Hubpages Chat

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (75 posts)
  1. Info Bucket profile image64
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

I've started a chat room for hubber's to connect each other easily.   Relache suggested me to start a chat room for hubbers when I posted a Thread on 'Report a problem or Suggest a new feature' forum about  starting a chat room for hubpages. If you're interested.....check it out. http://hubpageschat.blogspot.com/2010/07/chatroom.html and there will be no human if hubbers are not interested. And this is not for promoting any stuff, just to keep in touch. smile / sad ?

1. snagerries profile image72
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems interesting..but your links doesnt exist.

2. profile image0
      Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow; just tried it. I like the concept...just need to get more people in. smile

Info Bucketposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YesDonna, but there's no human, we have to promote it and bring more hubbers there.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tried it, no one was there

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Why do we need that when we can and do  chat right here?

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, actually, this is a message board, not a chat room. Chat makes the response immediate.

Might be a nice idea. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!

Yes we can connect each other quickly, in forums we have to wait for the others response........

3. Info Bucket profile image64

@snaggerries ; Plz Check it now friend........
    @Pcunix : Forum have limitations in my eye..... And someone agreed with my suggestion and relache said me to start a blog and a chat room my own and say hubbers to come there. By chatting we can know each other personally and share our knowledges........... This is my view............

4. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

seems superflous to me...I can barely keep up in the forum

Its's not at all a alternate for forums..........

5. Info Bucket profile image64

I think no one is interested, ok.............. But try to use it........

6. FuzzyCookie profile image74
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

We would go crazy if it were a chat room, some ppl will dominate as if they own the chatroom. omg chat rooms have so many  issues.. idk. m sleepy yikes

I don't wanna own that chat room, its for hubbers, by hubbers and of hubbers.

7. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Thanks but no thanks. A forum I can leave for hours at a time to get with writing and catch up on stuff later, but can't do that with a chat room.
    I'm here to write and learn SEO, not chat.

Izzym, i didn't said to use chatroom instead of forums. Forums are unavoidable, but if we want a quick answer and want to minkle with experts more comfortably, chatroom will be a good idea...., thats all i did. But there's a lot of chance of spammers......

2. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's my reaction too.  (Same as Izzy's, but I apparently clicked the wrong "reply").  That's what makes the forum good.   smile    I like the "pop-back-whenever" aspect of the forum.

Yes that's one of the advantages of forums, but from forums we didn't get instant replies, it take time.

8. Dardia profile image62
    Dardiaposted 13 years ago

I think it is a good idea. It would especially be good if some of the more experienced hubbers could take a half hour or so to be available on the chat for the newbies who may need a quick response to a question. Also a good way to get to know others.

Thanx for supporting me Dardia. You're very correct, if we can chat with experts for half an hour, it'll help us a lot.

9. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Yeah, i really dislike chat.  Good luck to you, though - if you like it, go for it.

Thanx man. Each n Everyone have their own ideas and interests, and they have the right to say it. That's what both of us did.

10. Ginger Meow profile image67
    Ginger Meowposted 13 years ago

This is something that Hubpages might adopt?

Yes Ginger Meow, I have suggested to start a chat on Hubpages by starting a thread on 'Suggest a New Feature', then relache said me to start my own chat room and let hubbers come there

11. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

I left a message... I'll use it. Nobody is chatting right now but I bookmarked and will check later.

Thanx a lot mythbuster promote and we can make it a regular chat room for hubbers

12. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

The chat won't load for me...

13. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

There's enough character assination already going on in this forum, we don't need another avenue for others to condascend in real time.

It's not for me, but good luck anyway.

14. Info Bucket profile image64

Wrylilt try loading after some time.
    Terrygl thanx for your comment

1. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nobody there.

I tried this a couple of months ago got one person chatting with me once but no more so I quit. but I will definately try if others will I would love to chat with other hubbers.

15. Info Bucket profile image64

Yes, i got 3 followers there on the blog, it need more popularity among hubbers.

there I am a follower now, I am one the chat now. I would think that people would love this idea, since they love the forums so much. But hubbers are set in their ways I guess.

16. climberjames profile image57
    climberjamesposted 13 years ago

Hi Info Bucket, I like the idea, infact I created a post on the subject:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/48924#post1118233

I think what came out of that post was that for a chatroom/message board to be successful (i.e. have enough participants) it would need to be created by HubPages and this is unlikely as it would be a huge task to manage and monitor.

Relache also pointed out that some Hubbers in the past have created outside chat rooms and unfortunately they have never been able to sustain themselves . . .

Good luck anyway smile

Yes, i saw your thread and this was inspired by that post. Thanx anyway.

17. swapna123 profile image61
    swapna123posted 13 years ago

checking it out..

Swapna, are you there now?

2. Info Bucket profile image64

Glad you followed the chat.

18. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Shall I send a bot? It seems empty.

Sunseven, no body there excet Daniel Carter and WryLilt, what can i DO?

19. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Be realistic. I dont care what relache advised you. But you are wasting your time.

Ooooh...................sad

Leave it, now i wanna know about you, are from Singapore or From India??

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I never said it was a good idea, and even pointed out how every attempt to do this in the past has failed.

I personally am totally against the concept of "hub chat" and do not endorse this cockamamie development in any fashion, so no matter how many times Info Bucket says my name, just know I think it's a stupid idea and a waste of time.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think everyone shares your same opinion, which has been duely noted.

I didn't said that relache said it's a good idea, i only said that you suggested me to do so.

1. relache profile image72

And you've said that so repeatedly in this thread that I felt compelled to make it clear I did not support or endorse the concept.

Info Bucketposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Clear now??

20. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

Is your real name Jafar Ali, Info Bucket?

Yes Uma07

1. profile image0
        Uma07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok. I must say you have a cool profile image. smile

2. relache profile image72

Info Bucket is really a man.

1. profile image0

I thought so.The name doesn't match the profile.

Which is better, keeping this avatar or using my pic?

1. profile image0

No don't change it. Hansika is really beautiful.

Thank You and you know onething, she's only 19 now. smile

21. Info Bucket profile image64

Yes, it is a actress here in India, Hansika Motwani. I love her much, thats why i used it.

22. Info Bucket profile image64

There are 6 followers now.

23. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

come on folks what are you afraid of click on the link above so we can chat.

24. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

guess I can chat with myself, I do it all the time anyway, lol

What can we do Diane, no one else is interested.

25. Info Bucket profile image64

sad

26. Info Bucket profile image64

Come on guys...........

27. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Funny how no one is really interested... Sort of like all the other past attempts at getting Hub chat features going...

28. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

Like the idea, not sure the benefit yet, but will check it out. Always good to try, right? smile

29. Info Bucket profile image64

As relache and sunseven said, it is disappointing....

30. Info Bucket profile image64

The followers are now 10.....................

31. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I just went there.

Even the birds are leaving…

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Info raised a DEAD thread for absolutely NO REASON. Just ridiculous.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Belated Easter celebration? smile

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why bother commenting on it, then?  You've made similar comments before.  I'm sure anyone interested already knows your feelings about the practice.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm sure, but it's fun pulling Paradigmsearch's post(leg) every once in a while. And, as you can see, Para was up for it, considering the reply. And, now since you've responded with your said comment, it's now made me post yet again. hmm

1. Aficionada profile image78
            Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Made you?  Wow, whatever happened to the old theory of self control?  I personally think that the ability to ignore things selectively is one of the most under-used skills in the HP forums - perhaps in the entire world.  It's a practice I highly recommend. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)