Are you allowed to be on Hubpages posing as an MD and your profile...

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

has a girl who was murdered as your profile pic??? I wasn't 100% sure at first but 99.9% since I followed the case every night and then looked it up. I can give you the same photo or her name if you want to look it up and that photo will come up online. I tried it because I was positive it was her. Her death was horrid and he is putting that as his profile picture for people to think it's his niece or something. It's sick!!!

He is also pretending to be a doctor with a cute 2 year old as a profile pic to sell items!! Since who better to buy from then a doctor. He's scamming people. I think he should be tossed. I'm so upset that someone would use people and a little girl like that. No where in his writings does he sound legit NOR does he write about her. Any of us could write that by looking it up.

Is it just me or is that just plain creepy and wrong, besides stealing peoples money because they think he is a doctor. Which he is not!!

Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also, I would have flagged his page but no one would know why I was doing it. So, I figured I would get some advice from you guys.

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Hey, girl!  It's good to see you.

This is really, really creepy - not just creepy, it is scary.  I think that you definitely should flag the profile and write to the HP staff as well. I have reported comments in a forum (which does allow for a place to add some information), and I sent an e-mail [I think! I actually forget!] which did allow for more information.  I'm going to stop writing for a moment and see if I can look up what I did, because you definitely need to report this.

EDITED MUCH LATER:  It is the box for reporting forum comments that allows for the extra information, not the forum itself, as the original post seems to say.

3. Aficionada profile image79

Go to this address and it will start a form.  It begins as a sort of questionnaire, but then you will get to a place where you can give more details.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

4. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I Am Here Posing as a Writer.
    Does that make me a fake and should you judge me? hmm
    There are lots here who are pretending to be something that we are not qualified at being!
    What is your Claim to Fame?
    You clearly consider that you are important as your name suggests that you are really good at something!
    I trust that being good at making derogatory remarks doesn't qualify! hmm

Now.....
    If that something is making a Public Personal Attack on another party here.. in which you are clearly attempting to interfere with the privacy of.. then you are not only outside of the site TOS agreement ... but you are also defaming an individual in a public forum.

That's Pretty Dumb Lifeallstar! roll

If your concerns are such that you feel that HP should not entertain the membership of a third party here.. then you NEED TO direct such concerns directly to Admin as opposed to looking for public acceptance of your potentially slanderous post.

Now...
    You've had some advice...

Maybe prudence will dictate your actions beyond now hmm

5. Aficionada profile image79

PD-Kiwi - I got the impression that Lifeallstar1 was asking what to do, rather than borderline slandering.  She did not name the person that she has concerns about.  Did you deduce who it was?  If so, you are ahead of some of the rest of us.

You are right that all of us pretend in some ways here; but there are certain professions that require credentials in order to practice them.  Writing doesn't happen to be one, but being a medical doctor is.  If some non-MD on HP is pretending to be a doctor in order to sell products, that is something the HP staff should look into, because there could be some real liability issues.  Maybe there aren't, but how will they know unless they look into it?

6. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Quite Right.

We Kiwis tend to tell it straight without beating around the bush! I decided a long time ago that I would never apologise for being straight up - it might hurt a feeling but it will be reliable and accurate!

What is being announced here is: A Hearsay Allegation: - Fluff that has no relevance, professionally, legally or ethically. Great Rumor material... and you are defending it at the same time as you are making a relevant point about medical ethics.
    Nothing Justifies the making of a Hearsay Allegation of anyone.. To many fathers have lost access to their children as a result of an ex partner making such allegations.. for example.

Deal in the Facts... Factually it is Not the OP's Right to make Hearsay remarks about anyone.... Irrespective of her/his age, gender or hair color!

Every person on this globe has the right to immunity from hearsay and innuendo. If each person respects that right then the world may be a better place in which people take the time to understand another's point of view objectively. Hear what I'm saying? hmm

There is a process here and as a newbie of only 7 weeks the OP should still remember the recent terms that she/he agreed to in joining HP. She/he should also remember that a simple rule of basic intel states that there are always 2 Sides to an argument!

Further... it may surprise many how easy it is to actually purchase such qualifications today from bone fide institutions - even in the US.

It's illegal to state you are a doctor if you are not, period! Then to sell products people might buy thinking the doctor knows best. Are you an attorney??? Didn't think so. I don't care what you have to say. You're wrong. How do you like that for straight up. Plus you forgot "race" in your little "age, gender, hair color" speech.

The so-called doctor can legally have the picture up, although ethically it's absolutely horrible and I didn't know if HP's would even want that. The little girl was murdered. They might want him to take it down, and take down that he is a doctor. I just didn't know how to contact them but someone thoughtful and helpful was able to give me the "Help" I needed in this forum, which it was named for.

I don't care how young, new, or whatever you say, that would not give be the same rights as others. You are not reliable and accurate, however, you did not hurt any feelings.

Btw, PearlDriver, the name that I chose has meaning to me, just like yours does to you. You ask me "What is your Claim to Fame?
      You clearly consider that you are important as your name suggests that you are really good at something!" I wonder what that is called??

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Please!!!
        You Clearly have a Raft of Issues and I'm not here to wear castoff immaturity or spiteful remarks!
        Take a Deep Breath and read my posts in context as opposed to the dizziness of defensive emotional retorts.
        You are intentionally avoiding the point here and determined to also avoid acting correctly protocol-wise.
        Personally Attacking me does not change the initial statement that you made. You are making an allegation against another party who irrespective of your stated circumstance does not need to attend your public Witch Hunt to answer to you! (Or Us).
        To now plead ignorance of the process merely shows that you pay little regard to how things are done here. In the top Right Hand corner of every page... if you take the time to look.. there is a button that says HELP.
        I ask you to Understand This: There have on numerous occasions here, been parties who have used our forums to discredit competitors, ex-partners and themselves! On every occasion their posts have been in a similar vein to this one! Comprende?

As for my personal qualifications - I think if you google my name (actual).. you may find that I am indeed legally qualified.. And As Such; suitably able to provide objective advice to anyone attempting to discredit another with hearsay allegations.

As I said earlier: Follow the correct proceedures and you will gain complete support from people... even me! hmm

From your Bio.. you state that we should not be surprised what comes out of your mouth.... I guess that's why we have laws Huh?
        We can Sue the Butts of those who Knowingly Defame Us lol
        Good Luck.... Quackery is clearly spreading throughout the Net.
        I Hope YOUR ducks float smile

7. Joe8943 profile image63
    Joe8943posted 13 years ago

Well Pearldiver it's kind of hard to make a hearsay allegation against someone when you don't even say their name.  She is simply asking for advice not slandering anyone, maybe if she stated it in a more vague manner or in hypothetical terms it would have made you happier about it.

To call it fluff as well is misinformed none of us but her know how she came to these conclusions and what information she possesses.

She posted in the "Need Help? Ask Here" because she needed exactly that and if she has proper evidence to support her claims I would recommend she flag them and let HP look into it.

Well Joe8943... It certainly is easy to follow the bouncy ball to find out who the 'cloaked' allegation refers to...

If you are going to refer to something that I have said.. Kindly do so in the factual context huh ? hmm

Thanks for your input. hmm

8. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

It shouldn't take long for anyone with decent computing skills to deduce who the OP is talking about; some would probably know this already. The allegations are serious indeed, and I tend to lean towards Pearldiver on this one.

9. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

In general, HP isnt going to make any preeminent strikes.

If someone who actually had a true claim to the picture used in the profile complained via the proper channels, perhaps something would be done.

Considering this is a worldwide site and forum, I wonder if you really can make a blanket statement like "its illegal to state you are a doctor if you are not, period" ... whose laws?

Im curious about that? Can you cite any laws? ..An actual Doctor has to be careful about how and where he/she dispenses advice ...but illegal for someone who is not a doctor to state they are an MD online? ..hmmm, there is an entire diet and exercise industry built around sham science ..Im not so sure that its an illegal activity, dating websites?   surely an ethical issue and perhaps a civil liability issue..but I wonder if its actually a criminal issue and I doubt its an enforcable criminal issue

In a medical way, not dating site.

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea what you mean. Im guessing no citations are forthcoming. Ill just continue being curious.

roll Evening J lol

10. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I was 'confronted' (being nice here) about my credentials and demanded that I give proof, etc. tongue It is not a nice action towards others and I didn't respond to the 'demands' since I don't have have to prove anything. It was a show of great disrespect but I won't stoop to somebody elses level in a 'prove yourself' interrogation - in public at that too! hmm proving oneself shouldn't be demanded of anybody and is true that anybody can be whatever they want online tongue but I rather be honest than deceitful. Way easier to live with myself.

I'm sorry you were confronted. I was asking a question on how to go about something and received the answer i needed. Sorry if everyone is so upset by it.

I have my reasons which I did not say, and I didn't make this decision on my own. I asked professionals first before even asking for advice on how to report something.

If it helps anyone, then I'm sorry but that's what matters. I do not think HP wants trouble, I don't want trouble (that is why I made sure first), and I don't want someone getting hurt. Sorry if I was trying to do the right thing. I wasn't trying to make enemy's.

11. Joe8943 profile image63

Pearldiver
    Nothing I said in my post was inaccurate and I felt I was being quite restrained in my response to your lengthy rant.

I am also sorry if you have all this time to start tracking down people who other people refer to in posts, sometimes I get lonely too but I choose more constructive uses of my time.

Thanks for your well thought out response, have a nice night.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It appears that simple request for clarification of what is actually allowed on HP has turned into a battlefield of words and accusations.

It would be nice if an admin or moderator closed the subject, since it appears that nothing new can be gained from it continuing.

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree.  Do you know if this has been reported for closing?  If not, please let me know, and I will do so.

2. Pearldiver profile image66

Well Mate...
      Restrained or not...
      I guess many of us are sick of immature or troll style games.
      There are just so many sock puppets in the forums you know!

Lonliness is not an affliction I suffer from mate... but thanks for your unwarranted concern. I'm not overly interested in your personal pursuits as I'm sure you aren't of mine...

But Hey... Nice to know you enjoy sparring lol

12. Joe8943 profile image63

I meant no disrespect, I guess our differing opinions got the better of us.  Sorry if I may have sounded mean in my response.

Have a good day

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)