visitors to hubs and a Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. kiigeorge profile image61
    kiigeorgeposted 13 years ago

Im new here, been at Hub pages about 4-5 days, and have 3 hubs. Ive noticed a pattern and would like to know the reason behind it.

My hubs get quite a few visitors first day they are up. The last hub had about 80 visits on the first day. The visitors to my first two quickly fell away in no's by the third - 4th day, and im expecting that will happen to my last hub.

I havnt done any promoting yet because ive been reading about that. So where do the readers come from, and why does it all stop after 3 - 4 days? Must be an internal thing i think ? Other hubbers having a look perhaps ?

I joined up because i enjoy writing and because i read a hub by an experienced hubber with 400 hubs, who said he's making about $1000 a month from hubs, most of that coming from Adsense. Very little by comparison comes from Amazon commissions for instance. People rarely click through and buy it seems.

Ive been waiting 4 days to hear back from Adsense. Another post said he'd been waiting two weeks. Meanwhile my hubs are loaded with Adsense so thats good for everyone except the one who put in the creative effort to write the hub. How long does it take to hear from Adsense. Anyone have any idea ?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok you have a few questions here so I'll try and answer one at a time.

Views decreasing - For the first few days your hubs will be shown under "new hubs" and in the "hub hopper" so more hubpage members will view them. However you may have to wait days, weeks or months to get good traffic from google - and people who visit from google and other outside links are the ones who click ads.

Amazon - People such as Nelle Hoxie - resident Amazon guru of the site - make plenty of money off "sales" type hubs. If you want to learn to make money off sales hubs, her advice would be the place to start!

Adsense - How many hubs it takes to make money varies. Most people find they get 80% of earnings from just a handful of hubs. Either a lot of luck or a lot of keyword research and backlinking goes into finding a great topic. Many hubbers take the "More is better" approach and just keep churning out hubs in hopes of getting that really good one. Others manage to make a few thousand a month off just a few (Misha has 21 hubs and is making lots of cash.)

Adsense - where do you live? Hubpages has a special deal with adsense to get hubbers through approval quicker. However some countries that produce a lot of spammers and ToS breakers may have to wait longer (even if you're legitimate). Countries that may take longer include China and India. If you still haven't heard in a few days or are in the US or somewhere similar, email team@hubpages.com and they will be able to hopefully get your application through - it might have been lost in the adsense pile.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Can I also add that you can view your traffic sources by going to My Account ~> Traffic Sources. That will tell you exactly where your traffic is coming from.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just wondering, Kiigeorge, if you've been approved for amazon yet? If so your men's bracelets hub is more a "selling" hub instead of an "informational" hub and would be a great place to link some amazon bracelets in an amazon hub.

3. kiigeorge profile image61

thank you wrylit that was very very helpful. You answered all my questions beautifully. Thank you.

and thank you also Izzym for the additional tip.

you guys are great.

4. kiigeorge profile image61

hi Wrylit -
    yes black-bracelets ( for men )  is a selling hub. It links to a webpage of mine and from there to Amazon, but i think a direct link or two to Amazon is a good idea. Thanks.
    im interested in your hubs now and will be going to have a look soon. You have been very helpful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)