The Great Flood and Noahs` Ark

Jump to Last Post 51-60 of 60 discussions (296 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Time for more of the sky fary's luv!

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked.  Show no mercy; have no pity!  Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.  But do not touch anyone with the mark.  Begin your task right here at the Temple."  So they began by killing the seventy leaders.  "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded.  "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill!  Go!"  So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."  (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

God Kills all the First Born of Egypt

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed.  Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died.  (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Kill Old Men and Young Women

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD.  "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms.  With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer.  With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens.  With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers.  "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD.  "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth!  I am your enemy," says the LORD.  "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights.  When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble.  You will be desolate forever.  Even your stones will never again be used for building.  You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.  (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter.  So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins.  I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted.  (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Psychosis as  "truth" lol

1. alternate poet profile image66
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You is goin to hell !!!   can you make sure they get the beer well chilled for when I arrive big_smile

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is absolutely the most Bible quotin athiest I have ever encountered. smile and hope there is beer for me too. lol lol

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Earnest, what is with the anti-hebrew/anti-Semite Torah scripts? You are constantly quoting Torah, without understanding it. Is it because that 'old time religion' is still in your blood from years of self imposed doctrine or a simply a dry aged racism at work? I am genuinely curious.

They're not my scripts, so not my fault if you find them to be anti anything! lol

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Earnest do you carry a Bible everywhere? big_smile

I have 5 bibles! I used to be a god botherer, then my brain grew! lol

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

earnestshub said Time for more of the sky fary's luv!

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked.  Show no mercy; have no pity!  Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.  But do not touch anyone with the mark.  Begin your task right here at the Temple."  So they began by killing the seventy leaders.  "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded.  "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill!  Go!"  So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."  (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)Kill Men, Women, and Children

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Jerami said    I'm not going to check now but I'm pretty sure that this was seen in a vision as if in prophesy???

That is pretty much what was happening through out the streets in Jerusalem for a coupla years before Titus and his army came to put down the revolt and civil wars that was going on at the time.    According to Josephus

4. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Yes I believe the bible but I believe a little differently than some. I don't think the whole earth was populated at the time of Noah. So why flood the whold earth, maybe only part of the earth was flooded. I mean all the species of animals that are on the earth could not fit on one ark. Some were probably never on the ark as they were in a place that did'nt flood.  Like polar bears, in the antartic that sort of thing. Sometimes people take the Bible so literal that they don't think through the fact that God does things in a natural way. Not so sensationalistic as people want to believe. At least that's what I believe, I could be wrong and that's okay, I don't think God would hold that against me. I really don't think it matters how we believe things happened as long as we Believe in Him.

5. Jerami profile image59

Bruce_Leiter   ask ...   
    And Adam did not have another wife besides Eve.  Where did you get those ideas,
    ============
      Actualy The way it is written, my KJV could be seen as backing that up.
       God creaded Man and woman 
       And  a few verses later it says that God made man  and then formed woman  out of a rib ??? 
       It doesn't say specifically ? but does leave that posability open??
       Also I think that it specifically says so in the book of Enoch (Enoch ??)

6. Jerami profile image59

Concerning scripture saying that the "whole earth" was flooded?

We need to examine the word that "Whole earth" was translated from; or at the very least look at our definition of what this means.

Nebeuchadnezzar had dominion over the earth.

King Cyrus anounced in Ezra that God had given him kingship over the whole earth.

Neither did; Not the whole earth, they did have dominion over the whole known civilization from their prospective.  Or something like that anyway.

7. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I suppose the reference to Adam having more than one wife was concerning his first, Lilith!  And yes, the biblical flood was fiction unless you fall back on the old "if god wanted to do it this way he could" garbage!  And some hopeless adherents still do so!

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I love the bit where only Moses and his family remain, yet they visit some people in a village! lol

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love all the in-breeding that must have happened to propogate biblical story lines - kind of explains kristians though dunnit ! big_smile

9. profile image54
    pladecqalvoposted 13 years ago

1) A barge large enough to hold the necessary numbers of animals and plants could not have been constructed by a few men with the materials and engineering available at the time. Not even today, with modern shipyards and engineering, could it have been built to sustain the legendary weather. This is easily demonstrated and calculated. Numbers don't lie.

2) The known requirements of successful reproductive ecology mandate that a species type being re-introduced requires a minimum sustainable startup population. Logical, right? Two ain't enough. Usually, this is in the 20 to 50 pair range (40 to 100 of each type), more for some sensitive species. No such numbers were claimed for the Ark's on-board population. Just a nicey-nice kiddie's fairy-tale "two by two". Utter silliness on it's face! And then there's this....

3) We now know (by count, not speculation) there's at least 35 - 40 million types, as in unique species, of organisms, reproductively isolated, on this planet. We also know there's at least that many again we haven't yet catalogued. Couple this with the usual requirement for at least 75% of them to have a male & female available for sexual reproduction, and the requirement from point #2 above, let's conservatively say 20 pairs of each, means, well, a REALLY BIG NUMBER of animals onboard. Actually, about 600 million minimum. No way around it. Impossible.

4) A global flood would devastate the landscape for, literally,decades. The salinity issues and vegetation ruination would be incalculable, and essentially makes this entire exercise in fantasy quite impossible. All marine and freshwater organisms would have been killed off. Talk about an ecological disaster!

5 Dinosaurs were not vegan, but even if they were, their food consumption (let's say 20 pairs of breeding brontosaurs) would exceed the carrying capacity of the barge. That's for them alone. And of course, then there's absolutely no mention of dinosaurs post-flood, or where they all went. Know why? The authors had no knowledge of dinosaurs; they'd long before gone extinct.

6) The original authors, not understanding any of this factual scientifically valid stuff, merrily concocted an allegory simply to make a point about obedience to a god's will. Their entire life-long world-view extended about 5 miles from their hometown, and the entire colourful Ark story was never intended to be taken seriously.

10. Jerami profile image59

How many times in scripture has the term the entire earth been used when everyone knows that Babylon, Persis, and Greece did not have dominion over the whole planet even though it is said that they had dominion over the whole earth???

I think that the words "whole earth" in these instances are pretaining to a smaller area such as; maybe, .. Israel ..???

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So - you are now a fan of "interpreting" it to mean what u want it to mean? Good for you Jerami. I don't blame you - otherwise it is meaningless garbage and proves there ain't one. lol

DeAR ME. rULE FOR U AND ONE ROOL 4 EVERY 1 ELSE HUH? lol

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On several occasions it is said that King Cyrus was given dominion over the whole earth.

Nebeuchadnezzar had dominion over the whole earth.

I didn't know that Cyrus or Nebeuchadnezzar ruled over south America or the North Pole  or Australia.

Do you know something that I don't??

Unless you do? I would have to say that "the whole earth" should have been translated a little differently.

I don't understand your wanting to argue with what seems to be LOGICAL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)