for the cameras if you really think about it celebs have problems just like us so stop bagging on celebs hmm

1. fonny profile image60
      fonnyposted 13 years ago

I wasnt bagging on celebs, naturally in envious of their lifestyle, BUT id rather be me and have my problems stay within the privacy of my home.

Of course they have problems, no person on the planet does, i dont hate them. I pity them.
      How do you no who your true friends are if you have that much money.
      Self conscious all the time .
      It may be a glamorous life, but i think it would be quite sad as well.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A lot of people would do the same thing, which is one of the problems facing many citizens in America. They do not want to be in the spotlight and some do.
        I don't pity them, they put themselves into the position they are in and it is for them to figure out what is the best course of action, just like you.
        Actions speak volumes about friends.
        Very few.
        It's not glamorous life. Media hounds these people, there is no glamor in that. The ones who understand money and the power of money, are the ones who live life without many problems(power of money;wrote a hub on it).

Those who don't understand the power of money or money in general, are the ones completely lost(regardless of wealthy or not).

Just a thought. wink

2. Hubbin4V12 profile image62
      Hubbin4V12posted 13 years ago

Possibly for the fat checks and exposure. The exposure celebrities have can work in ones favor, if it doesn't drive you mad.
      So many people just line up for anything and everything they do. Everything would be like free advertising for your product(s), just make sure all the revenue comes to your accounts, not the countless agents, managers and "friends".

Plus, celebrities are well known for getting exclusive freebies, everyone from high end fashion designers to soda companies jump to endorse them. So to me, it would be a sweet deal, well worth the madness from the paparazzi and media.

3. lxxy profile image61
      lxxyposted 13 years ago

Nah, 'cause I'd be seen everywhere..and soon enough they'd find my secret mars underground volcano lair.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/TAmjkGe8TgI/AAAAAAAAAL4/OYJOzDtKkJo/s800/clintcatwood.gif

LMAO Ixxy. smile

4. Gypsy48 profile image75
      Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

No I don't think so, I like my privacy too much.

5. kimkar profile image57
      kimkarposted 13 years ago

yes sure why not. Of course they have problems, no person on the world does, i dont hate them. I love celebrity life.

6. profile image0
      Rockerzzposted 13 years ago

Yes i would love to be a celebrity

7. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years ago

i would absolutely hate it.......

I did a a couple of poetry books in schools once, i had some time on my hands and i so enjoyed it.  Everywhere i went, kids, were running up to me, or hanging out of cars shouting my name.  I just cannot tell you how awful i felt.  I just wanted to run and hide.  Being a celebrity for real must be awful.

8. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

No Way Jose! All sorts of mean people would be mocking me, making photoshop pictures of me, making jokes about me...wait a minute...

9. britneydavidson profile image59
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years ago

reading to your post i have decided not to be a celebrity

10. Dobson profile image76
      Dobsonposted 13 years ago

I would not like the constant media scrutiny. I do want to be a published author though and i suppose if you are fortunate enough to catch the lightning in a bottle that accompanies a great book you may have to deal with some amount of fame.

1. Polly C profile image90
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Luckily for writers, a lot of people never know what they actually look like, so I think you can usually walk around fairly anonymously even if you are quite successful. More so than other celebrities, anyway smile

11. profile image0
      wademcmasterposted 13 years ago

I think the admiration, money, (and the ability to easily pull many hot chicks) sounds fantastic.

However, the lifestyle, lack of privacy and being mobbed down the street etc, makes it all pretty much not worth it, id say a definite no for me

12. lizzyroe profile image61
      lizzyroeposted 13 years ago

Sometimes it seems pretty glamorous, but I'm way too shy. I'm such a private person there's no way I could handle it.

13. britskee03 profile image59
      britskee03posted 13 years ago

Only to prove that they don't all have to be troubled and diva-like. I'd like to be the one that breaks the typical celebrity stereotype.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)