Why teaching God's Word a great responsibility?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (32 posts)
  1. renskei profile image59
    renskeiposted 13 years ago

It is a great responsibility according in Matthew 28:18-20. It is a command.

It is important to know more about God's Word because you cannot teach or share with them if you lack of knowledge in the Word of God so, we must be a " student" of the Bible that we should always prepared to answer to those who asking about the Word of God in 1 Peter 3:15.

1. Rishy Rich profile image72
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it the Bible saying 'Bible is the word of God' & is it again the Bible saying 'You need to study Bible to gain knowledge in the word of God'?

If theres any God...It lives outside the Bible...Its complex & beyond our understanding...A book can not contain his words!

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i disagree...if god wanted word to be spread , the best thing HE could do was to hard code it in brain..world is older than what most scriptures say..few like gita states world to be very old but figures mentioned in that are also not scientifically acceptable..religion is human made thing..spirituality is natural and humans tend to find answers in religion..

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

god did not create robots, he give us free will, he gave an inspired book with a message in it.....

1. pisean282311 profile image62

robots?..well u and me were programmed to breathe , our basic organs are programmed to perform in certain fashion..when god could do that , if HE really wanted what is said he wants , best part was not giving book but direct incorporation in brain, then let humans choose..all books in world claim to be divine..what is new in it?..if i wuld have been muslim..i wuld have believed in quran..if i am devoted christian i would believe in bible and hindu would have gita ..but breathing , loving , hoping etc are universal things..none needs books for that bcoz it is natural..that is my opinion on this..u have your opinion which u expressed..so let us agree to disagree..

Free will is not free enough when it comes to nature vs nurture debate. One can even doubt whether God has any free will or not?...but thats a different topic!

you have made interesting point here..can you elaborate on this?

hmm...its pretty complicated...I will start a different thread on this...In short - it goes like this:

God is perfectly moral. Morality is in always doing that which is right. Doing what is right requires one to know what is right from what is wrong. God always knows what is right from what is wrong because God knows everything. But doing what is right and NOT doing what is wrong implies that there is an option to choose from. Therefore, there should be choices of right and wrong that God can choose to do, from which he picks the right thing to do. However, God can NEVER pick the wrong thing to do, because He always picks the right thing and because He KNOWS what the right thing is. But if God can NEVER pick the wrong thing to do, it means he has NO CHOICE in the matter, i.e. He cannot help but pick ONLY the right thing to do. He CANNOT bring himself to do the wrong thing. But God is all-powerful and can do ANYTHING. But God cannot go against His own nature -- which is to ALWAYS do the right thing. Since, He is incapable of ever doing the wrong thing, He is also limited by His own nature in all the things he can do. Thus, God cannot have the CAPACITY or the potential to do the wrong thing, because that would mean that there exists a possibility for that potential to do the wrong thing, to manifest. But there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY even, for God to ever pick the wrong thing to do. Thus, without any choice in the matter, God does not have free-will to exercise both this potentials and then choose his potential to do right all the time.

i must say u r quiet a logical thinker man..what a thought..excellent...

2. Jerami profile image59
                  Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Genesis1: 3&4  God said let there be light. And there was light.   V4  ...  and God divided the light from the darkness.

It is written that God is the light of the world.
                    And he divided the darkness from the light
                    It is also written that several days later he created the sun and the moon. So what could this mean? 
                    Maybe The darkness was divided from out of the light?
                  Gods' two natures being divided moving out away from chaos.

Or something like that ????
                  It is too early for me to say what I'm thinking  before morning  coffee and  Gotta leave in a minute.

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It might appear to some that this is a way for brainwashed people to spread their insanity.

4. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point, I would add that the only way to convert others to the gospel is by the teachings of the holy Spirit, otherwise you might end up teaching by the power of your own ego. So pray for guidance from above in finding people who are prepared to hear that message if you feel you are comissioned to do so.

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You might consider not reading my hubs. lol lol

1. renskei profile image59
      renskeiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you're right ! I'm not reading your hubs.

3. renskei profile image59
    renskeiposted 13 years ago

i see

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Surely it is a great responsibility! Picking the right god to promote is even greater responsibility I tell onto you. FSM is the only true god!

5. KateKarmin profile image60
    KateKarminposted 13 years ago

God's Word or Gospel is something that we have to spread, it has to reach every nook and crannies of the earth and it is the responsibility of every christian to take up this job. For there is nothing sweeter than God's word and nothing greater than God Himself.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True dat!!!
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

2. KateKarmin profile image60
        KateKarminposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So Paul's your God for the moment! well, good luck for your journey, arrive safe

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not exactly! lol

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

RAmen.

You are up late. big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

Nah, it's 11 am here. I am visiting my parents in Moscow smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Aha.

Well - it is good of you to stop by to spread the Word of The One True God in the face of the heathen onslaught. They will bow down and grovel when the day comes, no matter how they deny it. big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

Surely, I use every occasion to spread the only true word! RAmen! lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Yet you are a smoker?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/49419#post1129792

Scary how many people are prepared to destroy god's gift of life and have no respect for their bodies. God will surely punish such a one. The bible is clear that all murderers will end in the lake of fire. Smoking is suicide and suicide is self-murder. And one cannot repent after death.

As you obviously do not believe the word of God - or have never read it - perhaps you should stop spreading it? All you are doing is reinforcing my opinion of evangelical christians, because if there is one thing I hate it is a hypocrite like yourself.

No morals. None. sad

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't bother you in the least that civilizations have been wiped off the face of the earth because of that "responsibility"?

Don't you think people can read the bible for themselves without your help?

Do you actually think everyone on the planet in every nook and cranny believes as you do?

Have you noticed that spreading the word has nothing to do with what other people want and everything to do with what you want? smile

6. KateKarmin profile image60
    KateKarminposted 13 years ago

Well Misha I feel there is no true God or false God but just God. When you pray you connect with Him and you know Him instantly, He is God. The only one.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

there certainly is only one god of the bible, and he has a name.  However there are actually thousands of false gods. One true god

1. Misha profile image63

Yep, FSM!

7. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

everyone can read the bible, ignore or  take on board the message.   It is good that some take the responsibility to make gods word avaliable to others.  However Jesus said he spoke to people about the promise of the kingdom..... If they were not interested he wiped the sand from his feet and moved on.  It is not good to annoy people.  But the people who get annoyed, have a choice, they do not have to read what is in the religious forum, that is my opinion anyway.

Have u ever read Quran with full devotion? or Gita? I guess not!! How do u expect everyone to read the Bible then? You read Bible bcoz u were tought to do so.

All people are born ATHEISTS...later its their nature (genetics - the thinking pattern, brain functioning & level of understanding u got from ur family ) & nurture (environment- imagine urself born in a conservative middle eastern muslim family) makes them Christians, Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists. Over thousands of years these religions are fighting, debating, arguing each other over a single matter that "I AM RIGHT & YOU ARE WRONG". However, these endless struggle between religions never helped to settle a Single religion throughout the world as the ultimate truth. & why couldnt anyone settle as the absolute truth?? becoz none of them are!!...

Word of God? You wont find it in any book of this World...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)