Is your traffic lower on weekends?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (28 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Mine almost always is. Once in a while, I'll have a $20 or $25 Saturday or Sunday, but otherwise, my weekend traffic and earnings are lower than they are during the week. How about you?

1. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think if the hub is something about what a person does on a weekend theirs a chance you could get more. I think its random and has a lot do with the topic perhaps....

Example: swimming,videogames, and other things people might possibly search for on weekends, but who knows?

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

On some of my hubs traffic increases on the weekend, as does my making money. wink

Some lose traffic, but still get clicks. So, either way I continue to make money. lol

3. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Yes, at the moment I find that my views plummet between Friday afternoon and the middle of Sunday (UK time).

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Actually, Monday is my best day of the week traffic-wise, followed by Saturday. Midweek is the worst for me. My traffic is definitely down a bit on Sundays, but the people that remain are shoppers, because I usually sell a lot more on Sundays. smile

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I think I am one of teh few peopel here who normally sees a rise in traffic on a weekend, yesterday was however an exception to my usualy friday sad

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My best days are mid-week. I guess it all depends on the subject matter of your hubs? Mine, however, are all over the place! lol

7. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Some of my Hubs do better during the week, and others on the weekend.

8. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

MY own websites do much, much better on the weekends. I get a good 40% of my sales on weekends on my sites.

Hubs however seem to be about the same from day to day.

9. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Yep, it's lower on the weekends, but I have no idea why, right now it just is for me big_smile

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably because, unlike us, most people have better things to do on the weekend than surf the Internet.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, no! Say it ain't so, P! Does that mean that eveyone's web surfing when they're supposed to be working?? I always wondered about that...

1. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be my guess.

10. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

The stuff that gets traffic via searching goes down, but the comedy stuff stays pretty consistent and sometimes goes up a little.

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Yes it does, about 30%.

Not so much when the World Cup was on, as I have a lot of soccer hubs.

My biggest earning days are almost always Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, although Mondays have begun to strengthen for me, and Thursdays have begun to drop off a little.

12. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

You could try and write hubs with titles such as "what to do on a sunday" or something!

13. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

All the traffic and earnings are about the same, weekday or weekend.

14. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

My earnings drop significantly on the weekends, but only because amazon shipments drop off. However, my amazon orders always rise nicely on the weekends, setting me up for lots of shipments during the next week.

As far as actual traffic goes, I keep a spreadsheet to monitor my own stats, and I update it on a daily basis, even though I usually only fill it in once a week.

I can not determine that any particular day or days gets more or less traffic on a regular basis than any other day or days. Not on an overall basis or on a particular blog or hub account either. All of them have random highs and random lows.

15. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

Yes - about 30% lower!

My best traffic is always Mondays/Tuesdays. I do tend to get a lot of amazon sales on the weekends though.

16. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Ayup.  Usually starts falling off on Friday, though sometimes Friday takes a big jump.  Sat and Sun drop 20% and sometimes Mon is off some too.

Anything over $15 on a weekend day is a bonus and unexpected for me.

But that does not count e-book sales.  Sometimes I will sell two or three over the weekend, which more than makes up for the ad loss.

17. bileygur profile image60
    bileygurposted 13 years ago

Saturdays are worst, but Sunday afternoon can be pretty good.

18. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

For the people who lose significant traffic on the weekends, is any decent portion of your hubs product focused?

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me personally, the biggest drop is from my highest-traffic hub - which is a "how to" hub rather than a product-oriented hub.

19. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Well, shucks - I'll have to eat my words. Today was one of my best earning days of all time!

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say generally it is lower, but like you habee, sometimes it spikes. smile

2. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Up late again, young lady?  I'm keeping an eye on you! smile

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which eye, Laurel?

20. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

Actually, my traffic seems to be higher on weekends.  Funny that.

I think it was the right eye Laurel was keeping on Habee.  That leaves Laurel with only one eye free, so write BIG!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)