Countrywomen all over Hubpages!

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (129 posts)
  1. Laila Rajaratnam profile image67
    Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years ago

Countrywomen seems to be here ,there ,everywhere,all over Hubpages all the time ! (eyes rolling in wonder)LOL

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Oh, considering her loving and caring personality coupled with extreme politeness, this is a very enjoyable phenomenon. I doubt anybody would complain smile

Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes,thanks Misha! I enjoy her comments! Hence,this forum!

3. hubber-2009 profile image57
    hubber-2009posted 15 years ago

Yes, she/he is very active in all the hubs and attracting others by comment..

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

She's smart and sweet, and hey!  She's officially part of the Nebraskans! on Hubpages group.  We just gotta get our T-shirts!  smile

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I got quite a few Huskers collection which I can send it across to you or maybe you prefer Cyclones big_smile

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Nebraskans on HubPages?!! Sounds like a fun group -- but I don't get it. I thought you were in AZ and CW in WA? Oh well, I personally find CW's presence always welcome. She is the consummate lady!

6. Mighty Mom profile image77

Nebraskans on HubPages?!! Sounds like a fun group -- but I don't get it. I thought you were in AZ and CW in WA? Oh well, I personally find CW's presence always welcome. She is the consummate lady!

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Where is she btw? Have not seen her for at least 10 minutes! big_smile

Just when I arrive the saints(St.Misha) go Marching: lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyLjbMBpGDA

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sure, Saints are happy to watch your arrival smile

I will share a little about Indian Gods here: Once their was a fight between  Lakshmi and  Shani
          Lakshmi says I can make anybody fortunate where I go and Shani says I can make anybody unfortunate where I go. They both go to Vishnu to resolve who is better. Vishnu being a diplomat  says to both of them to go to the door and come back to him. Now he tells Lakshmi I like it when you arrive towards me(fortune coming) and to shani I like it when you are departing (misfortune leaving).

Just a small tidbit from Hindu texts lol

8. profile image0

MM-
    Weird!  I've noticed these funny double postings before, ?  smile  (Yours--but maybe it'll right itself by the time I post this.)

Yeah!  CW went to the University of Nebraska for her M.S. in engineering.  I was born and raised in Omaha, NE--I've just been around the country--NOW I've been settled in AZ goin' on 4 years!

It was funny--one night on a forum thread, all these Nebraskans were coming forward to introduce themselves.  Hey!--we are a very, very exciting group. We know about agriculture and hay bailing and football, not to mention good hang out places.  If you touched down in Nebraska for a time, you TOO can join!  smile

Hi Lita,I have never come across any other Litas except you and my mom! Lovely name,maybe cos its my mom's name too!smile Do you have many Litas  from where you come ?

Yes that is a beautiful name and seems to be popular in many cultures. I checked out Lita Name and found the below info lol

Hebrew- Garden or field of fruit
        Greek- Mother Creator
        Latin- Joy
        Swahili- Bringer
        Latin-Light

Cw,thanks for the info..I had no idea!Well,I can now pass on this info to my sisters and mom!smile

1. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't heard of all those meanings in other cultures!  I knew about and prefer (lol) Light.  smile
            Thanks.

Lita- Glad you liked the info I researched. You bring so much light (knowledge) with your hubs/comments and always engage in light (entertaining) conversation lol

2. countrywomen profile image60

If anybody thinks that is all to Nebraska then Wizard of Omaha (Warren Buffet) and the world famous Omaha Steaks are their other accomplishments.

9. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

Laila- Thanks for starting a hub thread on my behalf. I don't know what to say I am simply too flattered. Yes I do involve myself a little too much when ever I am into something and which happens to hub pages these days..LOL big_smile

Lita- Yes if the whole economy doesn't go up then at least we Nebraskans can go back to farming days (yeah why do you think I have a nick name called country women?) lol

Misha- You have become a saint and I always counted on you as my guardian angel. lol

MightyMom- The warm californian who spreads her warmth where ever she goes and glad to be at the receiving end now. big_smile

Hubber2009- Yes, I am active since I get to meet wonderful people like you all the time big_smile

10. profile image0

Laila-
    No, I am one of a very few 'Lita's' here.  I'm always really surprised when I hear of another one.  Cool that it is your mom's name!

CW-
    I know!  Nebraska is much more--especially yummy ungulate Omaha Steaks for Christmas.  I was just being sarcastic--cuz you probably know how it is being from NE--everybody thinks yer a farmer or a hick.

Were you surprised to find this thread here???

Good night all--yawn!

Very true and hence I just beat that drum whenever people stereotype us Nebraskans big_smile Oh yes I was very surprised with this thread. I am simply too flattered with so much attention. Good Night (and sweet dreams) Lita and have a great day tomorrow. lol

11. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Did you all see this about CW?

http://hubpages.com/hub/ASpecialTribute

big_smile

Hi,weblog,thanks, I just went through it .Lovely hub! Gosh , CW is a celebrity! smile

SweetiePie is just too kind and nice to me. Thanks for that publicity Weblog. I am getting way too much affection from so many of you. I just don't know what to say.

1. weblog profile image58
          weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Welcome, my pleasure CW big_smile

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Yep, it's very nice smile

I do like yet another one, the one where CW-girl is posing for aqua man big_smile

What is that?

Trust me it is not that flattering rather embarrassing lol

1. Misha profile image62

Do you take it like that? Ooops, sorry, then I stop promoting it.

Well you have seen those pictures and I wasn't even sure that it is allowed in hubpages. I guess it is ok but still not sure I would like to be talked or thought about like that. But still if others find it funny then I guess it is fine with me. lol

13. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

Don't you know? Countrywomen is actually a consortium of women whose mission is to wander all the hubs of hubpages, equal for all, spreading warmth and good cheer.  There is way too much goodness for it just to be one person.

Now this is too much. I am simply blushing and enjoying so much love&attention. And the best of the best Christoph arrives with his nicest words to make a simple girl seem like a celebrity. I am simply too touched with all this. Thanks everyone for really everything big_smile

2. Laila Rajaratnam profile image67

Yes, I tend to be of the same opinion too!!

I don't know what to say. Thanks for such a high opinion. And hopefully I live up to it. lol

14. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

You definitely earned this, many times over smile

Oh Thank you so much and now I have been really blessed by St.Misha.

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I am not sure either, at least not for all of them, and I am almost certain we'll hear protests from some hardcore morality guards smile

I personally like the idea and implementation though, and it looks really cute, at least in it's female part, and outright funny in the male part big_smile

I know boys will be boys. I have no problem with that. Have a good time enjoying it as long as it lasts. I guess some of this talking makes me more comfortable and have less inhibitions which is a good thing lol

Hey friend, just tell me what is it all about mad

1. Misha profile image62

That's up to CW-girl. In fact I regret mentioning this, cause she obviously feels uncomfortable with the thing, so let's just bury it, ok? smile

Misha that's ok. I guess once the cat is out then it's not good to keep some one wondering what's going on(open the hub in private as it has certain pictures not for open public viewing): http://hubpages.com/hub/Naked-Hubbers-The-Bare-Facts

I just visited and I'm not sure if those pictures are allowed here.

Thanks for the link!

Good so your curiosity is satisfied. Well I am not sure but anyway I am not too excited to be thought of like that lol

Yes, I was simply curious and nothing much to say after I visited the hub smile

16. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL I applaud you and add bravery to the list of your positive personality traits smile

Just like you "stir up" something then I have to set it right (and to keep me happy praise me). I can see through it. I am smarter than what you give me credit for lol

1. Misha profile image62

Oh, you revealed my evil conspiracy smile

But I think I was honest - both in trying to share what I liked, and to stop it when I realized you were not that excited about it. smile

I believe you. No worries and it happens all the time. I just have to grow up I guess. Btw their is nothing evil about praising somebody. In fact it is not what you say that flatters me but the fact that you consider me worth flattering that flatters me the most lol

17. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

What a pleasant thread!  What made me a fan of Countrywoman is the hub where she shared, she invited Jehovah's Witness that came a-knocking on her door on one rainy day, and in the comments section of her hub, she mentioned that even if she wanted to get rid of them, (as most of us would want to)  she served them coffee as she didn't have the heart to be rude to them. Not exactly a good way of encouraging a short visit. LOL! I found that classy and sweet.  At least that's how I remember her hub. smile

WOW!! You remember such details (that's quite a memory but then if you remember the millions of transactions at bank that really is quite something). Well if it was any other day probably I would have enjoyed their conversation but then sleep is one thing I need to have in abundance and that too on a weekend (I guess I was bear in my last birth sleeping for months)...lol

18. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Sorry I am  a late arrival but I just wanted to add that I am always very pleased to hear from and see Countrywomen on my hubs or elsewhere here!

Oh no need to apologize as we all are in different time zones. Btw it is my pleasure to read your hubs. You write such good though provoking hubs especially about woman(I just wish their would be more men who think like you).

Laila sure has made me popular. But honestly I don't know if I deserve so much attention. I just find hub pages a welcome break from the regular work that I engage in. Thanks for those kind words about me. big_smile

19. Amanda Severn profile image92
    Amanda Severnposted 15 years ago

Hi CW

You really are a marvel on Hubpages. I can never keep up with you, and I love your politeness and your naughty humour. Oh, and your rhymes too!

Amanda- You are really kind and amazing(with great hubs and nice comments). Also I wish I can always indulge in naughty humor (but can't do it in office setting though). I do plead guilty to my favorite pastime through which I commit crime with my rhyme anytime. lol

20. profile image0

hehehe, Yah?  Thanks..

You are always welcome. So any plans for the weekend? We have so much snow it's like a house arrest now. lol

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
        Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We are in front of a roaring fire in our fireplace.
        I like CW alot too.  She is always kind and considerate of others.

LG- Well that is such a nice feeling in front of the fire place. Today I made hot chocolate and looking out at the window(with lots of snow outside). I have two books to finish reading and hub pages is far too entertaining for me to spend time on those books. Thanks a lot for those nice words and I always seek your blessings to be a better human being. big_smile

1. agvulpes profile image85
            agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Country women (should be countryladies) you are always a welcome visitor with your very wise comments and poetry. Just to let you know in my location it is 30degress C and not a cloud in the sky. I agree with everything others have said. And I also agree with Misha that the photo was in poor taste!
            Btw is that the real Jackalope in BT's avatar? cool

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
              B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ag, apparently you missed my holiday avatar!

Ag- Are you talking about BT's photo in poor taste? Nice weather out their and I envy you. Can you send some of that warmth here which we desperately need over here. big_smile

BT you are quick even before I could reply you mentioned it. That avatar seems suitable for  Halloween rather than Christmas. But I know we can still see the sweet jackalope soul shining  through that skeleton lol

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61

Well I was trying to make an angel avatar, since they are so popular right now. My computer just started laughing at me, and spat this one out.

BT- Don't worry maybe your computer is getting tired of having too much of a good thing called angels...hehe. I guess the latest trend is to become a Saint (aka St.Misha)...LOL
                    Don't worry maybe from "hell" it is best to have that avatar. As they say when you are in Rome be like a Roman lol

2. agvulpes profile image85

Sorry for the delay Santa just visited on the back of a Fire Truck so you can tell all the Kids he has been seen in Australia and is due in just a matter of days.
                    Now where was I . Oh yeah, CW  I ask you, would I do anything in bad taste.
                    BT your avatar looks like its just seen you with your , ah (remembering there is a lady present)antlers showing? cool

BT I must have sneezed or something . Will you give all of us another look at your holiday avatar. Pretty please , I'll even see if Countrywomen will ask you, now you would not refuse a lady now would you huh. >cool

Btw did you catch cold in Melbourne in 30 celsius or I sure hope from here I didn't give a cold shoulder to you. I am sure BT with his warm personality will make you well soon. 
                  Btw don't worry Ag I am sure BT is too much of a Gentleman (oops jackalope) to ever refuse a lady's request. lol

No sweet lady did not catch a cold, purely a figure of speech we use in Australia when we miss a fleeting incident.  Do they call polite jackalopes (if there is such a thing) "Gentalopes"?
                    I have never detected a cold shoulder from you directed at anyone!

2. profile image0

Not really.  I've got to get some Christmas planning done, though, so I have to get off of here soon!

We have NO snow and rarely get it...  Had a week of rain, tho, which is very unusual for AZ.  I actually miss snow!

No snow and now you wonder so many people are relocating to phoenix. I hope you get your christmas planning done well. I have to go and cook something just had cereal in the morning. lol

2. VioletSun profile image80
          VioletSunposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was actually emailing a friend of mine in VA and telling him that just a few days, I said to myself, I miss the NY snow (I am in Oregon now), and boom, the next day it started snowing, and right now its snowing and snowing, just came back from playing in the snow. smile  We hardly ever get snow here, and I don't believe there has been this much snow in years in these parts of the Oregon area where we reside. 

I am off to cook lunch for both of us, and work on a business. Its so addicting to be in these forums. LOL!

Violet- So now I know whom to blame for this snow storm in North West..LOL Maybe some one similar to you said that in Las Vegas too (heard they had surprise snow their too). I just finished cooking for today and tomorrow (finished my late lunch). I hope you too cook a good lunch and have a nice afternoon siesta so that you come recharged to the forum to entertain us all lol

21. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 15 years ago

CW is truly one of the nicest and most genuine people on hubpages. Always polite, funny and kind. Who could ask for more. I for one will always have time for her, she is lovely smile

WOW!! So many nice words. Thanks for always having time for me. I too love your advice (like an elder sister at times) and entertaining witty comments/hubs. lol

2. B.T. Evilpants profile image61

She even finds nice things to say about me! That's gotta be like a full time job! She has to be a positive energy machine!

If I am positive energy machine then you(cindy) are the fuel that drives this machines lol

Of course I forgot to mention my most essential navigator (GPS) happens to have a Jackalope(BT) voice big_smile

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
          ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your postitve energy has crossed the 7 oceans and the seven seas up and down the 7 mountains to come to my place and cause it to rain Miss CW. thought of catching a quick nap on my table but i can't seem to switch my pc off. soooo http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z180/5524800/m.jpg

Ashwin- Give your PC a break and also take a short nap. We need you and your PC functioning at optimum level to continue having uninterrupted entertaining conversation lol

22. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Oh! That is nice. CW you have again shown your politeness.
       Jyoti Kothari

Thanks Jyoti (meaning light for those who don't know the hindi meaning) you spread your light(knowledge) to others like me who are in the dark with your hubs and comments. lol

23. dingdong profile image58
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Oh look at her handle...I think she has a lot of positive energy filled multiple personalities and hence she is CountryWomen instead of a Woman big_smile

Dingdong (calling bell who is there...oh it is you thanks for dropping in) Very true I represent all those women from country side lol

24. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

Hey countrywomen - saw an identical twin of yours at lunch this afternoon! Weird or what?? Her name is Kamalini Mukherjee and she's an up and coming actress and theatre personality!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … +mukherjee

1. Cris A profile image58
      Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

oh well...

2. profile image0

Uh-OH, CW  sad  Oh, well....  I know she's been to Nebraska, smile...  Only one who has been there knows those certain details.  I personally have never required actress looks in a friend!

And my avatar is me, I swear, lol!  haha--but one has to wonder about somebody who uses their photo ID for an avatar....  Truth is, I hate photographs--grow up with 2 sisters all competing with that stuff and you have a tendency to turn to books.  Which incidentally, I do not regret at all.

smile  It's OK, Miss CW.....

25. Cris A profile image58
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

or maybe she is indeed that celebrity! oh well i guess only she knows... as for my avatar, it's me though somebody said in my fan mail and I'll quote her "Chris, you look like Hunter S. Thompson in your pic, did you know that?"  what do you think? big_smile

1. profile image0

Yes!  You have that air (which is cool).

26. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Yes, I can recognise the Indian Celebrity in countrywomen's profile image because I'm an Indian. CW is not alone, there are many hubbers(male/female) having a profile image that's not of their own face, but why does it bother anyone? Don't we have the right to keep an image of our own wish?

27. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

uh-oh, this is disappointing. sad

No weblog, there is no problem with her using actress's pic for avatar - problem is with claiming this is her own pic. It's called lie - unless she is really this actress... IDK, it gonna be a big disappointment to me personally if she is not, and chances are she is not...

Misha i noticed the 1.25 part in my magic hub. your spot was good man. The magician left fingers straighetened when he pulled them towards his leg and you can see clearly the whole action was very unnatural. wow, no one could have been able to see that if you didnt point exaclty what was happening. with that alone the trick is now looks very amaturish. But even then the salt shaker being pulled still cannot be explained. Any explaination for that?

Ok Misha are you saying you are really a Saint, you know someone MIGHT just actually believe that? Now my avatar is really me. You just don't know which one do you? cool

28. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Sorry Ashwin, I watched that carefully and did not spot anything with saltshaker. But I have no doubt it was the trick, not magic smile

And no, I disagree, coin trick was not amateurish, it was performed pretty good. Remember, even after I gave you the time marker to look at, you still could not spot the trick, until I specifically pointed out what to look for? This shows the quality, you know smile

29. Shalini Kagal profile image54

That's the problem Misha - the lies rather than the avatar. Anyone can have any avatar they want. Claiming that it's your own pic when you could just have kept quiet??!! In fact, I very much doubt if it is a 'she' at all!! Most likely a bunch of guys cocking a snook at everyone here on HubPages sad

1. Cris A profile image58

she addressed the "issue" in her new hub. i honestly don't know what to think now.

So Shalini what is the next step? Take her out in the middle of the square and give her a public flogging?
      Pulease, have you never told a fib in your life. I'm sure its true in any culture about "letting one without sin throw the first stone" cool

Agvulpes my hub comment box is acting up so i reply to you here buddy. After Misha pointed out at 1.25, if Cyril thats the magician can so swiftly hide the top coin then i don't doubt for one moment he could have likewise take out the bottom coin from a concealed tear or hole in his sleeves when his left hand was covering the top of the table. Thats the best logic i can think of without going crazy. and Misha yes i used the wrong word, it can never be amaturish. the guy manage to fool everyone beside around him, He is good. Did you see his Cheeseburger trick and the mobile phone trick where he pulled these 2 items out from a menu and a magazine leaving behind and empty white patch in the page where both the printed items were originally? Wish i can do that!!! lol

2. Cris A profile image58

i can't speak for Shalini but as for me, what i find a tad disappointing is the fact that she  claimed that the picture was indeed her, even going to the length of giving a story behind it when everybody expressed their doubts.  I respect her need for privacy and all but i just feel I was taken for a ride.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
          mistyhorizon2003posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Quite possibly being a bit dense here, but when did CW claim the image was her own, as I seem to have missed that hub/post???

Two days back Misha/Ashwin were their. Since Misha was 90% sure it wasn't me I wanted to disagree for fun but the part about makeup/photograph was true only thing not for public viewing.  and I was surprised that Ashwin wasn't aware of kamilini and I just was playing along. I wanted to write that hub yesterday but went to do some last minute shopping for India trip. But I will miss you all.

3. countrywomen profile image60

Shalini- You are a happily married woman and hence care free to give your opinion. Yes two days back I was having fun with Misha but I guess I should have sorted it out that time itself. I am leaving for India in another few days hence didn't write this hub. It is very sad to see a fellow Indian woman thinking like this about another. I will leave it up to you what ever you want to think about me. As I am not here to make money(Thank God I have a decent job) but here to learn, discuss and enjoy. I thought it was fun pulling Misha/Ashwin's leg but never expected this.  I guess every good thing has an end and for me this is the beginning of the end. In a few days I will not be able to come online due to hectic schedule and I do miss all those who did understand my position even if they were not from India.

My friend, I knew that you were having fun and that was I told in my response to Ashwin. Cheers!!! big_smile

30. Shalini Kagal profile image54

I know Cris - it's just that I hate lies and hypocrisy! And seeing this young lady (the real one!) walk into a large lunch party gave me a real shock! Like seeing a ghost!

31. Ardie profile image80
    Ardieposted 15 years ago

I am somewhat new to HubPages and I was so glad to see such a nice thread that I continued reading all the compliments while thinking, "These are some really great people here!"  Then all of a sudden, the mood of the thread changed.  From the comments made, I gather CW claimed the photo to be her own and lied, but the personality that left comments and has always been polite to everyone is still the same personality, no matter the avatar.  I know Im sticking my nose in late, but I just wanted to add that.

32. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

Well my support is for CW on this one, as her hub explains why she chose not to use her own image. Anyone who has read her comments on their hubs can see she is genuine and cannot help but love her. If she truly wanted to be fraudulent, why pick a famous actress and not someone who was unknown and whose image would most likely not be recognised ?????

Miss cw has always been nice and kind and just because of a avatar info malfunction its not suddenly going to make her a troll or a monster. She is still my friend
      Miss Cindy that is in a different forum post in another title header yesterday.

Ashwin, how can CW even do that with a popular actress photo? I thought she was just having fun with talking about that 2 hrs makeup and all smile

Weblog- That is true I got two hours make up and professional photographer for marriage photos but sorry they were not for public eyes. My parents have them for marriage purposes. I will miss you all.

Have a nice day, my friend smile

33. profile image0

I do not know what to think, really, but usually want to give people the benefit of the doubt.  smile

Just reminds me that I am here to write, basically.  I see hubpages as a great opportunity for that.

I also think the beauty thing is a huge pressure sometimes for a woman.  kerryg has written a great hub about 'The Gaze' in society--people should have a look. 

As an artist, I also know that photographs themselves lie--in graduate art programs there often is no differential anymore between painting and photography.   It is quite possible to make a person look very beautiful or very unattractive.

34. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

Come back soon CW, you will be sadly missed smile

I don't know Cindy maybe I will. What started out as a joke turned into something else. I will certainly miss some of the people here. I have lots of books left to be read and things to do to keep me occupied. I learned something today and I will grow from this experience.

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

Miss CW.
      Wherever you go, whatever you do i will be right here waiting for you
      whatever it takes or how my heart breaks i will be right here waiting for you.http://msp72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/jon4got2/emoSinger_IK4TA6.gif
      I will be here Miss CW. waiting for you until the ocean doesn''t touch the sand, Now and Forever i will be your man smile
      Miss CW, i really don't think this a a big deal so just put your mind at ease. Remember wrinkles grow faster that way.

3. ajcor profile image61
      ajcorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dear CW - I hope that some of these comments have not hurt you too much - seems to be much ado about nothing....I also missed out on seeing you claim to be who you patently are not.... I just hope the young actress is as nice as you....!!  smile

go well CW in the exciting days ahead........look forward to your return...cheers

ps one hopes that people who see my atavar don't think that I am a clever clogs of a dog that can read and write or at a bigger stretch a temporary Christmas Mantle .....lol

Well said aj, and yes aj , I really am a fox cool

1. ajcor profile image61

I like foxes Ag - love your chrissy gear......nice hat! hope Father Christmas on the fire tender was kind and left you some beer......enjoy.

35. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

CW: When I read your hub (I had not seen this thread) and found out the pic wasn't you, I said, a little  'oh, well" to myself, but it didn't change my perception of you as you can see by the comments I left in you hub. Your hubs on tolerance, spiritual sharing, and comments speak louder than anything, not a little photo mishap. One cannot generally fake what comes from inside our hearts.  It never occured to me to use a photo of a celebrity, it seems its popular here in hubpages.

I personally prefer the truth or not say anything, but many of us were quite young once, and life has taught me that sometimes a joke can go too far, and integrity in everything works far better.  Not saying you lack these, perhaps the joke did go a little too far, but your intention was not malicious, it was to have some fun; however it doesn't speak of you negatively as a human being. We cannot judge another,  because most likely we have made our own little and sometimes larger mistakes in life as well. Its part of growing as a human being.  Hey, I am still your hubpages fan, there is no reason why not.  Imagine if we all  left friendships over a little misunderstanding or joke, the world would be friendless.  Perhaps you can reconsider staying? Your presence will be missed by many of your fans. smile

36. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 15 years ago

CW I hope you are not seriously talking about leaving Hubpages over this little incident.
    A person's character should not be judged by the wrong they commit (wrongs are so very easy to commit ) but how the actions showed in correcting that wrong.
    You showed great courage in writing that Hub and correcting any false impressions that may have transpired.cool

37. Mighty Mom profile image77

CW, I wish you every happiness. Your sparkling personality will be missed here. I know I speak for friends around the world when I implore you not to stay away too long -- find the time and opportunity to stay involved. We want to hear and participate in the next chapter of CW's amazing charmed life. With fondness, MM

38. Mighty Mom profile image77

CW, I wish you every happiness. Your sparkling personality will be missed here. I know I speak for friends around the world when I implore you not to stay away too long -- find the time and opportunity to stay involved. We want to hear and participate in the next chapter of CW's amazing charmed life. With fondness, MM

39. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Looks like I can't step aside for just one evening without something happening!

CW-girl, don't leave, please...

We will miss you badly! One bad joke can't cross out all those kind and witty interactions you had with everybody. You are one of the most lovable persons around here; no way this small incident can change it. We all make mistakes, you know. And we all are grown up people, and don't judge a person by one mistake. Yes, I got disappointed with it - but I will get ten times more disappointed if you decide to leave because of this.

Don't leave, please smile

1. VioletSun profile image80
      VioletSunposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Misha: You are a sweetheart; pretty blunt when need be, but a sweetheart neverthless. smile

40. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Hi CW,

I hope that your hectic schedule allows you to pay a visit sometimes.

You don't need to apologise or justify yourself to anyone over your avatar. It's not important.
    What IS important is the mind behind the keyboard. Thanks for sharing so much of yours with us. I think that you are one of the most sensitive, intelligent and interesting people on HubPages.

EEEEEK: I've just discovered that I'm not your fan. Now Fixed!

I wish you all the best for your future, and when you come for your honeymoon to Tasmania, Australia I'd be proud to show you around. lol

Wishing you the best of success and happiness,
    Eric G.

1. ajcor profile image61

I agree with you Eric - well said - except Yass is also good for visiting at this time of year ..not as big as Tassie just don't miss the bypass ....That sure is one very straight halo you have Eric - and wait there's more - it is feathered .....can you fly as well?........lol       Happy Christmas....

41. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Come on CW !

We have had a fair few people claiming to be the beautiful girl in her avatar picture, but I honestly thought you were winding up the boys when you said it was you. (Which is why I kept out of the discussion) big_smile

In which case there was no malice in it. Most of the ones previously who have made the same claim were doing it with the intention of deceiving everyone for personal gain, but I do not think that was your intention. Seemed to me you were just having fun and messing with the testosterone bucket smile

At least now we know who the ones with the uncontrollable hormones are................. Misha wink

Don't go. sad

1. Misha profile image62

LOL Yeah, I love women, urban and country, all of them, jointly and separately - and never tried to conceal that big_smile

ahh The Holy Proclaimation of a Great Saint wink

As someone famous once said "I'll drink to that" (hic) cool

42. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Thanks to Countrywoman and Laila Rajaratnam... It is a great honour to India.

43. Laila Rajaratnam profile image67
    Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years ago

CW, your avatar does not matter.I have enjoyed your writings and comments and that's what matters to me.Yes, as a young woman you do need to protect your privacy.Don't worry about your avatar!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)