1000 years of peace, when?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

There will be 1000 years of peace, when? Just think no more hateful remarks toward each other, it will be a time of joy or is this just another good story?

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That begins the day that the faeries and unicorns come.  I can't wait either.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/u/unicorn_-9887.jpg

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't knock it - the concensus seems to be that the 1000 years  will start with the end of religion as we know it big_smile

THAT I believe.

[edit]: But I'm holding out hope for faeries and unicorns anyway.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dude - I am sooooo sorry. I am just branching out in a new venture, and - well - I didn't know - I thought they were just tasty horses. Never noticed the horn. sad

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/unicorn-meat1.jpg

Coming to a grocery store near you soon. Wonderful stuff. big_smile

As to the OP - LOL - Sure - when we shut the last religionist up, maybe. There is a quote about strangling the last king with the entrails of the last priest, but I suspect that is going to have to include politicians and lawyers as well.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

2. Shadesbreath profile image78

Why am I not surprised that a blasphemer like yourself would ridicule the gentle purity of unicorns?  You will find yourself outside the real Elysian Fields one day, unembraced by your own pack of lustful nymphs and dryads, un-fanned by the perfumed breezes of faery wings, alone in your desert of non-belief.  You won't even have a dragon to come eat you and put you out of your misery because you probably don't believe in them either. It's your bed, Mark; I hope you enjoy lying in it for ETERNITY.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not only did I ridicule the gentle purity - we are shipping unicorn meat right now.

Try it - then get back to me. wink

3. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Excellent Source of Sparkles!"

"Magic in Every Bite!"

Love it. big_smile

2. Neil Sperling profile image58
      Neil Sperlingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who Knows - Just remember who is the guys name on first base.
      However - According to the Mayan Calender, life as we know it ends Dec 21st 2012 so maybe that will be the beginning of the beginning. This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius... LOL .

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who knows? Too much chosen ignorance in the world to predict the future.
      A hateful remark is subject to one person's view. A hateful remark to one, could be funny to another. So much for that. A time of joy? It would be helpful if people actually understood life, then the joy they seek would be evident. wink

4. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there are several beliefs about this.
      1. the Christian: 1000 years of physical earthly reign by Y`shua Moshiach according to the misinterpretation of John's letter of revealing.
      2. The Judaic belief of a 2nd Sabbath. In this view there is to be a full day (1,000) years of rest post-creation.
      3. There is also a prophetic view that says this was the time from King David to King Y`shua. (there was 1,000 years between them, historically).

According to the letter of revealing, this precedes the 1st resurrection; is post-salvation AND post-fall of Babylon.

5. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are not wrapped up in some blinders-type faith thing - then you may be living within the 1000 years of PEACE right now - if you believe that peace is something that happens outside of yourself, then it'll never happen.

6. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where do you get the concept that there will be a 1000 years of peace on earth????

I cain't find it in my bible????

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78
        Judah's Daughterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read Revelation 20, but really, you need to start in Chapter 19, showing that the beast (Antichrist) and false prophet are thrown into the Lake of Fire and Satan bound in the bottomless pit at the beginning of the millennia.  The only ones resurrected at that time are the saints in Christ.  That's why it is said the thousand years will be peaceful.  Havoc takes place again at the end of the thousand years when Satan is released for a 'short time' and goes out to deceive the nations and get them to surround the Holy City for war.  There is no fight, for the Bible says fire comes from heaven and destroys him and his cohorts; he is cast into the Lake of Fire.  The second resurrection (unbelievers) follows suit; then the Judgment Seat, at which time all those whose names are not found written in the Lamb's Book of Life are cast into the Lake of Fire.  The only ones left are those in Christ ~ thus, the New Heaven and New Earth become manifest with no more evil present in the world.  And they lived happily ever after.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hilarious! lol lol lol

Now go brush your teeth and get ready for bed.

Now why would I want to do that at lunchtime? lol
              More projection I guess it must be your bedtime! lol

2. Jerami profile image58

I'm sorry I started writting an answer and it went on and on,
          I layed down to think about one issue and fell to sleep.

For a short answer (for now)

John saw the souls of dead people that reigned with Christ.
            This does not say that Christ reighns on earth with these souls.

Doesn't say that there will be peace on earth for 1000 years.

John saw their souls before they were resurrected, then saw their bodies resurrected.  They reign with Christ for a thousand years.  After that time, when Satan is released, he gathers armies to surround the Holy City (current Jerusalem).  This is not the New Jerusalem.  It is when all evil is destroyed that the New Jerusalem comes DOWN FROM HEAVEN to earth.  Earth was created for a reason, for a season.  We will indeed have a "New Earth" when the "New Jerusalem" comes down from the heavens to rest upon her.  We will also have a "New Heaven", for who knows; we certainly may not need oxygen to live, considering we will be immortal.  Those things I certainly can't answer, only speculate...

7. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

When he says so thats when and not one freaking minute before or after

8. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's all a matter of faith.  There will be a time when enmity will be placed between the righteous and Satan because the people will actually desire for righteousness and will seek not to do evil.  We don't know when the exact time is.  There is still a host of things that must take place beforehand.  However, with this era of peace will be a exponential magnifying of knowledge across the entire spectrum.  Also, throughout this time will be degrees of resurrections of the just down to the unjust.

2. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

you will be surprised

Yep, I will be surprised if somehow one religion out the thousands that came before and since suddenly turns out to be the right one this time, especially in defiance of anything resembling even the tiniest microbe of evidence to support even the plausibility.  I would be surprised for sure.

3. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

There was a news story on msn that German scientists found a unicorn, a rare deer with only one antler a few days ago! think it was Germans

I love Germans.

4. Aiden Roberts profile image69
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Germans roll
    Seriously 1000 years of peace needs to start somewhere, find and make peace in your own mind with your own life and it may just become infectious (not at all a religous statement)rather a statement of fact, from small acorns grow big happy trees smile

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It will be there Jeremi. The bible has every stupid concept in it, they just need the proper "interpretation". lol lol lol

If you can't find it, just read into it. That is the religious way! lol

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 13 years ago

Seems most likely that the best chance for 1,000 years (or maybe 1,000,000 years) of peace is likely to come right after Armageddon.

No humans alive to see it, of course.

True; it's after Har-Magedon that the millennial reign begins.  I'm still not sure who the saints will be ruling over during that time, and who Satan is able to deceive at the end of that period, gathering them together to surround the Holy City (Gog and Magog).  Some say mortals will survive the tribulation and continue to have families and will choose to serve God or not during that time.  The Bible's not clear about this question.

The bible is not clear on ANY question! lol

You missed a spot!  Re-brush...

Do you have some sort of tooth fetish? lol

Actually, I do ~ thanks for the smiles

2. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

With the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Promised Messiah, the Armageddon for peace has already started. He who wins the hearts with peaceful arguments wins.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, no matter what anyone else says, you've already proclaimed yourself the winner. smile

*I am a hate mongering atheist.

*according to the peaceful winner. wink

2. earnestshub profile image80

That rules you and all the other religious out! lol

1. profile image50

How? please

Just read the hateful crud in your quoran or the bible, both are about the same.

Neurotic, psychotic, hateful crud designed to frighten children and horses! lol
              I guess if someone is crazy enough to believe in a sky fairy they would have trouble reading anything and understanding it! lol

1. Jerami profile image58

The only reason as to why Christians have such a problem understanding scripture is because the church; for many hundreds of years, has been teaching mostly Interpretations of what is actually written in scripture.

2. profile image50

Hi friend

I think you have not read Quran yourself; there is nothing in Quran which you have described.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Anyone got a beer to wash down this unicorn meat ?????

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)