Man is a Spirit

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (183 posts)
  1. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

Man is a Spirit:

Spirit is associated with the unseen right?

The breath of the Almighty in man, this spirit lives in man who is clothed in a body. Why do I say man is a spirit? Have you ever listened to your inner man before acting physically? we ought to live from the inside not outside. The true nature of a god(spirit). John 10:35

It becomes dynamic(the ability cause changes beyond the ordinary) when influenced by the Holy Spirit.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is voodoo ?   I was raised Catholic and lived in a convent where I received intense religious instruction for many years until I became totally convinced it was nonsense.  BUT this is beyond nonsense and into gibberish.  I guess this is the degeneration of organised religious words into babel as the historical disgrace that is religion collapses.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

" the historical disgrace that is religion collapses."

You don't have to be a religious person, but your open hatred for religion, and by association religious people, is just as bad and unreasonable (moreso in a way) as any other blanket hatred. Racists, sexists, xenophobes, the anit-gay, etc. you have placed yourself firmly in their camp. Congratulations.

1. profile image0

Don't be so ridiculous - It is more than clear that the fantasy that is religion is collapsing all around you - I don't hate it - I am just pointing out the historical reality of the situation and the violent repressive past of it.  The modern so-called religion is clearly fragmenting into little sects all with their own agenda - and among them is this kind of misreading of misinterpreted bullshit.

And all your fellow haters are just as certain of the 'correctness' of their positions. You've put yourself in distinct company.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's no reason to be racist, sexist, xenophobes or anti-gay. That kind of unwarranted hatred is all a religious thing for the most part.

Your suggestion that disliking religions is an intolerance comparable to the above ignores the facts that there is good reason to dislike religion, and nobody's trying to limit your rights and freedoms.

Really bad comparison.

There is no reason to hate faith and religion either. Intolerance is intolerance. It doesn't change just for those things that you think it's ok to hate - that is the essence of intolerance. One or the other - let's not be hypocritical.

2. Cly Walsh profile image61
        Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

/agree

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
        Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

job 32:8 says but there is a spirit in man,and the breath of the almighty gives him understanding.

1. qwark profile image61
          qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...so you are just guessing too.
          You read and accept.
          You just made my fundamental point that you are a "follower," not a "thinker."

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

while you are guessing,I am understanding

1. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Except for the first men on earth "we are all followers".

We are all thinkers as to what or who to follow.
                 Ya just don't know, what ya don't know, ya know?

2. qwark profile image61

..that is an expected, "trite" monotheistic response that has no meaning to a "thinker" except that it portrays the responder as being a childish, primitive, easily led sycophant.

you was the one that admitted to being a guesser

1. qwark profile image61

hahahaha...oh jeez!

2. profile image0

Just like you to bring in a sick ophant, you know that kids and animals always win in the end! Isn't the ophant one that didn't get on the ark, or was that the one that wasn't well so they fed it to the lions ?

china man it makes me sad to here how bad you hurt!!!

1. profile image0

You get that I hurt so bad because I joke with your barmy ideas ?  Now that is a joke.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
          Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

David, Knowledge is actually power. Good to know that you understand the realities of the spirit in man. I thank God for your walking in this Greater Light.

Thank you my brother

3. profile image0

The intelligent people who thought about these things in earlier times often wrote their thoughts about metaphysical things in metaphorical language - and I expect the listeners understood the metaphorical nature of it all.  You are recessing in evolutionary terms by reading it as 'concrete'.  If you consider a person who is alive one second and dead the next - how do you describe, before science speak, what has gone that was there before?  You have to tell it like a story, with metaphors and symbols - this is quite clear and obvious to anyone who has ever consciously written anything rather than just put their thoughts directly in words.

4. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

the human mind without the HOLY SPIRIT cannot understand the things of GOD !!!

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Holy Spirit wasn't given until after Christ's ascension. How was it the Disciples understood and the ones before?

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they were in the midst of the spirit being led by Him. As Y`shua was fully anointed of the Spirit. The fullness of it had not come until the Word fulfilled the Will & Testimony.
            After which -as promised, the word did not return empty, accomplishing that desire and the Teacher came to them, and upon the 'gentiles' who believed.

wink

1. profile image0

No kidding. Thanks so much for TEACHING me...as though I have no idea about anything. I was simply questioning HIS beliefs.

You do know the spirit couldn't come unto Christ ascended?

1. profile image0

yes, the Fullness of it.
                even the prophets were 'touched' with the anointing.

{ sorry for the 'teaching thing', misread your reply. }

wink

1. profile image0

I didn't mean to offend..There are times I ask people questions just to see what THEY will tell me..

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

.The LORD told his desciples things they did not understand until they recieved the HOLY SPIRIT

1. Cagsil profile image71
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you know WHY they didn't understand him? hmm

Sorry, it had nothing to do with the Holy Spirit. roll

The way of fool is right in his own eyes

You're not too bright, huh? I'm just asking. You don't have to admit anything if you don't want to.

you speak of things you dont and will not try to understand!!!

Eye has not seen,nor ear heard,Nor have entered into the heart of man Thethings which GOD has prepared for those who love him

5. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

for what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?even so no one knows the things of GOD except the spirit of GOD.now we have recieved,not the spirit of the world,but the Spirit who is from GOD,that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by GOD.

1. profile image54
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you think you might attempt a shot at syntax now and again? I can't understand what you said. Thanks.

thats what I just said !!!

the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of GOD,for they are foolishness to him;nor can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned.

1. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The natural man does not believe in your crazed invisible entity. smile
              It takes indoctrination to believe the pile in the bible, as it does with the taliban or any other religious fanaticism.

like your sci.phy.dung

Just because I do not believe in your invisible hate-filled fairy has nothing to do with what I believe otherwise.
                  I don't wade in dog dung either. smile Why don't you read outside the "truth" You may grow out of your pathetic reliance on a sky fairy.

2. profile image54

The invisible and undetectable, yes. For us to be spirit, we would have to violate a number of physical laws of our universe. And, since there is no evidence to support those violations, we refer to the old adage that the invisible and non-existent are one and the same.

you beleive in evolution,with no proof,so you have faith in something non-existent!!!

3. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have evidence of your claim--and can we do an independent study on the veracity of your claim?  Will all, objective, scientific experiments be consistent with your findings?

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this supposed to qualify/clarify your statement in the other thread that Believers become gods?
      I hope SOMETHING does!  LOL

...I think you have reversed the Word unnecessarily.

God is Spirit, yes.
      But not all spirits are God.

Christians do have the Spirit of God within them.
      But we are children of God, not gods ourselves, nor will we ever be gods and we will most certainly never be God.

The Scriptures in John, etc., are referring to the Godly authority with which Christians can act and speak about Him.
      And of course there's the power of God that can be sent through us, as in healing and etc.
      The shadow of Peter, I think it was, fell upon some people and they were healed instantly!
      But Peter was in the direct presence of the Lord Jesus during his life,  and Jesus and the Disciples performed many miracles to show the power of God and the purity of the Gospel.
      I think it's pretty egotistical to make the statement that you made, without qualifying it immediately.

5. qwark profile image61

Andrew:
      Can you "define" for me what you mean by "spirit" as you use it in your comment?
      TY

6. qwark profile image61

It would sure be nice if you clarified, for us, exactly what'cha mean by "spirit."
      Is that asking too much?
      Spirit has so many connotations, booze is a "spirit," my "spirits" are hi, I am filled with the a"spirit" of Xmas, was there a "spirit" in the room?...lets get in the "spirit" of the mood." and then 
      there are religious connotations.
      I'm confused. To which connotation do you refer to?

Hey Qwark, you didn't seriously think you were going to get an answer? lol lol lol  But, now that I said something, watch someone answer. roll lol lol

1. qwark profile image61

CAgs:
          Why are you the catalyst?

No, I just could see it happening. Part of irony of life. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

Let me guess! lol lol lol

1. qwark profile image61

Earn: I'm waiting with "baited" breath....lol

lol lol the fish will be along soon. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Earn:
              I know I spelled it wrong!...damnit! :-)
              "Bated" breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as terror or awe.
              Shakespeare is the first writer known to use it, in The Merchant of Venice, in which Shylock says to Antonio: “Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key, With bated breath and whisp’ring humbleness.
              I'm such a "nerd." lol

I'll agree. lol lol That you're at least on point about. lol

1. qwark profile image61

Ah Cags:
                  But "nerds" RULE!...:-)

I'm not saying they don't. I'm still one myself. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

I knew that! I just took the opportunity to use the typo to have a laugh.
                Australian humour can be a little different, you see I saw humour in it. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Me too....lol..:-)
                  I hate it tho when I type that sometimes things slip out phonetically......arggghhh..
                  Oh well, thats just the nerd in me.....lol :-)

I hate Freudian slips. I make far too many of them! lol
                    Never was a fan of Freud! lol

3. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a spirit

7. qwark profile image61

Andrew:
      I've asked yo a couple times to tell me what this spirit thing is you refer to.
      I haven't gotten an answer yet.
      Why is that?

8. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is much truth in what you've posted.  All things are spiritually begotten before they are temporally.  All spirit is matter but exists on a much more refined platform than we can physically see.  Many would do well to consider what the inner spirit is telling them rather than to listen to the flesh.  My opinion. smile

9. cromestrings profile image57
      cromestringsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct, most of the meditation techniques are associated with breath, and some sages say that "breath is the only prayer."

Meditation is the key to access the dimensions beyond the physical.

1. profile image54

What dimensions, exactly? Where are they and what is going on there, since you seem to know a lot about it?

1. cromestrings profile image57
          cromestringsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You cannot approach those dimensions with logical mind. You must have heard about people who posses different mystical powers. It is nothing but their consciousness is in a different dimension. 

There are so many like this not one. You can read the book "Autobiography of a Yogi" where he has explained some..

Also if you follow OSHO then you can go through his books also.
          However in order to bring those dimensions in your own experience you need an "Initiation" by a realized or Enlightened master.  It will make your job easy of self experiencing dimensions beyond physical.

If you still want to know more then there is a video "Dimension Beyond The Physical" by Isha Foundation.

1. profile image54

In other words, they are fantasies.

They are insane.

So, I need to talk with others who are insane in order for me to experience their insanity? Makes sense, sort of.

Meditation might be great for stress management, but that's about it.

10. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Man technically is not the spirit. Man is the outline of God. Man was made in his image. God and his son are the spirits.

11. TonyAtHubPages profile image69
      TonyAtHubPagesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus wasn't a spirit and neither are we.

“Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.” (Luke 24:39 AV)

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Our spirit body is housed in our solid body. Regardless of what that verse says.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And you know this how? smile

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that it is kinda like having a broken arm.
               If ya have one you just know it.

Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, I would disagree. wink

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Having a soul is the same as excruciating pain in which a doctor has to reset the soul back into place, put a cast on it and let it heal until it goes away?

Interesting. smile

You know what you know!
                   What you think..  you think you know

What you don't think  You know NOT.

Ya just don't know what you don't know, ya know?

1. Beelzedad profile image59

You believe you have a soul.

I understand I couldn't possibly have a soul. smile

You might be right....    I don't think so.

I think that you do not know what you don't know.

12. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Man is spirit created and then take on human life to serve here on earth, after serving man reutrns to spirit life.

13. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure about the Holy Spirit thing, but I know we have a soul/spirit housed within our bodies. When we die it is released, when we sleep it comes out, if you are frightened or going through trauma it 'may' come out and view, along with while mediating to a higher form of meditation.

Astral project, soul travel, Out of body experience (OBE), etc. is some names used for coming out of your body spiritually, by experiencing your spirit body.

We should be more connected to our inner self --for sure!

2. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

...and when that Spirit fulfills the Word in you, that which man had and is Y`shua resurrected, will show itself plainly.

Once again a glorified creation.
    Once again served by angels.
    Once again walking with Elohim.

{ nice to meet you Andrew }

1. Hokey profile image60

No comment   roll

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Man is spirit yes, but man is also flesh. The flesh hates the spirit and likewise the spirit hates the flesh. Whichever man overcomes the other is the victor.

1. profile image0

Where do you get this info? The spirit hates the flesh? Please give some info on this. Enmity means opposed to but it doesn't mean hate. (at war with another). For instance we decide to be a better person but the flesh becomes weak and we get angry or we gossip. So it is actually the conscious and subconscious that war with each other  We are to ascend the body along with the mind.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

H342
        איבה
        'êybâh
        ay-baw'
        From H340; hostility: - enmity, hatred.

1. profile image0

enmity |ˈenmitē|
          noun ( pl. -ties)
          the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something :

hostile |ˈhästl; ˈhäˌstīl|
          adjective
          unfriendly; antagonistic :

It never means hatred..they are duality and pull against each other. But this makes both the spirit and flesh grow. It teaches us. You do know we have to ascend the body also right?

1. profile image0

You do know that this flesh we now have will return to the dust of the earth? Those who are saved will be given new bodies which are incorruptible.

1. profile image0

Did Christ's turn to dust or did he tell Thomas to thrust his hand into his wound?
              Yes, the old body will be renewed...But what you're saying is not what it means.

1. profile image0

It is still a different body. Remember ther two walking to Emmaeus? They didn't recognize their own savior because He looked different.

1. profile image0

No, it was because they thought he was dead. He wasn't even ascended.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57

Hi Deborah Sexton, the spirit in man only repels the works of the flesh. Many of us here do have various passions for real and you'll agree with me that change is most constant. Here in HubPages community, many of us stumbled in and started learning the ropes which have continued to be very resourceful in recent times.

As we do learn lots here in the community regarding possible best ways of making money on the Internet, learning about the inherient powers in man by the spirit are not left out for me.

The Spirit Life is a reality, if you'll live from the inside, then you're at your rightful place. The words contained in the Bible are more to a history compilations of men whom many do not believe that existed. Anyone can quote, preach. demonstrate the written word(scripture) but it is the power of God unto salvation to them that believe.

1. profile image0

I'm not sure what you are saying to me. I believe we have a spirit.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is exactly what the Cathars believed!

3. marcel285 profile image63
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too true

4. profile image0

What would be your explanation of the resurrected Y`shua, Enoch, Elijah? If this body must dissolve/be removed, what is the purpose of regeneration of the body when it is injured? Why the need for healing at all then?

The body itself should remain, the mind renewed and spirit encompass both. This is what believers are missing. The work doesn't stop at the cross. There was a resurrection and a sending of the Teacher.

Clinging to the cross, is only going to give you splinters and a grave.

just sayin`

4. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 14 years ago

No I think the bible is clear that man is not spirit. God created man from the dust of the earth then God breathed HIS spirit into the man and he became a living being. Man consists of dust and though the miraclulous working of God, those base elements work in the brain by bio-chemical-electrical processes to give us a living conciousness - the soul which can be seen via an MRI scanner. On death, the body and therefore the soul dies, and God takes back His breath.

There is no scriptural evidence that I can find that is evidence that we have our own immortal spirit apart from God. I cn provide chapter and verse if required.

So, another angle on the god thing. smile
      Man's spirit has nothing to do with any gods.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

st see no evidence that man has his own spirit.

OK, well we can close on the dust at least. smile

5. Andrew0208 profile image57

What makes man a spirit is not because the Bible said it or not. Neither religion! Every man believer or unbeliever that has the unseen breath of life in him, housed by the physical body is a spirit. The unseen breath in man has a path and a lifestyle that superceed senses of the seen. I'm still a progressive student of this reality of the Spirit life in us especially on the related influences of the Holy Spirit on the same. This is beyond the letters, self, science and religion.

It's beyond belief is what it is! lol

6. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Man is the seed which contain the Spirit of God.

Man is the of the earth.
    The Spirit is of God.

Is the Spirit of God is come in the FLESH?

Yes! And when that realisation comes, that one becomes a god-man or god and the son of God. For He is born again.

If a man remain a man then he dies as a man.

But if i man clings to the Spirit of truth, he becomes god and cannot die.

Do you believe this?

1. profile image0

I dunno about Andrew, but I sure don't believe that!

And that's not how one gets born-again.

And, I'm pretty sure many people of the religious faith don't understand what it really means to be "re-born" as in what Jesus' was talking about. The version in all the bibles have been twisted in order to keep the "god" concept a hidden hoax.

It's unfortunate. But, if you do the historical research, and not limiting yourself to only certain areas, but to encompass all historic accounts, then you find out the real answer to what it means to be "re-born" -(*hint: it's a metaphor for what?).

Just a thought. smile

Btw- It's worth the research. wink

1. profile image0

(sigh)
          Why is "man" always committing the same mistake Lucifer made??

Trying to become gods.

One woulda thought they'd have learned by now....

Who said anything about trying to become a "GOD"?

Read something into what I said. Apparently. roll

2. profile image0

Kess, my good friend.

Many have fallen short of this.
      Should they realize simply one thing:  Adam was a glorified being -both flesh/blood & spirit. Y`shua proved this by His resurrection.
      Sadly, 99% of those who accept the Truth of the Word made flesh, his work and resurrection do not accept this.

Even w/ the examples: Enoch, Elijah still do not believe. Even when Peter walked on the water and his itty-bitty shadow restored a man's health, they still don't believe.
      Even when Y`shua appeared to them, they still don't believe.

When they really looks at exactly WHY the Word became flesh, what 'sin' actually is, they cannot deny this is Truth.

"Having a form of godliness, but denying its power...they worm their way into homes, where the weak are, chasing all kinds of personal desire...always learning but never understanding the Truth...As Jannes & Jambres opposed Moses, these oppose the Truth..subtle but twisted minds...with false faith."

[Paul's 2nd letter to Timothy]

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

What did I read into?

You said the version in all the Bibles have been twisted.
    Didn't you mean the Bible is wrong?
    Or please explain, if that's not what you meant.

8. profile image0

Let's put it this way:

And if the Spirit of Him
    who raised Y`shua from the dead
    is living in you

He who raised Christ from the dead
    will also give life to your mortal bodies
    through his Spirit
    who lives in you

9. profile image0

Twenty One Days,

That passage is about people trying to imitate the power of God and not recognizing the source of witchcraft and the difference between it and Godly power.
    They succeeded in some instances, but it was indeed only an imitation.  God's power was more powerful.

(Editing to say I mean the passage about Jannes and Jambres.)

1. profile image0

yes, i know. precisely my point. His power is the only power.

and the 2nd posting confirms the first.

the sole purpose of the manifesting of Y`shua -the testimony & word of the Father, the spirit of prophecy, was to remove 'sin'.
      what is sin? acceptance of less than the full measure of the spirit in us -as it was with Adam.

until humans -especially the believing- live this, each one will die. Each one will be tempted by their own personal agenda/desires/flesh, led by fear - denying the Spirits power.

are we not elohim? yes. why? because He is Elohim.
      are we not spirit? yes. why? because He is Spirit.
      are we not flesh/blood? yes. why? because He is Flesh & Blood.

this is faith & clothed with power.
      anything else is false truth & witchcraft.

ps, how are you Brenda?

10. profile image0

I'm alive and kickin', just not always very high!
    haha
    That's what my Dad always used to say.

Thanks for asking.

Well, I disagree that we are Elohim and that He is flesh and blood.
    Flesh and blood is what we are now, in this life.
    We will not be that when we get to Heaven.
    Jesus was flesh and blood when He walked on earth.  I submit to you that He is no longer flesh and blood.  He is God, who is Spirit.
    Flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

While I understand that that has a Spiritual meaning; it also has a literal meaning.

11. profile image0

question then: did Thomas put his literal hand into Y`shua's side, hands/feet after the resurrection?
    did Y`shua literally eat fish/bread with them on the beach after the resurrection?

Indeed. He is flesh & blood. woohoo!

12. profile image0

You sure about that?

The eating of food with them was necessary to show the dense dummies (haha the disciples) that He was the same former friend of theirs who walked with them in life, that He was real and not a figment of their imagination.
    Same with the doubting Thomas episode.

There's no reason that Jesus would want to retain a flesh-and-blood body forever.

That you can think of? Maybe you've not learned enough? Hmmmm.......? wink

1. profile image0

Nope.  I'm purty shure He wouldn't.  ha

I'm actually solidly sure.

God "became man" (in the sense that a piece of His Spirit was put into a human body) to set an example to man, an example that would save man's souls.

The Father was of course still "in His heaven".

The goal of the incarnation of God into Jesus was to do just that----to show God's Love for all mankind so that they could be saved.

It was NOT for God to "become man".

The Creator does not become the created.
        And the created does not become the Creator.

God doesn't change.  He still is worthy of a thing called WORSHIP.
        And He always will be!

lol lol lol You have much to learn. lol lol lol

2. profile image0

Positive.
      He did eat food and they did touch Him after He arose.
      Thus He has a physical body -a glorified physical body.
      Blood is the life of the body.
      So he has both a body/blood.

Enoch, Elijah -both body/blood- were 'quickened' aka glorified
      Adam -body/blood was once glorified.

We, who have faith to believe - will not die, but be 'quickened/changed' aka glorified.
      We are predestined to be 'transformed into His likeness' {as that of Y`shua resurrected}

This glorification is the restoration of Grace.
      This is Salvation witnessed by the Word of Elohim & the Testimony of Y`shua Moshiach. By Grace we are saved, through faith.

"not of ourselves it is a gift from Elohim; not of our works, lest we should boast"

{{ just got excited again!!! }}

3. profile image0

Not true and even the Angels ate.

13. Andrew0208 profile image57

Twenty One Days, I see you speak by His Spirit now. We ought to know the finished work of God in our lives; what we're! And not what we try to become of God. Thanks for letting it out. There're many instances where the scripture by His Spirit alerted us our true nature despite the housing body(flesh). Hope you know that working with your spirit(the inner man) will always put you at the right track. Sure guide! Anyone could say what's the heck? We don't try to become gods(spirits) religiously. For He has said "ye are gods." John 10:34-35. Not for pride nor any religious sake but knowing whom you're and making good use of it is the core drive of this thread.

1. profile image54

Andrew's not here to discuss anything, just here to preach the gospel, the core drive.

14. joshuachlim profile image60
    joshuachlimposted 14 years ago

Man is a Spirit:
    Spirit is associated with the unseen right?
    that means there is an unseen spiritual world
    n there are other spirits like angels n dark evil spirits.

so how can people say that God is man's imagination?

1. Hokey profile image60

roll I would take this on but in the mood I am in I would hurt some story tellers feelings. Enjoy your fairy tales and make sure you sleep with the closet light on. Boogie monster is roaming.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hokey, please come hang out in the tribe, as I want to talk to you, but I keep forgetting where I last left you...

1. Hokey profile image60

ok

2. profile image0

You just said so yourself !   for goodness sake *sigh*

15. Andrew0208 profile image57

Sometimes scary to many hearing the word "spirit." Never get scared! In this contest, it is obvious that the unseen breath(life) in you is spirit. That's the real you not your body and it's senses. "Living from the Inside."

16. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hmmmm......? hmm

17. Timothy Donnelly profile image60
    Timothy Donnellyposted 14 years ago

What is central to this thread is the premise that MAN IS A SPIRIT. This is a great premise in one sentence, but obviously only a part of the larger concept. While I agree that man IS a spirit, man is also part flesh & bone (and I say bone to avoid the blood part). God is Spirit, and just the same as man, God is also flesh & bone (only Glorified Immortal Flesh & Bone AND Spirit). This is how He returned to His Father in Heaven - unspotted from the world. BTW, while His Father watched from the heavens during His Son’s mortal life and ministry (doing the WORK of His Father) our (and Christ’s) Heavenly Father most high remained a complete person. This, in the sense that He remained a Spirit, and He also remained Flesh & Bone - A Glorious WHOLE and Holy Personage of Flesh & Bone AND Spirit (each component much better than our own).
    When we accept that The Godhead has at least two members (Father and Son) who occupy glorified bodies with their individual but LIKE Holy Spirits, then every scripture found can be reconciled with the other. What a concept - one that dispels confusion and offers a peaceful structure for Bible believers to adopt - and one that by Virtue of its Reconciliation (scripture passages - i.e.: WORD) and Peace (SPIRIT of) makes it TRUE.
    For corroborating witnesses, one may start looking at scripture verses from the Bible (Old and New Testaments), scriptures of other faiths, and the witnesses of people who have a testimony of such. This testimony is of course revealed to all of them through the Holy Ghost, again as backed up by scripture. One substantiates the other, and they all give this particular same, like, and one witness.
    For the nay-sayers that believe in the Bible, may I suggest that when it is read that the Father and Son are ONE, it is easy to reconcile this with other scriptures at seemed variance by understanding that the Father has a plan of Salvation, which the Son fulfilled. The Son did not branch out and do a Plan #2 of His own, NO; He was one in purpose with His Father and thus completely subjected Himself to the Father’s will, hence being ONE with Him.
    They (Father and Son) also bore (and bear) a REMARKABLE RESEMBLANCE, not unlike father and son seen in populations today. This is another reason (read: reconciliation) why Jesus says “he that hath seen me hath seen the Father” (and I submit - in looks as well as in purpose). Don’t forget, God our Eternal Heavenly Father most high is a perfect being, and once His Son ascended to Him after His resurrection, Jesus also became a perfect being - EXACTLY like His Father, and why not, surely it is for a great purpose! So, if you were and/or ever are blessed to see either of them in this life, you may as well have seen both.
    Take His (Christ’s) Word for it, or even the still small voice (Word) and witness of the Holy Ghost, the THIRD member of the Godhead who is ALSO (a) SPIRIT. The Holy Ghost is (a) Holy Spirit - yet, One of a matter so refined that He has the ability to witness unto our own individual God-given spirits the truth of all things - especially that the only begotten Son of God, who is Jesus Christ, IS the Messiah prophesied of in the Old Testament (and other sources of Holy writ). One corroborates the other, because they are True Writs of Reconciliation and Peace, which witness the Truth and magnificence of Jesus Christ.

1. profile image0

Christ was not and is not God.

1. profile image0

Tell Him that when you finally face Him;  see what He says.

1. profile image0

Oh I will, I will..He said it in Scripture, you just don't want to see it.
          Don't judge me either....It says not to judge remember..

1. profile image0

Don't be paranoid.
            I didn't say I was judging you.
            I said tell Him when you face Him.
            But you'd rather argue with me than to search the Word.

1. profile image0

I'm not paranoid. Yes you were judging me. Because I don't believe as you do I must be wrong.
              '
              I've searched Scripture, probably more than a lot of people. and not just in the measly English Bible.

I am arguing but your not??? RIGHT.

18. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

You don't say? hmm

Really? Hmmm.....?

Interesting, and you back this up how?

With a limited understanding of your own religion. How nice of you? roll

19. profile image0

foolishness.

restoration of Grace = salvation
    body, mind & spirit.

this was the glory of Elohim, man: a complete being, made in the image & likeness of Him, clothed in Grace.
    that glory is restored.

you can choose death if you like or you can choose life.
    you can choose a new body now, a renewed mind now, the Spirit in you now. What are you waiting for?

like a bird who's cage door is opened, but it refuses to be free.
    renew you mind in the Spirit of life and let the dead bury their own kind.

just sayin`

20. profile image0

you say spirit is unseen?

yes, to you it is, because you have no faith.
    like the sorcerers of old, trying to use some other door/method to evoke the spirit and its power.
    the law, the prophets, the books, the letters, the sin...

silliness.

21. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Man is like a seed.

Just as a seed contain more seeds and the tree and fruits, just the same is man.

All seeds must die, what matters is the type of death. Just as men.

Some seeds dies and never produces anything... Just as some men.

Some seed produces only after their "death" (truly they did not die) and burial,they then spring new their new life.

Some seeds will not  "die" and be buried before they spring their new life, for this seed is swallowed up by that new life of the tree that came forth from within.

So it would be with some men.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi kess,

It's good to see you here. How are you?

It's nice to see that there are at least a few who understand the nature of the spirit and one's responsibility to making it produce "fruit" so to speak.

22. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Andrew:
    I do hate redundancy, but I find it necessary in his case.
    You are either ignoring my question, or you have no answer.
    I'd like to consider your forum comment: "Man is a Spirit."
    Here is my question...again:
    "It would sure be nice if you clarified, for us, exactly what'cha mean by "spirit."
    Is that asking too much?
    Spirit has so many connotations, booze is a "spirit," my "spirits" are hi, I am filled with the a"spirit" of Xmas, was there a "spirit" in the room?...lets get in the "spirit" of the mood." and then 
    there are religious connotations.
    I'm confused. To which connotation do you refer to?"
    Ty.

23. Andrew0208 profile image57

qwark, the breath of life who is barely unseen but holds you living till date is the spirit in man, this man is lifeless without his spirit. The spirit in man which is the breath of life dies not even after the body dies and decays. This is where your real strength comes from not the outside.

I love being taught by my inner man(spirit) while I align my sensory perceptions to follow suit. Self, Religion, Science and World economies have failed but this one will keep you shining all times even when others around you are crying in pains and wondering why you're happy.

It's a choice lifestyle that beats the imaginations of the senses anyone can live. Anyone who is conscious to examine and put to work the inherient virtues and powers that are therein living from your spirit(The Inside). 

Boy are you preaching or what? I don't think so...guess what?It's a reality!

1. profile image0

Andrew - I am sure you are a nice guy but I have to say that you come over as a rambling loonie.  The mumbo jumbo came about when christianity met other religions. Christians traded off their spirits and lost souls for the demons and boogie men of the more exotic religions - so that they could claim them as christians.

You talk the same ethereal wish wash that the majick people have made up from supposedly ancient stuff that was really invented in the late middle ages as the anti of religion.

BUT - I have to say you come over as a nice guy, so hi smile

2. profile image54

Ignorance is bliss. The hypocrite emerges who takes advantage of what science has provided for them and then condemns it in favor of ignorance.

Uh, you're the one preaching, and no, it isn't reality.

3. qwark profile image61

Andrew:
      Your answer to my question is: "You don't know."
      You are offering "opinion" only in ref. to what this "spirit" thing is you are asking about.
      I will now dump your question into the "round file," and place you in the "not a credible 'hubber'" reference folder.
      Thanks tho, for clearing this up for me...:-)

24. Andrew0208 profile image57

Believing is a choice! qwark, I understand very well of your state; where you do not believe the existence of the unseen, God, divinity, and the Scriptures as you've always opposed the same. Good for you!

Truly, if you don't understand or know the spirit life, that doesn't make it non existent, many out there do and are willing to know more. NO SENTIMENTS HERE! 

It's working for me and many other believers even unblievers across the globe, in fact the spirit in man has nothing to do with religion as it's origin and functionalities.

1. profile image54

Believing usually isn't a choice, it never was for the vast majority of believers who were indoctrinated into their religions.

The "spirit life" can't exist as you claim it does, it violates too many of our physical laws, so it's not likely you or anyone else "know the spirit life" as that would be an obvious fabrication on their part, and yours.

your physical laws is all man made conjecture,faked and ordained by lieiers cooking the books just to confuse the weak minded sci-fie babes with spirit of deception!!!

1. profile image0

Maybe it is no coincidence that god worshippers who follow the book are often unable to write so well, maybe they are in awe of the words rather than the message.

25. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

There are many  spirits. Spirit of liberty,illness, jealousy, greed. The very earth has spirit, the ant, stone and tree. Spirit of hate, murder, love and forgiveness. Have you ever felt the spirit of the breeze singing the song of the pines?

26. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Man is a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.

27. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

Huh Oh..my untimely marriage proposal has run off Earnest...Come back!!!

I just went to another forum, back now. I am too old and unworthy of such a proposal. smile
      You have listed some of my favourites here.
      Have you read the "puer papers?" That took me 2 years to read and understand. lol

1. profile image0

Too old? Nah..I'm older than I look. My mother and sisters are the same way..actually both my parents..My mom died fairly old but looked so young..too young to die..

No I tried to read Puer papers..too hard for me..It's a collection of Hillman and others and too many ideas for me to grasp.
        So you actually do understand it?

It was a nightmare as was Puella. I discovered a way of understanding several writers, by reading about the feeling function! When one tries to express or understand the feeling function, words need to sort of soak in at first. it is very difficult to express feelings in a book without resorting to a sort of mystical way of understanding in my view.
          I had to live with the "not knowingness" for quite a while. smile

I am sorry you lost your mom. It is always too soon for me.
          Dad and mom lived into their seventies despite mum being type one diabetic and dad having been blown to pieces at 24 by 11 detonators and a full stick of gelignite going off while he carried them, blowing his hand off and blinding him for more than a year, and small pieces off bone fragments breaking through his skin right up till he died of kidney failure at 77.
          He was generous with his time and happy for most of his life, as was mom.
          You look about twenty! Good genes eh? lol

1. profile image0

Earnest I am sooo sorry about your parents. What a horrible thing to happen to your Dad.
            My mom died from Lymphoma and my dad got some Melanomas on his back which he did not have removed. They worked their way into his lungs (he didn't smoke) and grew to a large cancer. He actually had parts of his lungs that came up into his throat and he would cough them up.

OK here goes..I will be 41 in May. I do have good genes but..
            I wear eye makeup blush and lipstick. I have never worn base makeup because it causes clogged and gaping pores, blackheads and acne.
            I eat right and only a little meat once in awhile.
            I exercise..I have never smoked. I have a drink of wine about twice a year during the holidays.
            I have never done drugs.
            I use a special over the counter product on my face.
            Thank you for the twenties compliment.smile I have been told thirties before but never twenties.
            I have one son who is twenty.

41? You do have good genes! Sorry to hear how you lost your parents too. Life is a very tough road. I have a female friend like you. She is 40 going on 20 too.
              I am glad you look after yourself, it sure helps, wish I had! smile
              So far, I have managed to break all my fingers, including both thumbs, 3 ribs, 1 leg, my nose and I have scars on most of me from one mishap or another. Most of which I got working in the outback as a kid. I started work at 6 years of age and did not go to school. My total formal education spanned a mere 3 years. We had what we called "correspondent school" where lessons were sent though the mail. We had always moved house before they arrived! Dad was a logging contractor and we moved every few months.
              I taught myself later in life. I feel the lack of formal education suited me, as it enabled me to seek and think for myself at an early age.
              I went on to be a corporate consultant, and have owned 10 businesses, so life has been fabulous to me! smile

1. profile image0

Women who age quickly are those who smoke and especially those who don't wash the nicotine and tar off their face. Just like their fingers turn yellow so does their face.
                Than those who wear that foundation makeup. They put it on and rub it right into their pores. YUK I wouldn't be able to stand that greasy stuff on my face

I love my parents and my brother very much. Seems those I love the most have left me.

Your broken ribs was very painful..most people can't breathe well for a long time. Your fingers especially your broken thumbs sounds chilling. Do you have neuropathy and/or parathesia?

Earnest I would never have known you didn't get to go to college. I have read some of your hubs and you are very intelligent. Anyone who can understand Jung is very smart.

28. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I was going to list my books here, but a quick look at my office bookshelf would indicate 4 big shelves and over 250 books on psychology! I have been reading Jung for 30 years now. smile

1. profile image0

Aw so you've been reading him since you were 5 years old..cool.smile

smile I wish!

29. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have been married 2 times, both to women who did not need or wear make-up apart from my second wife who wore a bit of shadow and lipstick when going out for the night.

I agree, that stuff has got to hurt your skin!
    As we get older we lose so much! I lost 3 of my older friends in the last few years, mentors some with knowledge that is gone forever, except for the little bits I could glean.
    One of them was in his 80's and a remarkable mechanical engineer.

His innovative engine design was still in his head when he died.
    I cursed him silently at his funeral for leaving me! He foolishly finished 18 holes of golf with a chest pain, came home and died. I was so angry with him!

My ribs hurt like hell as you have observed! The fingers and thumbs were pretty sore also. I had very little medical attention as we lived so deep in the bush.
    Thank you for your observation about my education. I forgot to tell you my learning secret! I started teaching myself to read beyond grade school level through the love of olde English. I read the original Dracula written in the old language and discovered I loved English. The words thrilled me!
    My mom then bought me 100 droll stories by Honore De Balzac in paperback. I very quickly learnt to read it, the meaning often coming a while after the reading, made understandable by context.
    My love of Jung the same at first, but by then I had a stack of dictionaries and a thirst for knowledge that seemed insatiable.
    I was lucky enough to have the money and time to spend 3 years in psychotherapy with the great Peter O'Connor, and by going twice a week managed 6 years worth of therapy. Very tough, but I loved it anyway.It was after this experience that I read the puer papers, and had a lot of help with the concepts therein from Peter.
    I went on to do psychology at one of our Universities that allows people with no formal education to enrol. It has been an interesting and exciting journey!
    Thank you for your kind interest and compliment on my "education" smile

1. profile image0

Dang Earnest everyone has a set some 2 or 3. I have 1 husband and we've been together a long time. We have to really work at it with freedom, trust and we don't fight unless we schedule it. If we are angry we say "I am upset over something, when can we talk about it?"
      We might say tonight at 8PM or Tuesday at 5PM..To keep from yelling at each other we write it down to get out the anger or hurt and then we wait to cool down. This is the hardest part. We have a lot in common so getting angry with each other is rare. He is 4 years older then me.

I'm sorry about your friend. Do you know what kind of heart problem he had?

Earnest I know your ribs hurt and hurt more when you tried to inhale. You have been through a whole lot. But you still don't look old as you stated "an old man"

I had to teach myself in Jr. and Sr. High School because I had a hard time grasping the teachings of some of my teachers. I think some of them weren't cut out for the job.

30. profile image58
    SpaceAgeposted 14 years ago

i always meditate 2 stay calm in stressful situations

1. Andrew0208 profile image57

You've just engaged your spirit man inside, good exercise for living.

31. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

"Man is a Spirit"

Hi friends

Man has a body and a spirit; both work in unison while we are alive; when we die our spirit becomes a spiritual entity (body) and another spirit is born from within the previous spirit to taste the things in the nextern (hereafter) world.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

32. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I just feel that my mental and physical aspects  may be holding hands ...  but sitting in separate chairs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)