The Tools I Wish We Had On Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

I would really like to be able to search and find a particular follower.

Have followers in alphabetical order

When someone quits following someone, a question as to why they quit

1. Ivorwen profile image67
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you know the follower's name you can search for them with the search at the top of each page.  After searching 'site' you can research 'hubbers'.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Usually it's just housecleaning.

3. Dardia profile image61
    Dardiaposted 13 years ago

It would be nice to have a data base to find certain hubbers when you want to. Especially the followers or those you are following. I like to follow so many because they are all interesting. Some I follow because even though they are not writing what I am writing about but they are writing about things I want to read about.

1. Ivorwen profile image67
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To quickly locate those you follow go to 'my account'
      click on 'Hubbers You Follow'
      and then click 'Author' to put them in alphabetical order.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK that avatar is so beautiful!

Girl, however, I can't believe it's still raining OMG you must long for the sun

miss you

Kim

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Why someone quits following shouldn't be a concern, considering it has nothing to do with earning.

Someone can quit following someone else for whatever reasons. wink

5. Nick B profile image79
    Nick Bposted 13 years ago

I know I've put this before in another forum thread, but it would be nice to be able to choose whether we have pictures on the right or the left.

You can do it in HTML quite simply, but here pictures can only go on the right.

6. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I don't believe you can ever know unless you feel strongly enough to email them through their profile page, but there most likely nothing you could learn that would satisfy what your looking for. 

I have been de fanned for a post I made for example, whether they misunderstood me or not, it really is none of my business.

On the flip side it kind of just feels weird in general and can create wonder, I hear you.

They come and go  ich ich and ich when they go.  but roll on or hun on smile

Oh, ps [plug]  we just opened a page for only hubbers on facebook, come join the group. it will slowly get moving, called HubPages FaceFun Group

cheers smile

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just got in after a hard days wank...I mean work!! lol! oh yeah and I've joined the FACEBOOK gROUP kIMMY!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me 2. Although I see Debbie is upset that some one canceled their subscription.

1. waynet profile image69
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Must have been something she said......lol...lol...lol! big_smile

2. wytegarillaz profile image59
      wytegarillazposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just joined the group on facebook!

7. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

One day we will have it all...

8. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

The first 2 I mentioned is just to be able to find my followers

The second one is because anytime anyone follows me, I follow them back to be nice..so when they quit following me, I would like to quit following them. But I can't do that unless I know who they are.

Why do I want to quit following those who quit following me? Just my prerogative as it is for them to quit.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah well - I only follow people because I like what they write.

And I don't care if they follow me.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm completely with Mark on this one.

1. darkside profile image64
          darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with relache agreeing with Mark on this one.

1. Misha profile image64
            Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I use this method, too. Although I also use other methods. I don't bother with checking who has left, though. tongue

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly the way it's supposed to work.  This isn't Facebook.

Every now and then, I unfollow a few people.  Nothing personal, it's just that I can only manage to genuinely follow a small number of Hubbers.  If I follow too many, I can't keep up with their Hubs.  So I have to make some tough decisions sometimes. 

I'd find it annoying if I then got emails from those people asking me to explain.

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not looking for emails.
          I haven't lost any followers in a long time.

Because I wish for the 3 tools doesn't mean I am upset.

3. profile image0

No one has stopped lately
        I've gotten more followers than ever.
        That's the problem, it is harder to find them by name now

2. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If  you really need to do a (forgive me) tit-for-tat following type of thing,  you could keep a list yourself and then look for who's missing when your number of followers drops.   lol

I just kind of wing it when it comes to followers.  A lot of them aren't really interested in reading a Hubber wrote.  They're just looking for reciprocal followers.  Some got the drift a Hubber has a certain amount of success, so they follow to see what kind of stuff that person does.  Some want to add to their own visibility, I'm guessing, by showing up everywhere.  I see the same ones (a few, really) show up fairly consistently, so I think those are the ones who actually have some interest in what I write. 

I follow the people who write stuff I think is the kind of stuff I'll want to read, but since a lot of people write that particular kind of stuff, that means there's far too much of it for me to ever read all of it. 

Generally, I'm like the others who said they can't/don't want to be thinking about who's following them (and all that).

1. profile image0

That's a good idea about writing them down but a little too much work.
        I would have to keep putting in alphabetical or.

I should stop following everyone that follows me but I always thought it was the nice thing to do.

9. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

I wish there were less tools on hubpages.

1. timorous profile image80
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Heheh...are you casting aspersions upon your fellow hubbers? lol  Or perhaps you really mean 'fewer' tools.

Anyway...
      I only actively follow about 12 hubbers, even though nearly 50 hubbers 'claim' to follow me.  I suspect the number of regular followers is about the same as me.  There's not enough time to keep up with everything.

Yes, I would like to have photos on the left side as an option, as well.  Can do?

10. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

For some reason, I thought there already was a Facebook group or page for HP.  Boy, do I feel idiotic.

About the matter of people who un-follow... It shouldn't be hard to have it listed in Hubtivity.  It wouldn't have to give a reason, and it doesn't have to matter to people who don't care about it. It's not an extra tool, just a piece of information incorporated into Hubtivity.  At one time I cared.  I don't now, but I can understand those who do.

11. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

I'm with you, relache, and Mark on this one.  smile

12. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

l-e-a, I'm guessing that you posted this from the bottom of the previous page and were actual referring to darkside's post rather than mine - but I would be happy to be included in the group.  I have several people who have un-followed me for who-knows-what- reason, but I continue to follow them because I like their content and their style.  Maybe I'll unfollow them some time in the future, but I don't have any reason to at present.

EDIT:  I corrected the name of the poster before my previous post.  Sorry about that!

13. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Well, I don't follow without reason, but I do at least check out anyone who leaves a comment or follows me.   For that reason, I would like to be able to see followers in the order that they followed.  That would be easier than pawing through my hubtivity.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I often go with whichever people I'm following show up as having written something new.  Reading-wise, that's where I start.  Then, I may start browsing "in general".  If I'm still looking for reading I'll then start browsing people I've fanned.

14. Cuselax profile image61
    Cuselaxposted 13 years ago

Youtube is great.  But, i would like to see hub pages follow the same route.  Its annoying having to coppy and paste to get our videos off of youtube.

1. timorous profile image80
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except that videos take up enormous amounts of server space.  YouTube has a vast array of file servers that are very fast (usually).  It must be a real headache to keep it all functional 24/7.  I think Hubpages has enough to deal with already.

Besides, linking back to YouTube is the easiest way to work.  Most people have gotten the hang of copying and pasting url's.  It's no big deal, really neutral

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)