Atheists and scientists.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (42 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

I appreciate Atheists for their work in bringing out the emptiness of religion and  the lies behind the rituals and miracles.   They proved that many forces and miracles in animals and holy places are false.  I also do not believe in those religions which vanish in front of atheists and scientist.

Atheists and Scientists are doing the work of finding out the duplicate currency notes.  But they went wrong at the point when they said that there is no original currency note exist.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the best part of science is that it is not frozen in time..it doesnot have never changing reference book...so whenever science is wrong it accepts the new reality..it is as simple as that..

1. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In other words science has no absolutes and you can never be sure that another scientist will not disprove what is (or was until now)accepted scientific fact?

Is that right?

Is that acceptable?

Can anybody rely upon that?

for disapproval he/she has to come up with proves which can be measured...it cannot be rejected just because someone feels so...

but it is best way for humans...now let us take example of galileo...when he came up with his claim and backed it with evidence..scientist studied his evidence and accepted it ..on other hand religion ridiculed him , humiliated him..now choose what is right way?

also what ever we see in the world today is invention by some or other person ..scientist are true servers of humanity and actual seekers of truth...

jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Atheists and Scientists are doing the work of finding out the duplicate currency notes.  But they went wrong at the point when they said that there is no original currency note exist.

can you elaborate on this..duplicate currency notes?..i dont think only atheist want to find about it..there are more believers than atheist and trust me both are equally interested in notes ..since it actually moves the world:)

duplicate currency note means duplicate religion and false gods

okie..well they didnt go wrong in it..they say spirituality is natural..and that is universal...religion didnt exist before human race...religion is answer to spiritual questions and if it is natural , it would be single universally..since it is not..one can safely conclude that religion is not natural and is human made...i dont think scientist went wrong in that..it is very logical...religion as we know of present age cannot trace itself more than 5k years before...oldest can be said as hinduism..but first temple dates back to 12k years..so there must be some religion about that time going around..so religion is simply way of humans about finding spiritual questions...

Atheism is a religion...

2. Susana S profile image90
          Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's right, but more often than not science builds on previous science not completely disproves it. It took 300 years and many, many scientists to discover all the elements in the periodic table - science doesn't just happen with one idea or one experiment and to expect it to is insane. Could chemists find more naturally occuring elements? I guess it's possible and if they did they would add to the existing knowledge about the periodic table not supercede it.

Yep this process is very acceptable. It works.

Everyone's relying on it. You're using a computer aren't you? You watch TV? You take medicine when you're ill?

1. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Susana... you are absolutely right, science, like everything is an evolving and changing thing.  Just because an idea is not relevant today, doesnt mean that it isnt relevant tomorrow. 

Just because you cant taste it, feel it and see it, doesnt mean 'it' itsn't there.
            This is why no one can be certain of anything, as, everything is about probability.  This is what science basis its hypothesis on - statistical anaylisis and probability.

As always, your common sense approach and great way of communicating has come through again!

2. Rishy Rich profile image74
            Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right. Its a very effective way of gaining knowledge. The positive side of science is that it keeps its options open & anticipates changes which could occur in the future i.e. The scientists knew what elements were missing in the periodic table & knew that someone is going to invent them!

On the contrary, religion had stated world is composed of earth, fire, wind & water, it is the center of the Universe, earth is flat like a plate, earth was created in six days, Adam & eve was created first & many more fancy claims which is sometimes funnier than fairy tales! Not only that, unlike the scientists they dont have an option neither accepts changes...rather pushes others to believe that their claims are RIGHT & they claim it absolutely without any rational evidence!

1. profile image0
              shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arh.. without any rational evidence to you.  We all live in our own reality and what others perceive as truth, may not be truth to another.  It wouldnt be very scientific not to be open to any possibility.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Shaz, that's not quite accurate. Reality exists outside of what you perceive it to be. Sorry. wink

3. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True, science offers no "absolutes." In fact, one of main criteria for a theory is that it must have the capacity to be falsifiable. If it didn't have this capacity, no one would learn anything. Other scientists are encouraged to falsify theories, that is part of the process of peer review.

smile

2. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is impossible to please God without faith. He is too big, strong, and smart for us to conprehend.  In the beginning, the Word was with God.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is wonderful that your intellect is on a par with god's and you are able to exactly specify what will please god. He is too big, strong and smart for us to comprehend - but you have done it.

Congratulations. You must have worked very hard to get there.

Speaking personally - this is just my personal opinion mind - I would not consider worshiping such a pathetic loser of a god myself. If I was going to invent a god - I would prefer him to actually be too big, smart and strong for me to comprehend instead of some one like you being able to know him well enough to say what pleases him.

Your god just sounds stupid.

I tell it like it is. Sorry. sad

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How you know that we even need to please god ? Can you prove this ?

3. skyfire profile image80

Poor analogy. It assumes that god does exist for which you're not giving any proof. Before you say atheists or scientists are wrong you've to prove that god does exist.

When science disapproves anything, religious people change the goal post with analogies like this.

2. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Its not exactly ryt to say that Atheists or scientists claim that there is no original currency notes!

It would be more appropriate to say that their defined notes could devalue in exchange rates at certain times while the religionists claim that their notes would never vary & always absolute in exchange rates...which is a lie!

duplicate currency note means duplicate religion and false gods...according to thread starter...jacobkuttyta must have worked in secret agencies..has coded way of communication smile

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Science looks for proof and facts and goes great length to find those proofs and facts. It's not easy, people put their lives on it. Religion needs only faith, no proof, no risk, no search. Just belief, better blind belief, as it is more convenient for all parties involved. Nothing is absolute in this everchanging world, but religion tells that God is absolute. So, can we  just close our eyes and calmly believe and wait for god to solve our problems? - No, life is too short for that! We have to go and do stuff and help other people do the same and may be achieve something in a process.

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

science has a necessity to continually rewrite itself. This is a good thing.

Since the extinction of THAT Hebrew nation that ...WAS... Gods chosen people, Christianity has been continuously changing its beliefs.  That was a bad thing.

If we could imagine ourselves standing there in front of Jesus 1980 years ago,listening to those things that is written;  we would understand his message from a totally different prospective than the one that we insist upon having today.

If we only knew how much interpretations have influenced our belief system. ????

4. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

People who wrote bible spread more false information than yeshua. I'm sure yeshua just assumed existence of god and spread peace with his possible knowledge. But people who wrote about him turned the tables down. For example, they changed history in such way it makes it possible for science in upcoming generation to discard it. Do you think mary was virgin ?No. If that happens then in past then it's possible for lesbians to get pregnant just by praying. Nothing is possible in the world of faith right ?wink Like this there are many contradictions which were spread.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mary could have been a virgin.  A virgin can be artificially impregnated today. Who is to say???

I just think that if we looked at scripture from the prospective that all prophesy concerning the end of days was fulfilled when that Hebrew Nation came to their end of days.(135AD)

And the prophesy of Revelation began being fulfilled THEN; scripture wouldn't seem to be so scrambled up

1. skyfire profile image80

Do you think people who used to believe in flat earth found a way to make virgin pregnant artificially ? roll

Really ? But problem is if we look at it skeptically, then things like this doesn't make any sense .Because believers go with first assumption that when you read the scriptures you end up believing it else you're not reading properly or you're listening to satan or you're fool. When people will understand that more than half of scripture stuff is already debunked, then we'll start to live life instead of waiting for end of days.

It is strange that some of those people that thought the earth was flat (REALLY?)  circumnavigated the earth.

Some of them "might" have thought that and some of them evidently didn't.
            Most of them never gave it a second thought.

Skepticism can conquer most any belief (in its own mind)

Not just in it's own mind but in reality as well. It trashed many previous beliefs like virgin mary, son of god fallacy, free-will assumption etc etc.

Besides that if there was any proof for artificial pregnancy in case of mary, why would we today bother about surrogacy ? and marriage to begin with ? is there any proof for artificial pregnancy written in any scripture ?

I don't think that those battles have been won yet, except for in the mind of the skeptic.

Sounds to me that the angel (as it is written) might as well have used those words when he said you are going to have a child, and she said  "how can that be?"

We only know how it was written and/or interpreted..

Beçause believers live in denial in their own mind,how come they prove it anyway? just because it is written in scripture doesn't make it real,no matter how escapism tried with angelic stories. Either someone knocked mary or believers made her pregnant for the sake of holyness in their own mind.

virgin birth is not news concept..even hindu epic which is older than bible has virgin birth ..it has 6 characters born by virgin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..so virgin birth remain concept of humans which attracts...

That's mythology, not reality. I only remember karan,magardhwaj though and there are more than 4 in mythic books like ramayna & mahabharat. If female starts to get pregnent by praying to god,angelic revealation or just like that then i wonder why there was marriage to begin with anyway. I wonder why bible believers live in denial in their own mind if they have no proof.

5. Jerami profile image59

Reality can be two; both outside and inside of self.

To say othrwise would be like saying that the water in the lake is 80 degrees, which can be both true and false.

6. Jerami profile image59

I think that when it is all over; we will find that NOTHING is as it apears to be.

Everyone on the earth are living an elusion of our own making.

Some of us make it way too complicated.

you have valid point...

Would the creator as described in the bible give his creation "Full and Total knowledge?" 
          That would be dangerous.  See how we destroy ourselves with what little knowledge we were given?

He would hold back enough of that knowledge to protect us and All other creations that he has made.

Like giving us a 5000 piece Jig Saw puzzle holding back just a few necessary pieces then sitting back watching to see how we react as we near completion of that project.

I know that I would.

i dont know about creator part of religion ..but i do agree with your " Everyone on the earth are living an elusion of our own making"...my world is my perception , analysis , judgement and evaluation..it is truth for me but might not be truth too..and so applies to almost all humans...

I think that all of humanity is caught up in this whirlpool.

7. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

Thanks all for your participation

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)