Salesly Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I haven't done many of these kinds of hubs so would you all mind looking at this one I just did and critiquing it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Vita-Mix-Blender

2. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Hi Brie - I am quite new, but I have done lots of research on sales focussed hubs.

If it was my hub I would have two Amazon capsules right at the top with a Vitamax in each, but no heading, then some text. This is to grab the people that are wondering where they can buy that item from, they see an advert from Amazon, click and your job is already done.

Then break the text with a smaller photo, and hang the Amazon capsule, with all three items, to the left of it - they should line up quite nicely. This is because if they have decided to buy it at that point, then the instinct is to click on the photo, which doesn't take you anywhere, so then the eye is drawn to the Amazon capsule.

The idea is to give a couple of opportunities to buy. At the moment your Amazon link is at the top of the page, but the reader may not decide to buy til the end, then vaguley remember seeing something about Amazon, type in Amazon.com in the browser bar, and you don't get any credit for it. Whereas if there is a capsule part way down, it will most likely still be in view when the urge to click something hits the reader.

I'm only relatively new, so my opinion doesn't carry much weight. I've made just over $200 this month, mostly off of half a dozen hubs with traffic (sadly the rest were the victims of poor reseach). My conversion was hanging around 8-10% so while I'm still learning about drawing traffic, I think I've got my head around the sales side of it.

Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I'll try it and then repost.

3. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Good start, Brie! I would get rid of that large picture at the beginning. It's not needed and makes people have to hunt around for your text.

And your first sentence is really important. So while you say "The Vita mix Blender is by far the most important appliance you will ever own...", you don't tell them why. You talk a bit about the benefits in the third and fourth paragraphs, but those really need to be up-front.

You show three different models, but don't talk about the specific differences, and I think that would be of interest to the reader as well.

4. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

Just as has been mentioned, you can place the photo between the first two capsules and then shrink it a bit, then do a brand, price and functionality comparison between the three blenders.

Adding at least two more Amazon capsules may help too! Most people who are looking for this type of blender are already ready to buy so you should not have to do to much convincing, just showcase the features, benefits and pro's and con's of the product.

Your hub looks good, great job!

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I don't write too many sales hubs, but I think the advice you have been given sounds very good. while the image is very good, it's taking up too much space leaving a lot of white space. I would put some text and amazon ads where the image is. if you have enough text in that first capsule, it will leave room for google ads underneath the amazon capsule.

I think you will make some money off the hub. anyone who is searching for the blender of blenders knows vita-mix is the way to go.

I've had mine for many years and I've never had a problem with it. It is an amazing machine built to last and still has a prominent place on the counter.

update: I just looked at it again. You could break your text into another text capsule beginning with the paragraph starting with "Recently." If you want to place your image next to the text, it could also allow more room for another amazon capsule.
    good luck with your sales. smile

6. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Like Gracey, I'm still new, but have done some research on sales hubs and written a few, so take my words with a grain of salt.

I don't like the large picture, either, and also suggest moving it down and shrinking it.

Additional Amazon ads might help, but (I'm ignorant of your product here) only if you can find ads that are at least somewhat appropriate to the product.  Accessories, maybe, or small kitchen items?  Most writers also seem to shy away from expensive items in their hubs, thinking quantity more than "quality" in the sales. Just food for future hubs...

As I read other hubs, blogs, etc.  I purely hate unrelated links that I would have no reason to visit - you only have one, but I would consider dumping it.  This hub can be linked to similar ones in the future, but for now I would prefer no links, or maybe one to your profile, to one with nothing to do with the subject matter.

Two of the Amazon ads appear to be the same thing - I'm learning to be very careful picking ads from Amazon.  I prefer a keyword kind of ad search (still good in the future), but sometimes have to word the phrase differently to prevent duplicate ads.

How do you break up the text...and put the picture in the middle?

Ok, now what do you think?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Vita-Mix-Blender

Thanks for all your help btw.  And I did figure out how to put the picture in the middle ...finally!

7. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I like it better now - the appearance is better and it flows better for me.

I also withdraw my objection to "same" blenders in the ads - I finally twigged that they are different colors and that could make a big difference to buyers.

Thanks...really appreciate the help.  I love learning new things.

8. lrohner profile image67

Looks nice, Brie! I still have a few suggestions. I'm not too crazy about stacking Amazon ads on top of Adsense ads. It's the first thing the reader sees, and looks a bit cluttered and overwhelming. FYI, what I see when I go to the hub is a banner with image for a Vita Mix blender, your Amazon ads under that, a row of AdSense text ads under that, your pic of the blender to the right and a banner ad for a Vita Mix blender with picture of it under that. It's really a lot.

I would also completely ditch the picture of the blender. At its current size, it looks almost like one of the ads. My personal preference would be to see it a little larger (not full size though) and further down in the hub or totally gone.

You know, I thought the same thing and I took it out but it didn't look right.  I'll fool around with it some more.

2. Brie Hoffman profile image59

Ok, I took it out...it does look better.

Should I try and get rid of the adsense ads from the top?

Ok, now look at it.

9. lrohner profile image67

Much better without that pic there. The ads now stand out more. The pic was just confusing things.

I'm still seeing--

AdSense Banner

Amazon Ads

Adsense Text Links

Hub Text        Adsense Banner

It's a LOT of ads bunched up before the text even begins. IDK, maybe that's a good thing? To me, it just looks really cluttered, and it's hard to even tell where the text begins. Maybe you can jump over to peek at hubs by RyanKett, Nelle Hoxie, Relache, etc. and see if they have any layout like this.

Edited to add: ALL of those ads bunched up at the top are selling the same thing too! Maybe that's why it looks offputting to me?

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

it is looking better. I think it would still be nice to have a good pic next to one of the texts, so the viewer can see it better. that way if they want to enlarge the pic, you can check that feature in the photo capsule (click to enlarge).
    I know I like to click on an image to see a close-up.

also keep in mind you can title each text capsule with a keyword from that text. i.e. Vita-Mix Recipes.  why not move the video how-to above the comments? smile

I had a picture but everyone felt it was too much and I agree.  I moved up the video and added another one.  I think I'm done for now...have got to start my next one.

Thanks again everyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)