Lost all my work

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Your Knowledge profile image58
    Your Knowledgeposted 13 years ago

I dont understand how all my work could just have been erased. My impression was that once you click on the window to save your work then it is saved, even if you dont click the button that says 'saved unpublished'. But in fact i did save my hub unpublished as well, just to be sure. Then i went back to do some more editing, and left again. When i came back it was all gone, because i clicked on the window that said you may lose some or all your work.

I didnt bother reading it because my work was 'already saved'. Why would HP even make it possible for all your work to be lost? I dont see the point. I wrote a long piece where i put a lot of emotion in and its all gone now. Now i have to do it all over again but it wont be spontaneous anymore. It was spontaneous the first time. Now it will just be a copy. You can tell me to save my work in the future, but its already to late for that.

Im pretty disgusted right now.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

The editor regularly makes timed backups, which you can preview and then retrieve.

3. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

WE is right.  Open your text box in your hub.  At the bottom click recover draft.

smile

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry happened to me once when the net was slow and I couldn't save my work but I still could recover the draft ... I am  sure it is there.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

That happened to me one day last week, but when I closed my browser and re-opened the hub, it was all back. Try that.

5. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Let us know when you have managed to retrieve it... just in case of a hp glitch smile

6. Sweetsusieg profile image76
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

For future reference, you might want to use your word or woks programs to save your work. I put all of my work on my Microsoft Word works processor first.  That way you can edit your work rapidly, and see it as a whole when it's finished.  Just a thought, hope it helps.

1. nicregi profile image67
      nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I normally write on Microsoft words. Save a copy just in case. After that, copy and paste and the photos etc smile

Lucky there is draft...

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I always write directly in to Hubpages and have never had a problem. Definitely try to use the recover draft tool though.

1. nicregi profile image67
      nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I used to do so too but for some reason, I prefer the MS words in general. Maybe too used to it smile

8. starme77 profile image79
    starme77posted 13 years ago

Maybe write your hubs in word and save them in your documents folder - then you can always go back and copy and paste - good luck smile

9. Your Knowledge profile image58
    Your Knowledgeposted 13 years ago

Nope. All gone. The draft recovery saved about one sentence of the longest hub i ever wrote. The window with the most writing was gone completely. Oh well.

10. ruanz3 profile image59
    ruanz3posted 13 years ago

Bahahaha you wont believe this. Prepare to be dumbfounded by stupidity. I started a the hub on my YK account, but then decided to do the hub on this account. So all along i was looking at the hub in the wrong account! The hub in this account is still all there! *decides to never show face in forum again*

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Brain farts happen to us all, at times!

A slightly bruised ego is far better than losing your hard work - at least you know how to laugh at yourself, always a good trait to have smile

1. ruanz3 profile image59
        ruanz3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol exactly. Losing writing is the most annoying thing ever, so if i have to choose between not recovering it or looking like a complete fool its a no contest for me. smile

1. alternate poet profile image67
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't look a complete fool, you are just more honest than loads of others here, including me !!  big_smile  This kind of thing happens to me all the time and I just resign myelf to the fact that I have lost it, put it somewhere else or whatever.  Glad you found it.

Thanks AP wink

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  it happens. glad to see it's still alive.

3. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a relief... you can bet your bottom dollar that there have been a few people who have learned a bit more from this thread - so has been a great learning experience for the hubpages community smile

11. profile image0

An honest man is always welcome and appreciated.

Thanks WE.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Next time be careful before shouting "rape" and "murder"!
        I once left my work without saving because window panel just froze for some reason and it was saved automatically all right.  HubPages make it super easy to create articles. You can do it in your sleep! Just don't forget to push publish button.

Your Knowledgeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well i never lost anything before, thats why i found it so strange. I apologize to HP for assuming they were at fault.

12. profile image0

This is not unprecented. Someone reported that all of his hubs were gone, just couldn't find them no matter what. I suggested that maybe there was a second account and he had logged into the wrong one. The administrator finally confirmed that there was a second account, and the hubs were still there. The OP was never heard from again.

Your Knowledgeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha thats hilarious! Kinda feel for the guy though...

1. poetvix profile image55
        poetvixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am very happy for you that you found your work.  I had a large websight some years ago when I tried to write the first time.  I had everything there.  When it crashed I truly lost everything except the few I had submitted to other people's sites.  I recovered maybe ten writes total. 

What I learned from this?  Save in multiple places and always print because you just never know what will happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)