If there is no God, then?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (75 posts)
  1. rmshdc profile image57
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

Some years ago, I read,

If there is no God, then men would create one!

Now, I want user input to this question: What if there is no God? roll

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think this thread topic has already come up a couple of times, but if there was no God, then things would probably be the same if not better, globally anyways.

If there was no God then chances are people would be accountable for their actions instead of blaming the big guys nemisis or even the big guy.

If there was no God, then people would probabaly be more grateful for the tiny amount of time that we have on the Earth.

If there was no God people would be thanking each other for their good deeds and questioning those in questions instead of thanking God and smiting "evil" doers.

If there was no God people would more likely feel more comfortable making possitive choices that have an effect on every body on the Earth.

If there was no God we wouldn't be so wasteful and corrupt.

If there was no God the world would be a happier place.

If there was no God, there would be no Satan.

If there was no God there wouldn't be people fighting over rocks.

If there was no God then peoples true colors would shine right through.

If there was no God maybe the money spent on churches would be spent on poor people to feed them or clothes them.

If there was no God, the Earth would probably be undivided. 

If there was no God then chances are there would be less reason to hate.

Man already created God in the image of themselves, not the other way around otherwise people would be loving each other and helping each other and this world would be heaven.

it's too bad really, I am sure there are, actually I know there are a lot of really decent loving God believers out there, but they are a drop in an empty bucket, not worth much more than what they can fill as an indavidual.

I certainly with there were more of them, but in all honesty they are like another species becoming extint do to the environment we have come so accustomed to.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There isn't and we did. big_smile

3. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well those that think there is no God will just start a godless religion.  It's called the religion of atheism.  If they think there is no God I don't quite get their communal behavior though.  Maybe they gather just to devise ways to attack those that believe there is a God.  Have you ever noticed how similar atheism is to marxism or communism?

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mr.Mike, you are correct.  Man has already created godless religions.
        Marxism or Communism are more or less religions.  But they wont accept truth.

My biggest doubt is: why is it necessary for us to worship god?  Cant we pull on without god?

When we say god created us, then who are our father and mother? What role they have in society?..... except creating us? 
        My doubt does not mean that I am atheist. Why not we worship our creators (parents) and protectors?...... is my question. When we see them (parents) in our own eyes, why should we bother about one which is eluding our eyes?... one which is described by some people according to their whims and fancies?

1. weblog profile image56
          weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My questions exactly smile

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why would someone invent such a thing as God?

Zero is such a crazy concept,
      Aryabhatta taught man there is no need to regret.

Man since ages has been coming across God. smile

Now, I want user input to this question: What if there is no God?
      I have come across god so me me there is no question about god not existing smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Man since ages has been creating god wink

1. mohitmisra profile image60

ha I wondered where you had gone wink

2. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

I firmly believe that there is no God, I believe 'religion' was a tool used in ancient times to place order to the uneducated and it has developed into many things for many cultures; each tweaking different aspects.

I also believe religion has brought many great things such as charity and regulations in this modern world; although this should not be confused as the work of God.

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image68
      TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The regulations of religion and man are what put us at odds with nature; left alone we do what is right not necessarily what people today or yesterday or, tomorrow think is right.  It is impossible to impeach the motives of religion while saving that which is the most heinous of all, the enslavement of man with laws.

Charity existed before religion and was nearly killed by religion; The Church is the AIG of religion brokering good deeds for a price.  Charity will fair much better once we cut the middle man out again.

TMG

3. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

If there is no God, then why are we? (here).
    Let's eat, drink and be merry, for "tomorrow we die". What does anything matter? Who cares anyway?

1. profile image0

To create one, hahahhahah!  Thought I would return the joke from back on the "apes" thread.  smile

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wondered if you read that, seeing my post stayed last for so long.
        How about the "who has your money" thread?

1. profile image0

I figure everyone already knows where that is going. So it wasn't too popular.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

We are here, because we are here. What does anything matter? I feel kind of sorry for you if the only thing that makes your life worth living is the thought that there must be a god, and there must be something after this.

What is wrong with living your life to the full and enjoying what you have? Why would that mean you don't care. I care and I know this is it.

3. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's not a bad idea at that.  To not live in fear is the ultimate in life.  A life of fear is what creates crap.  No crap then everything flows.

1. TravelMonkey profile image60
        TravelMonkeyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My point exactly Jewels, well put.

1. countrywomen profile image60
          countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

At a cursory level it seems ok but if one thinks deeply then the question does arise is that all their is to life.  As human life has to have a higher purpose than animals which are primarily focused on eating, sleeping, mating, and defending

Why? Because you are too important for there not to be? lol

I am not sure if anybody has done a study on Animals and their aspirations/satisfactions in life. But for humans just having food and all fulfill only the primary and secondary needs. Here is the list from Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_h … y_of_needs

Yes, very nice. Now take away all the ones at the bottom of the pyramid and see how important the others are. big_smile

Either way, these are all internal needs. Every single one of them. And many of them are an illusion, that can evaporate as quickly as it appeared. See divorce and foreclosure rates wink

How is this a "higher purpose.?"

Ok my point is when we (humans and animals) get our lower needs like food, shelter and so on taken care of even then are we satisfied or do we yearn for the purpose that myself as an Individual was born. Whether I was destined to be great composer of music like Mozart or Beethoven or a painter like Van Gogh or Picasso, Or a great philosopher like socrates or plato, Or a great writer like Shakespeare and so on. We just won't be satisfied until all our needs are fulfilled unlike animals whose needs mostly are instinct based.

Mark when I was in India I wanted to do my Masters in US and do some quality research (maybe contribute in some small way to the world after I leave). But now I am working just as a normal employee in a software company which wasn't what I thought I would do a decade back. Even in software their are great contributions from many greats but I am not cut out to achieve that greatness in this field. All my basic needs are met by this job but still not satisfied fully.

No, I understand. I strive to be emotionally satisfied as well as physically also. But if you were having to work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year to feed yourself and your family, how would you even consider this?

And I still don't understand how this is a higher purpose?

I mean, what value philosophy if you starve to death?

4. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

PS, What about Christmas then?
    Let's eat, drink and be merry, for "tomorrow", we celebrate Christmas.
    Best wishes to you all. Be safe! smile

1. profile image0

What about Christmas? 

Yes be safe, don't drink and drive!  smile

Sandra- You are too quick. I second you on that. I usually don't venture out on friday nights since I had a dangerous miss once when I was returning from a dinner party at a friend's place (which I am assuming the driver was drunk) big_smile

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

Are people naturally good or bad? If good, don't need religion.
    If bad do.

1. profile image0

I think we are naturally both.

1. Inspirepub profile image73
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think we are naturally neither.

To ask "Are people naturally good or bad?" is to ask "Are people naturally squamp or oglet?"

The question is meaningless until you understand the asker's personal definition of the value judgement words.

In this case, I would say that the naturally squamp don't need religion, but they are the only ones willing to pay for it.

Jenny

1. profile image0

ok, fair enough but I don't think we are naturally neutral. smile

6. TheMoneyGuy profile image68
    TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years ago

Evil is in the eye of the beholder, and then again so is good.  The problem is trying to boil the whole of the human into one of either of two words.  It isn't possible to be accurate, as most people make decision based on a complex of issues than can hardly be understood by someone else.

I like Game Theory on this one, you have to assume people will do what benefits them in most cases, and even acts of good are only done because the doer needs whatever it gives them.  But, alas what is good for you is evil for me.  Really it is very silly when you think about it, if you watched two 2 year olds discussing good and evil in the sand box it would be obvious, since you know some kids like hotdogs and some kids don't.

TMG

7. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

Catholic theologian Matthew Fox was invited to get the hell out of the Church for putting forth a theology of God as co-creator with man. The idea that we create God fascinates me, and I don't think it's all negative. Basically, our hopes and intentions gather steam and take on a life of their own at some point, both in physical reality and in our minds, consciously and unconsciously. I think even dispassionate observers can grant that that much is true. So the question becomes, "What kind of God are you creating?"

We've seen the kind of God right-wing Christians are creating: A petulant child-God who smites anybody who disagrees with his bizarre agenda.

I think we can do better.

Why would I worship THAT deity? If he were a person, I'd avoid him in the grocery store. If he was my boss I'd quit. If he was my husband I'd divorce him. But since some people claim he's God I'm supposed to respect the guy?

I don't think so.

1. kawheeta profile image61
      kawheetaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It seems that Christianty as a whole is a religion of fear.  God has been turned into the Booggy Man - "God is gonna get ya for that"  "Are you a God fearing man?"  They talk about a loving, careing, forgiving god, yet you need to fear him. I don't understand.  It is against  God's law to kill but holly wars are ok and God has distroyed the earth's population breaking his own rule.  Again I don't understand

1. Roseberry profile image60
        Roseberryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The fear you wrote about is not the Fear of the Lord!  Your writing about the fear that men created, God is loving and forgiving and wants us to come to him. He is the King therefore he deserves the reverence that a king would get. People love the king but also have fear him too! I am guessing when you say boggy man you are speaking about Satan. And there is much that still needs to be explained if you really want the truth and aren't just trying to egg on   

If you really want to know the real God Jesus Christ than I will be glad to introduce him to you!

Sorry, I have chopped the preaching out of your statement to emphasize this - You are contradicting yourself here.

Which is it - is he loving and forgiving, or do we have to fear the king? lol

This is a rhetorical question as you have already answered by saying that you must fear the king. Which, combined with your previous statement that the fear is man made, brings only one obvious conclusion -

God is man made.......... Oops. big_smile

The christian religion is big on fear while pretending to be loving. I have pointed out the obvious contradiction this creates, and have come up with a theory that this is why so many christians are ill all the time. You cannot believe god loves you, when you have to fear him and spread that fear and hatred at the same time. It is impossible to reconcile this, and thus causes a lot of stress. This is called cognitive dissonance and causes you to feel conflicted and deny what your heart tells you, thus making you sick.

Are you feeling all right? Have you considered the alternative to feeling this conflicted all the time? There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for how we came to be that does not cause this stress in you and does not involve the stress of hating while pretending to love.

I would be happy to show you the light if you are interested in becoming whole again. My life has improved dramatically since I discovered the good news. smile

One does need to fear God means no one is spared of his karmic consequences-it comes back to you smile

8. knolyourself profile image60

"They talk about a loving, caring, forgiving god, yet you need to fear him. I don't understand." The assumption is that the natural born self is imperfect and evil. People have to adopt a more perfect self, as your created god, for their own good. One can use persuasion as force, monetary reward or threat of punishment. Because people are so imperfect, as to not know what is good for them, these things are justiifed.

9. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

If there is no God then the meme based power structure and neural pathways relating to teleological occult concepts and the accompanying set of linguistics used to express such concepts will be seen for what it is by some people: an illusion that establishes a fiat based power structure grounded in said concepts meant for the "saved", "enlightened", "privileged few", or "chosen". 

As there is no "god" this holds true and some people will see it.  Yes it is a major let down, yes you do get angry for awhile, but you learn to accept and let go of teleological ways of thinking which the evidence does not indicate.  The evidence indicates that function is following form.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Even if there is no God, the world will function normally as ever before.. may be with more clarity!  All the human differences are due to religions and their own gods. If anyone hates me for my religion and god, then why should I like them? ... and waste time...?   
    For more details, please contact Mr.Mark Knowls.

11. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Glad we could agree Venugopal.  Yeah we all have doubts but ...  countrywomen poses some good questions in this thread giving reason to believe in God, at least they do to me.

Mr.Mike, it will take some more generations for Indian women to get self-confidence and eventual fair analysis of creation of gods, their necessity, their purpose, etc.

12. Siu profile image54
    Siuposted 15 years ago

I once heard, “ If you believe in God and at the end there is no God, you lose nothing. But if DON'T believe in God, and at the end there is God, then you lose everything”. Think about it. smile

So generally speaking, you say “if there is no God then people will create one”? They already have. Every religion has some sort of god, and most people believe in their god mainly because of how and where they were raised.

But here's the kicker, a lot of people say that religion is something that humans came up with as a solution for “Fill in the blank with your latest idea”. Some would even say that the need for a god is sort of coded in our brain. Well then, if it's something coded in our brain then what does it say about the one who created us? That He wants you to seek Him, your choice smile

Most people would also go along the lines and agree that there is such thing as good and evil, but if you believe in good and evil, then you must believe in a moral law in which good and evil can be defined, and if we have a moral law, then we must have a moral law giver, but that's the person whose existence you are questioning; God.

You know, if you study anything in this world, be it biology, astronomy, or anything in science, you would come up with at least 1 conclusion, there is an unbelievable amount of complexity. Complexity demands design, it does not happen by itself.

At this point in time, I would conclude that the question of God's existence is totally irrelevant; He exists. Therefore, the question you should be asking yourselves is which god is the real god, since we have so many religions claiming one.

Last but not least my friends, for the record, religion doesn't save you, and church doesn't save you. Seek, and you shall find. smile

-Siu

lol

Just exactly how did you come to this false conclusion?

Because what you are really saying is, "I am incapable of conceiving any other scenario than the one I have already decided to believe, therefore this is proof that I am right." lol

Read "The Blind Watchmaker." by Richard Dawkins.

You made up whichever god you believe in. And from my perspective, all these beliefs are are silly as each other, so no need to pick through them to see who has invented the correct god.

Happy fsmas.

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like his autobigraphy. lol

I saw his tv docco, the "great delusion" lol lol lol
        He was ssssoooo convincing (not)!, till near the very end. Then he filled the last two minutes with total drivel, fantasy and fairy tales. It was not worth the "free" air time it got.

And you guys "follow" him hmm hmm

2. Siu profile image54
        Siuposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That statement was meant to go against the typical scientific notion that {nothing + time + chance = you}.

I'm not telling you am I right, therefore, believe everything I tell you. In fact, I can be totally wrong, as much as you could be wrong.

Now, you say my conclusion is false, prove it. tongue Have you studied any of the subjects I suggested?
        Go to Google Video and search for 'Intelligent Design - Unlocking The Mysteries Of Life', it's a very nice documentary displaying scientific evidence of “intelligence” behind design in a microscopic level. I don't think we need to go that deep, but it's intriguing. smile

From science, we have gathered an immense pool of information, let us not hand pick the things to our likings, but rather look at ALL the information as a whole.

Truth is, a person in denial will always be in denial. I cannot change your mind my friend, but what I wish to accomplish is for you to open up your mind and look at both sides of the “argument”.

I agree that there have been silly beliefs in History of man kind, but how about that fact that most, if not every, generation did in fact believe in sort of god. What would this indicate about humans? That we are silly and delusional?!

Don't you owe it to yourself to look for truth? I mean, if there is a God, why wouldn't you “try” to find out if His existence is indeed true. You're already here on this forum, you're not too far away. Are you humble enough to get down in your knees and pray to God with sincerity that if He does exist to please reveal Himself to you, or do you have too much pride for such act?

If you look at Him, and all His glory and choose to deny it, and proclaim that He doesn't exist, I would then have no more words to share with you my friend. I truly hope you don't remain deceived.

In the attempt to remain in topic, if there is no God, then nothing has meaning, but if there is God, wouldn't you ask yourself why He made you?

-Siu

Sui -

lol

There still are silly beliefs. You are advocating one of them right now.

I can only show you the irrationality of your beliefs. It is up to you to accept that and live a fuller life.

I do not believe in god. My life has no less meaning than yours.

I have not quoted the rest of your argument because it makes no sense and boils down to the same two statements:

"Life is really complex. Therefore it was created by a god."  lol

"My life has no meaning if it just ends and there is nothing else. Therefore there must be a god." lol

None of which make any sense to me. Sorry you are unable to see how sad that is for you.

Humble enough to get down on my knees? Oh, you are one that thinks I have to "humble" myself. Awesome ! lol

Are you humble enough to admit that your life is so empty you had to make up an invisible friend to keep you company and fill the void in your life? No need to get down on your knees.......

1. Siu profile image54
            Siuposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Discussion is one thing, arrogance is another. I'm sorry if anything I say makes no sense to you. I'm humble enough to put myself on this same situation so that you can have your pick on me. I have made my comments in sincerity and apologize if you're offended, but I don't apologize for truth. My life is totally wonderful, but this isn't about me. smile

I wish nothing but blessings to you all.

-Siu

lol

What truth? lol

Your truth is, at best entertaining, at worst condescending. But thanks for the input. I wish you nothing but happiness with your imaginary friend.

I am not offended any more than anyone would be when told that they need to get down on their knees and pray to god for him to reveal himself. lol lol

No, no, what gave you that idea? lol

2. profile image0
          Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Science is based in methodological naturalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalism_(philosophy)

Quotes:

This is generally referred to as metaphysical or ontological naturalism. Another basic form, called methodological naturalism, is the epistemology and methodological principle which forms the foundation for the scientific method. It requires that scientific hypotheses are explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events.

End Quote

Science is based on methodological naturalism which means that that hypotheses be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events.  Intelligent Design does not adhere to the standards of methodological naturalism on which the entire foundation of science is built.  It simply tries to bypass these things by arguing in the schools the hypothesis that the universe and or humankind has teleological origins: as in it was designed or  we were designed.  Since such a hypothesis regarding the universe cannot be tested and no evidence of a scientific sort can be empirically used to prove such an hypothesis, science has nothing to say about such a hypothesis except to say that it cannot be empirically tested.

Christians cannot have their cake and eat it too.  On the one hand Christians want to claim that there is no proof for the existence of "God" and that you just have to have "God" revelaed through faith but then on the other they want schoolchildren to be taught that a seemingly omnipotent being of one sort or another "created" the universe.  This is very dishonest and quite frankly they can learn that kind of stuff at their Sunday School.  They do not need to be taught that non-falsifiable opinion in a PUBLIC SCHOOL SETTING.  This is what happens when Christians confuse philosophical arguments made by Aquinas, Plato, and others for the existence of an Uncaused Cause or other things, with the methodological naturalism inherent in science.  The end result is that Christians want children to be taught IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL that an intelligent being could have created them and that this is a valid scientific theory when such questions are clearly not even close to answerable by science or it's methods, (and as far as aliens I will discuss that at the end of this post).  They belong in the rhealm of philosophical discussion and nowhere else, certainly not being taught in schools.

As I said, Christians cannot have their cake and eat it too.  When you abandon the very foundation of science you abandon the ability to keep up technologically with the rest of the world and your priorities shift because science or no science "God" will take care of you.  Seeing as how there are many Christians who believe the second coming of Christ could be preceded by Nuclear Warfare and the total or almost total destruction of the human race, then I only think it is appropriate that foreign countries take it to be their duty to scuttle our nukes and treat us as we treat various Islamic regimes in regards to Nuclear Weapons if we decide to abandon the very foundations of science as a country by allowing this kind of dishonest legislation to pass and come into effect.

The theory of evolution IS supported by evidence, it just isn't supported by various dogmas that some Christians believe in.  Quite honestly I don't see where the threat to "God" is.  If there were a "God" then evolution could simply be a part of his "plan" to bring humankind to know him and could be compared to someone rolling the dice to get a game of Yahtzee started (except it would be "God" and he would roll his dice for us and the Big Bang and evolution would be the result of that momentum and action).  The problem lies with believers who aren't satisfied with their ability to teach the dogma of Intelligent Design in Churches in the variation known as The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and the genesis account, they must also have the ability to teach this in public schools as well and have it rubber stamped as "science".  It is not science and can never be science, because it doesn't hypothesize based on natural phenomenon (which is a prerequisite for science as I just explained), instead it hypothesizes based on supernatural phenomenon under a thinly veiled disguise.  The argument that we could have been "created" by aliens has no scientific evidence for it whatsoever and Christians try to use this as a trojan horse to violate Separation of Powers so that they can gain more influence.

Also, in the above quote "Natural causes and events" would only apply to Extraterrestrial entities in the case there was clear EMPIRICAL evidence that this was so.  However there is not clear evidence that this is so.  In fact, there is NO evidence that this is so.

* Deep, God-like Voice *

Zarm Neflin - Keeping the Christians Honest

Merry fsmas Zarm. May His Noodly Appendages always be with you..... big_smile

2. maestrowhit profile image61
      maestrowhitposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ. If you believe in God and in the end there is no God, you've lost your entire life!

Any religion and God are only belief. No loss or no gain should be expected from God belief.
        Then it will be like commercialisation of religion or god belief. It should be only for peace of mind and charitable thinking only.

1. TravelMonkey profile image60
          TravelMonkeyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What about people who give their lives in the name of their god?

On the one side, it may be due to the fact that their god has denied the right of their own existence...

On the other side, they may have felt that they have wasted their life in god belief and had not found anything worthy of their belief.

As per their own belief, god has created them. By killing themselves, they are acting against their own god which amounts to blasphemy.  They will only go to hell !

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Intelligent Design is a theory created by a bunch of Creationists in order to get their 'God centered' curriculum into American public schools.  To this end, it isn't a very legitimate theory of anything.  Nobody of serious mind is going to pay attention to such stuff.  Be it an atheist, agnostic, or a person of any sophisticated faith.

That's cool though, as everyone has a right to their own beliefs.  I'm good as long as I'm not being told what I should believe by any institution (ie, public schools).  smile

14. knolyourself profile image60

"Intelligent Design is a theory created by a bunch of Creationists in order to get their 'God centered' curriculum into American public schools." Good thought. We just had a faith based presidency and see where that got us.

If your reference is to President Bush then I would like to say that till Bush proposed to invade Iraq we in India thought of him as another great President after President Clinton (who although had certain personal failings) had a great trip to India and impressed everybody. He was hailed as able successor to Mr.Clinton (who was a Rhodes scholar went to Yale and Oxford) followed with Mr.Bush (who was a Yale and Harvard MBA graduate and also personally is a tea totaler).  I don't know many things about Bush and besides the Iraq war what else are his shortcomings? And is it justified that so many people are blaming him for all that is wrong (many of which could be beyond even his control). I am just trying to look at President Bush objectively.

15. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 15 years ago

Truth may be acknowledged through the exploitation of common sense…however, some in the religious community seem unable to accomplish this simple task…

16. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

Ramen Mark.

Ramen. big_smile

17. knolyourself profile image60

If you believe in Bernie Madoff and at the end there is no money, you lose nothing. Not hardly.

18. profile image56
    fun2hubposted 15 years ago

Is there no God then?

19. lionswhelp profile image68
    lionswhelpposted 15 years ago

No God? Are you a fool?

"For only a fool says in his (or her) heart, 'Their is no God'." Thet are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one that does good. The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men (and daughters) to see if there are any who understand, and any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have  all together become corrupt there is no one who does good, not even one. Will evildoers never learn - those who devour my  people as men eat bread and who do not call not on the Lord? There they are overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous. You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor but the Lord is their refuge. Oh, that the salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the Lord restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad Psalm 14:1-7.

The apostle Paul said, " I am not ahamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jews and then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written; the righteous will live by faith", Romans 1:16.

The Apostle also said, "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known abouit God is plain to them that, because God made it plain to them. For since  the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understod from what was made, so men (and women) are without excuse, Romans 1:18-20."

"For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but there thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were dsarkened. Although they claimed to be wise (evilutionist and atheiest, etc.) and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles Romanws 1:21-23."

"Therefore God gave them over to the sinful desire of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another ( homosexuality, men with men and women with women Romans 1:26-32). They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, an worshipped and served created things rather than the creator - who is forever praised. Amen, Romans 1:24-25."

This has been done to you by Satan the devil, Revelation 12:9. But through God's grace you can be saved if you choose to do so, Ephesians 2:1-10. You can be brought near to God, you do not have to be foriegners and aliens but fellow citizens with God's people, Ephesians 2:11-22. All you need to do is repent and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, be baptized and receive the Holy Spirit and your lives can be changed, Acts 2:38-39. Then with the gifts of the Holy Spirit you to can understand where you are at in your relationshp with God. You can have the faith to understand, John 14:16,25-27 1 Corinthians 2:8-16.. Read the Book and seek the way of understanding, Proverbs 2:1-11. There you will learn the truth because the righteous  understand the truth and have the faith to believe there is a saving God, Hebrews 11:1-3, John 14:6-7.

The lionswhelp

20. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

No human being can be a fool.  If there is one, he would also have been created by your God.
    Is God not common to all ?  Then what interest have you to argue for God ?   Only self confident people can deny God....  no fool has the guts to deny God.  There are more than a billion fools (as per your perception) in communist countries..  Go there and you can see God directly..... Or they will show you. !

21. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

There is and will always be A God! God is what ever you may choose it/him/she to be. Maybe your God is Elvis? Maybe it's your money, your Art, or maybe Charles Manson? The universe? Who knows?
    But if there is no God that's fine I reckon, so everyone can just do what the heck they want and drink, be merry for tomorrow you die. But that sure kills a whole world of religion and agnostics would be happier writing about some things more important. Or would they?

22. Roseberry profile image60
    Roseberryposted 15 years ago

If and I strongly say if there was no god, man would make themselves god. Many do now! And whether they call somethings god things can and are made into gods. Anything or one that you worship becomes your god.

Yes man can fuse with god and become god- man. smile
      This is what is required by every human being smile

23. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

According to Mark, the 'convicted'
    are wholly confused and conflicted.
    Their turmoil within
    revolves around sin
    and guilt that is all self-inflicted!

Happy New Year, Mark, Mohit & Co.

lol

Happy New Year to you and yours also smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Sorry just read this have a great year Paraglider,Mark and all smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)