Question for the day

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. renskei profile image59
    renskeiposted 13 years ago

Pls. answer the following question

Explain briefly and cite Scripture verses to support your answer:

1. Can every believer be a teacher of God's Word?

2. Does an animals have soul?

1. Deaconess profile image61
      Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good questions!

1. According to Paul, the answer would be no, but I don't trust him, and my answer is yes, based on the following (this is going to be a long answer):

First, I consider this (Luke 10:25-28)

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, "Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" He said unto him, "What is written in the law? how readest thou?" And he answering said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself." And he said unto him, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

The first law being spoke of here, known as the Great Commandment, is known in the Jewish community as the Shema. The other, is "The Royal Law" aka "The Golden Rule"

I once heard a story about how there was once a Rabbi who, when taunted by a student who dared him to attempt to teach him the entirety of God's word in one session while standing on one foot, and did so by reciting these two commandments... and then said, "There you go, now you know the entirety of God's word." Jesus himself said in Matthew 22:40, that "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

The Shema was first given to us in Deuteronomy, and in 11:13-21, we are told to teach it:

And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul, that I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.
      Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them; And then the LORD's wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD giveth you.

Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

The two laws go hand in hand... love God, and love our fellow man as well, for man is created, after all, in God's image.

2. Yes, animals have souls.

Genesis 1:20, From the King James:

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

The words translated as "creature that hath life" (in the King James), here and in following verses, is in the Hebrew: ne·fesh chai·yah... which means (and should be corrected to read as): living soul. This tells us that yes, all living creatures, except for the "fowl that may fly above" have souls... and when it comes to these "fowl" (also translated as "birds" in other versions of the bible), the hebrew word is oph... and it actually means: flyers or flying creatures... I think that it refers to flying insects.

2. profile image53
      haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every believer mush be a teacher of God's Word? Our commission  is this; Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

all a soul is body and breath, animals have body and breath, therefore, they are living soul, but not like man, because man have reason and can communicate.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

I think the scribe is wrong here. Jesus was sent only towards the Jews. Jesus expressively mentioned that he was only sent to the lost sheep of the Israel.

Muhammad has been sen to all the nations of the world.

Please make the correction accordingly.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. hanging out profile image61
          hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i seem to recall jesus and a samaritan woman at a well and jesus spending two days in samaria. I remember a centurion child needed healing and jesus did. Gods message is for eveyone, jesus fulfilled yet another prophecy and in that regard he was sent to the jews but he was also sent to everyone, every nation.

Paul was specifically sent to the gentiles but that doesn't rule out jesus being for all the world.

3. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yup and yup smile

4. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO  NO   NO   NO   NO    they can not.

At least in my opinion.

WE/they have to be a   GREAT  example First and forever,
      How can we teach something that we can not understand???

The only way to teach is by example ..  and THEN ... Only  If someone ask you? .. How do YOU do it? .. Then we may teach that much..

Yea I know !! Some might say listen to Jerami He says that but  He is trying to teach !!   No he isn't     Forums is just for discussions, These should help us learn to find ourselves listen to what the "Oposition" has to say, and learn to be a good example;
          I Hope everyone is learning something  ??? 
          Good Teachers are continually learning. 
          Teaching should be something that ya do and you didn't even know that you did it.

5. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Consider James 3:1 and decide.

Now, also consider:
      Revelation 5:13: "Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, ... "

Just some verses for consideration as you contemplate these questions.

2. TruthDebater profile image52
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

1. The bible and other religions inspire people in wanting to be prophets in getting closer to God. So many believe or try to make others believe they are chosen by God to speak for God. How can there be a teacher of Gods word when no one truly knows if there is a God?

2. I don't know about the soul. But if humans have a soul, why wouldn't animals?

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey, Jesus commanded his disciples, some of whom were to be sent among the gentiles, others were evidently sent elsewhere. The disciple James headed the infant church in Jerusalem until he was martyred. (That's me). Total agreement with the soul thing explained from Judaic understanding. I know a little, and try to shed light where I can. And I believe that the wisdom can proceed from even the most unlikely of places. Inspiration comes from God. and angels are where you find 'em. Sorry, I have never tried to remember chapters and verses. Think I might have been Jewish in a previous life.

1. profile image52

Hi friend Dave Barnett

Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

He was not sent to all the nations;this seems to be a later addition by Paul  , Church and the associates when Jesus had migrated to India after the event of Crucifixion:

Instructions to the Twelve Disciples
        Matthew names the Twelve Disciples. Jesus sends them to preach to the Jews, perform miracles, and prophesy the imminent coming of the Kingdom.[3] Jesus commands them to travel lightly, without even a staff or sandals. He tells them they will face persecution. Scholars are divided over whether the rules originated with Jesus or with apostolic practice.[
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_ … _Disciples

Thanks

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
          Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A bible scholar muslim. OK, I can dig it. Not sure your source, mine is the bible. Admittedly, I believe that Peter and Paul were more rapscallions than true believers of their Rabbi's words. In fact, Peter comes off in the gospels as somewhat clueless. Hardly a rock, more of a stumbling block. I actually profess native american belief, which calls God the Great Spirit. This teaches that the Spirit dwells in all things. Jesus also taught similar things. For instance, that God lives within us, and that we are in him, that the Temple is the body and the house of God (Physical human body. if this is so, then anyone can be called, even a non-believer such as Paul, as he was. Constantine was converted by his experience, as was Paul. I consider Jesus a man, as I consider Muhammad, a man. Just thought I would add that. Peace be with you.

2. Deaconess profile image61
          Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree that Jesus meant to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to the Jews, and not the gentiles.

But I also believe that the promises of that Gospel are also graced upon non-Jews (strangers) who honor the Kingdom, keep the sabbath and follow a path of righteousness in God, as it says in the book of Isaiah... and part of following that path, is teaching the Shema as instructed in Deuteronomy.

I believe that Jesus was God's messenger... and a martyr... and nothing more than this. A human being.

And I also believe that Paul was full of it. As I said in my first post here, I don't trust him. I think his convoluted teachings are a large reason why most people don't even know what the Gospel of the Kingdom is.

I trust that some of the bible is inspired by God and written adequately; others inspired but perhaps misunderstood by the receiver; some inspired, received properly, but misinterpreted in the text translation; and more often than not... some ideas created by men and for men. I also believe that there are scriptures outside of the bible, and in other religions that are inspired by God.

I pray, meditate, contemplate, and let the spirit guide me through it.

As far as Islam... I confess I know very little about it, other than that the definition of Moslem is "servant of God" (which is what I devote myself to be). I can't get past my objection to theocracy enough to even delve into the scripture of that religion.

1. profile image52

Hi friend Deaconess

I agree with most of your about writing. May the Creator-God Allah YHWH bless you!

Thanks

3. hanging out profile image61
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

1. Can every believer be a teacher of God's Word?

NO. a teacher is a gift of the spirit. When a person recieves this gift through proper channels and is imbued from on high with the baptism in the holy ghost, then after training from god, God will distribute the gift accordingly. Everybody wants to be but so many are not ordained of god.

2. Does an animals have soul?

Yes, but that soul does not get the animal into heaven. Mans spirit is what differentiates between animal and human. If you really think there are going to be 1 billion humans and 20 billion animals in heaven... this position really needs to be rethought. I've had 30 cats in my household and i really don't want to see any of them there. Besides the sin factor is important. If animals just go to heaven then we have to throw out scriptures like, being born again, repentance, doing gods will.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)