Charlie- aka Rawlus

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (63 posts)
  1. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

I was shocked to see his hubs are all gone. Has he left on his own accord? anyone know, I will miss him.

saddlerider1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Correct spelling sorry, Ralwus

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I just checked too. Darn it what happened?

I read a heart felt poem he left as his last. He said he was going to get smashed for a few months, so something dramatic is going on for sure in his life or did HP cut him?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure he did nothing to violate TOS.. sad to see someone so talented take his hubs down. sad sad 
        I wish I could have read his poem.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There certainly must be something dramatic going on to take all his hubs out of circulation. I wish he had at least left his last poem.

I read his last poem but I just went back to see if I could copy and paste and place here, but it's gone to. WOW..is all I can say, I loved his poetry. Sure it was raunchy and dark at times, buy hey he has a poet's heart :0(

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

May be something to do with this? http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/42950

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The last post made on that two months old thread is 3 weeks old. I don't see a reason why would someone leave HP for a death in family, especially when after that he has recovered.

I agree, he also just a few days accepted me and Wayne Brown and 50 Calibre as freinds on Facebook and today I see he is no longer on Facebook either or at least he has removed himself from being a friend. I sent an email off to Wayne as they were both bantering funny poems back and forth to each other this past week.

2. saddlerider1 profile image59

That was the tragic loss of his sister a few weeks ago. He came back after that and wrote lots of hubs, I don't think this is the reason he's gone. After reading his last poem, it was very upsetting and he was swearing a lot in it and saying like they did him in and wished all us hubbers the best and he was going to go get blasted for a few months, so something else has upset him for sure.

4. Flightkeeper profile image67

I hope he's going to be okay. That doesn't sound too good.

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

That thread was from two months ago when his sister passed away. I e-mailed him he will always be my bud. I will let you know when I hear from him, but it is truly not like Charlie to completely disappear unless something deeper is transpiring.

6. Freya Cesare profile image76
    Freya Cesareposted 13 years ago

Where is Charlie? sad

7. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 13 years ago

You're right saddlerider - he seems to have taken himself off FB too - have mailed him. Hope he's OK!

8. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

sad

9. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

Oh, no--I pray he's not ill again... sad

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I  really  appreciate the kind comments he left for me, and I wish him the peace he is looking for.

10. tonymac04 profile image71
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

I'm just hoping for the best - I love that guy, really! Hope to see him back again soon. Actually wanted to go back to his latest posting this morning as I had read it but not commented yet.
    Hope he replies to you, AEvans. Plese let us all know.

11. Arthur Windermere profile image69
    Arthur Windermereposted 13 years ago

I just noticed Ralwus gone as I was preparing to add him to my list of favourite HubPages poets. I hope everything's alright and that eventually, when he's worked out his issues, he comes back. Terrible thing about the internet is you care about the people you meet as you care about anyone else, yet they can just vanish on you like they can't in 'real life'.

12. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

Just wanted to bump this up--has anyone heard from Charlie yet?

Tammy

13. Flightkeeper profile image67

Nope, AEvans is trying to reach him but we haven't heard from her either.

14. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/profile/ralwus

he published a hub today...

15. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

There are 3 hubs posted there.  Charlie, your postings sadden me.  I do hope you're doing ok.  Take care of yourself.

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, the last poem is quite unnerving....
      If you read this Ral, know that I've loved your poems, and hope you'll let them live on...
      do take care... always x

p.s. please if u can, do watch the movie Society... it's for you.

2. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same goes for me, too, Charlie...I hope you'll come on here and let us know how you are...

~~hugs~~

Tammy

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Charlie, I hope you read this! I've searched for your phone number but can't find it. We're very worried about you! If you still have my number, feel free to call if you wish to talk.

We all love you!!

17. Flightkeeper profile image67

Ralwus! U r back but it's not really you. Sweetie, I hope you have someone to talk your troubles with. Come back to us when you're ready.

18. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I really understand, Charlie.  really.  love is real and we feel it for ya! love, Meg

19. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I will miss you Charlie. Good luck! smile

20. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I just checked his profile page, too.  The wonderful madman has done this before, he chooses to take down his previous stuff and reinvent himself.  Now his avatar is a sea creature and he has 3 published hubs.  I am still listed as a fan.
    I'm pretty sure he's okay and definitely still here. smilesmile

21. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I looked again, and it's not a sea creature.  Something neon, I guess. smile

22. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

OK, Charlie!  You're starting to piss me off now! Enough with the dreary poems if you can't tell anyone here anything about your problems!  This is making everyone here feel bad!  Spit it out, dammit! 

Randy

23. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Have you noticed that the comment capsules are all turned off on his new stuff?

Yes I read his three hubs but could not comment. Something fishy going on in hub city:0) or is Charlie playing with our minds again:0)) Come out come out wherever you are my Charlie friend.

24. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I think Charlie is a bit of an eccentric. He is probably sitting back sipping his beer scratching his whatever and wondering what all the fuss is about.

25. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

i'm so sorry

some people seem to search for sorrow,
    i have had it thrust upon me.
    some are vengeful with it,
    i simply have accepted it as a way.

don't people realize there is
    so little time?
    and for them to mutilate it
    all their life
    like that . . .
    there is never a way to
    recover all
    that time
    wasted.

i am just so tired of pain,
    real pain that feels like
    my spleen will explode;
    like my back is
    is being pounded
    by black demons
    with hot irons
    a rotted heart
    that pinches the throat,
    that alien on my
    back called
    NHL;
    the shaking of my bone,
    the tremor in my
    soul as i try to
    feel my way in darkness;
    the shortness of
    breath that darkens my eye.

now do you understand
    my friends?
    would you be angry
    with me now?
    may i have your blessings to
    leave?
    i will leave you my pomes.
    leave me my peace.

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Charlie--You got it...all the best to you, but I know you already know that... ~~hugs~~

Tammy

2. Peggy W profile image95
      Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Best of wishes from all of your friends here on hubpages and elsewhere.  Know that your life has touched ours in a special way.  Virtual hugs are being sent your way!

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hello ralwus. we are not friends but anyway, i hope you feel better. you were always kind to me. i have no adequate words so i will just wish you well.

http://i29.tinypic.com/5bxw61.png

4. Money Glitch profile image64
      Money Glitchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Charlie, my mind will miss the 'gleeful, creative journey' that your poetic writing always commands;  but, my heart sadly understands...http://i43.tinypic.com/e0lez8.jpg

26. Flightkeeper profile image67

Ralwus, you have Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. I'm so sorry. Of course first things first, take care of yourself. My prayers go with you.

27. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Willing friends can be a burden.
    Charlie I hope you find the Peace you are looking for.

28. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Hello,

I heard from Charlie, he is taken a long overdue break seems he would like to accomplish many things right now and would like to get busy living for awhile. smile

He sends all of the best! smile

1. tonymac04 profile image71
      tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for letting us know, AEvans. I appreciate it. I admit I was rather worried. Good to know he is looking after himself!

29. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Yo, CC...Go have a ball...lol!

30. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

Charlie God speed my friend and I trust you will find yourself and get on with living and doing what you need to do to survive. I give you a virtual hug and tap on the back with best wishes, you know that we will be here praying for you and welcome you back with open arms when your ready. God bless and peace, now go out there and play and have fun with discovery.

31. Mike Lickteig profile image75
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

The poems sound far darker than simply wanting to take a break, but I wish him the peace he is craving.  I know of the desire to rest and be freed from pain.  I wish him the best and hope he stays well and returns to us someday.  I respect him a great deal.

32. KCC Big Country profile image85

I understand the need to take a break from it all. 

Charlie, you know I care about you.  Please do take care of yourself.  We'll all miss you here.  Hurry back.

33. kmackey32 profile image66
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Oh no... I like him too...

34. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

That's much better, Charlie!  Thank you for being!

35. JBeadle profile image83
    JBeadleposted 13 years ago

just came - searching forums on "ralwus" after reading his last poem that didn't allow comments.  I hope he's just taking a break as is being said here.  The last poem seemed to imply something more dark... hopefully it was just poetic for taking a break.  A truly gifted man.  I do hope he returns soon and is well.

36. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

One of the all-time greats for sure.

CC/Ralwus, till our paths cross again,you are in my prayers.
    MM

37. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I just got an email from Charlie. Please, HP family, he really needs all our prayers and/or positive thoughts!

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just sent him an email, Holle, and it's just so hard when you don't really know what's going on.  Thank God he reached out to you.  Love and prayers always to such a rich and beautiful presence here on HP!

38. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

He has mine Habee!

39. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Ohma!

40. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Count me among what I'm sure are the many, many, on here, sending thoughts and prayers in his direction.

41. Mike Lickteig profile image75
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

I hope he can find a perspective that allows him joy and peace and happiness.  I wish only the best for this kind and generous soul.

42. KCC Big Country profile image85

Break the links Randy in your post, or you're just helping him out.

43. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I read his poem - My Great Escape - and right now my heart feels heavy.

We're going to miss you Charlie! All the best and please take care.

Always thinking of you.

Emie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)