Would you give a dollar to a stranger on the web?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Write some hubpages?

1. profile image50
      shmonkey316posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LoL

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you have basically come onto a random site which you know nothing about in the hope of gaining donations? Because if that is the case then sorry, just won't happen.

I am sure that we will all be willing to help you out if you decide to stay here and earn money though, in the form of knowledge and advice.

1. profile image50

Deleted

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
              Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So which is it, do you have a house in foreclosure or don't you?

1. profile image50

Deleted

YOU aren't losing anything; the bank is.  If they won't work with you, just stop paying and walk away when they finally throw you out (after the months and months and months that takes).  If you're making payments, keep the cash for yourself; you said you're both working.  Costs you bad credit for 7 years.  Big deal.  You and half the country are going to have bad credit for 7 years.

Unlike the big banks, nobody is going to bail you out. Why should you be bothered honoring your half of a contract when the industry has proven quite clearly that it's not about honor, it's about math?  Do unto them as they would do unto you in a heart beat.  You can rathole a lot of cash living for free till they toss you.

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years ago

Try:-

Fiverr

Flatr

Microworkers

Amazon Mechanical Turk

1. profile image50

Deleted

1. skyfire profile image80
            skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Avoid flatr if you don't have a blog. Try Microworkers or shorttasks if you need to earn 1$-5$ in short time. You can't scale your earnings from these sites but you'll get them in your paypal account within few hours. So pick ryan's advice and start thinking about earning money seriously on hubpages.

2. camlo profile image85
          camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Skyfire! This is a terrific idea.
          I've never heard of any of these before, but it looks fun. Microworkers looks particularly good.
          Thanks for posting this!

3. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
          Wayne Orvisburgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are kind of cool.

1. kmackey32 profile image62
            kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea i think that site is cool.... and yes shmonkey, strangers do help and its a great feeling. I would if i could but at this time I am also struggling with how I am going to pay things with a medical crisis.

1. profile image50

Deleted

If you are giving 3/4 of your income away (or 3/4 of ANY part of income away) and yet are asking for help on an Internet forum... I can tell you what you need is a good financial adviser.  Heck, you don't even need a good one.  Just some kid with a brand new accounting degree from a state college can do you a WORLD of good.  Probably have you back on your feet in three months.

1. profile image50

Deleted

Well, while I understand what you are saying, I would point out that had you kept it, you would only need $1,188 now.  It's the old "watch your pennies and the dollars take care of themselves thing."  Particularly if you are in a really rough patch, which it sounds like you folks are.

2. kmackey32 profile image62
                kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well thanks for donating to the Ronald Mcdonald house as my daughter and I may being staying at one this weekend..

3. Uzdawi profile image74
        Uzdawiposted 13 years ago

Before you signed up, why didnĀ“t you read about HubPages?You could atleast take a quick tour and then decide if HubPages is for you.If not, you can check out my hub "a list of sites where you can make money", maybe you will find something there.

You should give HubPages a shot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)