God

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Rev Will profile image40
    Rev Willposted 13 years ago

For all the haters prove that there is no wind, or air and then we can talk about your foolish idea on God.  Just like wind (that we can not see), or the air we breathe, We feel God, We see God's work.  But you believe in wind that saves nothing, but!!!!

1. Wayne Tilden profile image60
      Wayne Tildenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever seen your brain? Can you reach out and touch your brain? Do you believe you have a brain? Then you must have a brain.

Have you ever seen God? Can you reach out and touch God? Do you believe in God? Why not? You believe you have a brain.

What's wrong with this argument?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too much thinking to do for most. lol

2. Rev Will profile image40
        Rev Willposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have seen a brain.  Why?  And I have seen God's evidence and kindness!

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No you have not - you MAY have seen love and kindness - but you definately have not seen that it comes from any god - you can only attribute it to a god in your imagination. Nothing wrong in this, if you believe in a god then it is real for you I guess, but it does not make god real.

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This statement coming from someone that believes in our sun, yet has never seen it.

1. profile image0

Hi Jerami - this is the difference I guess, I benefit from the sun and I see it every day, so when it is dark I am not frightened because I know the earth is round and the sun will come around again, and again, and again.  Good stuff comes and goes, bad stuff comes and goes, all of it is human made with no god involved.

How are you China man ??   
                You haven't seen the sun!
                We see the bright glow that the sun is surrounded by.
                We see the benefits that the light brings.
                We feel the effects of it on our skin.   

The difference between fact and conjecture is the number of people that believe it????

When everyone agrees it is a fact. 
                   Just because everyone thinks of something as a "fact" that does not necessarily make it true.

1. profile image0

big_smile  true as usual!    so when I get god-burnt by exposure I will think of believing - ok big_smile

Seriously though..   Believing in something does bring a certain level of truth where without belief;  it didn't happen.

Talking about hypnosis...  If ya believe an onion is an apple, it tastes like an apple.

Or if a pencil is a lit cigarette..  it will raise a blister on ya when you see it touch ya.

Reality can be bent by the power of the mind.

2. Rev Will profile image40
            Rev Willposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or the wind?  I guess that it is there right!

2. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You claim we can't see our atmosphere, but you claim to see your god?

And, you say it is your job to spread this information around?

Oh my. sad

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL You don't need any enemies, you are your (and your religion) worst enemy lol

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And just what are you looking to prove with this faulty reasoning?

4. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Using your scenario, there could be many gods which cannot be seen!  Correct?

5. Beelzedad profile image58

Why would you believe we can't see our atmosphere? That makes no sense. We know exactly what our atmosphere is comprised.

The wind is nothing but the movement of that atmosphere.

Where would you get those foolish ideas?  smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I take offense to your opening statement.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did not get that part about brain, sorry...

Why are you asking me to explain it? lol lol

Would you like me to answer Wayne's questions, as they are posted?

I'm not sure what you want exactly. Please clarify? hmm

3. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

er is this thread going anywhere.

It could Joy, where would you like it to go? lol

4. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

to bed i am really tired, worked late, and back in work at 8

5. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends
    There is only one Creator- God Allah YHWH; as the Univese created by Him is working in a system; if there had been many it would have been in chaos.
    Thanks
    I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

6. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

I am WITNESS for the existence of God.I am one that was
    BORN for that purpose.If you touch fire,and someone told
    you that you did not touch the fire at all.
    WHO WOULD YOU BELIEVE. What you experienced.......
    or what someone told you?
    I WALK WITH HIM BEYOND COMMON KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES.
    Knowing is evidence and evidence is what you have found to be true.This is PERSONAL EVIDENCE,...TO WORLD POPULATION.

1. profile image0

This kind of pontificating is only evidence of delusion and maybe a personality disorder.  But I like the big boomy voice thingy going on in there!

7. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Everyone should realize that every word that comes out of our mouths either have a constructive or destructive consequence .

We see this in our everyday lives.
      Because everyone with all kinds of different desires have this ability, this sometimes turns into a foamy mixture that ferments.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I can't see germs, bacteria. But I believe in them. I see a lot of them in the religion forums too, god sniffers posting endlessly.

9. mfitz profile image60
    mfitzposted 13 years ago

I am curious what all of your definitions of "love" is? Scripture says "God is love" and "God is light". When you look closely, EVERYTHING, and i mean everything in this universe (and likely all the others) is made of light resonating at varying frequencies-its ALL light-period. So, what then is "light"? Again, look at it closely, (we do have technology that helps for those that have eyes to see and ears to hear)the smallest item in the universe is a quark-made half of a positive and half negative light particle forming a photon-you cannot cut it in half-just like trying to cut a magnet in half, you cannot get one half positive and one half negative-they are bound simultaneously.

Silly kids! something you can "see" is merely a SMALL band of frequency that the optics of our eyes and brains (we hope is there) pick up-again, everything is light-even in the "dark", you cannot see with human eyes, but put on night vision goggles and you can see all kinds of things-light is everywhere and constant, what our eyes can and cannot see may be the limits of your brain thoughts?

I am also curious where ALL of you developed your first impression of your beliefs-who taught them to you? was it fear or control based? likely. do some research-find out everything you can about religion, the bible, history, and also see if you can listen to your heart and inner voice? i am curious for sure! There is definitely a creative intelligence in our universe-when you look closely the micros and macros are using the same systems-designed for sure. For you Christians, start with Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. My concordance suggest to understand these verses is to KNOW the purpose/will of GOD. For you non-believers, keep following yoru heart! Dr. Mike ThD

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Where? Can you show us those micros and macros and the creative intelligence, Dr. Mike?

10. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

foolish idea of god?..well whom are you talking to believers or non believers?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)