what frustates you most about political situation in ur country?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (55 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

for me it is hollow talks , corruption and dividing people..

1. profile image0
      eternaltreasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the unfair payment of workers. Some companies under a union are paid $25 to 28 an hour for a start while other people doing far more harder heavier jobs in other factories are paid the minimum of $11 an hour. I wish the government could make companies to pay workers proportional to their hard labours. (if you work a heavier harder job, then you would be paid more, regardless of whether you are on a union or not or working anywhere else within the jurisdiction of the government.
      The government should take care of this issue of FAIRNESS.

1. TinaMarieTad profile image66
        TinaMarieTadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you that this is very unfair!
        I have seen this first hand with the UAW union.
        My husband worked for an auto assembly plant that
        was a UAW Union plant. My husband made $12 an hour
        and people down by Detroit, (we are in Northern Michigan)
        made twice as much money for the same job. All of our union dues were sent to the downstate brances as well. So our paid dues did not benefit us in our local which was only slotted and allotment. It is not only
        union to non-union workers that is frustrating, the unions
        discriminate by region and location regarding wages and
        benefits. My husband has been unemployed now since the
        automobile industry went under, and the unions are still
        trying to call the shots for all workers. In my opinion, there is NO FAIRNESS...

1. profile image0
          eternaltreasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the Government knows exactly what is going on and they close their eyes and cover their ears...How everyone wish to live in a Perfect World, although that world is not here, not Earth. I believe it is up there beyond

2. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ditto..plus, the fact that we can't do anything alone.

1. profile image0
        Precious Williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me too plus the total inability to take responsibility for their own actions.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed...

3. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The politics

I hate politics!

2. TinaMarieTad profile image66
    TinaMarieTadposted 13 years ago

I find it frustrating that our American Government is not listening to the people whom elected them into office. It is definitely starting to show with results from the mid-term elections that people are not happy with the status quo in our Government. Our voices deserve to be heard as our Government is supposed to be "of the people, by the people".

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, our voices were heard in 08, and what has that gotten us?
      Nothing but the losing side trying to dismantle it!
      Not working as a team, but dividing with their propaganda and lies.

No-one has a right to demand their voices be heard...cause when it happens, no one gives a sh*t anyway. They just want what they want  and they want it now.

1. TinaMarieTad profile image66

With me it is not about the loosing side or the winning side. I feel it is more about what American's in general want. There are people that voted for President Obama that are unhappy and feel their voices are not being heard any more than the "loosing side" voters that voted for a different candidate. I did not feel either President Obama nor John McCain were what could fix America. Some of what the right spews is propaganda and some is reality from Obama's actions or lack of...

I guess it will show at the voting booth in 2012 as to whether or not American's regret electing Obama and giving the Democrats majority.
        I plan to vote them all out and I know many others with the same plans. Americans are angry and it is not just us right wing nut jobs..wink

1. jfagan514 profile image58
          jfagan514posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have read some of these post I feel that I agree with yours the most. The Idea to vote them all out would be a step in the right direction. if we read between the lines we can clearly see that there is way to much coruption and partisonship in the white house. the lobbyist must be removed from any and all decisions.  The American citizen is no longer the concern of the bleeding hearts who think that money and funding is the answer. I am a supporter of closed borders. If our system is to survive we must tighten the control of our borders. We are a nation founded by immigration but we cannot continue on that path and survive. All of the millions if not billions of dollars in the immigration programs should be put to the VFW. and P.O.W. funds and programs. think of all the help we can give to the elderly if we stop giving money,loans and credit to the immigrants and illegal aliens. We have enough Tax paying Americans who have given everything and who have lost everything and yet they must beg in the streets like a bum, and/or a vagrant. the Gulf right now is in perrel and the lives of these people are put on the back burner so Obama can take a vacation! that S.O.B. needs to put in a full year of work before he gets or takes a vacation!
          I f he worked at the local factory he would have to wait. I believe we have a costitution that should be taken out and read once in a while. We can ask a veteren about his service to our country and how foolishly the operations are handled. I believe in only allowing a war veteren to be president. and that since the president must be financially indepedant there should be no pay for them. I say we clear out the white house and put 3 vet's. 3 farmers and 3 salesmen and 3 Doctors. and 12 secretaries in there and let them run the show. the lack of political knowledge would be a fresh start ....

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I am not that easily frustrated smile

4. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

That most "news" is propaganda but that a general public reacts instantly to it.

Now I'm not sayin' I'm smart or politically in-the-know - I'm actually not very "quick" with political stuff - so it freaks me out that while I'm tryin' to figure the news out - find out what's true or not, a general public often makes creepy, strange, illogical motions and decisions without me lol.

Sorry peeps but I HAVE TO ask questions about politics...I'm probably not as smart as the general public? lol

What the????

5. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 13 years ago

No expectations, no disappointment.

6. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

The lack of term limits for the US Congress!

7. JON EWALL profile image61
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

hubbers

how about checking this out for fairness.

Many questions that the people should be asking their Congressional members. Everything but providing **jobs in the public sector needs to be speedy in the public sector.
    Unemployment in the PUBLIC sector is 3% and in the PRIVATE sector ( middle class and the poor ) it is close to 10%.
    Instead of the government cutting, the government is ADDING jobs and spending more increasing the nation's deficit.
    The average pay in the PUBLIC sector is $70,000 plus $40,000 in fringed benefits, a total of $110,000. In comparison the average pay in the PRIVATE sector is $40,000 plus $9,000 in fringe benefits, a total of $49,000.
    SOMETHING is very wrong, why does public employees receive $31,000 more in fringe benefits than the private sector?
    Maybe that's the answer to why states, cities and towns are going broke by having the taxpayers shouldering the burden of out of control government spending.

** Excerpts from an Article by Christopher S. Rugaher of Associated Press Titled ''Jobless Claims Fall in Sluggish Recovery'' dated 6/11/10
    '' first-time jobless claims hovered near 450,000 since the beginning of the year.
    claims peaked at 651,000 in march 2009
    the downward trend in layoffs, which began in the spring of last year, is clearly over FOR NOW
    last week, the labor department said the economy generated ONLY 41,000 PRIVATE-SECTOR jobs in may..... temporary census hiring added another 410,0000 jobs (government )
    UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS 26 weeks state
    extended federal benefits up to 73 weeks
    nearly 5.4 million Americans are receiving extended benefits
    all told, about 9.8 million people drew unemployment in the week ending may 22th ''

President Barak Obama and the Democrat controlled Congress idea of ''jobs '' is providing billions of borrowed money to support people who want jobs first. NOTE, The minority republicans complain that they have been locked out of all negotiations on new legislation. OBAMA'S and the Dems open,TRANSPARENT and bipartisan government.
    The President's idea of producing JOBS was to shut down oil drilling in the gulf, which will put 45,000 more workers out of work. Is this the leadership that the nation needs in
    these troubled times? The cost of gas will go up again.

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jon, he has no leadership ability.  That is why things are going to hell in a handbasket!

2. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Though I'm Canadian , I have follow Mr. Obama's carreer since he became President. I have nothing but admiration for him . He was given a country to run that is so far in dept that it will take years to recover from. Also , every time he tries to do anything, the Republicans do everything possible to stonewall him. The Tea Parties are an excellent example of this. No one can run a country when the last party left it in turmoil and continue to use everything they can to make him look bad. Compared to Mr. Bush, Barak is a dream come true.

1. jfagan514 profile image58
        jfagan514posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry ! you are a canadian? OK we will fix our problem, but putting a man in our white house that act's like he has never balanced a check book is not a drem come true. And if I gave you a town to run not even a whole country ,are you saying you would go on righting checks you can't pay and don't have to worry about because you will be voted out and it won't be your problem then. is that the way you think? I do not understand that thinking. I have been self employed for twelve years ,I gaurntee you it does not work that way.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
          nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kind of rude aren't you. no worries. the checks he's writing are needed to undo the financial damage done by the bush administration. i also am selfemployed and have been for years and since you know how it is, if you became the owner in a business that was in dept up to it's eye balls and you had to make the business work then wouldn't you need to borrow money , increase the dept but at the same time try to create more work for the employees. now take that company and have a bunch of employees that you can't fire. these said employees do everything they can to make you fail but you want what's best for everyone, i'm guessing your going to do anything possible to keep the company working.

3. TinaMarieTad profile image66

Jon... You are spot on!!

8. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I totally disagree with that statement.
    He is who he is.
    You are just used to "I'm the decider"...Unitary Executive bs that Cheney was pushing.
    Obama is more in the vein of my own boss...chooses people and delegates.
    The problem is the repubs are blocking him.

You want some "truth" about politics in America?

Newt Gingrich: "Just say no to everything the president wants, and in the November mid-terms we will come in with the solutions and get re-elected."

THAT is politics here.
    And all those republicans can go to hell.

9. rhamson profile image72
    rhamsonposted 13 years ago

There are two things that frustrate me about the political situation in the US.

1. The sale of favor from the politicians to big business.  The blatant display is so obvious and the lack of congress' will to change it because their votes are sealed up in a corrupt alliance with players who benefit from it against the good of the country.

2. The lack of objective and responsible participation of the electorate.  Instead of doing their due dilligence and understanding the issues and choices the American electorate vote for knee jerk reactions from lying scheming political rhetoric.  This is a diservice to themselves and the country.

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

In Canada - politics in general; it doesn't matter who is the majority, the minority disagrees with most things even if they may think some of the majority platform is okay.  it's just a game; and no matter who is leading - the political platforms are just too short term - not much long term planning can be retained because if the minority turn around and become majority, they tend to rip apart some of what was developed before them just because.

one exception - the politicians can somehow agree on what their salaries and pensions should be.

11. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

I hate the way our politicians are never or at best rarely held accountable to thier actions. We have had politicians caught frauding the EHealth setup and one of them resigned over it. She illegally gave millions of dollars in contracts to friends of her. When she resigned over this , one would think that criminal charges would follow but silly us. She was given $340,000 and since she was into politics for over six years , she will get a government pension.
    The rest of the people involved were transfered to other parts of the government, with one of them currently running for Mayor of Toronto.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmm...good point; looks like some or better accountability or conflict of interest legislation is overdue for the entire country.

accountability is big issue in my country too...

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What frustrates me the most is that the awesome idea of any decent citizen (no matter their race or monetary status or education) having the opportunity to be President has been taken to such a twisted liberal degree that America now has a morally inept politically-wrong unqualified man in that Seat.

12. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Did someone say they wanted "truth" in politics?

I mean come on, there is truth in politics already, what many do not realize is what is said is a lie...the truth is much worse.

Why do you think the politicians LIE/DISTORT what they say?

A prime example: The Federal Reserve Bank? It is believed my more than 50% of Americans that it is owned and operated by the Government, therefore they can print money whenever they want to.

This is a LIE and completely has no truth in it, except for the fact it covers up the truth that America is already a third world nation, yet no one realizes. How ironic is that?

13. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

What frustrates you most about political situation in ur country?

The fact that the citizens continue to permit the atrocity known as politics to run rampant without any form of control by the people.

The government has instilled nothing but fear in the eyes of the people and with present conditions(laws in place), the people have very limited power to change anything within the country's framework.

The fact that citizens are simply foolish, ignorant and afraid is absurd.

People should NOT be afraid of their government. Government SHOULD BE afraid of it's people.

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I am not frustrated as much as disgusted, politics is disgusting and always was, always will be.

15. Seakay profile image61
    Seakayposted 13 years ago

I must admit I was very surprised the Dems won the election.  I just hope we make it through the rest of Barak's term without much more damage.  Some of the Powers that be are not really the brightest bulbs on the block. 

HOWEVER, my main issue now is, what happened to our Freedom of Speech!  I say, bring Helen Thomas back!  We may not like what is said, but the right to say it is guaranteed under our constitution!  Remember that piece of paper that guarantees our civil liberties????

16. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

The most frustrating thing about the political situation in the United States is the lack of knowledge of the countries true history.  There are things that should be taught in schools that are completely disregarded.  If the people knew the truth of their place in society they would be outraged.  The corporate controlled indoctrination education system does nothing but try to produce taxable property.  The people need to demand their sovereignty and their rights as a free born person.  Stop consenting to be traded as the property that you are.  Recognize the straw man and demand to be treated as a person, not a government created corporation!

17. profile image0
    Chasukposted 13 years ago

In the United States, soundbites are perceived as a substitute for thought. I suppose that is my major political frustration.

I also despair at the polarization. Members of the left and members of the right each bring their own checklists into the polling booth, and vote accordingly. Politicians plot their careers based on surveys and demographics.

1. pisean282311 profile image62

polarization is major problem out here too..but here polarization occurs on basis of religion , caste and regionalization...

18. KKalmes profile image59
    KKalmesposted 13 years ago

My frustration comes from a Congress full of elected officials who have no intention of supporting the will of the people and the elected President of the United States. This is not just about conflicting ideologies... many of these men and women supported the very issues that are included in this president's agenda and now are suddenly opposed to them.

Some I believe are intolerant of his race, some I believe are furious that this young and talented political leader came out of nowhere and lead a nation into change winning the election by a populace landslide, some I believe are so opposed and frightened of change they can't be supportive for fear of losing their positions and bearings, some are jealous and small-minded, some are petty bigots, some are too old to remain in office because they are so far removed from today's political ideologies that they can't see the bigger picture requires change.

They show up to pick up their paychecks... I think they should show up to represent the needs of this great country of ours.

19. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

It is Obama and the dems who are governing against the will of the people.

1. KKalmes profile image59
      KKalmesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you figure, TMM... the man won the election with 69.5 million votes... you need to get past it and get your nose of that dog's @#$$...

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO - Thank you KKalmes.

Some people will NEVER be able to wrap their minds around the FACT that the PEOPLE of the USA elected an intelligent black man as POTUS.

1. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...an intelligent politician, that's noval...don't care what color he is. Most politicians today are more coniving. My opinion.

20. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Obama give most people plenty of reason to dislike him, saying that we do not like him because of his skin color is just another way causing contention. He may very well be an intelligent man but he has not yet shown that he intends to use his smarts for anything other than his or his friends personal gain.

1. KKalmes profile image59
      KKalmesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

President Obama has never played the race card and goes out of his way to ensure it is not played in his presence. Those of us outside the inner circle play it for him because we are closer to the more ignorant masses that do use the rhetoric and vitriol of racial bias and hatred.

lovemychris, you are exactly right... President Obama was left to clean up 8 years of political corruption and garbage, and while he is very aware of the time that it will take to make things right the programs that help relieve the immediate oppression of not working are constantly being enacted.

I have all the faith in the world in President Obama's abilities to make the changes needed and to turn the tide of economic repression we, below the top 5% of wage earners, are struggling with every day.

Try a little faith and give the man a fair opportunity... it's what we all want!

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am afraid with such a mindset you will keep struggling under any president and any economic environment.

2. KFlippin profile image61
        KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's an unintended joke of the tallest order, he played the 'race' card from the get go in his candidacy, even Bill Clinton would agree with that, and he played it badly as our President when the black professorial boob was arrested, and Obama, in his early glory, thought he could make a 'teaching moment' from valid police action.  A joke. 

And you clearly are not outside that circle, and if you were, and you are blatantly laying claim to playing the 'race card' for Obama in a game of poker with the American people -- well, shame on you.

Economic repression?  Eight years of Political corruption and garbage?  How funny. Keep working on that joke line.

3. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well if you insist on playing the race card then play it but it is a silly and useless generalization about people you know nothing about.
        I can choose to dislike anyone based on who they are and what they do but I am only a racist if the person I dislike happens to be not white. That makes no sense.

21. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

He helped me! And my friend at work! And two others I know who would have been destitute without the UE extension,,,and which that sour-puss repub was trying to block.

We're not his friends. Just the Invisible Americans he talked about.

Just ordinary working people who can't afford the high cost of living here, while the upper incomes soar.

That's all. Helping people who need help!

Sorry if that offends you.
    Sorry if that's un-American to you.
    To me--it's the America I grew up in, and which has all but dissappeared since Reagan.

I don't see Obama as gaining anything. Just a bunch of haters all around. Look at him! His hair is grey!

22. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

How much where you earning before you lost your job. How much are you earning on UC. I really do not need an answer I am just saying Yes he extended the length of time people are able to collect but wouldn't you be better off working?

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do work! I got a tax cut this year!!! First time in 10 years at my job....as did 95% of other Americans.

And sorry to have to explain this, but people would love to work....it's just that the jobs dissappeared for greener corporate pockets.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to have to explain this to you but I do work for a living. I do earn what should be a decent wage for anyone however since our government (not just Obama) sees fit to tell me how I must spend my money me and many like me are are struggling just to stay above water.
        More Government and more restriction on the working class is not the answer no matter how pretty the packaging is.

23. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

My frustration? Are Politicians really servants to the public as they are elected to be?

1. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you know the answer already.

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
        manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...but isn't odd that-that is the whole principle to thing? And...What they run on to get elected?

servants who emass wealth and enjoy luxuries while masters toil for bread and butter...

24. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

I am from India. Here the political situation is frustrating. My country is surrounded by enemies like Pakistan, Srilanka, most recently Nepal and Bangladesh. But the total population of all these countries are not even nearer to half its population. If he government is firm and committed to the welfare and security of its people, it would have swallowed all its enemies by now. But its way of dealing with neighbours is very ugly. While Pakistani backed terrorist come freely and commit terror attacks, the govt. just issues statement that "the terrorists will be dealt with". Then it is forgotten. This repeats relentlessly. If only the Israeli type response is shown, the terrorists are not going to stop their mischief. It is a pity that most of the minority people are ready to cooperate with the terrorists.
    This situation frustrates me very much.

Another one is lack of political clarity. I have a grand vision about India and I am 62. But a boy of 40 is allowed to go around the country, preaching whatever he thinks, even if its anti-people, just because he is the son of the former Prime Minister. With a political apparatus, backed by money power, they make the dreams of ordinary Indians vanish when they wake up. This also frustrates me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)