When to publish seasonal hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I would really like to know a definite answer for this question.  I have always observed that whenever i publish a hub few days before the event the hub is about it gets high ranking in SERPS in google.  But many are of the thought that you should publish your hubs few months before the event so that it gets settled and established in SERPS.  But for hubbers like me who are not prolific marketer, would this be a wise move.  I mean for example, check my hub "Buying World Cup 2010 Soccer Jerseys Online".  I published this hub 37 hours ago and this hub is now on the second page of google for the search term Buy Soccer jersey

Now I don't think that it is a useless keyword victory.  I am getting a decent traffic from this search term.  Also, it has earned me $1 and few cents till now, though it is a pure amazon hub.(As usual no amazon sales yet)..

Now I am planning to publish around 40-50 christmas related hubs.  So should I publish them all at one go or should I spread it out and say publish 10 each month so that my last 10 would be rank high in google 'coz of fresh content.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image61
      Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say I am not at all certain.  Although, you have posed an interesting question which now has me wondering about this also.  This is brilliant really and your question is already helping me.  I have to thank you for asking this.

2. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
      6hotfingers3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great question. As a brand new Huber take it for what its worth. I just published my 30 hubs in 30 days. Included in that group were seasonal hubs. I wanted to get them in circulation so when people start looking for a seasonal hub, my hub may pop up for them. I vaguely remember reading that it would be wise to write on a top that has potential interest and when people start looking for info on the topic, the hub may be one selected.
      Good Luck!

3. mailxpress profile image52
      mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      Think about it.  You write your Hubs and they are on the web forever.   Year after year your topic will peak at some point then the views will go down.  Try to write timeless Hubs, blogs and websites.  Just continue, let your URLs mature in the Search Engines and you will watch your revenue increase.  Just my opinion and suggestions because I have been there and still doing it.  I feel we article writers will reach our goals because we get it.  Not to many people understand it takes years to reach our goals.  We are all here for the long run and it can only continue to get better and better.

4. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you are experiencing is normal. Most hubs rank very highly in the SERPs right after they are published, and then fade into the background for a while, where they could languish waiting for you to tend to them. smile

For the most part, you do want to give you hubs some time before the actual event so that they can raise up in the SERPs again. There were a few threads recently where most of the experienced hubbers agreed that hubs designed to exploit the Christmas shopping season should be published by the end of August.

2. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I have no experience but I would GUESS that if there is no competition on the keyword it makes no difference as long as it is there before anyone else. If there is competition then you need to get it some links and page rank etc.. this takes time..

englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LeanMan I totally agree with you but what you say is more applicable for hubs written on evergreen topic.  If you follow the link I made in my original post you would see that the search term is generic(not related to world cup 2010) and there are many articles and websites which which were written prior to my hub on soccer jerseys.  Infact there are many hubs written on this topic on hubpages.  I also know the fact that this boost is temporary and my hub won't stay there for long.  All I want to know that is it a gamble or is it wise to keep some of your hubs, so that you can publish at the last moment and take advantage of google love for fresh content.  I have been accidentally and unintentionally taking advantage of it.

3. englightenedsoul profile image58

Thanks Glen for giving this thread a bump.  I wonder where are all the experienced hubbers today.  I guess it has something to do with the Soccer world cup.  Right now i am watching the opening ceremony.

4. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I don't know for sure - I'm no expert in these matters, but I feel sure I was reading something on here a few days ago where hubbers with experience in this field suggested 6 months.

Same here PollyC..I am also no expert and it is really confusing me.  I also know the fact that many experienced have started with their christmas hubs and I am also planning to write them soon.  But I am in the dilemma whether to publish them all at one go or spread it out or keep a few hubs to publish in october last week or  early  november. 

Thanks for your response polly.

1. Polly C profile image90
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you should publish them as soon as you can - it can't hurt and will give them time to mature. I don't think there can be any drawbacks to this, and don't forget some people start their Christmas shopping way before Christmas - not me, though, I'm too disorganised! smile

2. pinkboxer profile image59
      pinkboxerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, Polly C. This is really a very interesting question and something that I was definitely thinking about for the upcoming holidays.

Thanks, enlightenedsoul. This was helpful.

Thanks Pinkboxer.  I would really be happy if this question can help someone.  It has been bothering me for long.

5. englightenedsoul profile image58

I get your point Polly and infact I also had the same point of view.  But off late this has been regularly happening with my hubs.  I mean first my mother's day hub, then my father's day hub and now my soccer hubs.  They all have got high ranking in search engines in a short span of time with little or no promotion from me.  It is really making me think whether to keep a few hubs aside to publish at the last moment. 

Also I would start publishing my christmas hubs soon as I know the importance of maturity and promoting and backlinking my hub as christmas is a competitive niche and I am not a powerful internet marketer.

And Polly, I think people start their shopping for christmas in october last week or november right?  I really don't know much about the buying behaviour.

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Don't forget climate season specific topics too!!!

Its now summer for you folk, north of the equator and currently winter for me (I'm in Australia). So you may get 'two' time based bites of the cherry for your hubs using summer/winter/spring/autumn themes.

7. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

I post my seasonal hubs almost a month before hand (or within the season) and just leave them available year round.

~thranax~

1. mailxpress profile image52
      mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      I agree.  Leave them available all year round.  I'm sure you will be very successful.  Way to go.

8. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 13 years ago

I recently published my first two Christmas Hubs (with one on the Christmas creep because it's happening each year starting early that month or even June), and I'm pretty sure they will rise steadily. I would say that at least 30 Hubs before a seasonal event would work as well. That does not apply to evergreen Hubs, including ones about Walt Disney World. (I'm pretty sure that it's not just a summer/Christmas/spring break thing anymore - many people go there year-round. That's what makes it an evergreen topic.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)