Hubbers w/ score of 95 and above....

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (76 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

First of all, JOB WELL DONE!! big_smile

Do you have any secrets about keeping a high score that you would be kind enough to share?

1. goldenpath profile image66
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe that perhaps the number of hubs plays a part in it.  Hubkarma may also be a factor.  I don't know.  Links within your hubs.  All those factors that give your account "substance" on the internet plays heavily on your score.  I just don't know to what proportion of each factor. 

Perhaps the hub subjects are important.  At first I wrote a lot of religious and phylosophical hubs.  Not understanding how traffic works on the internet I have learned that for visibility one must produce work that has some amount of demand.  Anyhow, that has helped me. smile

2. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have any secrets, because nobody at HP will let me in on them, nor will Shades, plus I don't pay him. sad

All I can say is that I write meaningful, useful stuff that I can back up with research or personal experience. I take advantage of all the HP tools (capsules, categories, even suggest links) to present the info in my Hubs in the most readable way. I put myself in the reader's shoes and answer their questions about my topic before they have to ask them!

Be an authority on your subject and write in an authoritative manner, meaning don't let your reader abandon you because he has to fight his way through poor logic, bad grammar, or misspellings.

Most of all, enjoy what you do, take pride in it, and learn every day from the talented writers here.

3. carboncopyme profile image60
      carboncopymeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ignore the score to your left.
      I would say that if you publish every couple of days and post something with around 1500 words and use the multi-media approach then you are on your way.
      Mind you, once you hit a certain number you might want to be careful about being too controversial.
      My advice is write what turns you on first and don't worry about a score that is meaningless outside of HP.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So who is carboncopyme a carbon copy of?

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Carboncopyme, it's rare to find a newbie who grasps that important fact!   Are you really a newbie or are you a carbon copy of...?

1. carboncopyme profile image60
          carboncopymeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's just say I have been aware of HP for over a year and leave it at that.

4. John B Badd profile image60
      John B Baddposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine was 92 when I woke up.  It is 95 now.  I have written nothing today but my views were up and I left some comments on others pages and responded to a few on my own. 
      The other day I deleted one of my underperfoming hubs.  I had it here for 2 months and it consistantly scored under 60.  My advice is to right what you know and when you see others are interested in your topic write more about it.  Also use google keywords they help.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do understand that the score is meaningless once it reaches 75?

You deleted something that might be of value to you someday.  Something that might bring you traffic, might actually make money.

2. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

Nope.

My scores go from low 80s to mid-to-high 90s all the time.

It depends on good tagging and traffic, I 'spose. wink

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

No. I don't pay any attention to my HubScores or my Hubber Score.  I know they have no effect on my income so what's the point?

However I do notice that being active in the forums makes a difference to my score. That's pretty much the only thing I do on HP other than write Hubs.  I hardly follow anybody and I rarely comment on other people's Hubs.

4. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

My highest was 95 the other day, think age of your account helps?

1. lxxy profile image59
      lxxyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Age does indeed help.

Only marginally. There's a lot of funky factors. As Marissa mentions, this pen name goes up up up as I interact in the forums.

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

It seems to be the influence that you achieve on the site of Hubpages itself, whether that be forum posts or replying back to hubpage comments, I've noticed it go up for both of them and other stuff.....

6. Three-Legged Dog profile image63
    Three-Legged Dogposted 13 years ago

I think I was down into the 80s but recently started writing and have posted a handful of hubs in the past couple weeks... Have been getting a lot of traffic, as well.  ???  I don't understand it, but keep it comin'.... I'm almost only $20 away from $100 Google adsense. lol!

7. Three-Legged Dog profile image63
    Three-Legged Dogposted 13 years ago

Oh, I also just discovered the "suggest links" tool... and went back and did that with just about every single hub I've written.  I don't know if that's what helped raise my score, or if that somehow raised my traffic, or what.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I don't know. Mine seems to rise when my earnings rise--- but I don't know what causes that, either.

9. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Don't let them kid you, they are just guessing!  Just do the best you can and don't worry about it! LOL!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed. just do your best and contribute to the community in all the different ways we can, reading, commenting, rating other hubs, flagging.. I personally don't see forum activity as being a huge indicator if you look at the top hubbers on any given day.. many of them don't enter the forums.
      we don't know. smile just enjoy it.

10. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Actually, HP has put me in charge of assigning hubscores, and I do it based on how much each hubber puts in my PayPal account. So, if you're wondering about your score, perhaps you're not giving generously enough.

1. Three-Legged Dog profile image63
      Three-Legged Dogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

2. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darn, I forgot my daily contribution.  I must have given twice to the Hub Christmas fund in Pearldivers account. lol

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's going to hurt you.  I suggest you pony up or you're looking at low fifties by tomorrow.

I can do 98 at that price. 99 is $550 now, and a 100 is an even grand.

See above.  big_smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
          Eric Graudinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ouch!
          No wonder that cheapskate Mark Knowles is only on 96 lol

And clever the way that you don't leave your score at 100 all the time, so that HP staff don't get wind of your scheme.
          Too bad if they read this post though!

3. figment profile image76
      figmentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

good one! big_smile

4. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can confirm that this is true.
      I pay shades $100 per month, haven't been here or done anything much for ages, and my score is still pretty good.

p.s. If I up it to $200 a month, can you organise 99 or 100 for me?

5. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You owe me one more point, you scoundrel!  You said $.25 was enough to keep my 100 for two days!  Add it on!

That was a promotional offer and you failed to type the promotional code I sent you into the order form.  It is not my fault if you cannot follow instructions.  Enjoy your 99 and be more meticulous next time.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

But you said it was guaranteed!  Down here we don't put up with scallywags!  Dummy up ShadyBreath!

...I'm sorry, the number you are trying to reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service.  Please hang up and try your call again...

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
              Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol big_smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Dangit!  This is the 4th time this has happened!  Gotta find another hubscore scalper, can't depend on Shady anymore!

3. emievil profile image68
              emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

6. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so how much is a 99 worth anyway??  big_smile

7. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you prefer large bills, sir?  Damn it, Shades, answer the phone!! smile

8. KeithTax profile image74
      KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You, too? Wow! I thought I was the only one getting kickbacks.

11. surf traveler profile image77
    surf travelerposted 13 years ago

I need an intervention, I've been obsessed with my hubscore and the damn thing has been stuck at 89 for three days. So tantalizingly close to the 90's.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Savor that anticipation...what am I saying?  That's horrible!  They tease, they tease! smile

12. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have yet to be above 97, but it hasn't gone below 92 in a while.

Saying that will certainly jinx it.  Tomorrow morning I'll be in the low 80's.

You watch.  You read it here first.

13. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I'm such a sucker for this scoring that I took a photo of my monitor when I got to a 99.  And then of course there are the days-most days at that-when I'm in the mid-90's.
    If I ever hit 100, I'll post it on YouTube! smile

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I still have the bonus deal running for one more week. Be quick, and beat the rush.

99 score = $997 less your special bonus discount= $447.
    But wait there's more!
    My super bonus price= 0nly $199!

And ....... if you throw in 14 chickens, I teach you to throw a boomerang!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYmk9Qb9Dc

Believe it or not, I learned to throw a boomerang when I was 13, Earnest!  It has been a couple of years since I have last done this!

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...darn...you just reminded me that i had a boomerang and a didgeridoo from australia (friend from australia bought them for me) and I realize they are now gone from my home......the ex has them.....I'm not happy!  waaaaaaaaa!  that's what I got from your video ernest LOL!

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest !!!! You forget the FREE set of steak knives !!!!!!!!

15. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

just between you and me, I type in the nude...

it allows me the freedom to express myself without any psychological constraints.

As a results, my work is tinged with equal elements of ribaldry, insight.... and girth

Not to mention sticking to the chair!

16. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I was at 99 for a whole day.  that's what this thread is about right?  scores?  but I didn't really get along with those other snobby 99ers so I purposely got in some trouble in that bored thread the other morning so my score could go back to a 96 so I could be with those I love!  when and if I ever get to 100, I'm bringing all of you with me!

17. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

I find the Hubber score to be rather ambiguous,(or unfathomable) while I have had scores in the upper 90’s if I should be away from the site for a span of 4 to 5 days the score drops for no other reason than inattentiveness, in that the number of page views per day stays level  and the article scores maintain their status.

I have never been able to figure out the real parameters of the makeup of the hub author score. If anyone has a clue let me know, but in my limited experience it appears attentiveness is a cumulative portion of whatever algorithm is applied.

18. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

i'm not quite sure what it is relevant to...but don't really think about it that much...same with the karma thing!  numbers...don't chase them.....

19. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 13 years ago

Hubber scores are totally dependent on decorum and comportment.  That's why I always try to carry a book on my head, as it improves my posture--although I don't have the balance I used to have.  Or the flat head.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had an English prof who advocated carrying books on the head as an alternative to being dragged down by armloads of texts which were ruinious to proper posture.
      Do students still use books, or do they just have a laptop and a Kindle?
      (My score has gone up a couple of points since posting in this thread -- and paying Shadesbreath.)

20. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Damn no wonder I fluctuate,.... with all of the creative spirits I apply to tempt the muses, I can’t keep the book on my head!

21. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

So how much traffic do you get, how long did it take to start getting volumes of traffic?

I don't get volumes of traffic, not even pamphlets of traffic-- a few flyers, maybe an occasional newsletter worth.

22. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I think it has a lot to do with how active you are - I didn't do much last week and my score dropped several points, now it is back at 95 but I haven't published any hubs for ages, only posted in the forum and left a couple of comments.

23. profile image0
    wademcmasterposted 13 years ago

Hubscore is a funny thing, mine shot up quickly then just stopped dead despite all my comments I was making!

24. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Mine currently varying between 94 and 96, it seems to depend on how active you are. I am in the forums and I comment on other's hubs also. So I guess the more you do the more you get as far as your hubber score goes.. As to the individual hub scores I am still trying to work that one out, mine mainly 70s and 80s after a week or two of publishing, still trying to figure out how to get higher.. have lots of text, pictures, videos, news and links etc..

25. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

I've been at 100 several times and found it quite exiting. But I have no idea what put me there!

1. Sally's Trove profile image78

Ditto.

26. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Shades! (The envelope with my check was returned with "no such address" marked on it.)

27. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I've also been at 100 a few times, but since I stopped paying Shadesbreath it has dropped. sad

28. trish1048 profile image67
    trish1048posted 13 years ago

Sounds to me like everyone is clueless smile

I was at 97 yesterday and today it's 96.  Maybe I should have practiced grabbing at the brass ring when I was a kid.

29. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Payment received for you both. (Rochelle, you may not have noticed the razor slit along the left edge of that envelope.)

http://hubpages.com/u/3446445_f120.jpg

Then Sally must be silly-- she doesn't need any help. She already knows what to do (see her post above).

Yes, she's quite the actress, I can tell you.

Actress, first she loves 'em
          Actress, then she leaves 'em
          Tells them they must part
          Always breaks their heart

Funny, Shades...those are the words a classmate wrote in a song about me when I was 12 years old and wanted to be an actress when I grew up.

Too bad that little ditty was never recorded.

You little heart breaker you.  I bet he still thinks about you sometimes.

They all do. smile...*sweet smile*

lolololol.  tongue

2. Sally's Trove profile image78

You are too kind, Rochelle. I just stumble along here like, like, like....well, like you! smile

big_smile   big_smile   tongue

30. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Presently, it's at 98. I'm happy with it. It regularly stays at about 93.  By the time you see it, it may be back down again. So be it.

31. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I knew I should never have added anything into this forum earlier, my score has plummeted down to 93, I guess Shadesbreath must have noticed my rising score without having made any payment... oh well...

What do I owe to get my score back up??

Be kind, I am only a newbie

If you haven't got the message by now it is: WE DON'T KNOW.

Paying Shades is like throwing the salt over your shoulder for luck... it might work.  (I'm not really doing that-- but he thinks I am.)

32. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I have no freakin' idea!!

33. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I dont have a freaking idea eithor but my score has been climbing latley.. I guess thats a good thing... smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)