Will You Please Stop?!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (69 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

The arguing in religion section is driving me batty.
    I go occassionally out of curiosity but get batty when I see so many rude and mean comments.

I just want it to STOP!

What should I do.
    Thank you.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arguing about religion is going to go on whenever people of different beliefs are all in one place designed for the purpose of "discussing".  Spare yourself from seeing those rude and mean comments by staying out of the religious forums.  I stay out of there and usually stay of the politics forum, and I'm happy.   smile    Ignorance is bliss.   lol  (Books-and-Writing is a nicer forum, and Hangout is a funnier one.)

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much smile I apprecaite your help.

It is tempting to argue w/ these people but I can't win (no one can.)
        I just want to win and shut them all up but I can't!!!! Lol big_smile

I'm serious too tongue

1. Polly C profile image90
          Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The thing is, when people hold strong opinions about something (like religion) they are not going to change them, so not a lot of point in arguing, it will never be resolved!!

agreed smile

2. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahahahahahaha I like your hope!

you're a jackass

1. waynet profile image67
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEooooooooooooooooooore!

3. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Strengthen your arguments perhaps?
      For example when you are arguing stop calling people who don't agree with you monsters, sinners, or explain to them how sure you are that you really do have a fairy and it's not just your imagination.
      Screaming STOP! I want to be right! like a three year old may not work. smile Nor will telling people you don't go there much.

I think that's called lying.

eat poop, earnest

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay keep digging a hole for yourself, little sweet and innocent.

2. profile image56
          stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does your mother know you're using her computer?  You might let her know you've filled your nappy and its time for your nap.

If you are going to act like a toddler then you will be treated as one.

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy.  Don't go into the religion section.

lol  lol   (That's the only way to keep your head from exploding - or at least feeling as if it's about to.  )

1. TamCor profile image76
          TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OH, do I EVER agree with you on THAT! hahaha  lol

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Marisa, that would be too easy. lol

5. profile image56

Stop projecting your putrid superstition onto others as the audience does not all grant the Xian base premise.

It is that simple.

The only way to 'win' is not to play.

6. Freya Cesare profile image79
      Freya Cesareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy. Stay away from religious forum. Period. wink

7. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps if you started a thread telling people who do not believe The Nonsense to leave the country and go live in China where religion is illegal? Do you think that would stop the arguing?

By the way - there is special section for irrational beliefs such as yours - it is called "Religion  and Philosophy." wink

8. 2uesday profile image64
      2uesdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I an sorry but I cannot understand why you would visit the forum if it upsets you so much. 

Maybe it will help if you ask yourself what you are trying to achieve there and why you are drawn back to it if you despise it.

I would doubt that one non-believer has been converted by reading the religious forum or 'debating in it' or one believer has altered their views to become an atheist. I may be wrong. Maybe I have no 'right' to express a view about it as I never visit the religious forum but these posts are 'leaking out' of the said forum now.

9. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, this has always been a hubpages issue.  Everyone seems to enjoy a bit of the hormone rush! hehehe.  I always tend to avoid them - if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! lol

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Pray?

I don't always pray.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and then Kneel -- Pray first

very funny!
        How about we meet somewhere ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what about hehe, am here in Dallas, am going to cook you a stir fry that kneels

1. Freya Cesare profile image79

lol Pass me the recipe, please? wink

2. motricio profile image68
        motricioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maitaaaaaaa big_smile

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG

Insta-Pee

My only suggestion to the OP is it's not going to change, let's instead try screaming that attitude at this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxR4AweLeXE

Thanks

Kimberly

ps-honestly, why go in them?  Just stay away, cause those nor political threads will never stop the commments etc.

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

HP forums a microcosm of life. You can not stop life.

Thanks for the help. I feel sooooooo much better!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, life does indeed suck.

witch

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
            paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as it is understood that I’m a male witch…

sure, no problem have fun w/ your balls- I mean ball- Crystal ball

2. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 13 years ago

Just stay out of the forums... they will always be like that, like a bunch of adolescents arguing about their football teams..

thank you smile

3. Pink Bikini profile image59
      Pink Bikiniposted 13 years ago

schoolgirlforreal you could have worded your post, "For Christ's sake stop the arguing!" pun intended

LOLOL big_smile

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image80

Come on, beers are on me!! LOL big_smile

1. Pink Bikini profile image59
          Pink Bikiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sounds divine, (and not spiritual divinity - but I could have a spirit, like whiskey!) LOL smile

4. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 13 years ago

lol  Did I ever tell you the story....lol

When I first joined Hubpages, and dared to venture into the religious forums, I, too, was horrified by the rude, mean, nasty comments and attitudes of self-righteousness.  So, what did I do?  I jumped right in and told people off for their behavior!  lol  Then, I was politely told, by the 'arguing' Avatars, that they knew each other very well, knew what they meant when they said this or that, and have been bantering back and forth that way for quite some time.

Now I keep to myself, as much as possible, and try really hard not to enter into any religious discussions. big_smile

5. raisingme profile image78
      raisingmeposted 13 years ago

‎"The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just
      because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe." -Ed Krebs,
      photographer (b. 1951)

6. wytegarillaz profile image58
      wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

I enjoy the forums like sandpit , info on writing hubs, refer other hubs, travel, games etc , there are so many good ones to look at and learn from that are friendly !

7. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Yep, stay out of the religion forum!  There are so many better things to do in life smile

8. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

roll

Do you really think you can manipulate people by stomping your feet and pouting? What do you hope to gain by making ridiculous demands on the rest of us?

I've already told you what you needed to do the last time you threw a fit. It's extremely simple, you just don't come in to open religious debate forums if you cannot handle reality, and don't wish to jeopardize losing your faith. As I told you before, there are hundreds of religious forums on the web which are exclusively for christians only. They will not allow open debate and the voicing of opinions they do not agree with. I know, cause I've been kicked out of a number of them over the years.

Personally I'm willing to compromise. If christians in america would stop trying to foist their lame beliefs off onto the rest of us, stop trying to rob us of our rights, stop trying to thwart progress, stop attacking science, stop putting messages on their church signs telling my kids they're going to hell, stop discriminating against other religions, stop trying to make world issues religious wars, stop voting for dumb-butts and frauds to run our country, stop discounting the lives of everyone else, and stop calling nonbelievers selfish, hard-hearted rejectors of goodness, then I'd stop pointing out how ridiculous they are.

Willing to live and let live, if only that respect was a two-way street.

We're not childish for debating religious issues passionately. You, however, are behaving in a rather childish manner by throwing a fit about it, and being incapable of controlling and taking responsibility for your own actions.

"All men [and women] shall be free to profess -and by argument maintain- their opinions in matters of faith." Thomas Jefferson

But you know what? If all you whiny, attention-seeking religious types keep complaining about it often enough and loud enough, maybe HubPages will give in and shut the religious forums down.

Your choice. Continue attempting to stop others from making their own choices, or grow up and deal with the fact that your religion can no longer oppress the world at large.

My apologies to the decent and gracious christians who have not thrown out respect for freedom of religion. I am sorry -believe me- that the behavior of your brethren in this country causes so much strife.

Don't think of me as a Christian when it comes to this.
        Religion has nothing to do with
        the way people act and behave in these forums.
        Everyone is a debator

1. profile image56

What you post, and have been challenged on-and go apeshit about is Christianity.

What you've been taken to task for, repeatedly, are your unsupported assertions and you've been counseled on your behaviour and actions.

It enrages you, and you've acknowledged you're unable to respond to the valid challenges, then blame others for the failure you've brought upon yourself.  You blame others instead of following the Jesus' directive;

"1 Thessalonians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Of course, your Christian and oh so adult [latter is sarcasm] response has been to tell Ernest, for one, to eat poop.

That 'certainly' {sarcasm] encourages anyone to take you seriously.

You're great comic relief.

9. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years ago

I would like to condemn anyone who tries to make other people do what they want them to do.  I would sincerely like to say that people who tell other people what to do are not right in the head.

but, I cannot do that because I am always telling people what to do!  I LOVE to tell people what to do!  I LOVE to tell them how to act!  When I first joined HubPages I came right in here and started my own tribe!  because I needed so badly to tell people how to act - and they let me!  So, I'm thinking, its just a matter of HOW you tell people how to act!  You do it with LOVE!  and then they will become acceptable in your eyes and all is just wonderful - Peace, love, happiness.   

OK, you may be excused to go vomit now.

When people are mean to me, personally, I love it that we can REPORT them here on HubPages.  Of course, everyone will know that I whined and ratted on someone then, but I will do it.  I'm not kidding. If you are mean to me I will REPORT you! But I will be very careful that my reporting is justifiable, cuz it could backfire - I've seen that happen.

Anyway - peace, babies~!  I LOVE YOU!  YES!  I really do!

10. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years ago

I know this is probably not the right place to ask this.  And don't get me wrong, I totally believe in Jesus and I especially love - just LOVE - the way he dressed.  With that robe and those sandals and the HAIR!  Man, he was sexy!  No, really.  He WAS!  and I have been wondering this a long, long, time - did he, I mean, how can anybody really know, but do you THINK he wore underwear?  under that robe?  I mean like boxers, probably, because they probably didn't HAVE briefs in those days.  What do you think?

1. C.A. Johnson profile image70
        C.A. Johnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He definitely went Commando. You could tell by the sway in the front.

11. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years ago

no, that wasn't the right place to ask it

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

I think he wore a thong.

1. mega1 profile image78
          mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh yes - the third kind of underwear!  so plausible!  and yet . . . thinking like Jesus, peace, love, harmony, accepting your neighbor and treating people like you would treat yourself - I think he probably didn't wear underwear. 

Now, this brings me to the next link in this chain of thought - what kind of underwear was the very first to be worn?  should we consider those swaddling things - like tying a scarf around your middle and pulling it up between your legs - is that underwear?

is there an underwear museum somewhere so we can see the first known undies on display? 

should I care so much?

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mega, it does seem to hold some fascination for you.

Just try to remember, any undies are gonna be 2,000 years old. smile

1. mega1 profile image78
              mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you mean, could they possibly hold up that long?

2. Pandoras Box profile image60

I wonder if the image of his ... er..

Nevermind.

But boy that'd be a find! And I bet there'd be DNA on it.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i think he was a free bird...why not?....'free as a bird' that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

3. C.A. Johnson profile image70

The first underwear for women were designed by Romans and very delicate. They were a simple gold chain that rode low on the hip and had an slightly over sized pendant that dangled in the front but did not get in the way of using the necessities such as bathrooms and men.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

....hey that sounds pretty nice...jewellery!...very feminine indeed!

1. C.A. Johnson profile image70

Only the best.

Downside was when things got tangled. Ouch.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

ha ha ha!  never thought of that...i'm sure it was still beautiful!

1. Freya Cesare profile image79

Oh may! Why from pouting on religious forum we end up discussing about underwear? lol

...and why are we seeing quotes from The Bible in the "need help" forum?  roll

12. pisean282311 profile image65
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

it is simple..stop visiting the forums...forums are made for discussion and people have variety of vocabularies. people have right to express their views..some may be liberal , some may be extreme and it includes religious,non religious both..i have found some extreme religious minded people who themselves turn god and decide that people who dont agree to their views would go to hell or wont get salvation and such stuffs..in same way non religious people too ridicule religious people in strongest language..in the end humans are humans ..

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are they any different in the beginning? wink

1. pisean282311 profile image65
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

dont think so..in the end and beneath layers of tags like religious,,non religious we all are basically humans...

we want to be right, we want to defend what ever we believe , we want to prove others wrong...

13. trish1048 profile image67
      trish1048posted 13 years ago

Personally I don't hang out in the religion or politics forums, in fact, I wrote a hub about those two in particular.  I figure there's enough stress and confrontation in life outside of hubpages, so why add to it by going in those forums?  smile

14. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Good question, or statement,...... but you are right !It seems senseless to argue or even want to debate  in any forums , I came here to the hubs simply to write  and be included in the 'lives' of others who do. For whatever  reasons we all like being included in something. I guess the price of inclusion is the often edgy style of hubbers involvement. I said , in the beginning I would not lower myself into the politics of hubbing.
      And I have a couple of imes , it's quite senseless.......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)