I'm Selling One Of My Blogs On Flippa

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (23 posts)
  1. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I have read so much about building blogs and flipping them. I decided to sell one of my blogs using the auction, small reserve and no buy it now price. Its my womens swimwear site that I'm selling.

I feel the subject for a new hubpage coming on.

Has anyone else sold a site on Flippa, is there anything you think I should know?

1. tony55 profile image85
      tony55posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Just found this discussion, hope l am not to late. Flippa is a nice place to sell websites. I build content or affiliate sites for a living and sometimes when cash strapped l sell one. To date l have sold 2 content sites and l affiliate site for good money. To get good deals make sure the site is generating income for at least 6 months with proof and you are good to go.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Let me know how you go, Terry.  I'm considering selling some of mine.  Three of my sites are "genuine interest" sites where I've created good solid content that I'm confident has value.  But I have another three which I created based on keyword research with the aim of making money - they look OK but I've never been able to create content I can feel proud of.

I know others will tell me that's not important but I've decided it matters to me.  I can't honestly promote sites I don't feel deserve attention.  I just have to decide whether to try selling them now, when they're not making much money, or give them a few months and see if they do better - which would make them worth more money.  They have almost twelve months to go.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Normally blogs/sites are sold at a price equal to their annual profit. If you are a member of any SEO or related forums, do try to market the site there too, you might get lucky!

4. TerryGl profile image57

Oh Marisa, Flippa is crazy! I was going to let this website just expire but thought why not I will give it a go. I saw auto blogs there, made this month, that sold for over $150.00 and had heaps of bids.

I'm selling my site pr1 alexa 1.2 mill with monthly revenue of $50. Based upon past sales on similar sites on Flippa it should do well. Those sites sold for $500 plus, depends on the market I guess.

I know I will nail it as there is a half naked woman on there that is extremely tasteful (so to speak) that the guys just love.

I always heard about flippin sites and read a lot about it. I am now researching how to transfer the domain and hosting account on Go-Daddy to the new owner and have seven days to figure it out.

Well if the gurus say they can sell sites for thousands, let's test the waters and see if they are right.

If you want to have a look go to flippa.com under "New Listing" you will see my swimwear site with the picture. I paid $36.00 for that, started the bid at $10 with a reserve of one quarter of what I want.

Wish me luck. This could be better then SUads.

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Wow, an eBay for web sites.  Now I've seen everything lol

Seriously, I've learned so much in a year on Hub Pages from reading forum threads like this one - stuff I would never have picked up on my own.

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Keep us posted on how it all works out Terry, I have heard that some internet/affiliate marketers use Flippa as part of their overall online presence for making money.

Makes sense since it is like flipping real estate, create your own site or buy a site at a certain price, improve the site, sell for a higher price by 'flipping' it.

7. TerryGl profile image57

Now worries Jason. This will be very interesting indeed.

Anyone else they may be interested the site is http://flippa.com and I recommend checking out the "Just Sold" tab. It is a real eye opener. In fact you will be blown away, I was.

I have sites just like the ones that sold for heaps.

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amazing, thanks for the info Terry. I'm also learning a lot since being on hubpages from amazing people like you. tks  big_smile

8. TerryGl profile image57

Thanks MPG, kind comments. Now for the rest of you..

The auction has been going now for 5 hours and I got my first bid.

Drum roll please -

$150

Straight out of the gates with six days and 19 hours to go.

Is anyone else getting that WOW moment..

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed.  WOW.  I checked out the site and there's some rather amazing results.

Good luck!  Hope it goes really well for you!

9. TerryGl profile image57

Thanks TP, it opens up a whole new arena.

1. How to - Answers profile image93
      How to - Answersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks TerryGI for this post.  I had no idea you could do this.  Will definatley  have a look and see the bids.  You certainly do learn a lot from visiting these forums.  Thks again for the info.

1. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also did not know about this site, I did wonder if you could sell one..so thanks for this thread

10. TerryGl profile image57

Exactly four days to go on my site auction.

The bidding war is now heating up.

Hold onto your seats, this could go somewhere big...

11. TerryGl profile image57

Well the auction is coming to a close with seven hours to go.

Update:

The site has received 10 bids.

Current price: $290.00

http://flippa.com/auctions/101274/Swimw … age-Rank-1

12. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I just took a peek at it, your site looks very good. The design is nice and clean with great colors. I noticed it shows your unique views. May I ask if that is what you get per day, week or month?

Good luck BTW, hope you get a surge of bids at the end. smile

13. TerryGl profile image57

Hello Bill, I changed the theme a few months ago and it took off in a big way. Good pro-active visitors from once dormant visitors. The unique views are per month. I would love to put a zero on the end of those views.

I too hope for surge. Based upon similar auctions it seems anywhere from 10 to 35 bids are received as a norm. No snipping either, because if a bid is lodged in the last 4 hours the auction is extended for another four hours.

That was very interesting to find.

14. TerryGl profile image57

Ok the site is now sold at auction.

The final price was $410.00.

I am very happy with that, watch for my next hub, it will be a doozie...

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice work TerryGI.  I'll check your hub out too.

15. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I'm glad you got a good price for it. Frankly I'm surprised people buy blogs for that much unless they get 5,000 or more uniques a day.

In that case I have blogs that I should be able to get a grand or so for. But I have no desire to sell them, as that is how I make my income.

Anyways congrads to you, hope you have great luck with your next blog auction. smile

16. TerryGl profile image57

Thanks Bill. Everything I read seems to point to Flippa purchasers look to pay ten times the monthly income. It amazes me that auto blogs, recent domain names about one month and less old, sell for on average between 2 and 3 hundred dollars, sometimes more with no traffic, no pr and no income.

I am cleaning up my sites. I already dropped 2 and this site I decided to sell on Flippa. Might have to rebirth the other two aged domain names and see how they go in six months.

My plan is to cull my sites and focus on those I know are worth while. I too make my income from my sites so I thought a nice spring clean would be in order.

17. TerryGl profile image57

Hello everyone that is interested.

I said I would put up a hub on this and I have now done so.

You can read it here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Sell-You … -On-Flippa

I hope this helps anyone else who is interested in selling their site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)