3 of my hubs flagged down all at once

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. CrystalSingleton profile image61
    CrystalSingletonposted 13 years ago

By means of substandard quality? One of which has almost 700 views on it. These three hubs have been on here for over a year and are now being flagged although they generate comments and daily reads. I don't understand if they were good enough for the last year and a half and now aren't? Please help explain on how this process works, thanks.

1. sabrebIade profile image81
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't feel bad Crystal, I just had one unpublished that was published back on April 17th, 2010 and has had 14,301 views.

And last week I had one get the Ads disabled by a Mod review, and when I asked why, they checked and said they could find no reason why they were disabled and put the ads back up.

Anyway, I e-mailed the HP Team and I'm sure I will hear something back shortly.
      Did you e-mail HP?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

I'm surprised that in the two years you've been on the site that you've never taken the time to read the FAQ and learn how the site works.

Hubs are not evaluated in detail before they are published.  There are automated filters which catch egregious violations of the TOS, but part of the reviewing on this site just comes from fellow site users, and it can happen whenever someone reads a Hub.  A Hub can be flagged if the reader thinks admin should review the content as somehow skirted the filters, or if it seems to be of poor quality.  Admin will then review the Hub, and if do find something wrong or lacking, it gets moderated.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#substandard

If you read the list of reasons linked, I'm sure you can figure out why admin moderated your Hubs.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Some hubs do not come to our attention for a while, and then either someone flags them or a new report or filter we institute does.  You can just hit reply to the email you were sent when your hub was moderated, and ask for clarification on why it was unpublished.

LOL...I think I am kinda following two threads at once here, when one would do.
      I mentioned in the other thread that I didn't get an e-mail, I don't know about Crystal though.
      I went in and did the "contact us" on the Hub.

4. anujagarwal profile image58
    anujagarwalposted 13 years ago

Same thing just happened with one of my hub. Published from more than a year and today received a mail that it needs a revision and is an overly promotional hub. Although, it contains only 1 backlink. Well, I have sent a mail to HP, lets see what they will reply.

Last time they got back to me in less than 24 hours which I thought was pretty good.
      I still haven't gotten an original "unpublished" e-mail about the Hub though and that kinda makes me wonder.

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

HP is quite busy , give them time to respond and they will lok into it. Be patient and hang in there. smile

I know, and I do realize they have a ton of things to keep up with and not many people to do it with.
      The thing is like I said, it was my third highest trafficked Hub yesterday when it was unpublished, so that means I'm losing money while I'm waiting to find out whats wrong so I can correct it and get it republished.

6. CrystalSingleton profile image61
    CrystalSingletonposted 13 years ago

For relache, although I joined a few years ago, I dont hang out here. I write short articles here from time to time. I like to come and check it out once in awhile. I also dont spend time reading through and checking links and ads and urls. I write because I love too. Nothing else. That is why I am shocked to find out i just had a 4th hub that was flagged for malicious links when in fact I have no knowledge of linking or how to on that matter. I just think it is wierd that articles that came out 2 years ago are just now being flagged. My score continues to rise and I have almost over 5000 reads so it just seems confusing is all.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Writing HubPages is not the same as blogging.  That's why they monitor the content and try and uphold certain standards. 

And given that you keep saying that you don't understand terms used on the site (like substandard or malicious link), it would be worth your time to read over the FAQ.

1. CrystalSingleton profile image61
        CrystalSingletonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have but i dont understand too much about computers. I use my netbook mainly for my books and scripts that i write. I have a google adsense account that i set up when I very first signed up for hubpages. That is my only known link, and the url hubpages link they gave me. which I have yet to see do anything. Google pays me but havent seen anything come from the hubpages link. how would you know if their is a malicious link, where do you go to check that stuff????

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can see a list of all of your hubs in your control panel under "my account." If there are any malicious links, these should be marked with the symbol that is shown at the buttom of that screen. Then you can edit the hubs, check out the links.

1. Aficionada profile image78
            Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was going to ask the same question - so thanks, WE, for your answer.  One more detail - is there any other way to check without waiting to be notified on the My Account page?  Or can I assume that whatever HP software checks for links will be as up-to-the-minute as possible?  I mean, if I can be proactive in checking links, that would give an additional option, but I realize this may not be possible or even desirable.  Just askin'

2. profile image0

Are you saying you have no outbound links at all? What may have been a sound link when created can turn malicious later on. You, as the publisher, would be responsible for getting rid of such links in your hubs.

7. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

I got a Hub flagged once...

8. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Aficionada, there are free online link checkers and some rather good programs that will check every link on a website. How to configure it to work on your hubs (as opposed to HubPages' entire site) may present a bit of a challenge. I wouldn't take HubPages' not notifying you as a guarantee that all links are valid.

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess that was what I was trying to indicate. [Sometimes I need to write in order to know what I'm trying to write, know-what-I-mean?]

Should I simply google "free online link checker" to find one?  Is that the best route?

Thanks again. smile

1. profile image0

Check out LinkExaminer by AnalogX. It is light, free, and safe to use. A Google search for "link checker" and "online link checker" may also work, and there is a Firefox plug-in. There are online website quality checkers, which also may include checking for links.

9. bobskeyboardz profile image58
    bobskeyboardzposted 13 years ago

flags are unexpected! I hope I dont get flagged.

10. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Well it's been almost two days since that Hub was unpublished and I still haven't heard anything from HP on why it was unpublished, or gotten an e-mail telling me it was unpublished in the first place.
    I have e-mailed twice with no response so far.
    (No response from HP after 24 hours is unusual for me..maybe I'm just spoiled)

Should I just let that Hub go, chalk it up as lost and move on to other projects?

11. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

HP wrote me back just now and told me what the problem was, so I corrected it, and sent it in for republishing.
    So everything should be cleared up now.

And in a little over an hour it was republished!

12. anujagarwal profile image58
    anujagarwalposted 13 years ago

Well my hub is republished now, but with a drastic drop in Hub Score. Earlier, it used to be more than 80 and now it has come down in 60s. But thats ok, the big problem is somebody has copied the whole content of my Hub and put it on the website. Do not know what to do now...

File a DMCA.
      I cant find the link I have here at the moment, but contact the HP team and I'm sure they'll give it to you.

1. anujagarwal profile image58
        anujagarwalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info sabreblade. I got the link and reported the issue to Google. The site has AdSense enabled. I hope content will be removed soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)