Near the end of my challenge - 17 hubs to go - need ideas...

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I'm doing a sales hub challenge and am running out of ideas. I've been lazy so I plan to get them all done in the next few days.

I'm planning to do the keyword research but I just need ideas for basic areas - for instance I've covered some wedding ones, done a valentines one, small electronics etc.

General subject area ideas welcome! big_smile thanks

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Do keyword research - it will give you ideas smile

3. WryLilt profile image87

But I need general areas to type in to narrow down to specific keywords. And my brain hurts. sad

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

just type random words into a search engine, and see what comes out with search assist smile

5. WryLilt profile image87

Hmmm maybe I need to do keyword research about mother-in-laws again. Mine's coming up IN TWO DAYS TIME! sad

But I don't feel like writing. Or researching. I just feel like randomly throwing words down and hitting publish. big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on the progress. I actually thought of you last week (because of your apparent thing about "mothers-in-laws".   lol    I just learned I'm about to become a "mother-of-the-bride" and so, consequently, of course, a mother-in-law!   lol   muahahaha!!

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations - to you! Not so sure about the bride...

Nice people have a way of becoming EVIL mother in laws.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
          Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks (I guess), although it's another milestone to cementing the road to oldness for me.  lol   I'm happy for my daughter and her fiance, though.  I do think I need to hone my "mean" skills if I'm going to live up to my new title.  smile

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

That may work, too. I heard it's called a poetry nowadays tongue

But you can't make money from poetry tongue Although for that matter I don't seem to be making money off my sales hubs. Ah well. Live and learn!

7. PhoenixPoet profile image54
    PhoenixPoetposted 13 years ago

How about a sales hub on products that people genuinely NEED whether they're big money-makers or not?

8. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Maybe I've got premies on my mind tonight (because of kmackey's news), but how about a Hub on items made specifically for premies?  OR, how about one on nice mother-of-the-bride dresses (not fuddy-duddy ones)?  smile  How about one on back-to-school clothes for kids of different ages?   Or, I recently heard of "groom's cakes" for weddings (had never heard of them).  How about a Hub on those?

1. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

9. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

It's always heading into summer or winter somewhere in the world so what about something on portable air-con or heating units ~ maybe not wildly exciting but practical and people need them.

10. WryLilt profile image87

Ok thanks you three... you've definitely given me some ideas to think about!

In particular Lisa, those are pretty good ideas. big_smile

11. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

Hi WryLilt,
    I looked at you hubs you wrote about Maternity. You can extend those hubs to some maternity product for mother, or baby shower gift.
    Just some ideas

Thanks Andy. I do have a baby shower hub (un keyword researched) but despite thinking it's of reasonable quality it's never had a single external hit sad

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

heres my take on the issue ..a bit longer than a forum post

Finding things to write about

2. Ign Andy profile image57
        Ign Andyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm  not suggesting about the baby shower but gift for baby shower such as: baby crib, travel baby crib, or crib mattress, crib bedding set or something like that.

12. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Christmas is coming and so is Halloween!  I get quite a lot of Hub topic ideas from looking at the keyword report on my Google Analytics report - quite often visits are coming from keywords that I haven't actually written about, but when I look them up get quite good traffic.

I also keep a list of topics and when I'm reading the paper or a magazine, I jot down things that interest me - I currently have 14 pages of hub titles and not enough writing time!!!!

1. Chaotic Chica profile image59
      Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what I going to suggest-the holiday thing! LOL big_smile

13. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Heya Wry,

A few ideas I am tossing out here for you to think about, use as your own discretion.

Dogs
    Cats
    Holden
    Ford
    Fathers Day
    Mothers Day
    Christmas
    Bathurst Race
    Formula One
    Rugby League
    Rugby Union
    Australian Rules Football
    Asthma In Australia (just curious myself as to why we seem to have the highest incidence of it in the world?)
    Online Banking
    Holidaying destinations (& in Australia)
    Famous Aussies
    Famous Aussie actors/musicians/politicians
    Australian Wildlife

Hopefully that's enough to get you started on some new idea's big_smile

14. PhoenixPoet profile image54
    PhoenixPoetposted 13 years ago

OK.  I really hate being mercenary BUT I can be if need be.  So How about just checking what's hot online and then simply promote merchandising connected to the top ten hottest things whether it be a TV show, a movie or a celebrity?

15. WryLilt profile image87

Thank you all for the ideas. However I only have 14 hubs to go and I now have about 30 different topic ideas. smile If you're not careful you guys will force me to do another 30dc....

1. PhoenixPoet profile image54
      PhoenixPoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops!  Sorry!  Wouldn't want that!  Would rather see you do something CREATIVE/LITERARY for the next one!

Haha depends where the money is! Although I've done about 5 or more non sales hubs during this challenge couldn't help myself - so I'm not counting those.

1. PhoenixPoet profile image54
          PhoenixPoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No!  Don't worry about the money just be creative for the next one!  Don't worry HP will paste ads all through your hub anyway no matter what the subject!

Yes but it's the traffic that brings in money.

In other words - I can have adverts all through my hubs but if no one is seeing them then they aren't going to be clicking them.

16. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Do a Hub on solar powered Christmas lights, would appreciate a link back to festivechristmasdecorations.com or festivechristmaslights.com for the tip wink tongue

Haha good idea!

2. WryLilt profile image87

Darn looks like that's already taken, hubwise. sad

http://www.hubpages.com/hub/Solar-Power … mas-Lights

17. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Just because you have one hub in a niche, doesn't mean you can't do more. You said you already have a baby shower hub, but why not expand? Gifts, games, decorations, etc?

I'd suggest finding a theme and writing several on the same idea. Sit down and see what all you can come up with on one topic. Or come up with a few topics that you think you can come up with a few different hubs on.

Just because another hub has been written on a topic you want, that doesn't mean that you can't write on that topic too. Take it from a different angle.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)