will you change your religion if you find other one is better than you

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (58 posts)
  1. Bikash jha profile image60
    Bikash jhaposted 13 years ago

will you if yes then why and no then why?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't that make religion more about what a person wants to believe as opposed to what a god would want you to believe? smile

2. nlowman profile image61
      nlowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No religion is better than me.

2. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

I did change mine because at 15 I didn't think anyone had the right path.  So when I found what I believed to be the truth, I switched.

3. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

No. They are all the same, and yet there is only one God.

1. britneydavidson profile image61
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes i agree with you there is only one God-and one religion.

1. kess profile image61
        kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my religion does not need changing because it changes for the better as I grow in my faith.

My religion is called truth and life and it is moulding me unto perfection.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

you mean like you might change underwear or socks?

1. nlowman profile image61

Only if the next pair is better than you.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my socks might be better than me.. but not my underwear

5. renskei profile image60
    renskeiposted 13 years ago

religion is the way of life,
    religion can't saved us, only through  the Lord Jesus Christ if you believe Him.
                 cause we had a volition to accept  or reject Him. the bible says " For God so Loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting Life".

6. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

I sometimes say that religion is something we can perhaps do without. What we cannot do without are the basic spiritual qualities.-Dalai Lama

7. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Since my religion is to not have one, I would change to a religion if one came about that wasn't ridiculous.  Like, if Jesus showed up, and this time on TV, and started performing miracles for a while with everyone watching, skeptics trying to debunk him.  Maybe came to my house for a while too, hung out, did some miracles around the house.  Maybe make my wife's mean cat nice or something. Grow my hair back.  Stuff like that, then yes, I'd buy in and "change" my religion.

As per your wife's animal..

Jesus does not focus his attention on making a mean pussy change her attitude.

That's the job of the apple martini

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hear Jesus can mix a mad drink.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can he make me thinner and taller while he is at it please? I wouldn't mind a bit of cash as well. And a new car - maybe a Porsche Cayenne or a Range Rover Sport? In black please. I am not fussy which one. big_smile

Which reminds me:

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/amazon-bible-review.jpg

lol

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

8. snagerries profile image69
    snagerriesposted 13 years ago

I dont think its a worth doing so.

9. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

I think it is a great idea - each religion could advertise its main attributes

Hellfire
    Damnation
    Sodomy with choirboys
    Virgins in heaven
    Armaggedon is a cummin and ony we is goona be saved
    Gay bashing
    A whole set of moral indignations
    veils
    Klan hoods

and so on and so on and so on

Oh I forgot - slavery

Dude, you forgot polygamy.  That's the one that will get you converts.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you only want Male converts?

Rochelle, you can have as many husbands as you want!  Or wives if your state allows it.

Why would anyone want more husbands?

That was sort of my point.  smile

alimony x 10

That reminds me of Zsa-Zsa Gabor who boasted about being a really good housekeeper-- divorced 7 times and always kept the house.

2. myownworld profile image73
                  myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

btw. do u know how muslim men defend the idea of polygamy? It's based on the logic that you only take 4 wives 'if you can do justice to all of them'. And provided each wife consents to it too.
                  Now one asks, which woman in her right mind would 'allow' her husband to marry another woman..and what exactly is meant by 'justice' to each?!

come on.. doesnt the idea intrigue you just a little?

just think about all the help you would get cleaning up and stuff around the house?

or are you soooo selfish that you must have a guy all to yourself 24/7?

smile

2. Shadesbreath profile image78

This is long (and only an excerpt) but funny and to the point.  It's from Mark Twain's Letters From The Earth - the last half of letter number VIII.  They are letters "from" Satan writing back to Michael and Gabriel after a trip to study humans on Earth.  Mark Knowles will LOVE the whole thing if he hasn't read it before.

The law of God, as quite plainly expressed in woman's construction is this: There shall be no limit put upon your intercourse with the other sex sexually, at any time of life.

The law of God, as quite plainly expressed in man's construction is this: During your entire life you shall be under inflexible limits and restrictions, sexually.

During twenty-three days in every month (in absence of pregnancy) from the time a woman is seven years old till she dies of old age, she is ready for action, and competent. As competent as the candlestick is to receive the candle. Competent every day, competent every night. Also she wants that candle -- yearns for it, longs for it, hankers after it, as commanded by the law of God in her heart.

But man is only briefly competent; and only then in the moderate measure applicable to the word in his sex's case. He is competent from the age of sixteen or seventeen thence-forward for thirty-five years. After fifty his performance is of poor quality, the intervals between are wide, and its satisfactions of no great value to either party; whereas his great-grandmother is as good as new. There is nothing the matter with her plant. Her candlestick is as firm as ever, whereas his candle is increasingly softened and weakened by the weather of age, as the years go by, until at last it can no longer stand, and is mournfully laid to rest in the hope of a blessed resurrection which is never to come.

By the woman's make, her plant has to be out of service three days in the month, and during a part of her pregnancy. These are times of discomfort, often of suffering. For fair and just compensation she has the high privilege of unlimited adultery all the other days of her life.

That is the law of God, as revealed in her make. What becomes of this high privilege? Does she live in free enjoyment of it? No. Nowhere in the whole world. She is robbed of it everywhere. Who does this? Man. Man's statutes -- if the Bible is the Word of God.

Now there you have a sample of man's "reasoning powers," as he calls them. He observes certain facts. For instance, that in all his life he never sees the day that he can satisfy one woman; also, that no woman ever sees the day that she can't overwork, and defeat, and put out of commission any ten masculine plants that can be put to bed to her.[**] He puts those strikingly suggestive and luminous facts together, and from them draws this astonishing conclusion: The Creator intended the woman to be restricted to one man.

So he concretes that singular conclusion into law, for good and all.

And he does it without consulting the woman, although she has a thousand times more at stake in the matter than he has. His procreative competency is limited to an average of a hundred exercises per year for fifty years, hers is good for three thousand a year for that whole time -- and as many years longer as she may live. Thus his life interest in the matter is five thousand refreshments, while hers is a hundred and fifty thousand; yet instead of fairly and honorably leaving the making of the law to the person who has an overwhelming interest at stake in it, this immeasurable hog, who has nothing at stake in it worth considering, makes it himself!

You have heretofore found out, by my teachings, that man is a fool; you are now aware that woman is a damned fool.

Now if you or any other really intelligent person were arranging the fairness and justices between man and woman, you would give the man one-fiftieth interest in one woman, and the woman a harem. Now wouldn't you? Necessarily. I give you my word, this creature with the decrepit candle has arranged it exactly the other way. Solomon, who was one of the Deity's favorites, had a copulation cabinet composed of seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines. To save his life he could not have kept two of these young creatures satisfactorily refreshed, even if he had had fifteen experts to help him. Necessarily almost the entire thousand had to go hungry years and years on a stretch. Conceive of a man hardhearted enough to look daily upon all that suffering and not be moved to mitigate it. He even wantonly added a sharp pang to that pathetic misery; for he kept within those women's sight, always, stalwart watchmen whose splendid masculine forms made the poor lassies' mouths water but who hadn't anything to solace a candlestick with, these gentry being eunuchs. A eunuch is a person whose candle has been put out. By art.[**]

From time to time, as I go along, I will take up a Biblical statute and show you that it always violates a law of God, and then is imported into the lawbooks of the nations, where it continues its violations. But those things will keep; there is no hurry.

(Mysterylady 89 reminded me of this a couple of weeks back and I've been having a ball with it.  It was totally wasted on me when I was young.)

2. myownworld profile image73

AND adultery/fornication as 'crimes'....
      endless guilt....
      obsession with 'sin' and the idea of torturing people for it..
      intolerance...
      wars.. suicide bombings....
      not to mention all the insufferable threads started on HP!

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

*Lightbulb Flash*
    OMG, Jesus DID come on TV and perform miracles, then he died for sins (his own, not ours,but that's a mere technicality).
    I'm switching religions IMMEDIATELY!
    My new religion is Sham-Wow

1. nlowman profile image61

I saw his face on a cheesecake.

1. Dave Barnett profile image56
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Threatened to turn my back on my path, something happened. Convinced me. If your path is true, then it never wavers. If you find untruth in your path, then correct it. The only way to make it through the darkness. The spirit is enlightened when the spirit is ready for more light.

You know, I failed to recognize that as a sign.  I feel so silly now.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

Ummmmm

I really hate to bring this up, but - I am no taller or thinner. sad And I am still waiting for the Range Rover Sport. sad Black is good; tinted windows; brown leather; Blaupunkt stereo.

No rush. Tomorrow is good. I promised my wife. I am sure you understand.

Thanks.

Dude, I'll just be happy if He does something about that goddamn cat.  Piece of crap just bites people for no reason.  It's like a rabid dog, except it's a cat.  And doesn't foam at the mouth.  Well, I mean it would if you were, like, trying to brush its teeth or something, but why would you?  That would be dumb considering I just told you it bites.

Look - dude,

Not really interested in the cat - no offense. Cats should be kept outside at all times, and any cats stupid enough to bite the hand that feeds them,. well........ they get what they get.

About the taller and thinner......... When is this happening exactly?

And the Range Rover Sport. Black, tinted windows, brown leather, Blaupunkt...........

Not that I am being pushy, but - I promised. Capische?

A/C - did I mention the A/C? Really hot - probably a good addition? You agree?

speaking of promises.. where is my $4 !?!?!

Hey, it's not like I'm not rooting for you over here.  'Cause I am.

You wouldn't know what to do with that kind of money if you DID get it.

That is all well and good, but I am still only 6 ft and a svelte 290 pounds.I mean - WTF, Dude?

And where is the car I was promised?
                Not happy at all.  sad

I Do not trust that Greek with $4 - seriously - he will blow it on loose women and bumper stickers in no time.

Just look at that Maddie Ruud Chick - she is all over him. That $4 will be gone in no time.

LOL, I think you and I go to the same trainer.

And I'm sure you are right about Greek One.

2. Greek One profile image63

I just want to convert it into 400 really old pennies... and then rub them all over my body until the green comes off and Honest Abe is shinning again

damn,, was that out loud?

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
                  Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's not the advice I was given.
                  It was...
                  take four of these and rub on affected area until relief occurs...

http://cuantoestaeldolar.com/100_dollar_bill.jpg

Obviously that can't be right. Four doesn't seem like enough, either. Especially with all the rubbing...

But I guess if 4 bucks works for ya, it's fine....

2. nlowman profile image61

Did you ask the cheesecake?

Or maybe it was the cheesesteak....Now I'm confused roll

11. TheQuestion profile image59
    TheQuestionposted 13 years ago

i am not sure i even understand the question

1. myownworld profile image73

hmm... ironic, no?

welcome here btw... smile

1. TheQuestion profile image59
        TheQuestionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes and i have seen your pretty face here before thank you

12. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Will you change your religion if you find other one is better than you?

Hi friends

If I find any other religion more truthful that Quran/Islam/Muhammad; I would definitely. That is what we pray may times a day:

[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
    [1:6] Guide us in the right path —
    [1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=1

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Thanks

13. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

If God gave you the truth why look for more flare? Be content with what he has revealed to you, if he's revealed anything at all to you. Otherwise keep looking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)