Trying to get ebay affiliate account

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Aiden Roberts profile image68
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Hi I have applied to ebay partner network, they want me to verify my ownership, I need to try an add it to my blog on blogger but don't know how, I have saved the text file but now they want me to upload the file to the base directory? How do I do that on blogger?

Obviously once I have been verified I can use ebay on hubpages.

Any Ideas would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aiden, as others have said, you can only apply to eBay if you own your own domain.  Using blogger won't help because you don't own your domain there, either.

Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think your question shows an attempt to understand on your own, dont think being jumped on was warranted in this case (though often it is)

The base directory mentioned, is the root file of your OWN hosted domain

ex)

aidensblog  (base directory)

adensblog/wordpress

aidensblog/wordpress/plugins

( This would make sense if you were looking at your file directory within a website)

Since blogger is not your own hosted site you can not use it to apply to ePn

If you really want to try: http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-WebSite-Ho … -beginners

and get a domain

put up 5 or 6 quality original articles, wait a month or so, and apply to ePn

Thank You Sunforged
        I do understand how frustrating it must be for the hubbers with the knowledge. I for one would certainly never abuse the generosity of the hierarchy of hubbers and do try to figure stuff out myself.
        I must admit I was quite upset at people I respect suggesting I wouldn't help strangers, not least because due to my inexperience it would be like the tail trying to wag the dog.
        Never mind I am a big boy now so can roll with the punches.
        Really appreciate your comments and from such an esteemed source has really boosted my confidence and spurred me on.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

All the info you need is on the ebay website. Have you read the information there and can't understand it. Or do you expect us to read it for you.

Honestly I'm getting tired of the questions that people ask because they expect us to do their homework for them.

Very sorry you feel that way, It is not my intention to get people to do the work for me it's just that I have no idea what a base directory is.

Thanks Anyway, I will check out the Ebay site as you suggested the email they sent wasn't very helpful.

Still can't figure it out, seems like ebay doesnt like new bloggers or hubbers anyway so will give it up for now until I have my own domain.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I'm sure it says in the help section that Ebay is not accepting affiliates unless they have their own domain.

Yes, here is is:

eBay has changed the terms of their affiliate program, and is not currently approving applications of people that do not operate a site on their own domain. If you have an approved ePN account you can use it on HubPages. If you do not have an ePN account, you are very unlikely to be approved by applying using your presence on HubPages. If you have a site on a domain that you own, we'd suggest applying using that site.

I went to the help section, I typed in Ebay in the search box, it took me 30 seconds.

4. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I think you are missing the point completely mate!

I agree completely with what Nelle is saying and would add that it is always with some just one way traffic!

That's why the last time you did this I asked you What you intended to Trade for the FREE HELP that gets you flying?

Maybe you could take the time occassionally and help someone else... instead of leaving it to those that are also generally happy to help... but not lazy ppl who don't try for themselves.

Real Simple to Understand if you look at it from our perspective yeah?  Would you help me? A total stranger... probably not hmm

If You Don't OWN YOUR OWN Domain you are wasting your time with EBAY.... Once again... put yourself in their shoes hmm

I take on board everything you have said, I would add that I am not a freeloader just a little wet behind the ears.

I would be glad to help anyone if I was confident enough however at this moment in time (5 weeks on hubpages)  I certainley do not feel qualified to offer the advice you guys and gals do.

I generally try to participate and try my best not to annoy, sadly this seems to have backfired!

I do appreciate the help and advice I have recieved so far and certainley do not take for granted the time, effort and honesty fellow hubbers offer.

I will consider myself well and truly told sad sad sad

1. TamCor profile image81
        TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aiden--Hang in there, and please don't give up,just because of of a few less-than-polite comments...I've been here for over a year and still get confused by the answers on the Google Adsense and Amazon websites, so don't feel bad... sad

And yes, you have to have your own domain to be accepted by Ebay--I've been rejected by them twice, and have been a seller on there for years, which obviously doesn't mean a thing to them!

Good luck--I'm sure you're going to do fine! smile

Tammy

Thanks Tammy
          I was a little shocked by response I must admit.
          As an adviser ln the real world I would never offer advice I wasn't qualified to give it would be wrong.
          I can understand that it must be frustrating answering the same question over and over but to besmirch is a bit unfair. I will try and take the comments on board and be helpful if I can but I will not be deterred by a few frustrated people.
          Thanks Tammy for your support

5. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

Even if you do own your own domain, you might still have a problem getting accepted (like me). I've given up with eBay and do quite well with Amazon, although I don't use Amazon on my domain...I don't want to hock crappy weight loss products, anyways. Oh well, it's eBay's loss! big_smile

Thanks for that

I have sort of arrived at the same conclusion.

Best to get on with what actually works here on hubpages rather than what doesn't.

Thanks again

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)