Fools

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

If many fools believe that a thing is true?
        If many Fools believe that that this thing is not true?

Is it not foolish for a wise man/woman to argue with a fool ?

A fool and a wise man argueing on the street corner look and sound just alike;.....to the passers by!

If I am TRULY convinced that I am wise and the person that disagrees with me is a fool?   Why does it bother me for a fool to disagree with me?   He is just a fool! It Don't mean nuttin !

If it bothers  YOU  that  I believe  the way that I do?

You must have doubts about what you believe!!
        Or it wouldn't bother YOU ..what.. I believe!

Fools argue with Fools ever day someplace in the world!

Is anyone really wanting to have an exchange of ideas? 
       Or does everyone want to fight ???   and argue ????

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61
      bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is what we humans do, we have opposing veiws. Sometimes we argue for sport.Even when we argue there is an exchange of ideas.Never doubt that words and ideas penetrate the mind and the psyche of the doubter... nor the presumed "wise man/woman."

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I keep hopin that my head aint to hard to soak in what is needed.

Also hope that I am watering the grass and not just pi---ng on it.   Don't the dead grass to be my fault.

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61
          bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally,I soak it all up like a seive.

Yea but we gotta watch out for the lumps in the oatmill.

Don't wanna swallow everything that everybody wants to feed ya.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"And if he says that he's a wise man...It surly means that he don't know"...KANSAS

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Why do fools fall in love?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the same reason they rush in

Cause they can????

2. Jerami profile image58

Cause the think that they need to go someplace else ?????

3. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do birds sing? smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only those which do not mate for life sing!

3. Jerami profile image58

did I get them two crossed  ???  Maybe ???

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's a fools paradise.

We know it is but we don't know how to find it. 
          I almost found it one....   running so fast I couldn't stop in time.   had to go all the way around the block to get back to it and it had moved,   Maybe next time???

4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

a proverb says 'the fool doesn't care whether he is right or wrong, he just wants to show how clever he is' so I guess the wise man wouldn't be arguing much in the first place

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Hey Fool!! Said Mr T

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He also said "pity the fool" big_smile

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes and "I aint goin on no plan Hannibal!"

I need all the pitty that I can get.....

Poor poor pitiful   ME !!

Were the people who tried to keep their loved ones from going to Jonestown fools?  Do you think some wished they had argued with them more?

Caint fight the rain or hold back the river..

But sometimes we can slow it down a bit.

Sometimes a bit is all that it takes.

And sometimes ???   ya gotta let the bird fly...

And sometimes it comes back for the corn.

I'm sure that comforts the families of the suicide victims very much.  I do not care about the adult fools who believed and followed that religious wacko, but the children were innocent. 

This is why I dislike any form of christianity or any other religion which uses blind faith as its catalyst and ancient novels to control their lives.  This is worth arguing against if only for my own piece of mind.

Well I guess that I am doing the same thing!!!

But I am doing it a bit differently.

DO You as I;  ever feel foolish argueing with a rock,brick wall etc.    But are we not all a brick wall of sorts??

Not the same, Jerami!  How many people can you say for certain have been saved from going to hell by Christians?  Not just hearsay, but actual proof! 

No, we are not all brick walls!  Some consist of putty in the hands of controlling influences.  Jonestown, The Crusades, Salem Witch Trials, The Inquisition, etc.  all religious farces perpetrated by well meaning ignorant christians following the words of that fictional novel!  And it continues because some people can convince themselves they know what god wants.

You read my mind, how cool is that???

6. bsscorpio8 profile image61
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

The innocent and the fool can pass for twins.

Oh SSssooooo true

7. Jerami profile image58

The Crusades, Salem Witch Trials, The Inquisition, etc.  all religious farces perpetrated by well meaning ignorant christians following the words of ...A Man ...who they called their spiritual leader.

Yes there is such of a thing as BLIND followers of many different kinds of con artists; ....     Not just religious.

A blind man will follow anyone when he is hungry and someone says that they are going to the cafateria.

The bling man may end up in a dark alley ...  that don't mean that the cafateria does not exist.

And what was the results of those following their spiritual leader in those mentioned cases, Jerami?  Oh, but they meant well!

I think that I'll let God sort it out.

I think that if God wants to take me home tonight;  He might send one of them over hear.

"I think that I'll let God sort it out."

That's what the followers of their spiritual leaders, doing the murdering and torturing in the aforementioned religious sponsored events, thought they were doing too.

As far as the crusades are concerned;  I think most of them was thinking about what they were going to get out of it.

Salem ?   probably more political.

Jim Jones...  crazy ...  his followers waited too long to get out.

God took them all home.

I cannot agree with you there either, Jerami.  The crusaders followed their spiritual leader's words, convincing themselves they were doing god's work and perhaps obtaining treasure as a reward for doing so.  The same reasons always used and still being used today.

Cotton Mather, a minister whose father and grandfather were also ministers, chose those he could influence to judge the innocents murdered as witches.  Even a child of four was imprisoned and mentally damaged because of the stupidity and ignorance of those arrogant enough to claim knowledge of god's intent.

And all because of the fictional words of illiterate, superstitious men.  Nothing changes these type of people's minds, especially logic and common sense.  Not political, just plain stupid!

8. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

....don't gimme no back talk.... says who?

9. bsscorpio8 profile image61
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

"The innocent when in doubt check things out, but the fool...cha."
    Linton Kwesi Johnson

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)