How to increase my hubsore and the hubsore of my hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

How to increase my hubsore and the hubsore of my hubs?
    I have attended hubpages for several weeks. And my hubscore was high in the beginning, but now, it sharply went down. I am quite confused about this point. Could you give me some advice on how to increase my hubscore? Thank you in advance!

1. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi there!

To increase personal hubscore, one of the way is to be constantly active in forum and posting articles. It is more to your activity score. It is normal to go up and down from time to time.

As for your hub score, I would say normally it is affected by traffic and even people commenting and voting for it.

Again, it is normal for it to fluctuate from time to time.

Hope this helps in general smile

1. PierrePierre profile image61
        PierrePierreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Useful infor.
        “constantly active in forum and posting articles”
        I will do my best to make my score higher.
        Thank you very much.

2. snagerries profile image68
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To increase your hubscore, you just need to be active in hubpages and the forums. Try to post more hubs frequently along with posting commments on other hubs.

3. jasoncox83 profile image60
      jasoncox83posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hub scores will go up naturally, so long they are quality hubs that is generating traffic, comments, etc.
      Your hub score will decrease if you do nothing. Be active on the forums, answer questions, leave comments, most importantly produce more hubs. You will find your personal hubscore increases quicker than you think. In only 4 weeks I am up a 91 already smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This may be true generally, but will not work in the OP's case where there is copied and foreign language contents.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Here is the best information, without posting a huge post. wink big_smile

Darkside wrote some hubs about HubPages.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/how
    http://hubpages.com/hub/howhubworks
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore
    http://hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-works

Take your time reading them. smile

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Your hubs are duplicates - or slightly changed versions - of articles found multiple places around the Internet. HubPages penalizes such sub-standard content, and until the problem is solved your author score is likely to remain below 75.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
      PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know tho, my scores were above 80 and now they are below or averaging 60, so is "duplicates" the only reason, as my aren't. ?

1. profile image0

You are talking about the hub score, I was talking about the author score. Your author score is 92, the OP's is 60.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Duplicate content is the biggest reason for a low Hubscore.  Remember duplicate means copied from somewhere else on the internet even if the 'somewhere else' was also written by you..

Otherwise, try posting a couple of your low-scoring Hubs over on the Extreme Makeover thread and maybe we can spot what the problem is?

Lrohner, I think Hubsore is what you feel when you've been sitting down writing Hubs for too long.  Or is that Hubnumb?

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That might come from reading too many hubs in one sitting... lol wink

2. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sound advice Website E.  Personally I don't pay much attention to scores.  I just blast out whatever I'm holding in my head at the moment and let the chips fall where they may.

1. JulieBMack profile image60
        JulieBMackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What specifics get high ranking hub scores on articles?  I am not seeing the pattern.  I spend time on my articles and some get a score of 70+.  Do brand new hubs typically start low?  Thanks!

1. profile image0

They usually start out around 50. Traffic is more important than anything else. People rating them up or down has relatively little impact.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

2. tobey100 profile image61
          tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine always do.  I seldom have more than 5 or 6 hubs with a score greater than 75.

3. livewithrichard profile image73
          livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have found that hubs that have between 800 and 1200 words fare better than those with less than 800 and those with more than 1200.  I guess you can say that is the "sweet spot" for me.  Concentrate on targeting no more than 3 keyword phrases (not the same as tags) Only use tags that relate to your topic and no more than 20.

Also make use at least 3 to 4 images and at least 1 to 2 videos. Polls and quizzes will keep your viewers on page longer which is something the search engines track also (time on page)

Add an RSS capsule of a popular "on subject" blog or a news capsule.  This will keep your page dynamic, meaning it will constantly update on its own and when the spiders crawl they will notice new material.

Plus make use of the map and links modules for your viewers

Of course, your content will ultimately be the main focus so be concise, informative, and fresh.

The above elements are the difference between my top performing hubs and those not performing so well. smile

4. JulieBMack profile image60
    JulieBMackposted 13 years ago

Okay thanks.  I guess a brand new one at 50 is not big concern yet!  smile

Hey Julie,

If you would like a hubscore higher than 50 on a freshly made hub, then leave it unpublished for a couple of days to a week. Also, review it for errors and possibly for adjustments. As you do this, it will gain more of a better score, before you publish it. smile

1. JulieBMack profile image60
        JulieBMackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I did not know that an unpublished hub could earn before it was published. THanks!

2. nicregi profile image65
        nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good one Cagsil.

Thant's why I notice my hubs are like 53-ish right after I post them.

*i use to keep them to review the contents and photos smile

Thank you for the info!

5. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

This is probably a silly question, but what's a hubsore? Is that something you get from looking at too many hubs? smile

Hey Irohner,

The hubscore goes up and down relative to traffic and ratings applied, such as up-down-beautiful-awesome-useful-funny. smile

1. lrohner profile image67
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right. So what's a hubsore. That's what the OP asked for. smile

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you actually said "hubscore" like the OP was asking...I didn't notice the "c" missing.

A "hubsore" would probably be from writing too long of hubs that your fingers are sore, just from writing one. lol

6. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Okay, we've got Hubnumb and Hubsore. And Hubache would be.....?

btw, no apologies needed, Cags. But read the OP again--Hubsore! smile

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a Hubsore yet and I hope I don't get one!  smile  but I have had a Hubache at times.  I've been called a Hubbum and I had a Hubchore the other day, but I got it done.  I OFTEN get Hubnumb.  I'm just a Hubchick trying to keep my Hublife happy.  I've tried, with no success, to get a Hubhubby, but I had to give that up when I realized most of the Hubmen are already tied up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)