There is no enlightenment without Word of Revelation

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Buddhism without any truthful message from Buddha written or dictated by him; has no enlightenment in it; it is mere enslavement of self in meaningless meditation. While our Buddhist friends may name it "self liberation" or "meditation"; whatever; they cannot hide behind words. It is simple; if they don’t have first hand connection with the “Enlightened One”- the Buddha: how could they get any enlightenment from him; there is no enlightenment without Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How many times has God spoken to you directly?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
        1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know who you were talking to.  BUT ...  I wonder how many people would speak up if they thought that they had had such an experience.
             For one thAng. I betsha that if it did happen to some one it would have been of a personal nature. Really Not something you are supposed to share.
             Two ...  very few people would believe ya. Certainly not most of the Christians. I Think??   And the Atheists will all call ya crazy.... for days and days and weeks to come.

Why would a person loose their credibility among Christians if they we to admit that they have been spoken to.
            I mean, honestly without a doubt, really spoke to.
            I don't think that Christians on average believe in God enough to believe ya if ya told them you had.
             That is because there has been too many Fakes. Ya hear the preachers saying it on TV all the time. "Last night GOD TOLD ME to tell you ..."!
             And I've had a few neighbors and friends say it and tell me all about it.   I don't know why I didn't believe them? Why not? Yea I know why, but that reason aint for sharing.

1. profile image0

You know, they didn't believe Jesus either. Many still don't. I have had experiences of hearing God's voice before. As you said, it is mostly personal, but a few times, it was for someone else. I am not a prophet nor amd I a preacher.

God spoke to Moses face to face. God considered Abraham a friend. Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice." This means he talks to us.

People talk to so much about being enlightened, but they really have no clue.

You are absolutely correct.  The problem is that too many people (TV folks and a few neighbors that I have had) just use that line for self grandizement. 
                 I couldn't swear it was GOD, higher self, or what ever; but I have had answers given to questions that I would have never thought of to wonder about.
                 Definately enough to let me know that there is something out there - in here higher than my self.

3. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

even if he did, then reply from god is just another assumption like other believers can think of.

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In that case what is Islam based upon since Muhammad was not enlightened.ave you had a first hand connection with Muhammad?
      Stop trying to put other religions down.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend mohitmisra

I respect the founders of all the revealed religions of the world.The Creator- God Allah YHWH is the LIGHT of heavens and earth; those who get Word of Revelation from Him; his Messengers Prophets get ENLIGHTENED like Buddha, Krishna,Zoroaster, Socrates,Moses, Jesus were therefore ENLIGHTENED persons; if their followers lost their Word of Revelation like Jews, Hindus, Buddhists , Christians; they naturally again went into darkness; but not their founders, they still remain beacons of light but not their followers.

This way I am supporting all revealed religions on TRUTH.

Thanks

1. mohitmisra profile image61

I agree with you to a good extent here.

3. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what are non revealed religion?..every religion claims to be revealed..be in be islam or christianity or vedas ..which religion states that it was not revealed?

1. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

There could be some who say their founder had no Word of Revelation, like Buddhism, they say their religion is not based on Revelation from the Creator- God Allah YHWH.

But I do believe that Buddha did receive Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH and that is why he was enlightened.

Thanks

1. pisean282311 profile image62

how do u rate meditation?

1. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

Meditation is thinking on the creation of heavens and Earth; and recognizing Him being the Creator-God Allah YHWH from the manifestation of His attributes; after receiving the Word of Revelation the meditation is thinking on the signs of the Creator, worshiping Him and obeying Him:

[67:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
            [67:2] Blessed is He in Whose hand is the kingdom, and He has power over all things; [67:3] Who has created death and life that He might try you — which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Most Forgiving.
            [67:4] Who has created seven heavens in harmony. No incongruity canst thou see in the creation of the Gracious God. Then look again: Seest thou any flaw?
            [67:5] Aye, look again, and yet again, thy sight will only return unto thee confused and fatigued.
            [67:6] And verily, We have adorned the lowest heaven with lamps, and We have made them for driving away satans, and We have prepared for them the punishment of the blazing Fire.
            [67:7] And for those who disbelieve in their Lord there is the punishment of Hell, and an evil resort it is!
            [67:8] When they are cast therein, they will hear it roaring as it boils up.
            [67:9] It would almost burst with fury. Whenever a host of disbelievers is cast into it the wardens thereof will ask them, ‘Did no Warner come to you?’
            [67:10] They will say, “Yea, verily, a Warner did come to us, but we treated him as a liar, and we said: ‘Allah has not revealed anything; you are but in great error.’ ”

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … .php?ch=67

There is no other role of Meditation than worshiping the Creator- God Allah YHWH and obeying His Word of Revelation.

Thanks

nice...

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Yo are mistaking divine contemplation for meditation.

exactly..

2. profile image51

Hi friend mohitmisra

How would you define both and differentiate between the both?

Thanks

Divine contemplation is contemplating on god and his works .

Meditation is one pointed concentration aimed at uniting with the light or god.

1. profile image51

Hi friend mohitmisra

Please elaborate further with examples and links on both; the contemplation and the meditation.

Thanks

I an an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

zzzzz

3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

We were all born for the purpose of  achieveing enlightenment..

But then someone filled the air with rhetoric.
    Now enlightenment is  Kinda like a deer standing behind the fog.
      It aint goin no where

awesome smile

4. profile image49
    shola85posted 13 years ago

hello

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I don't think that I have received enlightnment in the way in which you speak.
       I do not think that it is hidden.
       I think that not getting it is a matter of looking for it in the wrong places.
       Or working too hard trying to get it.
       I always thought that it is a matter of it coming upon you or not depending upon our frame of mind?

How do ya know that ya have it?

1. profile image51

Hi friends

Enlightenment is Message from the Creator- God Allah YHWH to correct the wrong thoughts and acts of the human beings and bring them on the path of purpose of life. Message is received by the Messengers and then the relative enlightenment of the followers is to keep their activities within the overall Message received by the Messenges.

Thanks

i don't think that is enlightenment.   Cause everyone has got that.

Having god to describe relaxing in the sun is not enlightenment.   If that is even close to what enlightenment is
                             then....

The process "OF"  Relaxing in the sun and enjoying it, is enlightenment
           somrthing like that any way...  I've been told where to lay my towl and handed sunglasses so acording to you  Maybe I do got it??? ....   SURE ??????

6. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice and another they will not follow."

If you do not know the voice of the Lord, then you are not one of His.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I am deaf, will I not be one of His.

And perhaps, the loud sounds of an ever driving reality drowned out the voice.

And just maybe, it was that elusive tree that fell in the forest while no one was there to hear it.

Or, there were simply no voices to be heard.

One way or the other, SirDent, I have not become one of His because I have not heard of the voice of which you speak.

If I plea to you on bended knees with hands clasped together, could you send that voice my way that I too might hear it and know what it is you know so I may become one of His.

Sincerely. Q

But if he does say something to ya it might not mean nothing  more to ya than  finger tip  to the tip of the lip??

1. profile image54

Seems you don't trust in your omnipotent gods abilities to talk to me, unless of course your expectations of your gods communication skills ain't akin ta shutin a baer witta putata gun...

sometimes he starts kinda small.  Then he waits to see if ya turn your head.

1. profile image54

Were you two on a fishing trip together or something? Maybe, canoeing down river, playin banjos..

I wish ...  It woudda been nice,  On second thought he mitta been there I don't know.

I did take a three day canoe trip down the buffalo river before there was a single st. Park on it.

He coulda been there??

1. getitrite profile image70
                  getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And maybe Bigfoot and Santa Claus were there too. http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/LFRO/smiley-shocked.png

No for sure  NOT  cause I woulda membered.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Odd that He would discard His creation for not doing what you say. wink

You sure it is not YOU saying this garbage?

Feel Big, little man?

7. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

This is serious mental illness.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/Heathen_Angel/Motivational%20Posters/atheism_motivational_poster_25.jpg

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well this makes sense anyway! lol

8. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Scuze my ingnrance isn't Revelation a brand of suitcase ?    (~)

9. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Coming to the Topic from the OP:

Buddhism without any truthful message from Buddha written or dictated by him; has no enlightenment in it; it is mere enslavement of self in meaningless meditation.

Thanks

paarsurrey take it easy ,read the Buddha Sutras,it contains supreme knowledge and is a masterpiece.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)